Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha (39088 Views)

Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / Look Of Onitsha Lagos Park [pics] Is Willie Really Working??? / The Sorry State Of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu-Ph Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by room089: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2014
That will be a welcome development in Anambra state. My fear is if this will ever materialize going by the petty lie the project is hinged upon.
Onitsha is so developped and saturated with houses and industries that it does not have a vacant land space to accomodate a bio-fuel refinery; demonstrations farms; botanical gardens; hotels; housing estate; sports facilities; industrial parks; solar farms; water. Parks; and health malls.
I think is high time our leaders stopped insulting our sensibilities and learn to always say nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2014
Onitsha is developing towards Nsugbe, Otuocha etc..

The project will not necessarily be in the Onitsha city center. It will be sited at the outskirt of the city, making the city to expand more..

room089: That will be a welcome development in Anambra state. My fear is if this will ever materialize going by the petty lie the project is hinged upon.
Onitsha is so developped and saturated with houses and industries that it does not have a vacant land space to accomodate a bio-fuel refinery; demonstrations farms; botanical gardens; hotels; housing estate; sports facilities; industrial parks; solar farms; water. Parks; and health malls.
I think is high time our leaders stopped insulting our sensibilities and learn to always say nothing but the truth.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Douglasdale(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
manny4life:

Bia, what has Emeka offor got to do with preventing Geometric from taking off? undecided

Simple! Emeka Offor Owns Enugu disco and he is insisting that Geometric cannot serve only aba. He wants aba and geometric to remain under eedc. Trying to sow where he did not reap. I think the case is in court.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Iykeponti(m): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2014
tandj: Odenigbo umuoji, I know a gospel singer from ur town. Luke ezeji. Used to listen to him when we were small. And he is so good. I don't know what happened. He suddenly stopped singing.

Nothing like home. That home breeze is d best.

See fruit trees like udala,ube,mango,ube oyibo and co everywhere.
Most times we don't put fan or ac on. So cool.
I lv roasted yam with ukpaka.
There is a way home people used to prepare moimoi and agidi jollof. So yummilicious.
And our ofe onugbu. Unbeatable!

Pls God, don't let ur favour depart from us. Help us to always get d best to steer d wheel for us.
We don't really depend on govt cos we r very industrious.
Just good leaders. Thank u God.
Ana-Igbo amaka.... otego nridebelu ofe ejiri ogiri-ugba welu si: D the thing agugbuenam : )

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by kroxova: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2014
Amambara ndewonu, kubanu aka

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 07, 2014
Douglasdale:

Simple! Emeka Offor Owns Enugu disco and he is insisting that Geometric cannot serve only aba. He wants aba and geometric to remain under eedc. Trying to sow where he did not reap. I think the case is in court.

For real shocked shocked shocked...Never knew this
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Iykeponti(m): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2014
Mmanya-ngwo na nkwu-enu + anu nchi on my mind embarassed Oma-mbara akwurugo! Anaedo ekenee mu unu! Ndi na agba obodo mmiri abatago. xD

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Akpan107(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
South East has finally been remembered by the FG.
May God bless SS and SE.
United we STAND!!!

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Iykeponti(m): 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
chinolization: You are a jobless clown, if only you know whom you are talking to! I can track you and bring your a55 and dump you in our guard room for weeks to rot away! Bloody civilian who does not know jack about human tracking!

You are not having a reasonable discussion; your posts smacks of bitterness, envy and frustration. It is not today that I marked you.

[s][/s]
Chino, onye ojoo grin Dike eji eje mba! Don't mind dat smallboy...grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by wickyyolo: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2014
This man wantts to contest in 2019. I can see the future.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Iykeponti(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2014
HappyJoe:

My people in Awka said nothing is happening. I know the signboards are up, but real construction work hasn't started & nothing is happening on the expressway - that's what my folks in Awka tell me.

I prefer your mature sensible engagement to the misplaced aggression of that lout, "Chino" (or whatever his name is).
Ndi evil men aputasigo grin udi madua bu ndia ji poison ananusi umu madu na village grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Ibinwanne(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Is a welcome development. If our incumbent governor from aguleri can actually help to realize dat project and some other projects I learnt d younger man is working towards actualizing. Then, what next are we talking about. Thank God for obiano and all d gud people of anambra. Long live APGA, long live ndi anambra.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Anambra leads while others follow. Anambra adigo mma

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Governement of development... #fresh air all the way..
chinology: THE Anambra State government has pledged to collaborate with the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC) in developing an eco-friendly Green City Project of the corporation in the commercials city of Onitsha.

The Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism Anambra State, Chief Tony Onyima, gave the pledge when he led a 3-man delegation to NTDC secretariat in Abuja recently.

The Director-General of NTDC, Mrs. Sally Mbanefo, while addressing the delegation described the Green City Project as a differentiating platform for Nigeria’s Eco-tourism credentials with bio-fuel refinery for conversion of waste to wealth. Others facilities will include demonstration farms; botanical gardens; hotels; housing estate; sports facilities; industrial parks; solar farms; water parks and health malls.

Mbanefo explained that the project, when fully developed, would create 20,000 jobs in two years and bolster Nigeria as a preferred destination for the growing eco-tourism market.

She disclosed that the Green City Project, which was earlier scheduled to take off in Abuja, was cancelled due to Abuja Centenary project.

NTDC boss noted that the strategic imperative of the corporation was to rebuild the corporation through skills acquisition and capacity building for the staff, growing the tourism value chain for revenue generation and job creation via domestic tourism.

She said the reason for promoting domestic tourism is to empower the local government to create jobs. “We are here to support you and make sure that tourism in Anambra State is a huge success, generating revenue for the state and creating wealth for the people in the state.”

Mbanefo was optimistic that Nigeria would overcome the current security challenges saying, terrorism is not peculiar to Nigeria as other countries such as Israel, Egypt, Iran, United Kingdom are also affected by terrorism.

She assured that the corporation would create awareness for people to participate in tourism-related activities in Nigeria.

In response, Chief Onyima “For the green City project, Anambra State is the best place for the project. We are eager to see the project come home because that is where it belongs.”

He noted that the state government has a robust developmental programme in the area of agriculture and tourism, saying that plans were underway to amend an Act that would officially list Anambra as an oil producing State.

While disclosing the intent of the State government to build a refinery and airport, the Anambra State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism noted that the government has awarded a contract worth N4.5bn for the construction of road leading to the refinery, which would specialize in drilling Aviation fuel.

Onyima called on NTDC to assist the state government in the registration and classification of hotels, saying that the state would soon be agog with cultural activities like beauty pageantry by 1st October and Odenigbo Carnival in December, in collaboration with the private sector.

“Tourism is one of the enablers behind our developmental programmes and it cannot materialize without having a tourism framework. In terms of hotel registration and classification, we need expertise from NTDC to classify and register them.

“We are planning for cultural activities and by October 1, we will start major beauty pageant.

He further revealed that the government was constructing a five-star hotel at Agulu Lake and Ogbunike Cave Resort to boost tourism and attract tourists in the State even as he sought the collaboration of NTDC in achieving this laudable project.

“Apart from these, we have the biggest thing happening in tourism. We are putting a five-star hotel at Agulu Lake to be ready by December. Ogunike cave is a UNESCO Heritage site but we have acquired the land around it, which is about 100 hectares. We want to develop Ogbunike Cave Resort.

According to him, “The Nollywood started in Anambra, so we want to take the ownership back, but we cannot do it alone. That is why we are seeking NTDC’s collaboration. So, we call on you to open your doors because we will come back several times.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/saturday-magazine/travel-a-tourism/173320-green-city-project-anambra-govt-to-collaborate-with-ntdc

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Chinom(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2014
" While disclosing the intent of the State government to build a refinery and airport "

Asaba has an airport, Enugu has an international airport, what's the point of building another one at Anambra. Seems to me like a complete waste of funds.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Lightening: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2014
chinolization: Taaa gbafuo from here! Who dash you Anambra citizen? Imagine a daft claiming Anambra!

You have your ghost here not only your people but I am a living witness here, serious work is currently ongoing and your frustration cannot affect our speed. I will get pix soon to shame you devil..

ENEMIES of progress who think we will stop on the way, we ain't stopping! We will keep leading the pack in all ramifications of development!

[s][/s]

Guy tell them. We do not increase, we multiply developments.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Tonylyte(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
chinolization: I don't really know if she is the daughter of Louis. But the lady is from Onitsha!

Onitsha people has so much in hawt beautiful chicks.. cheesy

Onitsha people are not igbos, they are strongly against people calling them igbos...they are 4m benin....

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
Anambra ga di nma ozo smiley manny4life,quid,tonychristopher,onenaira,okeikpu,aryzgreat bia nu nuru akuko cheesy cheesy

OdenigboAroli: I dey come.

A festival after my handle name....Odenigbo edebego nu!
Anambra akwulubago.

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by chinology: 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2014
What is your business with what we do with our funds? Why not go and concentrate on your state. It is people like you that do not want any good thing to come to Anambra. Now we have said no to your treachery. Now we are breaking through and developing from all fronts..

Do you also know that Orient petroleum will be drilling their aviation fuel from there, so it will need an airport to service both the people of the state and planes that will be landing there to purchase aviation fuel from within and outside the country!

As for the airport we have gone far into it because the site has been since acquired and FG license secured.

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger airport has come to stay!

Chinom: " While disclosing the intent of the State government to build a refinery and airport "
Asaba has an airport, Enugu has an international airport, what's the point of building another one at Anambra. Seems to me like a complete waste of funds.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Feraz(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Tonylyte:
Onitsha people are not igbos, they are strongly against people calling them igbos...they are 4m benin....
Which Benin? What are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by afrika(f): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
menh... just like in secondary schools. boys toast girls. in d university guys toast babes
in d office working, u see married man toasting and free-Styling wit a young married lady. wat then happens at the top. such a beautiful lady.... with such level n power... sexzy for the pot bellies
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2014
Isnt it funny how people want to associate with you when it seems you are doing well.......... The same onitsha people benin people once denied especially during the Biafran war
keep fooling yourself till thy kingdom come. undecided

Go and call the Azikiwes, Anyaokus, Enweonwus, Agbakobas, Achebes Benin and watch your head fall from your neck!

Tonylyte:

3 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by millionaireman: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2014
Development in Ogbunike cave and Agulu lake - Anambra state administrators as usual, meaning well for every part of Anambra state.

If it were in Imo state, these sites would have gone into oblivion so long as they are not in the state capital. Or in Imo state, money to develop tourism in the two sites could have been used by present Imo govt to build hotels or other eye-service projects in the state capital, Owerri.

Nollywood HQ needs to be brought back to the Southeast. People of southeast built the base of Nollywood at inception. At the beginning of Nollywood, people of southeast, including the poorer ones had to burn fuel to power generators to watch Nolywood films. Hollywood is not located in Washington DC.

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
sorry we want our own abi e dey pain you?
Do you know almost every northern state has an airport and you don't want us to develop our own home.
It is people like you who build mansions in lagos and abuja but live in mud house in your village or don't even know the road to your father's village.
efulefu undecided

Chinom: " While disclosing the intent of the State government to build a refinery and airport "

2 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Tonylyte(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
peppyluv02: Isnt it funny how people want to associate with you when it seems you are doing well.......... The same onitsha people benin people once denied especially during the Biafran war
keep fooling yourself till thy kingdom come. undecided

Go and call the Azikiwes,Anyaokus,Enweonwus,Achebes Benin and watch your head fall from your neck!

Cry me a river! U may be tinking am from hausa or yoruba tribe..i am a niger-deltan, i have been living here in anambra 4 good seven years, i dnt hate the igbos, i only smash the truth on your face when i ought to. D same thing i do to other nigerian ethnic groups..i have defended the igbos here on several occasions. Here in onitsha(enu-onitsha) the average onitsha man reffers to igbo people as ndi-igbo. It is a historical fact that most onitsha indigienes are aware of.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Tonylyte(m): 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2014
Feraz: Which Benin? What are you saying?
Edo state. I am telling you the truth.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 07, 2014
GBAM!!!!!!

chinology:

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger airport has come to stay!

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by HappyJoe: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2014
Work on 2nd Niger Bridge to start in 2015 (just as I suspected). What is happening is geo-technical work.

Ndigbo have been conned again. Read this:

Sambo added that Presidentm Goodluck Jonathan’s approval for the commencement of the work also covered the upgrade of the arteries and connections to the bridge.

He directed the Minister of Works to ascertain the actual areas that needed to be made dual carriageway.

The vice president pointed out that the completion of the bridge project would likely attract an increased flow of traffic.

To this end, he further directed that the designs must be presented for the future dualisation of the road.

He said that the work was scheduled to commence in 2015.

“The Federal Government is also planning to provide railways in all these areas to make for a more effective transportation system,” Sambo added.
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-approves-upgrade-of-second-niger-bridge/

Please no body should insult my lineage - those are the VP's words, not mine. Thank you.

Meanwhile the Loko/Oweto Bridge over Benue River will be finished next year.
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2014
bla bla bla you are the one who is crying an ocean because you are derailing with your malicious post!
They originated from there doesn't mean they now refer to themselves as one.
Besides if we all trace our history,we will find out we all originated from somewhere different. Many people have tried to prove that the Igbos are jews.
I don't care where you are from but do me the favor of going to call anyone from those great families in Onitsha i listed a benin man undecided
My onitsha friends and my in-law don't call themselves benin even Igwe Achebe is always crying out on the marginalization of the Igbos.
Don't think I've ever heard of him going to pay homage to the Oba which is something he is supposed to do if he is so proud to be from benin.

Tonylyte:
Cry me a river! U may be tinking am from hausa or yoruba tribe..i am a niger-deltan, i have been living here in anambra 4 good seven years, i dnt hate the igbos, i only smash the truth on your face when i ought to. D same thing i do to other nigerian ethnic groups..i have defended the igbos here on several occasions. Here in onitsha(enu-onitsha) the average onitsha man reffers to igbo people as ndi-igbo. It is a historical fact that most onitsha indigienes are aware of.

4 Likes

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2014
Thank you for the news you can now continue eating your starch tongue

HappyJoe: Work on 2nd Niger Bridge to start in 2015 (just as I suspected). What is happening is geo-technical work.

Ndigbo have been conned again. Read this:

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-approves-upgrade-of-second-niger-bridge/

Please no body should insult my lineage - those are the VP's words, not mine. Thank you.

Meanwhile the Loko/Oweto Bridge over Benue River will be finished next year.

1 Like

Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by freshdude99(m): 6:20pm On Aug 07, 2014
laffytaffy1: Why is that good looking woman wearing that ugly hat nah.
foolish statement from a disgusting fellow like you lipsrsealed
Re: FG Sites Green City Project In The City Of Onitsha by Tex42(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
just pray this sees the light of the day.so happy to be an Anambrarian!.Aku anyi elubago uno!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) / Mbaise Cultural Event In America Shut Down By Texas Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.