Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,414 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95399 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by habbi080(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2014
Medicine after death...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by chrisley024(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2014
Make una dey here dey fight, me na *salt biznes tins* grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dmcdad: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2014
quin9: Too many wrong spellings! Smh.....I don't still get why we have to make a joke outta every situation,people are dying and you think its funny? better drink your salt water well coz u might be d next to get infected(jus saying)

American are finding a cure, Nigerians are joking...

What do you expect from a country whose Educational system is at the lowest ebb?

@Op, it's not your fault that alot of Nigerians have become shallow minded and extremely fearful. People no longer apply logic to reasoning, and they panic at the slightest of info that gets across their path.

Little wonder the Bible says; my people perish for lack of knowledge. And some actually think to bombard their minds with all sort of things means to be highly knowledgeable. Sorry lads... Think again.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I swear if anyone insults me i will insult rubbbish comot for him body.
I even came quickly to appologize and some people want to be showing big head here.
Mtchw

No, you came quickly to claim to be a trend starter.

If you indeed are the person that started that rubbish, you deserve to be insulted.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by prodiG(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2014
My reaction

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Presdam: 10:12am On Aug 08, 2014
H̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ll☺ dear, its cool, ℓ̊​ dont know why nigerians are like this, how can they just believe warm water and salt culd cure dat deadly virus,is EBOLA headache or malaria ℓ̊​ never believed it coz ℓ̊​ knw its just a rumour , just ƒσя fun, ℓ̊​ love it girl, it fun, ℓ̊​ dont blame you atal, ℓ̊​ blame Nigerians ƒσя taking such thing serious, ℓ̊​ understand what U̶̲̥̅̊ were trying t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ do jare, dont mind dem, ℓ̊​ even have d pix with ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by elari(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2014
cirmuell: what an overwhelmingly disappointing heartbreak of a comment. dude you're foolish...in a sane country, she should be behind bars now. do you have any idea the level of panic she caused with her stupid joke? do you know how many people are allergic to too much salt but have to take it 'cause of fear of the unknown?. dumb mofo. angry

No!
U are d really dumb one for believing it.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by pamcode(m): 10:12am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: I swear if anyone insults me i will insult rubbbish comot for him body.
I even came quickly to appologize and some people want to be showing big head here.
Mtchw
will u shut up it lyk u dont no d consequences of wat u av done u could spend tym behind bars 4 dis if caught ur, sorry would nt stop millions of ignorant pple 4 bliving mtchew

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mfonjones: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
. can we see your roommates and pics of proof
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Monarchmindset(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2014
Y'all should stop panicking Nigeria is in a good position to control the virus and make sure it does not spread, only take preventive measures, like washing your hand with antiseptic, sodium hypochlorite and stuff like that.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by galadee(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2014
#Ebola

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 08, 2014
This girl is just a useless attention seeker though.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by horlabiyi(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2014
Lies

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bosun11(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2014
but seriously its actually stupid to crate a joke with a world global diesase that has affects human beings....am so sure if one of her loved ones was involved , she will never play such a prank.....................it was just too costly...u have to stomach all the insults.....................besides i though nafdac said they would..........................ermmm never mind.........

US refuses to help with a temporary solution........................NIGERIA creating jokes.................................what a country with bright youths

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tuffgongjo(m): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2014
shakol91: Too late I just finished drinking my own hot water with salt. Na my mama come give me for bed wen I still dey sleep. cheesy
don't tell me you too enter the one chance oooo
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by gebest: 10:16am On Aug 08, 2014
BROS NA WAO, APRIL FOOL ON AUGUST 8 ABI, WELL MAY GOD JUDGE U.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Dawinlove(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2014
#Please wen bathing with salt and water, add a litu Maggi and pepper 2 spice it up. Crayfish and onions....
den make Eba or semovita too.
But pls, don't add meat oo such DAT EBOLA concentration won't speed it up., like rate of chemical reaction in chemistry.

#Nigeria_Ebola_Virus_Day

Read More Updates:-
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by phunmie3107: 10:17am On Aug 08, 2014
you pple shd chill out for the chic jorh! It was a prank dat got way outta hand but it's not her fault that Nigerians love to panic without reason.

I've always wanted to do this, thumbs up babe!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by pamcode(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see
young gal u played a prank on d whole naija 140000000 pple

5 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by valkingsley(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2014
I came back early this morning from my friend's house where I slept over and went to buy recharge card only to be asked by the seller if I wanted to buy salt, I was shocked and asked the woman what made her think I came to buy salt and that's when I got the hottest info in town. She informed me that Ppl have been buying salt to add into the hot water for their bathe claiming that there's a new disease that can be avoided by bathing with salted warm water. I was greatly amused knowing that she was referring to ebola. I went home to meet a more serious scene with all my family members already through with there own salt water bathe and mine already ready. I tried my best to avoid bathing with the said live saving mixture of salt and water but my dad threatened to tell my uncle at Abuja whom he said called to tell them to bathe with the salted water latest by 6 am. Whoever formulated this rumor should bear in mind that rumours can be deadlier than this ebola. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by platz(m): 10:18am On Aug 08, 2014
am not surprise.....
u have only made me have a sleepless night

thanks for ur silly acts
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by smartoliver(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2014
But dis prank really went out of hand...well i never believed it cause there's too much salt in the body to add more to it....its all due to ignorance and the shabby security system in NIGERIA...EDUCATION IS REALLY POWER

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bosun11(m): 10:19am On Aug 08, 2014
phunmie3107: you pple shd chill out for the chic jorh! It was a prank dat got way outta hand but it's not her fault that Nigerians love to panic without reason.

I've always wanted to do this, thumbs up babe!

yes it was a joke but must nigerians always play such stupid pranks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is why we are always behind.....smh
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tutaboi(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!
Tapout: its too bad d level of security in dis country is very poor , do u know wat will become of u if u try dis in a security conscious country?? ?? ?? ?? ?,.....if not, i just don't know how u can spread such an expensive rumor and come out to confess.............wtf!!!!!!!!! do u know how many people u've kept indoors 2day??
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!...........BUT WHAT IF SALT + WATER WORKS DEFINITELY UR A HERO!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Tripleclick(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Dnt claim what u ddnt start,,just shut up and go and bath ur tongue with salt

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by xynerise: 10:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Smh.... Some Nigerians are just pathetic. Happy Salt water bath to those who took this seriously. My mama almost had a heart attack when I told her I am not bathing with any salt water...smh

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by onatisi(m): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Onions and hot chilly pepper mixed with petrol applied on the body every 2hrs can and will cure ebola . Confirmed info ,try it and thank me later
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by bosun11(m): 10:21am On Aug 08, 2014
valkingsley: I came back early this morning from my friend's house where I slept and went to buy recharge card only to be asked by the seller if I wanted to buy salt, I was shocked and asked the woman what made think I came to buy salt and that's when I got the hottest info in town. She informed that Ppl has been buying salt to put into the hit water for the bathe claiming that there's a new disease that can be avoided by bathing thing salted warm water. I was greatly amused knowing that she was referring to ebola. I went home to meet a more serious scene with all my family members already through with there own salt water bathe and mine already ready. I tried my best to avoid bathing with the said live saving mixture of salt and water but my dad threatened to tell my uncle at Abuja whom he said called to bathe with the salted water latest by 6 am. Whoever formulated this rumor should be bear in mind that rumours can be deadlier than this ebola. Thank you.

omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hilarious......................speechless
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Djicemob: 10:21am On Aug 08, 2014
tomiobj:

Wow. U av sense jare. @ least u av d courage to confess. Kudos!...........dnt let fools insult you. it was a joke that just spreaded massively nd jealous peeps keep on ranting
But don't kill yourself with guilt. No1 would believe it
Jealous of what exactly? A stup1d joke? SMH for some people's reasoning.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 08, 2014
xynerise: Smh.... Some Nigerians are just pathetic. Happy Salt water bath to those who took this seriously. My mama almost had a heart attack when I told her I am not bathing with any salt water...smh

Bros, u fit try sugar water with a lil bit of lime juice.. E dey work like magic... Trust me..
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by joshuaidibia(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2014
I bathed with salt water dis morning,as i was walking, they poured sliced onion on me,mama nkechi put cori for my head,mallam yusuf put pepper for my yansh,papa onome pour me oil.Abeg who get egusi grin grin grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by xynerise: 10:23am On Aug 08, 2014
olubukato:

Bros, u fit try sugar water with a lil bit of lime juice.. E dey work like magic... Trust me..
Did it work for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.