Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State (25165 Views)

ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s / Oil River State: Ijaw Youth Council And Akwa Ibom Youth Movement At Loggerheads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2014
ijawcitizen: It is nothing but insensitivity, jealousy and ingratitude. The Ijaw LGAs of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno have been feeding the state for decades now without benefiting up 1% of deserved development. Yet they still want the Ijaw people to remain in slavery as minorities to Ibibio people! This is the greed Niger deltans are yet to overcome. What is wrong with sticking to their God-given lands and allow Ijaws to do whatever they wish with our God-given lands and communities? This is unimaginable evil from our own Niger Delta brothers. Ijaws have been nothing but good brothers and even protectors to all Niger Deltans. The Ijaw nation is moving forward and there is nothing these ingrates who do not even represent the mindset of the average Akwa Ibomites can do about it
are you drunk?
for your info,there are no ijaws in akwa ibom

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by IGBOSON1: 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2014
careytommy:
are you drunk?
for your info,there are no ijaws in akwa ibom

^^^Bros, no forget say na Naija we dey.....the theatre of the absurd!

Naija is the only country where -in the name of oyel politics, and with the right 'incentives' and necessary 'support'- part of a state can wake up one morning and declare themselves to be Martians from outer space! wink

7 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Bros, no forget say na Naija we dey.....the theatre of the absurd!

Naija is the only country where -in the name of oyel politics, and with the right 'incentives' and necessary 'support'- part of a state can wake up one morning and declare themselves to be Martians from outer space! wink
yes, but that is a call only the people of ibeno & Eastern Obolo can make. Not an Ijaw expansionist front.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 12:06am On Aug 17, 2014
ibeno and obolos are not ijaws. but they have ijaws resident in those areas, as ijaws reside in all riverine areas in Nigeria. ijaws also reside an fish in all the coastal towns and villages in Akwa ibom like the oro nation all the way to the river bounded communities of uruan and itu.

By the way eastern obolo and ibeno are not the only oil producing communities in Akwa Ibom. others include Eket, Esit Eket,oron, mbo, udung uko, onna etc. While the upland ibibios and parts of annang( oruk anam and ukanafun) are sitting ontop of one the largest gas deposit in Nigeria.
Akwa ibom is one and will remain one.

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by fx45(m): 12:39am On Aug 17, 2014
barcanista: hahahah and Andoni is what? Man yu are ridiculous. Though its not something to fight about.

Oga, I served in Eastern Obollo. I spent one good year in that place and I never for one day heard any of them referring to themselves as Ijaw people. I find it quite absurd that people like you are here telling the world that Eastern Obollo is an Ijaw town...

I do not know much about their history so I won't argue about it. Just that I never heard them identify as Ijaw. One thing I'm certain is that they're Andoni people
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 1:12am On Aug 17, 2014
ijawcitizen: It is nothing but insensitivity, jealousy and ingratitude. The Ijaw LGAs of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno have been feeding the state for decades now without benefiting up 1% of deserved development. Yet they still want the Ijaw people to remain in slavery as minorities to Ibibio people! This is the greed Niger deltans are yet to overcome. What is wrong with sticking to their God-given lands and allow Ijaws to do whatever they wish with our God-given lands and communities? This is unimaginable evil from our own Niger Delta brothers. Ijaws have been nothing but good brothers and even protectors to all Niger Deltans. The Ijaw nation is moving forward and there is nothing these ingrates who do not even represent the mindset of the average Akwa Ibomites can do about it
slowpoke you dont know what you are talking about.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 1:13am On Aug 17, 2014

You are speaking out of ignorance, you dont know the mindset of Akwa Ibom people. Have you ever heard of the Itai State agitation? the proposed oil rivers state you are busy shouting about you dont even know the genesis of it.

The Oil rivers is not an Ijaws idea but is an idea propagated by our brothers the Efiks of calabar to get back at Akwa Ibom for the oilwells and to change their non Littorial state status.

The idea is to annex all the riverine areas of Akwa Ibom and join it to efik land in southern cross river state to form oil rivers state.
This is and inhouse fight between Akwa Ibom and cross river and has nothing to do with Ijaws, Except in your expansionist theory the Efiks have also somehow become Ijaws.

Its an in house fight and we already know who will win. Our brothers from across the river an Akwa Ibom have been trying to outfox one another right from time immemorial we will settle our family problem amicably and in a civilized manner as we always do.

And by the way Akwa Ibomites are not at war with Our Ijaw brothers we have lived together fished the same waters and shared the same discrimination as minorities as oppressed oil producing communities in the lopsided entity called Nigeria for eons.

Uninformed Kids like you need to learn some history before you spew trash on a public domain as you are doing at the moment, and i doubt if you are even an Ijaw because Ijaws Know their history. Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by BabaTony: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2014
I really don't get where this idea of ibeno and eastern and western obolo being ijaw came from. I have friends from opobo in rivers state and they bear names like "gogo" which means namesake, name sake in ibibio is "koko", their delicacies are more ibibio than any other ethnic group. Visit ibeno today and hear them speak, you will immediately know its an adulterated version of ibibio. I think all this crap started when jonathan became president, tha ijaws all of a sudden became the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria even when you meet more akwa ibom people on a daily basis in our everyday life than you meet ijaw people. Akwa ibom and cross river people know ourselves very well and we can always sort ourselves politically to everyone's satisfaction. , ibeno and obolo people have always been our cousins so we don't need any ijaw expansionist tendencies near our domain. They should go sort out themselves in bayelsa and maybe rivers state. There is no ijaw in akwa ibom.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Malawian(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Landlocked or waterlogged, anyone you like, as much as ships find a way down to PH wharf, i dnt care.

BTW, wich state do you hail?
pls i want to know, the area where the PH Wharf is located, is it Ikwerre owned or Okirika owned?
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by HopeAtHand: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2014
Malawian:
pls i want to know, the area where the PH Wharf is located, is it Ikwerre owned or Okirika owned?

Ikwerre all the way.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by MrT2011(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2014
onyeokwu: Ijaw with their expansionist and land grabbing tendency.. they should continue pushing till they got their hand burn

we are waiting and calculating to hit them at the appropriate time

we knew what they did in rivers... they cornered all the rich igboland we kept silence but now the went to far to do the same in ibibioland our best ally and they think we will keep quiet... this time they will loose everything and we will put them in their place and confine them only in bayelsa where they rightly belong

May God bless you.
May our forefathers continue to protect you.

The Hate Ijaw throws on Igbo "interests" are far underestimated.
They are insidious!

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 10:25am On Aug 17, 2014
I'm really very disappointed in the comments from akwa Ibomites here esp ujoinme & utoroetti, i'm yet to get the opinion of ocelot2006. I'm Particularly disappointed that fellow niger deltans would oppose the progressive venture ijaw people have decided to undertake within ourselves. Ibibio have their own oil wells within their lands, ijaws don't envy your possession, why all these unnecessary envy, hate and envy on ijaw people on account of natural environment and resources? The Ignorance on ur path that you never knew Eastern Obolo &Ibeno were ijaws and not related to ibibio is truely appailing, some igbos here (esp paz ienza) brought up this argument sometime ago and i personally put them to shame, thats why its least expected of my akwa ibomites. i just can't imagine atlwireles or urhobos opposing ijaws who want out of delta state. i've also not heard of rivers igbos and ogonis accusing ijaw of "stealing their access to the sea". when did ibibio people acquire this negative bad belle igbo mindset?
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2014
You see how these igbo ragworms flood this thread to fuel the fire here with their venom. this is exactly what they wish for niger delta unity and you're handling the weapon to the enemy of our unity. ijaws in akwa ibom joining their ijaw brothers in rivers state is not and should not be a bone of contention b/w ijaws and ibibios.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 11:28am On Aug 17, 2014
ijawcitizen: I'm really very disappointed in the comments from akwa Ibomites here esp ujoinme & utoroetti, i'm yet to get the opinion of ocelot2006. I'm Particularly disappointed that fellow niger deltans would oppose the progressive venture ijaw people have decided to undertake within ourselves. Ibibio have their own oil wells within their lands, ijaws don't envy your possession, why all these unnecessary envy, hate and envy on ijaw people on account of natural environment and resources? The Ignorance on ur path that you never knew Eastern Obolo &Ibeno were ijaws and not related to ibibio is truely appailing, some igbos here (esp paz ienza) brought up this argument sometime ago and i personally put them to shame, thats why its least expected of my akwa ibomites. i just can't imagine atlwireles or urhobos opposing ijaws who want out of delta state. i've also not heard of rivers igbos and ogonis accusing ijaw of "stealing their access to the sea". when did ibibio people acquire this negative bad belle igbo mindset?

You are ill informed go to your Ijaw elders and gain wisdom. You dont even understand the politics that going on but you are busy ranting.
because there are Ijaw settlers in Parts of Ibeno,eastern obolo, oron, mbo, itu etc areas of Akwa Ibom does not make those places or any part of Akwa Ibom Ijawland, Just like we have Ibibio and other Akwa Ibomites in Rivers, bayelsa etc It dosent make the places we have settled Ibibioland. everyone knows their homeland and boundaries but we all live in piece with one another.

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
ujoinme: ibeno and obolos are not ijaws. but they have ijaws resident in those areas, as ijaws reside in all riverine areas in Nigeria. ijaws also reside an fish in all the coastal towns and villages in Akwa ibom like the oro nation all the way to the river bounded communities of uruan and itu.

By the way eastern obolo and ibeno are not the only oil producing communities in Akwa Ibom. others include Eket, Esit Eket,oron, mbo, udung uko, onna etc. While the upland ibibios and parts of annang( oruk anam and ukanafun) are sitting ontop of one the largest gas deposit in Nigeria.
Akwa ibom is one and will remain one.
School them! Teach Them!! If them f up, cane them!, them no know say you be Akwa Ibom Boy!
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 1:30am On Aug 18, 2014
ujoinme:

You are ill informed go to your Ijaw elders and gain wisdom. You dont even understand the politics that going on but you are busy ranting.
because there are Ijaw settlers in Parts of Ibeno,eastern obolo, oron, mbo, itu etc areas of Akwa Ibom does not make those places or any part of Akwa Ibom Ijawland, Just like we have Ibibio and other Akwa Ibomites in Rivers, bayelsa etc It dosent make the places we have settled Ibibioland. everyone knows their homeland and boundaries but we all live in piece with one another.
We Ijaws are definitely not in a conflict with ibibios, you're just in conflict with yourself due to ur ignorance. i'd always respected you and admired ur comments but never knew you're such a chauvinist. i think you're the one who needs to see ur elders (me) for some education now read up
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 1:41am On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 1:54am On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 2:18am On Aug 18, 2014
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 6:03am On Aug 18, 2014
ijawcitizen: We Ijaws are definitely not in a conflict with ibibios, you're just in conflict with yourself due to ur ignorance. i'd always respected you and admired ur comments but never knew you're such a chauvinist. i think you're the one who needs to see ur elders (me) for some education now read up

I do not need the respect of some one with expansionist tendencies into any territory of what i regard as my Home state. You cannot be nursing an expansionist propaganda into our territory with veiled respect, that's insulting at best.
By the way you can keep your daydreams alive if that will make you happy.It will remain a daydream of people with fringe ideologies like yours. Akwa Ibom is one and will remain one state.

Pockets of Ijaw settlers/ indigenes in the riverine areas of Akwa Ibom including Eastern Obolo ,Ibeno Oronation etc does not make any of those LGA Ijawland the ijaws in those communities are just part of the potpourri of ethnic nationalities in those LG area. You would have known that if you had deep knowledge of that area,but instead you choose to restrict your knowledge to newspaper snippets and quotes from politicians jostling for power who would do or say anything to get power, thats why you need to speak to your elders to gain wisdom cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by BabaTony: 6:39am On Aug 18, 2014
Lol.....this our ijaw ppl are really funny. All of a sudden they have woken up to start calling every community in contact with the Atlantic ocean ijaw territory.....Laughable indeed, very soon we will hear ibibio ijaw and oron-ijaw. Where were you all this while when state creation was going on? When our ppl fought for COR state I didn't hear about ijaw territory. I will advise ijaw ppl to concentrate on developing their homeland-bayelsa and stop playing archaic politics of largest ethnic group with a number of state. Akwa ibom with all its ppl with dialectical differences -ibibio, annang, oron, ibeno, obolo, efik, etc are very fine and don't need hired external saviours to swell their numbers just for politics sake. Eastern obolo and ibeno have benefited immensely from their resources. Scambling for resources is not new it even happens with clans and villages of the same ethnic group-thats politics. Putting them with "so called ijaw brothers" will never solve their problems because the politics will continue right there.

4 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 7:34am On Aug 18, 2014
You lots are highly ignorant people who would never learn. You claim eastern Obolo and Ibeno are you Ibibio relatives and accuse us (Ijaws) of expansionist tendencies. I don't blame you lot a bit, its all because of the quietness and peaceful disposition of the Ijaws whom you've oppressed for so long and even started killing. I wish I could say more but be rest assured that Oil Rivers state will be created and the 2 Ijaw LGAs in Akwa ibom must be part of it. You better update ur knowledge of you so called Ibibio territory because these Ijaws are not ur properties nor ur slaves. Updating ur imperial anti-ibeno stance would help you from developing high BP when Oil Rivers is created. and the worst you guys could do is imitate shekau to terrorize Ibeno and Obolo ijaws, something you started doing since during the civil war and ofcourse nobody knew about it because Ijaws have not retaliated yet.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by kel4soft: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2014
pazienza: By the way, Ikwerreland is landlocked. Unless you lots now want to annex Eleme. *grins*

Igwurita and Aluu have one the highest oil wells in Rivers and they are in Ikwerre LGA. Emouha is the major producer of Total Fina Elf in Niger Delta, so whats your point. Rumukrusihi, Oguinigba and Rukopoko and producing in Obio Akpor. Only PHALGA I can't really say for sure.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by kel4soft: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2014
pazienza: By the way, Ikwerreland is landlocked. Unless you lots now want to annex Eleme. *grins*

Igwurita and Aluu have one of the highest oil wells in Rivers and they are in Ikwerre LGA. Emouha is the major producer of Total Fina Elf in Niger Delta, so whats your point? Rumukrusihi, Oguinigba and Rukopoko and producing in Obio Akpor. Only PHALGA I can't really say for sure.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by kel4soft: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2014
pazienza:

You are the nutcase here. That Ph city as of today is no longer 100% Ikwerre is a known fact.

Btw, it wasn't me who included southern PH as part of oil rivers state, it was your Ijaw overlords, if you have a problem with that, take your anger to the Ijaw, not Pazienza. *grins*

You have only 4 LGAs and you feel like you stand a chance against the might of a combined Ijaw groups, haha!

Ijaws really don't need to fight over Ph, once they leave with the offshore oil allocations of Rivers state and the oil companies forced to relocate to their new state, your Ph will decay from lack of poor funds for maintenance, i don't see the people from Orashi agreeing to any arrangement that would siphon the proceeds from their onshore oil wells to Ikwerre City, when they have their own city in Omoku to build, the Etches have Omuma to build, Ndoki and Asa have Oyigbo to build, Ogonis have Bori to develop. The wind of true federalism is about blowing, the era when proceeds from oil wells from other people's lands were used to build Ikwerreland, while you mufus go about talking trash is about coming to an end.

What goes around comes around,enjoy while it lasts. When they leave with their petrodollars,your lazy bottoms would surely care. *grins*

Igwurita and Aluu have one of the highest oil wells in Rivers and they are in Ikwerre LGA. Emouha is the major producer of Total Fina Elf in Niger Delta, so whats your point? Rumukrusihi, Oguinigba and Rukopoko and producing in Obio Akpor. Only PHALGA I can't really say for sure.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 8:28am On Aug 18, 2014
ijawcitizen: You lots are highly ignorant people who would never learn. You claim eastern Obolo and Ibeno are you Ibibio relatives and accuse us (Ijaws) of expansionist tendencies. I don't blame you lot a bit, its all because of the quietness and peaceful disposition of the Ijaws whom you've oppressed for so long and even started killing. I wish I could say more but be rest assured that Oil Rivers state will be created and the 2 Ijaw LGAs in Akwa ibom must be part of it. You better update ur knowledge of you so called Ibibio territory because these Ijaws are not ur properties nor ur slaves. Updating ur imperial anti-ibeno stance would help you from developing high BP when Oil Rivers is created. and the worst you guys could do is imitate shekau to terrorize Ibeno and Obolo ijaws, something you started doing since during the civil war and ofcourse nobody knew about it because Ijaws have not retaliated yet.

"Ok smart Ijaw citizen" we shall see. Oil rivers indeed! The era of arbitrary state creation where one man can by decree create states is long gone, Wake up its the 21st century and Nigeria is a democracy and the process of state creation is enshrined in our constitution.go channel your effort in the developement of the state you have at the moment for that all you are going to get.
Fools like you want to claim Akwa ibom state territory/ resources in the name of fake nationhood which is only exercised when it convenient or involves taking.

Since you are perambulating as a knowledgeable ijaw, My question to you is of all the Ijaws that benefited from the presidential Amnesty empowerment for ex militants program can you mention the so called ijaws of ibeno, eastern obolo or oron that benefited from the juicy contracts and overseas training?

Its only when you want a share of the petroleum resources in our territory that you remember that they are Ijaws in Akwa ibom but when it comes to sharing the booties they automatically become Akwa Ibom people. bloody Hypocrite.
When Akwa ibomites were fighting for the abrogation of the obnoxious onshore offshore oil dichotomy that shortchanged us for the longest time in the face of military /OBJ tyranny fools like you were snoozing, Now that the result has materialized fools like you are clamoring for a fake nationhood integration.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 18, 2014
I read and laugh at the comments of some dudes that think they have the exclusive right to decide for the people of Ibeno and co. The plaNned Oil Rivers state shouldn't cause this unnecessary bikering btw the Great Ijaw Nation and our Akwa Ibom neighbours. The proposed state is an exclusive btw the concerned communitiies and not an expansionist agenda. Well done Ijawcitizen and kel4soft....
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 9:08am On Aug 18, 2014
ijawcitizen: You lots are highly ignorant people who would never learn. You claim eastern Obolo and Ibeno are you Ibibio relatives and accuse us (Ijaws) of expansionist tendencies. I don't blame you lot a bit, its all because of the quietness and peaceful disposition of the Ijaws whom you've oppressed for so long and even started killing. I wish I could say more but be rest assured that Oil Rivers state will be created and the 2 Ijaw LGAs in Akwa ibom must be part of it. You better update ur knowledge of you so called Ibibio territory because these Ijaws are not ur properties nor ur slaves. Updating ur imperial anti-ibeno stance would help you from developing high BP when Oil Rivers is created. and the worst you guys could do is imitate shekau to terrorize Ibeno and Obolo ijaws, something you started doing since during the civil war and ofcourse nobody knew about it because Ijaws have not retaliated yet.

Ijawcitizen where are you from?
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by BabaTony: 10:05am On Aug 18, 2014
The last time i checked theses are the paramount rulers of the so called politically conceived ijaw people (eastern obolo and ibeno) in akwa ibom state that ijawcitizen is claiming:

HRM OWONG (DR) EFFIONG BASSEY ARCHIANGA (JP) - PARAMOUNT RULER OF IBENO

HRH UBONG (APOSTLE, .DR.) OWEN SYLVANUS UKAFIA - PARAMOUNT RULER OF EASTERN OBOLO.

I can see ibibio names allover, even the titles are ibibio - OBONG (OWONG AND UBONG), For the records once again, THERE ARE NO IJAW INDIGENOUS PEOPLE IN AKWA IBOM STATE maybe there are settlers just like any other ethnic group. Ijawcitizen leave Akwa Ibom alone, go and play your dirty ijaw politics in bayelsa and rivers state. Eastern Obolo and Ibeno people have been are always will be part of AKWA ABASI IBOM STATE. I WILL NEVER ALLOW YOU MISINFORM OTHER NIGERIANS ON THIS TRUTH. Its not about oil its about historical and family ties that have existed since time immemorial. If they(Eastern obolo and Ibeno) want a state of their own (which they never have) then we(all akwa ibomites) will discuss that and make it happen with the support of All Akwa Ibomites NOT some sinister plan by some greedy people in rivers state to annex part of akwa ibom under the guise of state creation.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nctrice(m): 10:56am On Aug 18, 2014
barcanista: I read and laugh at the comments of some dudes that think they have the exclusive right to decide for the people of Ibeno and co. The plaNned Oil Rivers state shouldn't cause this unnecessary bikering btw the Great Ijaw Nation and our Akwa Ibom neighbours. The proposed state is an exclusive btw the concerned communitiies and not an expansionist agenda. Well done Ijawcitizen and kel4soft....
No now! Barcanista this should not be coming from you, I always thought of you as an enlightened dude. I wrote that to say this! You should know that what you said is wrong because part of the process for a state to be created in Nigeria is that every state assembly must have at least a 2/3 majority adoption of such recommendation before the state would be created... Its not just a community thing! its a far more tedious and very complex process... Very far away from the mere existence of "self determination" which is a prerogative, that I agree! So what am saying is this, the "Oil River State" can not be achieved on the basis of mere Self Determination. I mean which state assembly would gift out 2/3 Majority to support such recommendation!
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2014

http://www.currentnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/New-Nigeria-Map-By-confab.jpg
here is the map of the new states i dont see any part of Akwa Ibom added to any new state i only see all the riverine areas of rivers state cut into a new state.
Of course they know that eastern obolo and ibeno is not ijawland but has pocket of ijaw settlers/indigenes. Akwa ibom coastal boarders were well demarcated by God. our boundary with both cross river and Rivers state are delienate by imo and cross rivers respectively You need to cross those rivers to get to any part of akwa ibom land. i rest my case with you.

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ijawcitizen(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ujoinme the ignorant man, you're too ignorant thats why I've not been responding to ur posts, not because you think you're winning this argument. Do you know that the people of Andoni LGA in Rivers state are of the same ethnic stock (Obolo-Ijaws) as the people of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno? Go find out or ask your elders and cure ur ignorance. I pray ur elders are not twice as ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Labour Leaders Risk 6-month Jail Term Over NLC Strike —FG / 2023 Presidency: Yahaya Bello Is Under Pressure To Run - Kingsley Fanwo / Army, Gunmen Clash In Abia Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.