Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State (25187 Views)

ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State From 1956 - 2016. / Photo Of Oil River Chiefs And Their Servants In The 1890s / Oil River State: Ijaw Youth Council And Akwa Ibom Youth Movement At Loggerheads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by naijaguy77: 9:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
ijawcitizen: Ujoinme the ignorant man, you're too ignorant thats why I've not been responding to ur posts, not because you think you're winning this argument. Do you know that the people of Andoni LGA in Rivers state are of the same ethnic stock (Obolo-Ijaws) as the people of Eastern Obolo & Ibeno? Go find out or ask your elders and cure ur ignorance. I pray ur elders are not twice as ignorant.

Nonsense. What does Obolo-Ijaw even mean? Eastern Obolo LGA is part of the old Ikot Abasi LGA, and they have a mixture of Ibibios and Andonis. The Andoni's are NOT Ijaw, unless you want to call every single tribe along the coast Ijaw. They do NOT speak Ijaw, they speak Andoni, they do not have Ijaw names, they do not eat ijaw food, so what makes them ijaw?

Yes they are related to the Andonis of Rivers State, but those ones too are not Ijaw, they are Andonis.

As for Ibeno, that is the biggest joke ever. Ibeno is fully a subset of the Efik-Ibibo tribe, their dialect sounds like a mixture of Ibibio and Oron, and most ibeno people speak ibibio even though they have their own dialect. Ibeno was part of Eket LGA before it was split and the full name of the LGA was Uquo Ibeno.

Map 1 - Akwa Ibom Stat Ethnic Groups. Ibibio (Green), Oro (Purple), Annang (Yellow), Ekit (Red), Ibeno (Brown), Andoni (orangie)
Map 2 - Akwa Ibom Oil Producing Areas. Oil Production Areas and Coastal Areas (Purple), Oil Production Catchment Areas (Yellow)
Map 3 - Akwa Ibom Federal Constituencies. These are also the 10 Original LGAs from the creation of Akwa Ibom State.
Map 4 - Akwa Ibom Senatorial Districts.

Please note, all these "ethnic groups" are really just for show, the truth is that in Akwa Ibom and Southern Cross River (Calabar, Odukpani, Akpabuyo, Bakassi, etc), all these "Ethnic groups" bear the same names (Okon, Edet, Ekpenyong, Asuquo, etc), eat the same food (Afang, Ikon, Edikang Ikong, Otong, etc), have the same masquerades (Ekpe, Ekpo, Ekong, etc), and ultimately speak the SAME LANGUAGE (Efik, Ibibio, Anang, Eket, Ibeno, Oro), these languages are all the same, they are just like different versions of Yoruba - Ondo yoruba is slightly different from Ife Yoruba, but they are intelligible, Or Anambra igbo is slightly different to Abia Igbo, but they are mutually intelligible. Efik and Ibibio are almost the same, in fact you can speak Efik while someone else speaks Ibibio and you just carry on your conversation, you both understand each other perfectly well because it really is the same language.

Oro is slightly different but really the languages are still one family language, an Oro person can understand efik perfectly, but Oro is just slightly off, making it more difficult for an efik speaker to understand it well. Same with Ibeno. the Late Chief of Ibeno was Chief Ndarake (Ndarake is Efik for "I am not celebrating"wink.

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
naijaguy77:

Nonsense. What does Obolo-Ijaw even mean? Eastern Obolo LGA is part of the old Ikot Abasi LGA, and they have a mixture of Ibibios and Andonis. The Andoni's are NOT Ijaw, unless you want to call every single tribe along the coast Ijaw. They do NOT speak Ijaw, they speak Andoni, they do not have Ijaw names, they do not eat ijaw food, so what makes them ijaw?

Yes they are related to the Andonis of Rivers State, but those ones too are not Ijaw, they are Andonis.

As for Ibeno, that is the biggest joke ever. Ibeno is fully a subset of the Efik-Ibibo tribe, their dialect sounds like a mixture of Ibibio and Oron, and most ibeno people speak ibibio even though they have their own dialect. Ibeno was part of Eket LGA before it was split and the full name of the LGA was Uquo Ibeno.

dont mind the ijaw expansionist in search of oil rich land to grab. When it was time to share the booty of the federal government Amnesty program I was in the delegation from Akwa ibom coastal communities made up of Ibeno, eastern Obolo oron and the rest. That went to delta, bayelsa and PH for meetings on the modalities for sharing in the amnesty. you should see the discrimination we faced back then. they bluntly told us that we couldnt get the amnesty benefits because we were not ijaws, and hence did not participate in the wars.

Now that they are looking for land rich with oilwells for territorial expansion Ibeno and obolos have conviniently become Ijaws.

7 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
ujoinme:
dont mind the ijaw expansionist in search of oil rich land to grab. When it was time to share the booty of the federal government Amnesty program I was in the delegation from Akwa ibom coastal communities made up of Ibeno, eastern Obolo oron and the rest. That went to delta, bayelsa and PH for meetings on the modalities for sharing in the amnesty. you should see the discrimination we faced back then. they bluntly told us that we couldnt get the amnesty benefits because we were not ijaws, and hence did not participate in the wars.

Now that they are looking for land rich with oilwells for territorial expansion Ibeno and obolos have conviniently become Ijaws.
I jaws were expanding westward into itsekiri land killing them at will until the itsekiris wised up and threatened chevron to get them two brandys which they now use in keeping I jaws at bay
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
onyeokwu: Ijaw with their expansionist and land grabbing tendency.. they should continue pushing till they got their hand burn

we are waiting and calculating to hit them at the appropriate time

we knew what they did in rivers... they cornered all the rich igboland we kept silence but now the went to far to do the same in ibibioland our best ally and they think we will keep quiet... this time they will loose everything and we will put them in their place and confine them only in bayelsa where they rightly belong
Rich igboland? In rivers state? Pls get ur facts right! And we IJAWS are waiting to see what fools like you will do. Cos igbos are smarter.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by atlwireles: 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Is the new map not out already?. This fight here is mute.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles: Is new map not out already?. This fight here is mute.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by atlwireles: 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
HopeAtHand:

HaHaHa...H8R.

100,000 barrels a day is meagre to you.

Well, till den.

Truth is, Ikwerres never worked hard to make PH what it is, we kinda found ourselves at the right place..That hurts you alot from the tone of your post, but it is what it is.

If Ikwerres make u angry in PH, you can leave PH or better do d needful, you can ask Oshiomhole what it is.

I love this reply, you gave him a dirty slap with this reply.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by atlwireles: 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
ujoinme:

Is the current map on premium times correct? If the map is correct, Akwaibom did not loose an inch of land. Case settled.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 11:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles:

Is the current map on premium times correct? If the map is correct, Akwaibom did not loose an inch of land. Case settled.
the map is an illustration. not drawn to scale. But we in Akwa Ibom are not sleeping on the issue. we are not interested in losing any inch of our state but we are not opposed to others creating their new states as long as it does not involve our state.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by atlwireles: 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
ujoinme: the map is an illustration. not drawn to scale. But we in Akwa Ibom are not sleeping on the issue. we are not interested in losing any inch of our state but we are not opposed to others creating their new states as long as it does not involve our state.

I agree with you, I don't think there's any reason to panic here.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 11:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles:

I agree with you, I don't think there's any reason to panic here.
No panic just vigilant. I can tell you Akwa ibmites are not taking this lightly as we speak consultation on the issue is going on widely.

Akwa Ibom people have no beef with our ijaw brothers we have lived together, fished together in peace for eons, we are not about to start fighting now.

But politics is all about interest we cant begrudge our ijaw brothers their interest of more states, but we are putting them on notice of our own interest and desires which is the maintenance of the territorial integrity of Akwa Ibom as is. they are welcome to pursue their state creation but should count Akwa Ibom state territory as is, out of their quest.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 12:23am On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

I love this reply, you gave him a dirty slap with this reply.

You are the ones receiving the dirty slaps.

When oil rivers state is created, we would find out,just how many slaps you lots would be receiving.*grins*
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by atlwireles: 12:37am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

You are the ones receiving the dirty slaps.

When oil rivers state is created, we would find out,just how many slaps you lots would be receiving.*grins*

You keep crying over other people's headache. Have you heard any complains from Rivers state people? What did you think were the lines of Portharcourt state, back when it was proposed? Potharcourt will thrive and grow, as the capital of Nigeria's oil industry and the commercial heart of the Nigerdelta/SS. There is nothing you can do to stop it. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 12:37am On Aug 21, 2014
kel4soft:

Igwurita and Aluu have one of the highest oil wells in Rivers and they are in Ikwerre LGA. Emouha is the major producer of Total Fina Elf in Niger Delta, so whats your point? Rumukrusihi, Oguinigba and Rukopoko and producing in Obio Akpor. Only PHALGA I can't really say for sure.

Firstly, the highest onshore oil producing wells in present Rivers state are located at the Orashi region and not in Ikwerreland.

Secondly, i never insinuated that Ikwerre has no oil wells, but Ikwerre oil wells when compared to that of Orashi region,pales. And when we factor in the fact that the new landlocked rivers state that Ikwerre would inherit with the creation of Oil rivers state would lose all the previous offshore oil allocation it once controlled, it becomes obvious that the new rivers state would only be a shadow of the present rivers state, financially and economically speaking.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 12:45am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

Firstly, the highest onshore oil producing wells in present Rivers state are located at the Orashi region and not in Ikwerreland.

Secondly, i never insinuated that Ikwerre has no oil wells, but Ikwerre oil wells when compared to that of Orashi region,pales. And when we factor in the fact that the new landlocked rivers state that Ikwerre would inherit with the creation of Oil rivers state would lose all the previous offshore oil allocation it once controlled, it becomes obvious that the new rivers state would only be a shadow of the present rivers state, financially and economically speaking.

why are you so sure that these states will be created? do you know the process involved in state creation?
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 12:47am On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

You keep crying over other problems headache. Have you heard any complains from Rivers state people? What did you think were the lines of Portharcourt state, back when it was proposed? Potharcourt will thrive and grow, as the capital of Nigeria's oil industry and the commercial heart of the Nigerdelta/SS. There is nothing you can do to stop it. grin grin grin grin grin

Keep consoling yourselves.

With the loss of the offshore wells, the new rivers state would have to depend solely on it's onshore oil wells to survive. I don't see the orashis sacrificing their huge oil wealth for the ikwerres to keep developing and running Ph,when they have Omoku to build, they would be stupid to do that.*grins*

Ph the oil hub of ND? Haha! You think say nah only you better thing dey sweet?
You think the Ibibios don't have big plans for Eket? *grins*

Nah only you waka come? In what land does the tail wag the dog?
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 12:52am On Aug 21, 2014
Atouke:

why are you so sure that these states will be created? do you know the process involved in state creation?

Exactly. No one is sure these states would be created.
All i am trying to do,is to show how the future would look like, if those states are created, using events of the past as guidlines.

I find it all,intriguing,and to an extent, funny. Why some people are tearing their pants over my projections,is what i don't understand.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 12:52am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

With the loss of the offshore wells, the new rivers state would have to depend solely on it's onshore oil wells to survive. I don't see the orashis sacrificing their huge oil wealth for the ikwerres to keep developing and running Ph,when they have Omoku to build, they would be stupid to do that.*grins*

I think the oil rivers state espercially is DOA. if they did not join Akwa Ibom land maybe it would have succeded. but Akwa ibom state chieftains are already saying no to the proposal.they dont want any Akwa Ibom land to be added to the proposed oil rivers.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 1:03am On Aug 21, 2014
Atouke:

I think the oil rivers state espercially is DOA. if they did not join Akwa Ibom land maybe it would have succeded. but Akwa ibom state chieftains are already saying no to the proposal.they dont want any Akwa Ibom land to be added to the proposed oil rivers.

I don't think the opinion of chiefs from other parts of Akwa ibom matters in this issue. The only people whose opinion matter are those of the people and chiefs of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo.

If the leaders and people of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo say yes to Oil rivers state, there is nothing the rest of Akwa ibom can do about that, and i suspect this was why they kept this oil rivers state a secret during the conference,as they didn't want the Akwa ibom delegates, majority of whom are not from Ibeno and Eastern Obolo to have a say in the matter.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 1:10am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

I don't think the opinion of chiefs from other parts of Akwa ibom matters in this issue. The only people whose opinion matter are those of the people and chiefs of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo.

If the leaders and people of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo say yes to Oil rivers state, there is nothing the rest of Akwa ibom can do about that, and i suspect this was why they kept this oil rivers state a secret during the conference,as they didn't what the Akwa ibom delegates majority of whom are not from Ibeno and Eastern Obolo to have a say in the matter.

okay let them keep on hiding their agenda. you know what its no more the military era where states were created by decree. we are in a democracy and the rules of engagement for state creation is well spelled out in the constitution.
Even the proposed states that have wide support will be difficult to create talk less of the one like oil rivers that is contentious.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 1:12am On Aug 21, 2014
I don't know how serious this state creation ish is, but for attah and co to be angry over it, it must be serious.

If i were in attah and the rest of Akwa ibom shoe, i would be meeting and lobbying the leaders of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo, to remember the bond of kinship between all Akwa ibom people and not to leave Akwa ibom. I would equally quicken the infrastructural development of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo,to win the people's heart, give them equity and a sense of belonging.

They have enough time on their hand to accomplish all that, so they should start already.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 1:14am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza: I don't know how serious this state creation ish is, but for attah and co to be angry over it, it must be serious.

If i were in attah and the rest of Akwa ibom shoe, i would be meeting and lobbying the leaders of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo, to remember the bond of kinship between all Akwa ibom people and not to leave Akwa ibom. I would equally quicken the infrastructural development of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo,to win the people's heart, give them equity and a sense of belonging.

They have enough time on their hand to accomplish all that, so they should start already.
well let them bring it on this will be fun to watch in the next 4 years. But i can assure you that the Ibibios will fight this to a stand still that you can be sure of thats their seaward boundary you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 1:21am On Aug 21, 2014
Atouke:

okay let them keep on hiding their agenda. you know what its no more the military era where states were created by decree. we are in a democracy and the rules of engagement for state creation is well spelled out in the constitution.
Even the proposed states that have wide support will be difficult to create talk less of the one like oil rivers that is contentious.

Bro, as an Igbo, i see Akwa ibomites as my natural ally. A united Akwa ibom front without identity crisis that occured in rivers state, would be of a better benefit to Ndiigbo, than a balkanized and Landlocked Akwa ibom.

That was why i took interest in this thread, i want Akwa ibom people to recognize this oil rivers state ish whether real or imagined as a great threat, and deal with it, using all means and tactics necessary.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by Atouke: 1:34am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

Bro, as an Igbo, i see Akwa ibomites as my natural ally. A united Akwa ibom front without identity crisis that occured in rivers state, would be of a better benefit to Ndiigbo, than a balkanized and Landlocked Akwa ibom.

That was why i took interest in this thread, i want Akwa ibom people to recognize this oil rivers state ish whether real or imagined as a great threat, and deal with it, using all means and tactics necessary.
Okay lets see what will happen this is politics. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by atlwireles: 2:19am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

You have to let it go, you will kill yourself with the hate consuming you. Eket, PH, Yenegoa Omoku, Warri etc nobi your problem. You are from another state allow that be your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by kel4soft: 5:37am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

Took so long to respond. I don't understand what you meant by will lose offshore oil wells.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by HopeAtHand: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

Exactly. No one is sure these states would be created.
All i am trying to do,is to show how the future would look like, if those states are created, using events of the past as guidlines.

I find it all,intriguing,and to an extent, funny. Why some people are tearing their pants over my projections,is what i don't understand.

Concern yourself with your problems Mr. Igboman and allow Rivers people to bother about ours.

This ITK attitude of the Igbos is one reason other Nigerians get easily fed up with you people.

Warri has been the oil city of Delta, Eket also for Akwa Ibom and that has not prevented PH from growing..Same flimsy talk came up when Bayelsa state was created from Rivers, with Yenagoa as its capital, yet Ph forged on.

Youre soundin as someone who is bitter, and fervently praying for doom to befall perceived enemies..Whatever your projections are, you are going to be totally disappointed.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 7:43am On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

You have to let it go, you will kill yourself with the hate consuming you. Eket, PH, Yenegoa Omoku, Warri etc nobi your problem. You are from another state allow that be your problem.

Nairaland is a forum, everyone is free to comment on any thread. If you want the things involving your group,to be discussed by the members of your group only, you might need to take the discussion to your village town hall.

The hate you talk about are existing in your schizophrenic mind only. Pazienza habour no hatred for any group whatsoever, neither do i see the events occurring in these areas as my problem, i am only intrigued by them. It is you and your co travellers who find my interest in these events as trouble,and are about tearing your pants for that. *grins*

2 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 7:55am On Aug 21, 2014
HopeAtHand:

Concern yourself with your problems Mr. Igboman and allow Rivers people to bother about ours.

This ITK attitude of the Igbos is one reason other Nigerians get easily fed up with you people.

Warri has been the oil city of Delta, Eket also for Akwa Ibom and that has not prevented PH from growing..Same flimsy talk came up when Bayelsa state was created from Rivers, with Yenagoa as its capital, yet Ph forged on.

Youre soundin as someone who is bitter, and fervently praying for doom to befall perceived enemies..Whatever your projections are, you are going to be totally disappointed.

You are the only one who see doom and you now have a case of misplaced anger, a childish aggression you now wish to direct towards Pazienza, the thread was cool, before you stepped in with your insecurities and panic attack fully activated. If this thread is too personal and emotional for you, the least you can do is to avoid it. *grins*

My projections are facts based,and in consonance with past history, any neutral observer can easily see that those projections are easily the path events would follow.

1 Like

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by ujoinme: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
pazienza:

If the leaders and people of Ibeno and Eastern Obolo say yes to Oil rivers state, there is nothing the rest of Akwa ibom can do about that, and i suspect this was why they kept this oil rivers state a secret during the conference,as they didn't want the Akwa ibom delegates, majority of whom are not from Ibeno and Eastern Obolo to have a say in the matter.

Oil Rivers State: Ibeno Leaders Writes National Conference

OPEN LETTER TO NATIONAL CONFERENCE LEADERSHIP AND MEMBERS.
PROPOSED OIL RIVERS STATE: COUNT IBENO OUT

The attention of the elected political office holders of Ibeno extraction has been drawn to newspaper and online publications on the alleged inclusion of Oil Rivers State as one of the States recommended for creation by the National Conference.

While we do not oppose the creation of an additional State, we vehemently reject any attempt at balkanization of the State with the aim of taking out Ibeno Local Government Area or any other Local Government Area for that matter out of the present geopolitical structure of Akwa Ibom State. This does not mean that we are opposing any people outside Akwa Ibom State from agitating for Oil Rivers State, but we state unequivocally that delineation of such a State MUST NOT INCLUDE any portion, village, community or square metre of Akwa Ibom State. We oppose it and for good reasons.

First, Ibeno Local Government Area in Akwa Ibom State, with the longest coastline in Nigeria is the primary and major reason Akwa Ibom State is the current largest oil producing State in Nigeria. That accounts for the huge revenue profile of the Federation and of the State from the Federation Account.

Secondly, although most people of Ibeno are not happy that there is no commensurate Federal and State development presence in the Local Government Area to justify its uniqueness and indispensability in the wealth and fortunes of Nigeria and Akwa Ibom State, we believe that is not enough reason to jeopardize, severe, balkanize or in any way the communality, brotherhood, ancestral antecedent and our common heritage in Akwa Ibom State. In Ibeno, a brother does not run away from the house because his other brothers have denied him of his right portion of fish in the bowl of soup.

Thirdly, this whole talk of State agitation can only be a miscalculated and wrong approach to crying out against marginalization.

Fourth, we believe the Federal and State Governments are sensitive to our plight and will not look the other way when there is a cry for development through a uniting, not dividing and arm-twisting approach of State creation.

Fifth, although, we no more have a Commissioner in the State Executive Council today, the Majority Leader of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Etteh, is from Ibeno LGA representing Esit Eket and Ibeno State Constituency. We have a Paramount Ruler who is highly respected in the comity of Royal Fathers, a Local Government Chairman and Vice Chairman, 10 elected Councilors and leaders of thought. We speak on behalf of the people that elected us that we were neither consulted nor our consent sought in this ill-fated project. We would have counseled against it because we have the ears of the grassroot electorates of Ibeno people.

Sixth, it was the Queen of England that declared Ibeno a Protectorate in 1882 when the King of Opobo levied war against Ibeno people in order to annex Ibeno as a part of her territory. The Command Paper is there for the record. Now that we are the elected representatives of Ibeno people, we will not shirk in our responbility to ensure that our communality with Akwa Ibom State is protected and preserved.

Seventh, any agitation for State creation should be a corporate decision of the people of the State.

We, the elected representatives of Ibeno people, therefore, urge the National Conference to expunge Ibeno Local Government Area from the proposed Oil Rivers State. Ibeno will engage in any open process of State Creation when all the people of Akwa Ibom State will agree to determine how the State should be further divided when the need so arises.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Long Live Akwa Ibom State
Long Live Ibeno Local Government Area.

SIGNED:

Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Ikpong Etteh
House Leader, Member representing Esit Eket/Ibeno State Constituency, Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly

Hon. Esther Michael Nnitor
Vice Chairman, Ibeno Local Government Council

Rt. Hon. Sunday Johnson
Leader, Ibeno Legislative Council (Councillor ward 4)

Rt. Hon. Charity Akpanowong
Deputy Leader, Ibeno Legislative Council (Councillor ward 9)

Hon. Mkpat Enyina
Councillor, ward 1

Hon. Ichulo O. Sunday
Councillor, ward 2

Hon. Kingsley Akwa-udo
Councillor ward 3

Hon. Emmanuel Anthony Mkpat
Councillor ward 5

Rt. Hon. Ikoabasi I. Uko
Councillor ward 6

Rt. Hon. Moses Itam Moses
Councillor ward 7

Hon. Douglas Noah
Councillor ward 8

Rt. Hon. George Udiaobong Ekah
Councillor ward 10

Join our Online Community by liking our Facebook page: Akwa Ibom Online
Follow us on Twitter @AkwaIbomOnline and add us on BBM 296D678C

Visit www.akwaibomonline.com

3 Likes

Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 11:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ujoinme. Thanks for that post.
Re: Creation Of "Oil River State" From Akwa-ibom And Rivers State by pazienza(m): 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
"In Ibeno,a brother does not run away from the house,because his other brothers have denied him of his right portion of fish in the bowl of soup".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen / Gunmen Hijack Chimola School Bus In Ondo, Kidnap Staff / Sen. Shehu Sani Lists The Main Causes Of The Major Protests Around The Globe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.