Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:55 PM

Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? (4573 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by temi4fash(m): 9:13am On Aug 20, 2014
I think the word delegate the op used iis what some pple are not comfortable with... Making it look autocratic. But in actual sense if he does not do it that way d first few years of marriage what wuld she b doing with her money. When the children has not arrived yet. Dicretion for me is a way to evade responsibilities. So if she decides not to use it what happens. As a family when the hubby and wifey get to pull resources together they get to their destination faster.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 9:23am On Aug 20, 2014
jaybee3:

Some people can't function well with unstructured planning.

Absolutely nothing wrong with delegating responsibilities when it's not like it's for selfish reasons.

I honestly don't understand why people complain about delegating responsibilities. It's an effective way of getting things done. It's really as simple as that. You empower someone to take ownership and in turn derive joy from delivering consistently and on time.

Now this delegation issue is not restricted to women alone cos I know some African men frown at such as well especially when it has to do with helping around the house.

Marriage is a team work and everyone has to pull their weight in a structured way in other to achieve desired results.
My own is they need to do the delegating TOGETHER. Huband:I buy foodstuffs and provision, you take care of the soup matters, wife:okay dear. you know i get upfront for housing allowance in my office, lemme take care of the rent while you take care of the medicals since your office has provision for that and it is deducted from your salary monthly etc something like that. Sound better to me than the man just delegating here and there.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by kingviny: 9:28am On Aug 20, 2014
aisha2: The poster is the one who used the word "delegate" ohhhhHhhhhhh. I am not sure he called her and said I delegate soup matters to you. If she had said lets discuss it more or let me cover some other area then I would agree its about the word delegation but it seemed more like a discussion where she has vehemently refused to contribute

So on point. He spoke kindly to her o when he brought the issue up. He has never been the autocratic type, instead he wants to carry her along, he wants to make her significant in the running of their home. He did not use the word DELEGATE . But even if he had, that shouldnt be an issue for an humble soul?
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 9:44am On Aug 20, 2014
kingviny:

So on point. He spoke kindly to her o when he brought the issue up. He has never been the autocratic type, instead he wants to carry her along, he wants to make her significant in the running of their home. He did not use the word DELEGATE . But even if he had, that shouldnt be an issue for an humble soul?
were you there with them at that particular time? grin You seem to know so much about what transpired in the meeting...
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by ElFenomeno1: 9:58am On Aug 20, 2014
cutiemoi:

What you mentioned above is something every girlfriend or wife will do, the difference here is, you didn't call your ex or wife at a point and told them "because you work, I am assigning this role to you" rather you knew you have to provide for your family and having seen your efforts in caring for the family they can't afford to close their eyes if something to be done. In the case of the OP, they are not even married yet and he has started delegating roles.

So are you for delegating or not?! Tehee
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Amhappy(f): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2014
Pls tell you friend to also share bills for children school fees. His wife pay for 2,he pay for the other 2. Make his wife pay nepa bills,security,waste disposal,fuel while he pays house rent etc. Make him buy fruits and the wife vegetables.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
Amhappy: Pls tell you friend to also share bills for children school fees. His wife pay for 2,he pay for the other 2. Make his wife pay nepa bills,security,waste disposal,fuel while he pays house rent etc. Make him buy fruits and the wife vegetables.
I don't know why, but is funny to me. So let me laff cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by madan(f): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by madan(f): 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 11:09am On Aug 20, 2014
madan: the Op is the person in question, he wants the lady to handle owo obe I.E handle the soup and stew they will be eating when married. Isnt this funny? After the lady has assisted him in fixing up the home, she bought some of the things in the home and still wants to do more not minding hw little she is earning. this lady isnt a demanding type, cos she has never asked what the Op cannot provide, she has bn so understanding and loving inspite the financial status of this guy, she stayed with him. When he brought up this soup issue, the lady told him nt to worry cos she would manage and balance whatever they have. If it comes to the point to add, she would definitely add up to make it okay. bt he insisted she must be in charge of soup and stew cos that comes up frequently. Is this right? The woman should be in charge of Owo Obe cos hw wants to buy foodstuff in the home. I rest my case.
Do you know the OP or are you the lady in question?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by madan(f): 11:11am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by madan(f): 11:16am On Aug 20, 2014
?
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by madan(f): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by crackhaus: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2014
Hmmmm... I hate it when things like this happen on a thread...so all of a sudden the woman involved has popped up to report her own side of the story undecided

Na film una dey act here abi? soup matters ko, kpomo things ni... angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2014
This is getting interesting. #Spreading mat as quickly as possible#
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2014
madan: the Op is the person in question, he wants the lady to handle owo obe I.E handle the soup and stew they will be eating when married. Isnt this funny? After the lady has assisted him in fixing up the home, she bought some of the things in the home and still wants to do more not minding hw little she is earning. this lady isnt a demanding type, cos she has never asked what the Op cannot provide, she has bn so understanding and loving inspite the financial status of this guy, she stayed with him. When he brought up this soup issue, the lady told him nt to worry cos she would manage and balance whatever they have. If it comes to the point to add, she would definitely add up to make it okay. bt he insisted she must be in charge of soup and stew cos that comes up frequently. Is this right? The woman should be in charge of Owo Obe cos hw wants to buy foodstuff in the home. I rest my case.

It is simply for better planning not with bad motives. When he knows what he should focus on and you do too it makes the home easier to run. Communication is key, some people want to take it as it comes some want it on pen and paper, I am a pen and paper person, makes life easier and more coordinated, I guess your fiance is too. It is better to resolve such issues before they become bigger problems.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2014
madan: she bought is handling some of the things to furnish the home already

Its a communication gap, she wants to do what she feels she can when she feels she can, he wants something more specific so he is not left guessing. For example if she says I will handle kitchen furniture and beddings, he knows that is off his list and he can focus on other things but if he makes plans for beddings and buys beddings and madam also gets it wont go well.
So since you are ready to add to what he gives why not agree on a fixed amount you will contribute?
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sophyrocks: This is getting interesting. #Spreading mat as quickly as possible#
Joining you this time around. grin grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
madan: why not say the truth. Just like you delegated the major things in furnishing the home and she assisted
madan: she bought is handling some of the things to furnish the home already
What is really going on here? Are you saying he also delegated the major furnishing of the house to her? I thought OP said it is only ''soup things'' that was delegated to the woman......

What is even the basis for all the delegation? Is it according to the woman's income or just the discretion of the man?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by egopersonified(f): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Madan and kingviny, I suggest you both get on the same page, most couples have the same financial issues, dont let this be a barrier to your r/ship. Like aisha said, u both need to communicate and probably kingviny wants to know exactly what u can take care of so he can focus on the others. Madan, pls privately analize your salary and determine what you can put on the table every month without fail. Let k.viny know the amount, then you both can decide to wrap it around some expenses so he can focus on the others. I would advice u both stop posting any replies and just read people's comments before this thread becomes the devourer of your r/ship.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: Joining you this time around. grin grin

grin grin grin

Biko feel free.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
egopersonified: Madan and kingviny, I suggest you both get on the same page, most couples have the same financial issues, dont let this be a barrier to your r/ship. Like aisha said, u both need to communicate and probably kingviny wants to know exactly what u can take care of so he can focus on the others. Madan, pls privately analize your salary and determine what you can put on the table every month without fail. Let k.viny know the amount, then you both can decide to wrap it around some expenses so he can focus on the others. I would advice u both stop posting any replies and just read people's comments before this thread becomes the devourer of your r/ship.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
This una relationship get other issues sha. Communication or lack of it a huge one:

https://www.nairaland.com/1813792/marry-person
lease friends, I am at a crossroad. I need your advice. There's this man I met. He is 36yrs. He is a good man. Since I've been with him, he's never given me a doubt abt his character. He is respectful, homely and responsible. He's nt rich bt I believe he'll make it in life. He was a catholic, bt he later dropped dat and now believes strongly in the grail message. I don't knw anything about grail, bt with d little I heard, I believe its nt something like a cult. Now my problem is this. He agreed he ws going to allow me go to church, cos I am a christian, a strong one. He also promised to stop attending the grail movement n go to church with me. So, I took him to see my parent. We have plans to be married this year. And jst today, he told me he has been going to worship at grailland and he jst didnt tell me. Dat he wants to be attending their services and I can be attending church. Pls, right now, everyone is looking up to the day of d wedding cos I already informed some people abt the wedding, bt I am now afraid dix difference in belief can be a problem in marriage. Pls, is it advisable for a christian to go ahead to marry a grail adherent considering the personality of this man, can I go ahead with him?? No insults pls, ur sincere comment. Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
aisha2: This una relationship get other issues sha. Communication or lack of it a huge one:
i actually went to check her profile after her last post and saw that. Too many issues i tell you. That is if they are REAL anyway.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
kingv:

Is it fair for modern ladies to want to be traditional when it comes to family finance and Kardasian when it comes to romantic treatment?
This is the same question i have been asking since and no one has been able to answer. In this modern age when men and women compete equally in all spheres of life, i think it is grossly unreasonable for a woman to still think of a man as the 'natural provider' like a lady here put it. I know some ladies reading this post would qualify me as 'uncaring' for daring to ask this crucial question which most modern Nigerian men have on their lips but are too shy to ask. But i don't give a damn! I'm just a realist who likes saying it as it is.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by 5minsmadness: 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Seriously?
You two are arguing over SOUP and STEW?

SOUP AND STEW??

madam are you seriously saying you would rather chose soup and stew ingredients over your man?

[size=15pt]Soup and stew??[/size]

My God!
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by 5minsmadness: 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Wait, I'm sure there's more to it:

Kingviny, you must have caught madan sleeping with someone right?

Or was it madan that caught you?

Or wait, one of you is SS or both of you are AS and this is an excuse to argue?
Or maybe kingviny doesn't ever help madan with money?
Or madan you haven't been helping kingviny at all, always wanting to be the one to be receiving?
Or one of you has HIV??
Or kingviny beats madan?
Or madan's tongue drives kingviny to near suicide?

These are worthy obstacles to a good relationship.

[size=18pt]
But SOUP and STEW[/size]
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by kingviny: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
donpeey22: This is the same question i have been asking since and no one has been able to answer. In this modern age when men and women compete equally in all spheres of life, i think it is grossly unreasonable for a woman to still think of a man as the 'natural provider' like a lady here put it. I know some ladies reading this post would qualify me as 'uncaring' for daring to ask this crucial question which most modern Nigerian men have on their lips but are too shy to ask. But i don't give a damn! I'm just a realist who likes saying it as it is.

ONLY THE TRUTH CAN SET ONE FREE BROTHER ! SAY IT PLEASE .

How can a man plan based on discretionary support? well, Aisha has said it all. A word is enough . . .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
kingviny:

ONLY THE TRUTH CAN SET ONE FREE BROTHER ! SAY IT PLEASE .

How can a man plan based on discretionary support? well, Aisha has said it all. A word is enough . . .

No use Aisha settle fight ohhhhhhhhhh, you guys need to talk seriously, Aisha is not supporting anybody oh, from madams post there is clearly a communication gap, WORK ON IT

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by kingviny: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
aisha2:

It is simply for better planning not with bad motives. When he knows what he should focus on and you do too it makes the home easier to run. Communication is key, some people want to take it as it comes some want it on pen and paper, I am a pen and paper person, makes life easier and more coordinated, I guess your fiance is too. It is better to resolve such issues before they become bigger problems.

EXACTLY OOOO!
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by kingviny: 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
aisha2:

No use Aisha settle fight ohhhhhhhhhh, you guys need to talk seriously, Aisha is not supporting anybody oh, from madams post there is clearly a communication gap, WORK ON IT

Your content and not your person is what is in sync with my views. Thanks all the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is It With Women And Cake Of Manhood (pictures) / Husband Loaning Money To Sister In Law / What To Do About Brother In Law? Reflective Answere Only Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.