Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (60917 Views)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh Dies From Ebola Virus / Nigerian Female Doctor Dies Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by darlingtonNYIG(m): 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
blueto: what a pity. She was discharged 2 days ago, when the nigerian health officials said she had recovered. But, she is now dead angry .

You see Nigeria?
so you cannot read abi? The minister categorically stated it wasn't her that was discharged. What you assume was an false news that exhumed from nowhere.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
I remember writing on her discharge thread that I needed to hear her address the press since it was quite amazing that a woman we were told was gravely sick 2 days prior had made a quick recovery to the point of going home 2 days afterwards.
This is unforgivable
The minister of Health Dr Onyebuchi Chukwu needs to step down immediately
Him and Labaran Maku
They lack credibility

They have made blatantly false statements and it should be unacceptable
They are not fit to hold the posts they currently hold
An epidemic of this fashion demands that one be absolutely sure before opening their mouths.

My heart goes out to her family and other families

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by sharperino(m): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
R.I.P Doctor
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Toks2008(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
This is why AMERICA WILL BE HATED by many countries.

A timely release of zmapp or whatever the name is would have saved this innocent lady.

This same trial drugs was used for three Americans but to send it to Nigeria,they gave crazy excuses.

I feel like using some unethical words on Obama but let me juat keep mum.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by bouquie1(f): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
Oh how sad. RIP
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by sinola(m): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Henrypraise: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
ozo13: hmmm.she was also striking cos she is also part of nma .she was jus doing her professional work in her private hospital when she contracted d virus.all this TAKE EXAMPLE u r talking abt no work my broda.am sure if she knew d sawyer guy got d virus she will not risk it.its jus unfortunate she didn't know wat she was handling. May God help us all.winks.to me o at dis particular point in time in d country u cannot risk ya life for anything cos d govt is not ready to take responsibility. Dey r jus stealing our money and u want we mecunus to go n die for noting knowing well d govt will not even compensate ya family.jus unfortunate. Sad

Very gud, u av made sum point here, dis is how intelligent pple argue, not bein insultive.

I get it dat she joined d strike n all dat, n she was workin @ her private hospital,, now sum great events/ invention were brought abt by mistakes, my suggest is dat d govt n media can fine tune everytin/ any story n sell to d public, despite d fact dat Robin Williams killed himsef, it didn't stop cnn from tryin to portray d man in gud image. We need d govt n d media to turn nigerians into patriots n human activist.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by juju2008(f): 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
RIP Doc. You offered your life so that we may Live.

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by sinola(m): 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Doctor Ameyo Adadevoh, a senior consultant, who was the first Nigerian infected with Ebola virus having treated Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American who brought Ebola into the country, at First Consultant Hospital just passed on.
Mummy,may your soul rest in peace and in the bossom our Lord.
You died trying to save life of a devilish man from Liberia.
We loved you but God love you most!

5 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by sinola(m): 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Doctor Ameyo Adadevoh, a senior consultant, who was the first Nigerian infected with Ebola virus having treated Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American who brought Ebola into the country, at First Consultant Hospital just passed on.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
I read that she is the grand daughter of Sir Herbert Macaulay

3 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
What a great loss, may her soul RIP!.......Sawyer has succeeded in bringing death, pain and anxiety to Nigerians. Whatever may have been his evil plans would never see the light of the day.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by cyunited(f): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
Missleading informatn every where,today boko haram leader is dead tomorrow hé is alive,today 160 chibok girls have been rescued tomorrow,thé y are still with their captors.last week it was bath with and drink salt water,which lead to thé untimely de ath of sôme people.2days ago it was d doctor has been discharged,today she is dead.God sauve US from false information in Nigeria,even as u will sauve US from ebola.Amen.Meanwhile if she was really discharged thé people she went to meet at home should Also be quarantained.Rip doctor
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by phantom(m): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
WE ARE SAD THAT YOU'VE PASSED ON,BUT WE ARE EVEN MORE SAD THAT YOU DIED IN VAIN! sad sad
YOU DIED FOR A COUNTRY NOT WORTH A DROP OF YOUR BLOOD........... R.I.P MADAM

4 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Will the soul of Patrick Sawyer rest in peace?.
There is no way that soul can rest in peace after his flesh caused so much pain

2 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
Henrypraise:

Okoro, wen eva u regain sanity, make u read wetin u write.

So if d primary reason of a Doctor is not to save lives, tell me wats dia primary objective? To kill or to strike or own private hospitals n rip hell outer pple?

I see dat d unpatriotism/ inhumanity has eaten deep into ur marrows, I hope u neva get an elective position, u soon gonna tell me dat politicians ar not suppose to lead n guide, de ar to make money any country dat needs a politician to guide, shud watever.......

There is no unpatriotism anywhere. Even soldiers get paid moreless professionals. Thank God it wasn't medicine someone like me studied though I know I have the brain for it. When I open my hospital you will see if I will attend to you without paying your money completely. I resemble NGO to you or Doctors without borders? Thank God I'm am engineer. Just thank God.Even with that, if you don't pay my money complete I will make sure the house collapses on your head. CRETIN.

PS: Politicians get elected which is different from doctors. Are you the one that paid their school fees in medical school?

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by F117A: 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
ebdib: Team Nano Silver. You have all been deceived. Some people with sense and not just mere sentiments saw it coming
The same nigeria that said they've rescued the girls. Today the girls are still missing

Don't be blinded by American hatred and rescue yourselves from its shackles.

Africans should rescue Africa. And that starts with looking inwards and not whom to blame all the time
You must be a moronn,you miserable sadist.
Where did you see any Nigerian govt official recommending nano silver.?
You are busy hunting for bad news so as to validate your american overloads.
May God punish you.
Anyday,you set foot in Nigeria is the day you die,you mad fucck.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by nero1990: 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
Henrypraise: Now des ar d kind of pple dat deserve national awards, not politicians.

Lemme use dis medium to also challenge all dos hungry men/ murderers parading demsefs as medical doctors, embarkin on strikes, to take example from dis Dr, life isn't always abt money n dats were Nigerians have scores it wrong, everybody is fightin for dia pocket/ money, no body is even fighting for glory talkless of fighting for humanity.

D fed govt shud tap into dis tragedy n encourage nigerians to be patriotic.

Tank u.

this man you must be so heartless and do not have conscience in you.even after this doctor sacrifice her life in saving her fellow human being,you still can write up such things that confirms your hatred for doctors.I am disappointed in you.

7 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
soonpoint:

U come here and spew rubbish. U talk of patrotism in ds failed state. What did ur govt do when 37 health workers died from lassa fever outbreak in d north? Nothing. Even in isreal, doctors went on strike for 5 months. If u must b a critic n a reasonable and sensible one. Your govt is so reckless and insesitive, even the international consultants are threatening to walk away due to its lack of priority concernig ebola. This country isn't woth dying for
dude...isreal doctors went on partial strike all through those months. you might want to google the meaning of partial strike in healthcare. Don't bring your strike reasons on this thread.

This country is not worth dying for yet we have gallant soldiers facing boko haram up north. If not for these patriotic men, would you even have time to practice your medicine Now you are here being unpatriotic to the same country that trained you to become a doctor almost if not free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by abu12: 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
darlingtonNYIG: so you cannot read abi? The minister categorically stated it wasn't her that was discharged. What you assume was an false news that exhumed from nowhere.

Which doctor was discharge then?
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Natasha2(f): 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
OMG, may her soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by ozo13(m): 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rapsainot: RIP IS NOT THE END, IF YOU DIE FOR NIGERIA, YOUR OBITUARY WILL MAKE FP ON NAIRALAND....
may God save us oooooo.torr
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by annjoke1: 11:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
karidad: How many doctors attended to this said Patrick Sawyer of a devil? Is it because he is a foreigner? because I bet an ordinary Nigerian ll nt receive dis kinda treatment frm our medical practitioners. RIP to d decreased.
NASO OUR PEOPLE IF NA INDEGEN DEY NO GO CARE UP TO THESE
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by phreakabit(m): 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
deeobserver209: May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Eneze1(f): 11:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Rip to you ma. May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by onila(f): 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
cry cry cry cry
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
short of ideas...just don't know what to make from this...

am proud of this Nigeriansmiley just so unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by kobonaire(m): 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Patrick Sawyer is indirectly responsible for all these deaths.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Elythron16zero4: 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
12inches1:
I'm sure you're a stark illiterate. It is not by compulsion a doctor must save lives. A doctor didn't come to earth with the sole responsibility of treating you. You pay and get treated or your government pays to subsidize what you pay. You can't force anybody to treat you. They didn't inflict you with the illness or hit you with a vehicle so how are they murderers?
well spoken but if a doctor cannot be forced to do what he/she is legitimately paid to do, why should the same doctor force the government to better their lots. methinks they should just resign and leave the job and allow others who need the job to come in instead of embarking on a strike. Now the FG has used sledge hammer on the residents doctors across its facilities and you are all crying wolf. God save us.

1 Like

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by upchair(m): 11:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Patrick Sawyer murdered my 1st cousin tonight. Ameyo, I am speechless. After the last few weeks of prayers and holding on to hope that you will pull through, you did not come out of your unconscious state. You were so nice, easy going, simple and humble and you played the big sister as the eldest of all the 1st cousins on mummy's side. I will not forget the role you played at my wedding where you stood in as my mum (representing my late mum). That you were named Stella in memory of my mum was not surprising cause you were similar in nature. You (as the lead consultant) and your team prevented generations of Nigerians from contracting the Ebola virus by insisting Patrick Sawyer did not live the hospital. It shows you died so that other Nigerians may live. What could be more Christ like than this? It goes without saying that by default you are a national hero. God knows best why he allowed you to go (1) at this time and (2) in this horrible way cause I am speechless , lost for words. AMEYO rest in perfect peace till we meet to part no more and may God grant your mum and siblings the grace to carry on especially mummy.

20 Likes

Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by myhero4eva: 12:00am On Aug 20, 2014
Oh my gudness! There was really a country... 2moro nw they will tell us dat d infected nurse who escaped to Enugu was nt discharged and is dead. Dr may God grant u eternal rest n mercy on d judgement day. Amen
Re: Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus by Enoquin(f): 12:01am On Aug 20, 2014
passionate88: Rest in Peace... This Ebola virus makes me to remember a novel I once read by Stephen King titled "The Stand" where a similar virus wiped out 70% of the world populations.. Sometimes I'm scared while another time I just wave it away..

You read the book! I can never forget the first sentence, 'It all started with a rat' nor the first few chapters. More than 10 years ago and yet...

RIP madam. May your family find succour.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / A Mad Man Attempts Withdrawing At An ATM (photo) / Are You Skinny & You Wanna Gain Weight? This Article Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.