Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,374 members, 7,822,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions (102136 Views)

Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In / Droid VPN: Your Questions / All Ur Blackberry Problems Solved Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
saibinc:
Brand and model of the phone?
Tecno p5
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
abdulwizzy:

Boot into recovery and wipe data and cache..
wiped phone. still the same
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Please I have a problem with my android phone..

When I plug it, to charge it.

The battery icon shows that its charging. But the battery doesn't charge. It doesnt leave that percentage.

And if I'm using it while charging. It decreases.

Its just like its not charging.

But it can acts as USB storage I.e. transfer of files between my phone and a laptop. But it doesn't charge the battery.

Please, what can be the cause?

Tag: saibinc, StealthyMe
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by MVLOX(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
saibinc:
Is the phone AT&T? Was the hotspot working before?
yes its at and t. And the hotspot was nt working wen i bought dem. Dey re london used phones
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by donwise1(m): 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
saibinc:
Use framaroot.apk or baiduroot.apk
my Broda how do u understand that Chinese write up in baidu root? how do u root with it?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Raymondson(m): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
saibinc:
You have to answer questions before an accurate solution can be provided.

1- Which brand is the phone?
2- Which model?
3- Which android ROM and Version is on it (Custom or Stock ROM)

Just answer these questions. I shall be able to solve your problem.
@ saibinc thanks, my phone is tecno n3, gingerbread 2.3.5. I think the ROM is kernal 2.6.38.6-perf
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by brightnelly(f): 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
bollyjane: JST got my s9.wat does it mean to root

rooting means gaining full administrative control over ur device!! but it will void ur warranty!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by StealthyMe(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Tag: saibinc, StealthyMe

Problem seems not to be from the port ; have you tried using another battery or another USB Cord?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by StealthyMe(m): 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
mondee02:
Nop, it doesn't. The only problem is that when ever i off or reboot the phone and on it and it starts booting it will just freez until i remove the battery and put it back, thats it.

I don't really get you
The phone boots into the home screen or not?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by abialic(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
Please nairalanders, can an Android Phone be partitioned two times? ..as in can it be re-partitioned?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

Problem seems not to be from the port ; have you tried using another battery or another USB Cord?

Yeah.. The same prob.

Seems its a on-board problem.

Don't know what to do.

Could have returned it to factory, but I've already changed the charging port which spoils the warranty

Is there anything else I can do?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by kurlz(f): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=saibinc]
The app memory of the phone is getting low. You can either format the phone or uninstall some unwanted apps on the phone.

Also, you can set your SD Card as the default install location on the phone by following these guides: http://www.arykblog.com/2014/03/set-sd-card-default-install-location-android.html.
Thanks alot you are a darling.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by kurlz(f): 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=saibinc]
The app memory of the phone is getting low. You can either format the phone or uninstall some unwanted apps on the phone.

Also, you can set your SD Card as the default install location on the phone by following these guides: http://www.arykblog.com/2014/03/set-sd-card-default-install-location-android.html.

Thanks alot you are a darling.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by mondee02(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

I don't really get you
The phone boots into the home screen or not?
Ok each time i off and on the phone and it finish booting it will just freeze until i remove the battery and put it back, you know its tecno p5
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by StealthyMe(m): 6:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Yeah.. The same prob.

Seems its a on-board problem.

Don't know what to do.

Could have returned it to factory, but I've already changed the charging port which spoils the warranty

Is there anything else I can do?

Since u've changed the port,cord & battery and still experiencing the same problem,i'd rather u visit an Engineer
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by StealthyMe(m): 7:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
mondee02:
Ok each time i off and on the phone and it finish booting it will just freeze until i remove the battery and put it back, you know its tecno p5

Are you Custom ROM'ed?

You tried booting into RecoveryMode & FactoryResetting ?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

Since u've changed the port,cord & battery and still experiencing the same problem,i'd rather u visit an Engineer

Okay.. Thanks..

But over here. There's no one knowledgeable about it

Do u have a possible diagnosis.??
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by sEGXY2(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
saibinc:
The phone is breaked. Try to boot the phone to recovery and perform a factory reset from there maybe it will work otherwise, try this: http://www.arykblog.com/2014/03/how-to-factory-reset-android-device.html
The adb driver didn't list ma phone cos I didn't activate USB debugging n when I tried to boot it to recovery it simply displayed no command.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by StealthyMe(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Okay.. Thanks..

But over here. There's no one knowledgeable about it

Do u have a possible diagnosis.??

Well,since u're so sure its not the battery,port & cord,i can't decipher the problem..

I cnt say if the charging port of BlackBerry is similar to that of Android in the sense that in a blackberry,one can connect to a pc & phone'll still not charge due to the various pins in the port. Diffrnt pins for diffrnt purposes so one pin could av been damaged.

If saibinc could also help proffer a solution to this....or you mighy try paying Carlcare a visit.

1 Like

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by SenatorJames(m): 9:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
saibinc: When it comes to discussion about android devices, I think everybody knows what android devices are, but not everybody knows what to do when certain issues arise from the use of this android devices.

Just in case you have any software related problems with your android device, you may post it here and hopefully find a solution to it.

I will try my best to managing this thread daily. However, if you feel like you need a quicker response, you may visit this web log: www.arykblog.com for quicker responses.

What is A Software Problem In Android?

Because android is an open source platform and gives room for more personalizations. In the course of this, some android devices are being messed up and thereby results in malfunctions of all kinds.

To put simply, software problems of android devices are any problems that causes the android device to malfunction as a result of corrupt partitions or volume on the phone, virus, malwares, or even softwares.

Examples of Software Problem of Android Devices:

1- Boot loop -when android device hangs booting up.
2- Excessive Heat -when an android device heats up too much (this can also be caused by the hardware problem).
3- Continual Reboots -when an android device keeps booting on and off continuously.
4- Service Fluctuation -when an android device GSM/GPRS service is not stable.
5- Unending Loading -when an android device never stops loading when you put on the phone.

All these listed above and many more are the examples of software related problems of android devices. Post your questions below and check back for solutions!
You are doing a great job. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by mondee02(m): 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

Are you Custom ROM'ed?

You tried booting into RecoveryMode & FactoryResetting ?
No sir
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by makazona(m): 10:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
why is it that my Infinix Buzz (4.0 ice cream sandwich) atimes clicks itself n does nt allow me click a tin instead wil b operating the device agnst my instruction?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
StealthyMe:

Well,since u're so sure its not the battery,port & cord,i can't decipher the problem..

I cnt say if the charging port of BlackBerry is similar to that of Android in the sense that in a blackberry,one can connect to a pc & phone'll still not charge due to the various pins in the port. Diffrnt pins for diffrnt purposes so one pin could av been damaged.

If saibinc could also help proffer a solution to this....or you mighy try paying Carlcare a visit.

Thanks bro. I appreciate this..

1 Like

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by sanmitee(m): 2:17am On Aug 29, 2014
saibinc:
Attach a snapshot of your phone's hboot screen. I should be able to help you on it.

Here.. Waiting, thanks boss.

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 4:33am On Aug 29, 2014
sanmitee:

Here.. Waiting, thanks boss.
I'll try to make flashable .zip file for you. But it may take me like two days and I'm sure it will work.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 4:44am On Aug 29, 2014
StealthyMe:

@ LogoDWhiz:
It's a simple issue if you already have custom recovery like ClockWorkMod, TWRP or 4EXT recovery. Simply boot to recovery, wipe cache, delvic cache and finally; wipe battery stat.

Reboot your phone and enjoy.

The kernel could also be the cause of this. If the above didn't work, tell me the brand and make of the phone, I shall provide you with a better kernel.

2 Likes

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 4:47am On Aug 29, 2014
makazona: why is it that my Infinix Buzz (4.0 ice cream sandwich) atimes clicks itself n does nt allow me click a tin instead wil b operating the device agnst my instruction?
The phone's touchpad is malfunctioning.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 4:50am On Aug 29, 2014
sEGXY2: The adb driver didn't list ma phone cos I didn't activate USB debugging n when I tried to boot it to recovery it simply displayed no command.
If you are around Lagos, I can help you with it. (For a token amount o).
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by tekel(m): 4:54am On Aug 29, 2014
pls I can't connect 2 3g on my
l3,only d up arrow blinks d down
1 doesn't.. I could only use edge..
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 4:58am On Aug 29, 2014
abialic: Please nairalanders, can an Android Phone be partitioned two times? ..as in can it be re-partitioned?
You have to consider the size and quota of the memory you're partitioning.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (41) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom Pad II G9 review-and-price. / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.