Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,942 members, 7,832,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (871281 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:22am On Oct 27, 2014
sirRiddy:
I might put in applications for the school too, a masters program in computer science. What program are you interested in? I would like to reach you. Could you mail me using the address on my signature?Thanks.
Applied statistics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2014
But what if the standardize test is being waive for the applicant by the school and he/she decided to do it to avoid VOs wahala..maybe unfortunately he/she gt a low score but with the waiver letter from the school...hope the person won't av an issue with d VO?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 27, 2014
Spring or fall? I would like to know how the application process would be like because I am not applying until late 2015. Please keep me posted and wish you luck! wink
innovativeame:

Applied statistics
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:50am On Oct 27, 2014
sirRiddy:
Spring or fall? I would like to know how the application process would be like because I am not applying until late 2015. Please keep me posted and wish you luck! wink
Both Semester. I'll surely keep u posted on the proceedings. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 27, 2014
Obviously, our people are afraid of taking standardized tests and they claim they speak English? While the Asians who barely use English in their homes do very well and are well-motivated.

I am somewhat exasperated by the fact that some folks do not encourage hard work and later they complain that the Asians are more united in their approach.

Do not take the standardized tests if you wish because nobody is forcing you to do so, but if you're denied based on this, then blame yourself.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 27, 2014
There was once a time on this thread when students were hardworking. Willing to take all standardized tests to prove themselves worthy of a solid education.
Now with the crop of applicants I'm seeing here, I'm scandalized.

They don't want to take standardized tests, hunting for waiver letter up and down
Even simple toefl is a problem.
I'm amazed really.

You can't expect to get a solid education and think you can run away from standardized tests. Anyone doing that is only fooling himself because he/she will spend money on crappy universities and when it comes to the crunch ie after school hustle, as warri people will say 'e go clear for your eye'

Serious students, study for the gre, there have been many tips here. If you don't do well at first, retry and do better

Unless you want to get to America and start doing drugs or some illicit business you're going to compete with qualified Chinese students, Indians, Colombians, Mexicans and even Americans themselves for few placements. If you want to be competitive you need to prove it.

Running away from tests won't solve your problems.

A word is enough for those that have ears.
Oya bye bye.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 27, 2014
Ctemi:

God favor is what matter most, we have see people on this thread that no single document was ask for by the VO, you can't say cos someone is deny cos of low score mean that another person will be deny best thing is to hand over to God. My 50cent
chai
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2014
stevecrun:
The best is do everything accordingly..and not only hope on God.Heaven will help those,who definately help themselves.
Yes I agree with u,am not saying the person should leave his/her part of the job undone&depend on God, but we should not always depend on our own understanding/document only.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 10:33am On Oct 27, 2014
sabiguy:

We all know its God's favor, but that shouldn't be an excuse for not preparing ourselves to the best of our ability.
Agreed but nobody wish to fail but if such happen&no extra cash to re-enrol for the exam the last hope is to turn to God.
God will fulfil HIS plan in everybody life&take us to our land of fulfilment IJN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2014
ridimic1:

Purdue uni
Valparaiso uni
but r expensive
Pls can u help with schools dat offer financial aid to internationals students for MS in pharmacy courses? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2014
slimmy05:
Irrespective of the circumstance, its still in your best interest to ace the exam brilliantly.
thanks, how do I push my app term to either summer or fall to be able to make amends
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 10:37am On Oct 27, 2014
ridimic1:

Purdue uni
Valparaiso uni
but r expensive
Pls can u help with schools dat offer financial aid to internationals students for MS in pharmacy courses in US? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bdbodmas: 11:01am On Oct 27, 2014
As regards GRE score, I will like to ask if VO's confirm the score online themselves and what are the likely questions they ask inorder to know if you actually write the exam. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2014
bdbodmas:
As regards GRE score, I will like to ask [s]if VO's confirm the score online themselves[/s] and [s]what are the likely questions they ask inorder to know if you actually write the exam.[/s] Thank you
THEY HAVE THEIR WAY OF CONFIRMING
THEY WILL SIMPLY ASK FOR TEST
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olusola009: 12:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
sabiguy:

U gat pm kiindly reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bosses greetings, I plan on sending my stuffs within the week, and i would love to know if its necessary to send WAEC scratch cards along with my documents or i should just make a photocopy of my original WAEC result and send?
NB- The schools didn't. request for scratch cards, but i am wondering if its an unwritten rule?

Also, I want to know if black and white photocopies of some of my documents would be frowned upon?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ctemi:

God favor is what matter most, we have see people on this thread that no single document was ask for by the VO, you can't say cos someone is deny cos of low score mean that another person will be deny best thing is to hand over to God. My 50cent
Yes ooo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
olusola009:

U gat pm kiindly reply

I just did
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
MrRoYCe:

As soon as possible....And pls can my Aunt in UK help me pay it thru Western Union......I dey even reason to first pay Visa Application fee cos of interview date o
Sure she can,.
Man that's same thing I'm doing oh, paying the visa fee first
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
Theflint1:
Bosses greetings, I plan on sending my stuffs within the week, and i would love to know if its necessary to send WAEC scratch cards along with my documents or i should just make a photocopy of my WAEC result and send along?
NB- The schools didn't. request for scratch cards, but i am wondering if its an unwritten rule?

Also, I want to know if black and white photocopies of some of my documents would be frowned upon?

It is advisable to send the scratch card along. And a photocopy of original waec result if possible. Otherwise just send a copy of waec result and scratch card along. That would do

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello Gurus in the house, My SAT exam is November 8, Can I tender my online result at the embassy because my school waives SAT but I want to write the exam to be on safer side. Is it possible to get my result on Nov 25th according to the online release date ?.
My visa interview comes up on 26th November.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
codedove:
Hello Gurus in the house, My SAT exam is November 8, Can I tender my online result at the embassy because my school waives SAT but I want to write the exam to be on safer side. Is it possible to get my result on Nov 25th according to the online release date ?.
My visa interview comes up on 26th November.

You will know the exact date when the online score will be available few days after your exam... I'll advice once you have an idea of that.. You should use that to fix your appointment date, you can go with the printout.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ctemi:

haba! So tey we go start to dey collect offering for here. My Lady Evang, this room no be sunday school na.
See another sermon below:
Ctemi:
@Profojah, why not hand over to God instead of unnecessary panicking, one thing I belief God with gre or no gre God will grant you favour to the extent that the vo will not ask you for any document protocol can be broken on your behalf. Relax, be focus&declare good thing concerning the interview. It shall be well with&you will come back and give testimony.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
Bravo to you forumites, pls I want to ask a question oo....... Is there any other way to enta yankee except this study stuff cus all this money wey u guy dey mention here my parle no gt am
Pls I need answer to this
I wan go there to hustle ni sha oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
bayocanny:
Bravo to you forumites, pls I want to ask a question oo....... Is there any other way to enta yankee except this study stuff cus all this money wey u guy dey mention here my parle no gt am

This is a student visa thread bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
bayocanny:
lol... No be only you wan hustle for yankee. I sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
charzyh2:

haba! So tey we go start to dey collect offering for here. My Lady Evang, this room no be sunday school na.
See another sermon below:
Mr, will you kindly stop quoting me, I will really appreciate it if you can mind ur business&ur tongue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ctemi:

Mr, will you kindly stop quoting me, I will really appreciate it if you can mind ur business&ur tongue.
Ctemi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
charzyh2:

lol... No be only you wan hustle for yankee. I sent you a pm.

Okay I go check it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 5:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
sabiguy:

This is a student visa thread bro.
I know now, are u saying I can't get any info on this thread ni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
bayocanny:

I know now, are u saying I can't get any info on this thread ni

Regarding you wanting to go and hustle. I don't know. Maybe someone else would respond to u later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
MrRoYCe:

As soon as possible....And pls can my Aunt in UK help me pay it thru Western Union......I dey even reason to first pay Visa Application fee cos of interview date o
mcroyce, sorry i replied your email late. kindly check your email

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.