Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,037 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867070 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
bayocanny:
@walspring I saw ur PM gonna reply u later cus I'm having problem with my phone

@charzyh, did u got my mail yesterday?

okay sir... Hoping to see your reply..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
has anyone seen their SAT result?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
Theflint1:
has anyone seen their SAT result?

Lol... I guess it should be on their website by now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
stevecrun:
One million LIKES

VGBG
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Pls how much is the minimum amount that should be in my Dads account for my undergraduate studies programme before going for my interview .
A friend of mine was denied visa for misspelt name sometimes last year . Can he use a fake WAEC document .? And do they use any electronic device to confirm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
codedove:
Pls how much is the minimum amount that should be in my Dads account for my undergraduate studies programme before going for my interview .
A friend of mine was denied visa for misspelt name sometimes last year . Can he use a fake WAEC document .? And do they use any electronic device to confirm.

Your dad should have over the amount stated on your I-20, the inflow and the outflow of money should be voluminous though. DONT USE FAKE DOCUMENTS, they have nigerians there in the consulate and they can check if its authenticity if its fake or not, be CAREFUL of fake documents you might not get lucky, and if you get caught you might get a permanent ban from going into the US or ever procuring a visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
codedove:

Nope he cant, let him go to waec office and correct his name or anything wrongly spelt..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
codedove:
A friend of mine was denied visa for misspelt name sometimes last year . Can he use a fake WAEC document ? And do they use any electronic device to confirm.

Yes he can, you don't need anybody here to discourage/encourage you to commit crime, just get on with it.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bestplanb: 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
femiap:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.

I LOVE THIS IT MOTIVATES ME .GOD BLESS YOU BRO.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
To those of u having ur interview tomorrow, I say before diz time tomorrow u will be celebrated. Just be bold it's ur turn to celebrate. God of Host will fight for u. Take charge...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by codedove: 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for the details and the advice . I just asked him to check nairaland & check peoples comment .
I pray that we would all have good news to discuss about our VISA this year IJN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
Walspring:

Lol... I guess it should be on their website by now..
still never see am o! ...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Chukwumahike: 10:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
bestplanb:

I LOVE THIS IT MOTIVATES ME .GOD BLESS YOU BRO.
m inspired
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks bro. Ready and raring to go.

PedigreeCity:
To those of u having ur interview tomorrow, I say before diz time tomorrow u will be celebrated. Just be bold it's ur turn to celebrate. God of Host will fight for u. Take charge...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by michaelweezy: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
House please I need advice on this 2 issues?

1. I am unable to retrieve my DS 160 as my application ID gives me an error signal, may be because I didn't conclude and submit the application as I stopped at the review stage. Therefore I can not print out the form. I have called the US embassy help desk and was told to fill out another one despite the fact that this application ID was used for the appointment interview sent to my email.

2. I used my current passport number which will expire in Jan 2015... I know this is way less than the 6 month validity rule for US visa, again I called the help desk and was told to bring along a new passport along with my old passport(current) to my interview.

Please house I need advice on what to do? do I go ahead to fill out a new form online and bring a new passport as advised?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Theflint1:
still never see am o! ...lol

well you can check now cos 2 people already checked their own and told me that they have see it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
michaelweezy:
House please I need advice on this 2 issues?

1. I am unable to retrieve my DS 160 as my application ID gives me an error signal, may be because I didn't conclude and submit the application as I stopped at the review stage. Therefore I can not print out the form. I have called the US embassy help desk and was told to fill out another one despite the fact that this application ID was used for the appointment interview sent to my email.

2. I used my current passport number which will expire in Jan 2015... I know this is way less than the 6 month validity rule for US visa, again I called the help desk and was told to bring along a new passport along with my old passport(current) to my interview.

Please house I need advice on what to do? do I go ahead to fill out a new form online and bring a new passport as advised?

1, try and retrieve it again maybe tomorrow morning and if you can't then you fill another one as they suggest but if i may ask you since when have you be filling the ds160 because if you leave it for 30days and you didn't continue you can get it again cos it will wipe off by itself.

2, go and apply for a new passport and you can get it in a day or two days at either Alausa Lagos or Ikoyi lagos but i can give you details of Alausa if you stay close to ikeja.. When going for interview go along with the old and new passport and before that you can send them feedback to change your old passport number to the new passport number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
PedigreeCity:

Amen... Amen.... Amen...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kokegbe(m): 11:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
Walspring:

since we most that answered you are into business and we want commission... I think you wait for another people to tell you or give you a truthful and clear answer that will be differ from what you are being told here.

Another bitter truth is for you to Google it or you read from part 1 to 6 of this thread..

If you want another truthful and clear answer maybe you contact Seun.
dont take the stuff personal. It's not compulsory that i take ur advise. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kokegbe(m): 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

For prospective students in Nigeria you have 2 main options -

1) paying by yourself by either going to EcoBank, Seme Border Benin Republic to pay there.Either way you pay a few thosands above the flat rate of $200 or N34,000.

2) having someone abroad help you pay either via Western Union or via Money order, both means of which are accepted. I could help you pay if interested. You'll first have to download the I-901 Sevis Fee payment form here: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/I-901.pdf fill out(either electronically using the latest version of Adobe Reader or you print out and hand-fill) and email to me.

By the way, I'm not an agent neither am I into the business.
Brother thanks a million, that's just all I wanted to hear that made me ask the qiestion, I believe my friend in Italy should be able to pay for me. Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
justwise:

Yes he can, you don't need anybody here to discourage/encourage you to commit crime, just get on with it.
cheesy grin heheheheheehe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:03am On Oct 29, 2014
bayocanny:

Don't use me laff nah, instead of u laffing at my comment y can't u provide answer to a brotherhood of yours
your question is unanswerable cheesy grin , you saidyou dont haveschool fee but you want to hustle in america, well i really dont know what to say but seriously i wont advise you to come here without cash because its realy hard at this end lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:10am On Oct 29, 2014
coobboy:

Hi zee,
How's it going around there?
Was student's personal funds written on your troy's I-20?
Cos that's what's written on mine!
yes it was student fund,i was bothered at first but its nothing, but you can try talk to stephanie appleby about it and print out the email conversation. goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 12:18am On Oct 29, 2014
sabiguy:

I dont mean to sound obfuscating, but won't the VO frown at his GPA? I'm just curious

sabiguy:

Really

GPA is the work of admission committee in each school.

Each school has minimum GPA requirement, if it's 2.2/4 and you met it and get admitted, no VO can hold that against you.

VO's work is to grant or reject visa based on individual case but not to screen each GPA.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 1:01am On Oct 29, 2014
sabiguy:

Probably because he studied geology and the work experience is about teaching, sanitation and transportation history. How does that relate to the course studied. He might look more like a hustler to the VO. Just my 2cents

There is more meaning to what he said than what you think. Question about work experience can be exploited at an interview. Also, job experience has slight impart on student interview outcome.

And since you asked,

Now see his case:

amanze15:
unilorin geology 2.72gpa (lecturers)

He studied geology (BS)

amanze15:

worked on the pebble morphogenesis of the basal abeokuta group telling its transportional history

And researched on formation of pebbles which can also be found in water. However, his research study can be useful in oil and gas field.

amanze15:

S & T, worked as an intern @ Kogi state rural water suply and sanitation agency and i taught a second school for a year

He gained hands on experience by working with the Kogi State govt. The way he sells himself with the job description is what matters.

amanze15:
petroleum geology/engineering for a masters at missouri.

The bold statement is the key word here. He wants to study petroleum geology/engineering (MS). Does that sound familiar?..... Yes/No

If yes, then every other agreement under work experience is invalid. If he can piece all this together, he would stand a better chance during his interview.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 1:19am On Oct 29, 2014
richard4ssky:
Hello I was told by admission office that due to the ebola out brake that they have stop issuing I20 form to African, so do any body on this trend have this same experience and also is it true that 1st bank and ecobank can make service payment.

Joke of the century abi? grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 1:31am On Oct 29, 2014
sabiguy:

I am yet to write mine, but most of my friends we used to study together (tho they already wrote theirs) confirmed it. Since then I have focused on magoosh. Both of them scored above 160 in both Q and V.

All the best bro
Thanks bro, scoring above 160 especially in verbal isn't easy, pls send me links to magoosh materials u may av. Or send dem to pharmengy@yahoo.com. When do u intend to write urs? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 29, 2014
zeezahbee:
your question is unanswerable cheesy grin , you saidyou dont haveschool fee but you want to hustle in america, well i really dont know what to say but seriously i wont advise you to come here without cash because its realy hard at this end lipsrsealed
His question is unanswerable? Haha, Zee, you're very bad cheesy Your response to his question was very funny cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 6:04am On Oct 29, 2014
imperiouxx:

There is more meaning to what he said than what you think. Question about work experience can be exploited at an interview. Also, job experience has slight impart on student interview outcome.

And since you asked,

Now see his case:

He studied geology (BS)

And researched on formation of pebbles which can also be found in water. However, his research study can be useful in oil and gas field.

He gained hands on experience by working with the Kogi State govt. The way he sells himself with the job description is what matters.

The bold statement is the key word here. He wants to study petroleum geology/engineering (MS). Does that sound familiar?..... Yes/No

If yes, then every other agreement under work experience is invalid. If he can piece all this together, he would stand a better chance during his interview.
thanks y'all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ZionSpecie(m): 6:26am On Oct 29, 2014
bigfrancis21:

For prospective students in Nigeria you have 2 main options -

1) paying by yourself by either going to EcoBank, Seme Border Benin Republic to pay there.Either way you pay a few thosands above the flat rate of $200 or N34,000.

2) having someone abroad help you pay either via Western Union or via Money order, both means of which are accepted. I could help you pay if interested. You'll first have to download the I-901 Sevis Fee payment form here: http://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/I-901.pdf fill out(either electronically using the latest version of Adobe Reader or you print out and hand-fill) and email to me.

By the way, I'm not an agent neither am I into the business.
sent u a pm as regards this bro. it's very urgent.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 6:50am On Oct 29, 2014
zeezahbee:
yes it was student fund,i was bothered at first but its nothing, but you can try talk to stephanie appleby about it and print out the email conversation. goodluck
Sure thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.