Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868353 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
winbyforce and snazzygirl how you guys doing, hope all is well. . . Peace
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2014
imperiouxx:
It's good to be home on nairaland again after a week of bombardment of tasks.

What sup guys?

Slimmy05, Walspring etc and other new members, hope you guys are doing great?

Visa celebration is never delightful without your success transcript posted here!

Wax strong my brothers!
Thanks brotherly. Keeping faith and working well. I didn't get back as my uncle decided to process it for me since he has pay pal account.

How's everything? Good to have you back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
jakeharris:

whats d name of the school?
william patterson university
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
slimmy05:
Thanks brotherly. Keeping faith and working well. I didn't get back as my uncle decided to process it for me since he has pay pal account.

How's everything? Good to have you back.

Oh, that's better. All that matters is getting it done and fast.

I've been good and busy....lols
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please what are the required document at the POE at the US airport. What are the likely questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 10:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
osahons9:

2.7 on a 5.0 or 2.7 on a 4.0? Answer this before you proceed further.

its on a 5.0
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
meekpie:

I'm a bit curious about the bolded. How is having a return ticket a very fast way to get sent back? Can you be so kind as to elaborate further on that?
Huge lie. Don't bother yourself jare. I had a return ticket, and the officer at the POE didn't even bat an eyelid. My friend is in Naija right now and she came in with a return ticket, which she eventually flew back with. Nobody complained.

Most people buy return tickets because it's economical on the long run. Not for any other thing. One way or return, the POE officer doesn't send. Afterall, you're holding an F-1 visa, you can come and go as you want.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
sirRiddy:
Oga impe, abeg I need your sound judgement here.
I plan on applying to Florida Intl Uni, masters computer sc. And I know you have history with the school. I think I read something about you having applied there or so.
Is there any first hand info I can get from you about the school? Anything would be appreciated, sir.

Yea, I applied to the school in 2011 and got rejected angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
jenns:
Please what are the required document at the POE at the US airport. What are the likely questions.
Not much questions. Why you're here in America? Where you're headed to? Which school you're headed to? And in my case the officer asked if I was really the age that was quoted on my passport and if I was truly coming for a graduate course. Lol

You'll need your passport and I-20 there.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
JabinodelaRatta:
@bold...lolz, no oo boss. I just went into hibernation, preparing for the tasks ahead. Thanks boss!!

It's good to hear that your hibernation was not as a result of fear/cowardice but a strategic planning.

Cheers!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2014
abbeymaniak:
Pls mods in d house, do I av to register on Wes website b4 I can send my credentials? Pls help me expanciate more as am a novice on dis issue ooo. Tnx in anticipation

If you send your credentials without first registering AND paying them to get your REF number, it will be like throwing needle into haystack.

You know how finding the needle will be like..... don't you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
Thanks @ MsNas.... So I don't need to hold a photocopy of my servis fee baaah.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 11:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
streetMic:
Alright. You need to find the guy I mentioned in the post. I guess you are in the US already?

amen o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
jenns:

Nah nah.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
jenns:
Nope. They have your SEVIS details on your visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
Lol...you have moved on since then now, bros. What is your view about the school? It is not even rated on usnews for computer science but the reviews are not that bad.
Since you have been through the application process before, you must know the school to a large extent. Pros and cons?
imperiouxx:

Yea, I applied to the school in 2011 and got rejected angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

If you send your credentials without first registering AND paying them to get your REF number, it will be like throwing needle into haystack.

You know how finding the needle will be like..... don't you?
grin needle in haystack. Even if you have a magnet. Funny analogy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
pls whoeva has kaplan writing power pdf or anyoda good gre writing materials shud pls help a broda out...thks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
abbeymaniak:
Pls mods in d house, do I av to register on Wes website b4 I can send my credentials? Pls help me expanciate more as am a novice on dis issue ooo. Tnx in anticipation
You mean waec result or your bachelors, if the school didn't specify WEs, look for another evaluation agency
If the school is asking you to evaluate waec result Abeg find another school, that's way to stressful but if it's for bachelors then you can go ahead with Wes. Go to Wes.org , apply and follow the instructions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 11:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
MsNas:

Huge lie. Don't bother yourself jare. I had a return ticket, and the officer at the POE didn't even bat an eyelid. My friend is in Naija right now and she came in with a return ticket, which she eventually flew back with. Nobody complained.

Most people buy return tickets because it's economical on the long run. Not for any other thing. One way or return, the POE officer doesn't send. Afterall, you're holding an F-1
visa, you can come and go as you want.

thanks for the above comment, God will continue to bless you abundantly
some people here dey talk as if na thier grandpa dey work for POE, telling someone that he can be sent back just because he has a return ticket, smsh

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
sirRiddy:
Lol...you have moved on since then now, bros. What is your view about the school? It is not even rated on usnews for computer science but the reviews are not that bad.
Since you have been through the application process before, you must know the school to a large extent. Pros and cons?

And for this reason and for many others that have been asking about student's reviews of schools, this website http://www.studentsreview.com/ gives first hand info about schools directly from the present and ex-students.

Just type the name of the school in the red circle in the image and click on "go".

Always based your conclusion on the school's grade for "Education Quality" and read the comments.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
slimmy05:

Abi na. grin

That's understandable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 11:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
bayocanny:

thanks for the above comment, God will continue to bless you abundantly
some people here dey talk as if na thier grandpa dey work for POE, telling someone that he can be sent back just because he has a return ticket, smsh
Lol. You'll be fine with either a return or one way ticket. All the best jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Please house ...A friend really need u guyz help...

The date of birth on her transcript issued by her school doesn't correlate with d ones on every of her other documents and certificates...One of schools she applied to mailed her that she should get a proof that the transcript belongs to her (tho d transcript was sent directly from her school)...she's trying to ask what to do and hope this won't alter her admission from dis school and d other schools she applied to...
This is d message she got from her school

Dear Name
We have received your online college net application for the Fall semester of 2015 for a Master’s of Science in Geology in our College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Houston.  Upon placing your files in our system for review, we noticed a discrepancy in your date of birth. Could please verify the correct date of birth by providing proof of your actual date of birth so that we can continue to process your application immediately.

Thank you very much
Sincerely.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 11:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

Recently I did screening for varicella, rubella, measles, TB, Hepatitis B virus, drugs and physical examination for $400. Crazy! angry

Boss you no get insurance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 22, 2014
slimmy05:
Slimmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy the boss...mhen ure too much brother ...really appreciate u and that great akokite(Innovativeame) today...u guyz really made my day...God bless u much bro....ur head is extremely and extraordinarily valid....

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 12:04am On Dec 22, 2014
biikeys:

Boss you no get insurance?

No. I don't use insurance when I get it and I do need insurance when I don't get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 12:08am On Dec 22, 2014
profojah:
Please house ...A friend really need u guyz help...

The date of birth on her transcript issued by her school doesn't correlate with d ones on every of her other documents and certificates...One of schools she applied to mailed her that she should get a proof that the transcript belongs to her (tho d transcript was sent directly from her school)...she's trying to ask what to do and hope this won't alter her admission from dis school and d other schools she applied to...
This is d message she got from her school

Dear Name
We have received your online college net application for the Fall semester of 2015 for a Master’s of Science in Geology in our College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at the University of Houston.  Upon placing your files in our system for review, we noticed a discrepancy in your date of birth. Could please verify the correct date of birth by providing proof of your actual date of birth so that we can continue to process your application immediately.

Thank you very much
Sincerely.

Birth certificate is the only credible document needed here as it was issued the day, month or year she was born.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 12:12am On Dec 22, 2014
zeezahbee:
True talk jake, early application saves stress. For fall applicants, try submit all needed document asap, this is the time your preferred school international office will have your time and you might prolly get scholarship or assistance.
Jake try and comport at the Poe and answer only questions you are asked and don't look too anxious. Hop u didn't book return ticket because that's also a very fast way to get sent back . Save trip and don't give anyone your passport oo

@bolded Not true

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 12:13am On Dec 22, 2014
imperiouxx:

No. I don't use insurance when I get it and I do need insurance when I don't get it.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 22, 2014
imperiouxx:

Birth certificate is the only credible document needed here as it was issued the day, month or year she was born.
Thanks baba imperouxxx
I even told her to get an affidavit and she should scan it along her Birth cert and send it to d school...but she said she kinda confuse on what to do...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 22, 2014
zeezahbee:
True talk jake, early application saves stress. For fall applicants, try submit all needed document asap, this is the time your preferred school international office will have your time and you might prolly get scholarship or assistance.
Jake try and comport at the Poe and answer only questions you are asked and don't look too anxious. Hop u didn't book return ticket because that's also a very fast way to get sent back . Save trip and don't give anyone your passport oo

Young lady. Please stop misleading people here with wrong information... Like really its becoming too much of you and u need to chill. Its not necessary to comment if u ain't got facts right. Just saying! #ChillBae

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57