Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869288 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2014
slimmy05:
yeah I did get the mail. Would check and when am done would get back to you. Don't worry it won't take time
Slimmy....I'll be expecting those stufzz oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2014
profojah:

Slimmy....I'll be expecting those stufzz oooo
Sure. You have no worries.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2014
slimmy05:
Sure. You have no worries.
Thanks much bro.... You're d boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sandfield: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Amefrica:

Too sad you can't work legally without SSN, God won't stop being your provider. smiley
What is SSN?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 22, 2014
sandfield:
What is SSN?

9 digits Social Security Number. The digitz that will keep track of you in the US database. If u send package by FedEx, u know that tracking number they give u right? Na so SSN be for Yankee grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dqn6606(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2014
Classicalmusic:
Don't be so scared. While in America, you have to pray continuously. Seems like some unscrupulous elements wanted to pinch you but they didn't get you. Pray always okay?

Now, the lady claimed that she gave you back the passport. You could have requested for camera view.

Your documents are so important. So do not play with them. I met a Nigerian man who wore a special pant for his passport and puts in there while sleeping in a hotel room. I asked Sir, what are you doing? He said my good son, if I put down my passport here while asleep, someone may just act funny and take it. I started laughing, the man was like you don't know that this passport is part of my life. Stay there and be asking me Jamb questions cheesy

Guess it won't be a bad idea for one to keep photocopy of one's passport bio data page.
Even some countries advice so, especially those with high crime rates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dqn6606(m): 11:48am On Dec 22, 2014
landuseact:
1st person granted student visa this morning at the us consulate lagos. Transcript coming soon. Thanks to all the ogas here that helped me. Glory to God.

Congratulations!

Alhamdulilah for mine too! Today, Just 3 questions!
Window: 5

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 22, 2014
@imperiouxx / @all
I am xtremely optimistic as regards the call from Embassy but in the meantime, i am just thinking my resumption is suppose to be jan 5th 2015. If before this time i did not hear from the embassy am i suppose to write the school telling them the update and requesting for another admission letter for fall semester? or both admission letter and another i20?

tnx all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2014
dqn6606:

Guess it won't be a bad idea for one to keep photocopy of one's passport bio data page.
Even some countries advice so, especially those with high crime rates.
you are very right its my copy that has been saving me so far! that's why I can still check in at school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
EJINNE:
@imperiouxx / @all
I am xtremely optimistic as regards the call from Embassy but in the meantime, i am just thinking my resumption is suppose to be jan 5th 2015. If before this time i did not hear from the embassy am i suppose to write the school telling them the update and requesting for another admission letter for fall semester? or both admission letter and another i20?

tnx all.
You can email your school explaining to them the issue at hand and request they issue you extension for two weeks to resume school, if they grant your request then you're fine. It could give you a little time. But if they decline then you'll have to defer to fall. My opinion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
landuseact:
1st person granted student visa this morning at the us consulate lagos. Transcript coming soon. Thanks to all the ogas here that helped me. Glory to God.
congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
dqn6606:

Congratulations!

congratulations too, we await ur transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
dqn6606:

Congratulations!

#Congrat bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2014
Congrats.
dqn6606:

Congratulations!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 2:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
Congrats
landuseact:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
Congrats
dqn6606:

Congratulations!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
landuseact:

Congratulations. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
sandfield:
What is SSN?

Social Security Number.. It's for monitoring you, employment etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2014
dqn6606:

Congratulations!

Congratulations to you too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 3:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
efiyefaa:
Thank you all for your encouraging words! @msnas and amefrica the lady is insisting she gave it to me so its now a case oh her word against mine. I'm looking at another one bug would need to have a job so I can make endsmeet for my personal items before April when the Nigeria embassy will visit LA
That's just my worry . and no ssn means no job.
Jehovah will see me thru!but I'm soo scared!

So sorry about your situation.
I think you should also report officially to the police, there's no telling who might do what with your passport. Just be on the safe side and report. In the US your passport and drivers license are important documents for identity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
jenns:
Thanks @ MsNas.... So I don't need to hold a photocopy of my servis fee baaah.

Please have ALL your documents in your hand luggage so you can easily pull out whatever document they want.
DO NOT ever have it in your checking in luggage!!! Before dem do "Kpalemo" for you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2014
jakeharris:

thanks ma....give who my passport i de craze...if he reach another person hand my mama go land me slap from naija lol....like i said early application saves loads of strezz

Lmao!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
MsNas:

Depends on the agreement your school has/haf with a bank. In dome cases, you might be allowed to open a bank account with only your school ID and some other docs. But truthfully, The chances are bleak.

What did you do to the Etihad staff that lost your passport?

Can you just imagine...
First they lost her bags and now one retarded ***** pulled a fast one on here...
I'll just create a scene to big for them to handle. They must find my damn passport!
Don't pay attention to some of this folks... they are full of shii.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
efiyefaa:
Thank you all for your encouraging words! @msnas and amefrica the lady is insisting she gave it to me so its now a case oh her word against mine. I'm looking at another one bug would need to have a job so I can make endsmeet for my personal items before April when the Nigeria embassy will visit LA
That's just my worry . and no ssn means no job.
Jehovah will see me thru!but I'm soo scared!

Don't be scared!
Everything would work out for your good!
You have to work towards getting another passport. You really can't do much without a passport. You could still try to get some minor jobs to do...Nothing is impossible!
Ask God for help and courage. Your miracle is sure!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
Stewee:

Can you just imagine...
First they lost her bags and now one retarded ***** pulled a fast one on here...
I'll just create a scene to big for them to handle. They must find my damn passport!
Don't pay attention to some of this folks... they are full of shii.
That was what I was thinking. I will create a wild, crazy scene at that LAX ehn, they will be forced to fly me for free to New York or Atlanta to get a new passport.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
kwenu:
guys please , what is instate and out of state? i m visiting some USA school website out of state tuition , instate tuition? some should please tell/ explain

Imperios said it in a nutshell...just know that Instate is for Indegenes and the other is for non-indegenes....
What an indegene would pay will be different from out of state and even International students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
abeg when de ask me for my documents @ poe can i show them photocopies instead of the original
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 4:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
[quote author=jamesflaw post=29091188]
william patterson university

where is it located?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
MsNas:

That was what I was thinking. I will create a wild, crazy scene at that LAX ehn, they will be forced to fly me for free to New York or Atlanta to get a new passport.

grin grin grin
It's not fair at all!
My cousins here said they'll just file a law suit! No time for rubbish! Lmao
...that she shouldda even threatened them with one...even the manage would come and look for it himself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
jakeharris:
abeg when de ask me for my documents @ poe can i show them photocopies instead of the original

Originals oooo!
Why would you wana show them photocopies naw, Hian!
Or don't you have the originals?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
profojah:

Lwkmd.....bayo don over-vex....No vex broda
My grandma dey work for POE...just direct all ur inquiry to her grin
how u dey boss
Hey u better tell your grandma to behave normal make she no give me false info cus I fit slap her, meanwhile there are other way to enta without passing through the POE cheesy
Anyway I'm good o, how your side sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
Stewee:

Originals oooo!
Why would you wana show them photocopies naw, Hian!
Or don't you have the originals?

i have all just wanted to know

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.