Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868880 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
exxy:

bro, ur guy for fit help u do all dis tins , but I just dey come and ur guy never know ground like that. would have love to help a homie .
it's hurts me not to be able to help #Homie.
I understand bruv.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Goodday everyone

Please can anybody help me with toefl questions and answers?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hello my ogas .I need advice

I contacted a graduate school and I was told that GAs are competitive and given more to Phd guys.
On the otherhand GRs are given on indidividual basis, so the man said I should contact a prof that I like his research for recommendation to get research assistanship

How am I gonna do this that's the trouble. the school is UT Arlington. What do I write
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2015
lovable85:
Goodday everyone

Please can anybody help me with toefl questions and answers?

send empty or blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com , then follow the downloading procedure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 12:47am On Feb 03, 2015
dicapino:

I contacted a graduate school and I was told that GAs are competitive and given more to Phd guys.
On the otherhand GRs are given on indidividual basis, so the man said I should contact a prof that I like his research for recommendation to get research assistanship

How am I gonna do this that's the trouble. the school is UT Arlington. What do I write

What's your major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:02am On Feb 03, 2015
dicapino:

Get email address of the lecturers and let them know you are interested in working with them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by shevylove: 4:00am On Feb 03, 2015
Hello everyone, pls I have been having difficulty for the past 1week to pay my application fee online. I am trying to apply to uni of tennessee for the past 1week but it keeps telling me MAILING ADDRESS MISMATCH...I have tried all I could but all to no avail. Really wish someon already in the state can help me out cuz I am already frustrated, and to add salt to injury; application deadline was ystrday. Pls I need help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 5:12am On Feb 03, 2015
Go through the department research webpage and see which of the faculty's research interests you. Mail the faculty, emphasizing your zeal and interest on his research, And how it will affect your career.
dicapino:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 5:25am On Feb 03, 2015
any one taking college algebra with out access code , I need code oo who get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:04am On Feb 03, 2015
my house, how much them dey pay Nigerian proffessors dey earn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:16am On Feb 03, 2015
shevylove:
Hello everyone, pls I have been having difficulty for the past 1week to pay my application fee online. I am trying to apply to uni of tennessee for the past 1week but it keeps telling me MAILING ADDRESS MISMATCH...I have tried all I could but all to no avail. Really wish someon already in the state can help me out cuz I am already frustrated, and to add salt to injury; application deadline was ystrday. Pls I need help
Some master/visa card billing address arent recognised for making payment online....Don't put your master card billing address again....just 'click' on "international billing address'..its right before the card billing address box....Your payment will be updated asap

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 03, 2015
exxy:
my house, how much them dey pay Nigerian proffessors dey earn
You wan become a Prof?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 6:35am On Feb 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
You can get someone in USA to pay via money order on your behalf.
replied your message
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 03, 2015
dicapino:

It's understandable to fund phds only. Masters is transient and schools want to fund researchers on a long term contract (phd) - so to speak.

Anyway Google sample letter to supervisor graduate school.
You need to study his research and propose something or tlel him you like it(you have to like it anyway. Lol) .

Attach a CV (a good one needless to say) .

Pray for a response. Most often they never write back.

It's not as difficult as it seems.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adikatobi: 8:56am On Feb 03, 2015
Hello gurus in the house . Please can some one help me out with the list of schools that offers admission for students with Cgpa of 2.83/4 for masters in social works or mental health counseling I have searched on google but could only come up with 2 schools and I need 2 schools more. Thanks for your assistance. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:51am On Feb 03, 2015
exxy:

You dey look for cheat abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 10:52am On Feb 03, 2015
biikeys:

What's your major?

Mech Eng.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by famousguy01(m): 11:32am On Feb 03, 2015
pls house how do I go about paying for my sevis fees, and like how much will the commission be? thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2015
famousguy01:
pls house how do I go about paying for my school fees, and like how much will the commission be? thanks in anticipation
When you get there, you pay your school fees!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by famousguy01(m): 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2015
olenime:

When you get there, you pay your school fees!

its sevis not school fees, I made a mistake
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by samnoah(m): 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
shevylove:

What card are you using? It happen sometimes that some platforms rejects certain cards. I am just coming here after a long while though. Greetings to everyone that has kept the thread on. You can send me a private message and let's see how to be of help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2015
dicapino:

Mech Eng.

It will be difficult, if not impossible to get funding by sending them emails if you're not on campus. I finished from EE there and only got funding after my first semester. You'll need to look for the professors you'd like to work with, find out how many students they have working with them-if they're getting any funding, make sure to take one of their courses your first semester and then go and meet them in person. Funding is very very competitive at UTA

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2015
shevylove:
Deadline was yesterday, i dont think theres anything that can be done to that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2015
exxy:
CODES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2015
famousguy01:

its sevis not school fees, I made a mistake
Get someone in USA to pay or you go to seme
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2015
Hi guys. I was going through the admission requirements of Savannah State Uni and Immunization Certificate was listed as one of the documents required to be sent across. How does one go about getting this? This is actually my first time of coming across such as a required admission document. Guys please educate me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 10:02pm On Feb 03, 2015
biikeys:

It will be difficult, if not impossible to get funding by sending them emails if you're not on campus. I finished from EE there and only got funding after my first semester. You'll need to look for the professors you'd like to work with, find out how many students they have working with them-if they're getting any funding, make sure to take one of their courses your first semester and then go and meet them in person. Funding is very very competitive at UTA

So it looks like a no go area. And i meet some of their requirements anyway. Thanks for the info. i think am gonna pass. But i would still try to contact one of the dept. Profs....to try my luck. .

Hello you know any school in texas where funding fit show, Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2015
Good evening House, I need your advice please, I receive a mail from the university I applied to stating thus: The final item required is an official TOEFL or IELTS score report. You may also submit a letter indicating your education was conducted in English so that we may consider a TOEFL waiver.

I did IELTS but was told it will take about 2 weeks before the result comes out. So as to fasten my application would it be advisable to submit a letter indicating my education was conducted in English or I should wait till the result is out. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 10:19pm On Feb 03, 2015
kennyrony:
Good evening House, I need your advice please, I receive a mail from the university I applied to stating thus: The final item required is an official TOEFL or IELTS score report. You may also submit a letter indicating your education was conducted in English so that we may consider a TOEFL waiver.

I did IELTS but was told it will take about 2 weeks before the result comes out. So as to fasten my application would it be advisable to submit a letter indicating my education was conducted in English or I should wait till the result is out. Thanks.
you can get a letter from your school stating that all courses were taught in english and scan it to them or wait for your ielts result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2015
kennyrony:

If you applying for Fall 2015, You can tell you school to wait till the IELTS result is out but if you can do that follow zeezahbee advice..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
famousguy01:
pls house how do I go about paying for my sevis fees, and like how much will the commission be? thanks in anticipation

You can pay at seme border if you stay in lagos..

Lemme know your location so that i can guide and direct you.. send me pm then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2015
Walspring:

If you applying for Fall 2015, You can tell you school to wait till the IELTS result is out but if you can do that follow zeezahbee advice..

I apply for summer 2015. Maybe I will just request a letter from my school, I think that will be faster.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.