Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868296 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
lovable85:
What can I use to close the gap
Theres nothing wrong with the gap, write SAT or toefl, apply to a uni not a community college and forget about applying for English as a second language, apply for engineering straight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2015
zeezahbee:
Theres nothing wrong with the gap, write SAT or toefl, apply to a uni not a community college and forget about applying for English as a second language, apply for engineering straight.
Lol, does being a pastor have any collocation with engineering?

What should be paramount for him is getting the visa first. English Language is much better than Engineering due to his work experience. Wanted him to add a bit more aside being a pastor in order to make more sense in the course of his interview.

Every application is different.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
Classicalmusic:

What should be paramount for him is getting the visa first. English Language is much better than Engineering due to his work experience. Wanted him to add a bit more aside being a pastor in order to make more sense in the course of his interview.

If i am not wrong, are you saying he should apply for English language first before going for engineering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 12:12am On Feb 01, 2015
I know it won't be easy but I won't give up on this.this GRE na headache and am sick already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:30am On Feb 01, 2015
Classicalmusic:

Being a pastor is not a crime, it might be a call from God.

Some people here in the past have been denied for going for english undecided ( as a 2nd language). Abeg don't we speak English already. He has more chances to get the visa for engineering or any other course but not English. We have told him to write SAT. He has 100% chances to get the visa.

If he get to the USA, he can transfer go for english.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Espice(m): 2:02am On Feb 01, 2015
Hello house!
Good to see everyone's making progress. Some of us will be graduating this spring. Thank God for the journey so far.
Some of us came to this country not knowing or having anybody here but we thank God for the success we've achieved so far. It has all been a wonderful experience.
I school in New York, the Big Apple! Lol. My people, NY no be joke o. Just like someone said in some other posts here, NY is fu**king over hyped. I wonder what the craze is all about of this NY self. A lot is wrong with this over celebrated state. Anyways that'll be for another day.
I'm just here to encourage those of you that are finding it difficult to survive in this country. Tuition palava, job wahala, accommodation, GA, among others. Please and please, try to find a way to stay as a student and complete your education. The benefits you'll enjoy while still a student and after graduation are way superior than going out of status for the sake of struggling & scouting for residency papers. I'm a witness, son! I have friends who came here, abandoned school and went out of status with the mind of trying to get residency papers. It has not been easy and rosy at all for them. So please, don't go out of status.
And another thing is, please don't forget God in this distractive country. Pray, pray & pray. Never forget those teachings your parent used to give you back in Naija.
For me, I'll be graduating this spring. I came studying in fall '13, got a GA that same semester. Got a scholarship plus another GA in the following semester. Got hired as an intern in NYC. Drive a very good car, Lol. All these, as a student. Although at first, it was not that easy but God made it all easy along the line.
Don't be deceived, even the Americans are not smiling. There are also beggers here. Most of them don't even go to school (college). They are mostly high school graduates.
So count yourself as being lucky to be here studying in the first place, because even the Americans will like and envy you when they know you came all the way here to study.
And as for papers/kpali/GC, bro, that one na small thing. Just put your trust in God and finish your school, there are many legit ways of crossing that bridge.

For the new arrivals, I say welcome to the land of opportunities.
I hail the veterans in the house as well. God's favor for us all.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 6:31am On Feb 01, 2015
zeezahbee:

Some people here in the past have been denied for going for english undecided ( as a 2nd language). Abeg don't we speak English already. He has more chances to get the visa for engineering or any other course but not English. We have told him to write SAT. He has 100% chances to get the visa.

I have no problem for him being a pastor and the United States is a native speaker of English unlike Nigeria. Studying English as a major is also good. There are so many stuffs to talk about to convince the VO. Okay, I can only wish him good luck for now!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 6:53am On Feb 01, 2015
Walspring:

If i am not wrong, are you saying he should apply for English language first before going for engineering

Yeah but please stop further questions. If Engineering is gonna give him the visa fine. @tdayof, i got your PM and would give you another e-mail to write me because this particular e-mail really sucks.

Have you applied to any school yet? You must get down to business now. Talk to you later!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:57am On Feb 01, 2015
That was a good one espice grin. Happy for your achievements so far.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tdayof(m): 7:22am On Feb 01, 2015
Classicalmusic:
Yeah but please stop further questions. If Engineering is gonna give him the visa fine. @tdayof, i got your PM and would give you another e-mail to write me because this particular e-mail really sucks.

Have you applied to any school yet? You must get down to business now. Talk to you later!
alright will be expecting .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 1:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
tdayof:
alright will be expecting .
Check out my profile now and you will get my e-mail.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 2:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
Good day to you all, and Happy new month. I wish everybody a blessed month.

Please Mr. Imperiouxx, a frnd of mine sent an email to you about some weeks ago, concerning his application for Fall 2016 , but you are yet to reply him back.

His email address is nonso...@yahoo.com
Pls your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation, My special Greetings to your Family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dcutey: 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ctemi:

From yaba board oshodi oke bus alight@oshodi,board bus going 2 airport road alight@last bus-stop from there you will board a cab going to Nacho when u get to Nacho ask for the post office.
Thanks Ctemi, i got the direction.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
same amount/fee with new passport[/quote]

Ok thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
dcutey:

Thanks Ctemi, i got the direction.
Thanks be to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
any one with an idea of how to As this freshman composition?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
STENON:
Good day to you all, and Happy new month. I wish everybody a blessed month.

Please Mr. Imperiouxx, a frnd of mine sent an email to you about some weeks ago, concerning his application for Fall 2016 , but you are yet to reply him back.

His email address is nonso...@yahoo.com
Pls your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation, My special Greetings to your Family.
You want to carry Nonso along with you to "Obodo Oyibo"? hmmmmmm. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
exxy:
CC godG
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2015
House, anyone in the US that can help me with the payment of my application fee via money order? School is UA Monticello.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
slimmy05:
CC godG

Present, sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2015
zeezahbee:

Are you really serious about the bolded? Joke. Many people, ignorantly, think what we speak is all there is to studying English. On this thread, that I know, it's 98% success rate for prospective graduate students of English.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2015
Classicalmusic:

Be clear about this... The only reason why schools in usa give condition admission to applicants to study English before majoring in their real course is because they dont have a good record about English and that's why we do advice people to write any of the English test like toefl or Ielts so that their admission will be smooth and they wont do common entrance when they get to school

Advising someone to go an spend more than $5000 for English class in the usa after getting visa before starting his real course is a waste of money because the same person can use less that $200 to write toefl or ielts and pass it with good score, with his/her good score the person wont need to [b]start English class or common entrance [/b]in his/her again

N.B --- write toefl or ielts is not just because of VO but more of than

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
godG:

Are you really serious about the bolded? Joke. Many people, ignorantly, think what we speak is all there is to studying English. On this thread, that I know, it's 98% success rate for prospective graduate students of English.
Go back to the guy post. He didn't do toefl and he got admitted into a community with an option that he must take English classes before he can start watever course of his choice. Since you have been on this thread, how many people do you think got a visa with English as a 2nd language !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
Walspring:

Be clear about this... The only reason why schools in usa give condition admission to applicants to study English before majoring in their real course is because they dont have a good record about English and that's why we do advice people to write any of the English test like toefl or Ielts so that their admission will be smooth and they wont do common entrance when they get to school

Advising someone to go an spend more than $5000 for English class in the usa after getting visa before starting his real course is a waste of money because the same person can use less that $200 to write toefl or ielts and pass it with good score, with his/her good score the person wont need to [b]start English class or common entrance [/b]in his/her again

Thumbs up. The dude wasn't going for English as a major, he has an embargo on his i20 saying he must clear out from English .

Finally engineering will always get visa approval more than English anytime anyday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Theflint1:
House, anyone in the US that can help me with the payment of my application fee via money order? School is UA Monticello.
Yes you can, but it's better you pay with a card so it can be updated immediately
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2015
exxy:
What composition ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
zeezahbee:
Go back to the guy post. He didn't do toefl and he got admitted into a community with an option that he must take English classes before he can start watever course of his choice. Since you have been on this thread, how many people do you think got a visa with English as a 2nd language !

Oh, I see. Pardon me. Azeezah, how are you?

The number of people? So far, from what I know, the two people who applied for TESOL actually got it. Both in Part 2. The only denial was in part 3 - a community college.

I have said it before, there is no 'standard' rule to visa application. Each applicant is treated independently. If anyone has an admission to study TESOL or whatever course in a good college, please, apply. What the VOs want to see is your readiness to pursue what you want and the sincerity of your application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
godG:

You got her wrong. lol. Its actually a prerequisite and not English Major. Its actually like IELTS programme. Its usually administered to student who didn't meet up with the English Language competence requirement (IELTS or TOEFL) before you would be permitted to start the main programme you intend to study.

How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
slimmy05:
You got her wrong. lol. Its actually a prerequisite and not English Major. Its actually like IELTS programme. Its usually administered to student who didn't meet up with the English Language competence requirement (IELTS or TOEFL) before you would be permitted to start the main programme you intend to study.

How are you doing?

I see. I'm holding up, bro. Finally chilling for Fulbright.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
godG:

Oh, I see. Pardon me. Azeezah, how are you?

The number of people? So far, from what I know, the two people who applied for TESOL actually got it. Both in Part 2. The only denial was in part 3 - a community college.

I have said it before, there is no 'standard' rule to visa application. Each applicant is treated independently. If anyone has an admission to study TESOL or whatever course in a good college, please, apply. What the VOs want to see is your readiness to pursue what you want and the sincerity of your application.
Each case is different but each case has more success than the other. What works for me, might not work for you. Some visa can't be denied by the VO if you do you homework well. Have seen a lot of people on this thread get visa with a different school/ choice just to have a good case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 9:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
Walspring:

I am talking about English as a major. I am sick and tired of this damn thing.

I am coughing now as a result of some spoilt girls smoking in my apartment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 01, 2015
zeezahbee:
Yes you can, but it's better you pay with a card so it can be updated immediately
I applied via paper, their online application was a mess. So paying via card is kinda impossible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59