Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865958 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
jamesflaw:
Good day everyone I have some questions. Need people who know about the undergraduate process well.

I applied to some schools in the U.S. for undergraduate nursing. And I have been accepted.(thank God). this is what my situation is:

1) I'm still in secondary school ss3. I used my WAEC GCE result to apply and was accepted

2) I will graduate secondary school this July and and that is when I will receive my testimonial.

Now my question is this:

If I go to the embassy, would they know that I have finished secondary school( by then I would have my transcript for ss1-ss3 ready but WAEC result may not be out) and if they know would that be a hindrance to the visa?
Do the embassy people accept only the MAY/June waec result and not the NOV/DEC own?
If I tell them dat I'm graduating by July, would dey tell me to wait till then before I apply for visa?
And the issue of the testimonial, is it needed or only waec result and transcript is needed.

I know it's a lot of questions , but thanks to anyone to gives a reply . I appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
jamesflaw:
jamesflaw:
Good day everyone I have some questions. Need people who know about the undergraduate process well.

I applied to some schools in the U.S. for undergraduate nursing. And I have been accepted.(thank God). this is what my situation is:

1) I'm still in secondary school ss3. I used my WAEC GCE result to apply and was accepted

2) I will graduate secondary school this July and and that is when I will receive my testimonial.

Now my question is this:

If I go to the embassy, would they know that I have finished secondary school( by then I would have my transcript for ss1-ss3 ready but WAEC result may not be out) and if they know would that be a hindrance to the visa?
Do the embassy people accept only the MAY/June waec result and not the NOV/DEC own?
If I tell them dat I'm graduating by July, would dey tell me to wait till then before I apply for visa?
And the issue of the testimonial, is it needed or only waec result and transcript is needed.

I know it's a lot of questions , but thanks to anyone to gives a reply . I appreciate
I have headache now and I do need some rest. Would respond to you later. Just relax!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2015
ebdib:

I don't even understand this @bignyash guy
He's rude and full of himself.

So distasteful

@imperiouxx
You're very right. Domestic students have advantages in many admissions decisions.
I heard it's cheaper for them to fund a domestic student than an intl student so that could be a factor
Your wife is a harvadian! Impressive!!

When yash is the only significant part of someone's body, so what sensible comment do you expect from such a bignyash? undecided

Yea, she's and it's like attending any other school to her.

How are you doing sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
Classicalmusic:
I have headache now and I do need some rest. Would respond to you later. Just relax!
ok thanks....whenever ur ready
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 12:28am On Jan 31, 2015
Abegi,Can you still register for TOEFL with your Access Bank card or your GTB card..Someone just told me Nigerian cards are no longer accepted..A friend wants to register without going through Agents..

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 5:21am On Jan 31, 2015
sirRiddy:
He needs more than 82. He is applying to graduate schools. A 100 should his benchmark.

Ohhh graduate I didn't know. ...take it serz oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:08am On Jan 31, 2015
mattkelly:
Abegi,Can you still register for TOEFL with your Access Bank card or your GTB card..Someone just told me Nigerian cards are no longer accepted..A friend wants to register without going through Agents..

Thanks

Only paypal or you ask someone in Obamaland to register it for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 6:19am On Jan 31, 2015
Walspring:

Only paypal or you ask someone in Obamaland to register it for you

Saw it on ETS website that they accept Visa card from niaja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by frankarecords: 6:22am On Jan 31, 2015
Any body coming to florida? I am at florida tech melbourne.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:42am On Jan 31, 2015
mattkelly:

Saw it on ETS website that they accept Visa card from niaja

Then go and get visa card and use it to try it then...

After all i gave you the best and easiest options
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 7:03am On Jan 31, 2015
Walspring:

Then go and get visa card and use it to try it then...

After all i gave you the best and easiest options

okay bro..thanks.now i understand beta
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 8:01am On Jan 31, 2015
mattkelly:

I used visa card a month ago. Did the policy change all of a sudden?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2015
jamesflaw:
jamesflaw:

Now my question is this:

Firstly, your question is a bit long and you ought to have read previous pages of this particular forum in order to get more knowledge and of course know what to do.

Secondly, your files like GCE and so on, would be uploaded for the Embassy.

Thirdly, please book your interview on time and get a proof that your testimonial will be ready in July and WAEC later--This is very important and do present these letters when the need arises. But in case, in the process of interview, the VO does not ask, then keep your mouth shut and do not raise the issue, so as to avoid being denied a visa. Are you taking notes?

Finally, your GCE is good. I think it's much more better than WAEC but I don't really know if the VO will acknowledge this or not. They are still learning cheesy This is where you can enlighten him more if he tries to disbelieve or throw you off-balance and lay more emphasis on your non-available WAEC result. And you'll be fine.

Hope you have ties to your country. Wishing the best of luck!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
For September start date.how soon can I apply for an interview and also can I use a 4 month old bank statement to apply?. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
troubled:
For September start date.how soon can I apply for an interview and also can I use a 4 month old bank statement to apply?. Thanks in anticipation

4 month old bank statement will be "Kiss of death" to an application.
It is clear to everyone including visa officer
that a statement that old is only being used because the funds are no longer there!
The first time they check and find insufficient funds then that is fraudulent information and BAN.

Get a current statement, if you do not have enough funds then you must wait untill you have.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
troubled:
You wanna kiss good bye to your interview? Chai there's God oh! There's God oh!! cheesy Just pray the VO does not request to see your statement of account, if not, then you will put yourself in a tight corner.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:11pm On Jan 31, 2015
mattkelly:

Let give thanks to God..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 4:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
nedum360:

I used visa card a month ago. Did the policy change all of a sudden?

Bro.How where you able to get it done?Got my Pm?Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
Classicalmusic:
Firstly, your question is a bit long and you ought to have read previous pages of this particular forum in order to get more knowledge and of course know what to do.

Secondly, your files like GCE and so on, would be uploaded for the Embassy.

Thirdly, please book your interview on time and get a proof that your testimonial will be ready in July and WAEC later--This is very important and do present these letters when the need arises. But in case, in the process of interview, the VO does not ask, then keep your mouth shut and do not raise the issue, so as to avoid being denied a visa. Are you taking notes?

Finally, your GCE is good. I think it's much more better than WAEC but I don't really know if the VO will acknowledge this or not. They are still learning cheesy This is where you can enlighten him more if he tries to disbelieve or throw you off-balance and lay more emphasis on your non-available WAEC result. And you'll be fine.

Hope you have ties to your country. Wishing the best of luck!!
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by landuseact: 4:14pm On Jan 31, 2015
my people how far? its been a busy month for me trying to play catch up with my courses. i have my first exam on tutuesday. i have missed being on nairaland to read and write comments o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
Good day everybody,
I will love to know my chances of getting a visa approval, cos I'm a high school graduate( graduated 2007) and I have been working as a pastor ever since then(working experience), now I have applied to a community college in texas and have gotten the admission with no sat or toefl but applying for the English as a second language program and later engineering, my dad is my sponser and I'm 25 years old,and what documents should I carry for the interview. Pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
frankarecords:
Any body coming to florida? I am at florida tech melbourne.
How is FIT bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
lovable85:
Good day everybody,
I will love to know my chances of getting a visa approval, cos I'm a high school graduate( graduated 2007) and I have been working as a pastor ever since then(working experience), now I have applied to a community college in texas and have gotten the admission with no sat or toefl but applying for the English as a second language program and later engineering, my dad is my sponser and I'm 25 years old,and what documents should I carry for the interview. Pls reply

To be honest, your chances are poor.
8 years out of school is a long time.
Community College is a big red flag. Visa officers do not like them for applications.
English as second language when Nigeria is an English speaking country?
These things will make your application rather difficult.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
But what if I write the toefl exam??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2015
lovable85:
But what if I write the toefl exam??
If you get a satisfactory score in TOEFL
AND you change from Community College to University
And you study Engineering not English as a second language.

It will still be an up hill struggle with your background.
Sorry but the truth is sometimes not pleasant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2015
Cos the issue is that I actually went to a university but couldn't finish, so I don't have a certificate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2015
lovable85:
Good day everybody,
Your age is still okay for Bachelor's Degree and English Language as a major gives you an edge. The only thing you have to do is get an admission into a university, close the gap and take SAT. Bam you're in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lovable85(f): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2015
What can I use to close the gap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 9:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
Toefl made sense today.....so I get to wait for 10days .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2015
dicapino:
My prayers really worked for you.... wink...All the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tdayof(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2015
Classicalmusic:
Your age is still okay for Bachelor's Degree and English Language as a major gives you an edge. The only thing you have to do is get an admission into a university, close the gap and take SAT. Bam you're in.
hmm check your pm please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:08pm On Jan 31, 2015
dicapino:

Wow.. Its good hear that.. When you whatsapp me this morning, my phone was on silent so i dont know that it was ringing..

What is the score, I thought you see the rough result after the exam just like gre... Is that right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.