Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865830 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 04, 2015
nedum360:

I'm curious to know edib toefl score
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 04, 2015
I'm going to take my TOEFL test this Friday, what's with the funny pressure that I'm feeling? any heads up as regards to the test day and stuff guys??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:20am On Mar 04, 2015
leadzeal:
Can't seem to see it.. add @gmail(dot)com to my username, and send me a mail. Take care
Check ur mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 04, 2015
Good luck and buy some menthol cheesy
icedbeatz:
I'm going to take my TOEFL test this Friday, what's with the funny pressure that I'm feeling? any heads up as regards to the test day and stuff guys??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mbeenox: 11:57am On Mar 04, 2015
If DHL tries to deliver a package at an address but nobody was there to receive it what will happen?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 04, 2015
mbeenox:
If DHL tries to deliver a package at an address but nobody was there to receive it what will happen?
It is better you go to the nearest office and claim your package with a valid ID and tracking number of the package. They might attempt another delivery, but it's advisable you go to their office.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2015
kennyrony:

Check ur mail
Honestly, I don't know what's d problem.. drop ur e-mail for me, let me send it rather.. that shld work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
leadzeal:

Honestly, I don't know what's d problem.. drop ur e-mail for me, let me send it rather.. that shld work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Taike: 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
icedbeatz:

Its pretty easy. Just make sure you jot fast during the listening section and speak clearly and concisely during the speaking section. All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
But warri pikin, your choice of paper base still dey
marvel me o.

guyman hwfa u na grin
anyways since im used to writing paper exams and i always have my ways around papers so wink

nothing special...u see kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
nedum360:

I'm curious to know edib toefl score

reading 29
writing 28
speaking 28
listening 30

all thanks to you-tube videos and being relaxed especially after studying for the grueling GRE Verbal preparation.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2015
sirRiddy:
115. Not that it matters

lol.
You have a very good write up btw.
First impressions on the sop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2015
summerflame:
I went to the USA Embassy today for an interview.. The following ensue between me and the VO -

VO - Good Morning
Me- Good Morning
VO- How are u doing
Me - i am fine
VO- have you traveled before?
Me - Yes and it is on the passport
VO - Why are you going to USA
Me - Going for my cousin's wedding anniversary
VO- What do you do?
Me - I work with red oak trust and investment
VO- what position are you in your company?
Me- i am the accountant and a credit officer
VO - Are you married?
Me- Yes i am
VO- How many kids do you have?
Me- i have just 1
VO - Are you traveling alone
Me- Yes
VO- what does your wife do?
Me- she is a trader
VO- what does she sells?
Me - she has a supermarket and she sells kid toys
VO- why is she not traveling with you?
Me - She is almost due for delivery.
VO - SORRY, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO HAVE THE VISA OR PICK UP A VISA AT THIS TIME.
GOOD DAY.
I asked him why i got denied but he said he wouldn't know..
My main question now for the Nairalanders is this, CAN I RE-APPLY AND WHY DO YOU THINK I GOT DENIED DESPITE ALL MY CONFIDENCE IN ANSWER THE MALE VO?.. Only reasonable answers will be appreciated. thanks

Hi
Non immigrant visas which arent Student visas are best treated on the visit to USA thread. Im sure you'll get expert help there.
Sorry for the delay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2015
@slimmy05
Guy how far?
How is the wind of Johnson city blowing you these days grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2015
warriboy21:

guyman hwfa u na grin
anyways since im used to writing paper exams and i always have my ways around papers so wink

Haaa! Warriboy typed in English today!... cheesy me dey expect to see a thick-warri pidgin reply...lol

Anyways, wish you all the best bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
ebdib:
@slimmy05
Guy how far?
School is taking the whole time and usual work as well. I don't like what are playing with Villareal o. Montoya is not a good replacement for Alves, though I support his sale.

How you preparing for finals? Are you taking thesis or comprehensive exam?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2015
ebdib:

reading 29
writing 28
speaking 28
listening 30

all thanks to you-tube videos and being relaxed especially after studying for the grueling GRE Verbal preparation.

Ebdib...Abeg borrow me your brain for my own exam.. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 04, 2015
profojah:
@SirRiddy.....ngbo, materials wo lo da fun AWA...ewo ni iwo feel pe o wa ok?

Kaplan
Read it back to back
Cram the introductions for the argumentative essays
The introductions are ALWAYS the same for any essay given

example
The Author makes an argument that .......................................(Fill as appropriate)
However, the argument by the author seems plausible at first but is in fact specious. This is because the premise on which the argument is based on is not evidence-based and sorely lacks statistical data to back up the findings

Such an intro would fit into any essay because all the essays youll be given are based on a faulty premise... So just craft one and cram it.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
slimmy05:
School is taking the whole time and usual work as well. I don't like what are playing with Villareal o. Montoya is not a good replacement for Alves, though I support his sale.

How you preparing for finals? Are you taking thesis or comprehensive exam?

New development o...
But i'm Currently working on my thesis. It must be published by fire by force. grin grin grin
Its like the wind of PhD is looming.
May transfer my modules mehn...every one else is...
But im still yet to decide...

I'm not watching the game...may stream it and watch. Montoya is coming up bro, but he's a no-no for tough games like this.
Maybe its because i dont like alves. undecided
Alves was rubbish last season and we suffered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2015
ebdib:

Kaplan
Read it back to back
Cram the introductions for the argumentative essays
The introductions are ALWAYS the same for any essay given

example
The Author makes an argument that .......................................(Fill as appropriate)
However, the argument by the author seems plausible at first but is in fact specious. This is because the premise on which the argument is based on is not evidence-based and sorely lacks statistical data to back up the findings

Such an intro would fit into any essay because all the essays youll be given are based on a faulty premise... So just craft one and cram it.
Wo ebdib!...Ori e wanbe ...Ori e wa over valid sibe...
Thanks bro...Really appreciate this!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thanks Eddie...smiley
Expecting your reply sha.

So slimmy05 sef na barca fan? Interesting.
ebdib:

115. Not that it matters

lol.
You have a very good write up btw.
First impressions on the sop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2015
Alright bro. Wish you the best.
warriboy21:

guyman hwfa u na grin

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ttmacoy: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2015
Maybe I am missing why would you travel for your cousins wedding anniversary? Especially when your wife is due to give birth.

I don't know if this is why you were refused but just curious.

summerflame:
I went to the USA Embassy today for an interview.. The following ensue between me and the VO -

VO - Good Morning
Me- Good Morning
VO- How are u doing
Me - i am fine
VO- have you traveled before?
Me - Yes and it is on the passport
VO - Why are you going to USA
Me - Going for my cousin's wedding anniversary
VO- What do you do?
Me - I work with red oak trust and investment
VO- what position are you in your company?
Me- i am the accountant and a credit officer
VO - Are you married?
Me- Yes i am
VO- How many kids do you have?
Me- i have just 1
VO - Are you traveling alone
Me- Yes
VO- what does your wife do?
Me- she is a trader
VO- what does she sells?
Me - she has a supermarket and she sells kid toys
VO- why is she not traveling with you?
Me - She is almost due for delivery.
VO - SORRY, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO HAVE THE VISA OR PICK UP A VISA AT THIS TIME.
GOOD DAY.
I asked him why i got denied but he said he wouldn't know..
My main question now for the Nairalanders is this, CAN I RE-APPLY AND WHY DO YOU THINK I GOT DENIED DESPITE ALL MY CONFIDENCE IN ANSWER THE MALE VO?.. Only reasonable answers will be appreciated. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:48am On Mar 05, 2015
Taike:

Its pretty easy. Just make sure you jot fast during the listening section and speak clearly and concisely during the speaking section. All the best!

@taike and @sirriddy God bless y'all for the intel, going to adhere to them... thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 12:51am On Mar 05, 2015
ebdib:
@slimmy05
Guy how far?
Hi, ebdib. I intend to apply to Princeton for my PhD against 2016. I would like to come around your campus after our finals (mid May). I'm currently in my first year master's at upenn. Need some info from you. Sent you a pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Emmanuelson(m): 1:15am On Mar 05, 2015
hi guys, i will be done with my degree by november 2015 and i dont want to waste time as i plan to start my masters as early as 2016..mind you i have plans to skip the nysc( i dont know if that is possible ) but please guys i need answer to this and when is the best time to start the application for my masters program in the states....can the Nysc be skipped?? if yes...what are the chances of getting the visa at the embassy without NYSC certificate??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 05, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks Eddie...smiley
Expecting your reply sha.

So slimmy05 sef na barca fan? Interesting.
Pure Fan. smiley I had to leave the match for class. It was rough one. Montoya is still learning and the removal of Bosquet further worsen the situation. I am happy we won at last.

Brother, don't worry we would chat weekend. Hope you're prepared for the election. I am going to stream happenings live.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:01am On Mar 05, 2015
Emmanuelson:
hi guys, i will be done with my degree by november 2015 and i dont want to waste time as i plan to start my masters as early as 2016..mind you i have plans to skip the nysc( i dont know if that is possible ) but please guys i need answer to this and when is the best time to start the application for my masters program in the states....can the Nysc be skipped?? if yes...what are the chances of getting the visa at the embassy without NYSC certificate??
You can start searching for school and also start studying for standardized test as well to get yourself prepared. Early application is always the best, its usually first come first serve in most cases. You can start now.. Then aim for FALL ADMISSION, 2016 which normally resume in August.

The house will throw more light on this for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 05, 2015
Alright bro. Just tell me before hand(fb message would do) so I can go to the lab where I have access to internet.
Busquets' injury would be a big blow especially as barca has man city and madrid fixtues at hand.
slimmy05:
Pure Fan. smiley I had to leave the match for class. It was rough one. Montoya is still learning and the removal of Bosquet further worsen the situation. I am happy we won at last.

Brother, don't worry we would chat weekend. Hope you're prepared for the election. I am going to stream happenings live.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2015
ebdib:

reading 29
writing 28
speaking 28
listening 30

That was stellar! Congratulations! I managed to get 108. 29, 29 in R n W. 27 listening: my bladder was full @that point. So, I couldn't concentrate. Thought I Couldve done better. 23 S, worst section.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by xtus(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2015
Please house what is the cheapest school for someone to do nursing degree in United State. Please help me out with names of universities. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 05, 2015
xtus:
Please house what is the cheapest school for someone to do nursing degree in United State. Please help me out with names of universities. Thanks
am sure u will be told *google is ur friend*

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76