Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,321 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866381 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
OjaP:

You are fine. Many of us who are in the U.S still have accent.

The key to them hearing and understanding you is to speak clearly, slowly, and picking your words one by one. This shouldn't be a biggie.

Good luck.
owkay sir, I got your points. I.e. speaking clearly, slowly, and picking my words one by one.
Thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
aadeyi:

Interviews are one of the simplest thing I ever knew exists cos it's just a mere expression of yourself in whatever form it requires. But one thing you should never try to do is LIE! Just be prepared academically and be yourself. Be audible, smart and always ask them to come again when u think u r confused or u need a little time to think. Keeping quiet or the use of erm erm would not help you, instead give them the work to do by asking them to repeat their question and use ur naija sense to quickly think about ur response.

Most importantly SMILE!!!!! With the little time I have spent in the US, I got to know this is where u find the "fakest" smile. People want you to smile even if you are holding a gun to kill them. Each time you are not talking, put on your smile. I believe it's a walk - over for you anyway. Just put your guards together.
okay, thanks.
Although, I smile a lot and I believe that is also an added advantage for me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hello Family of Love,

Please to everybody that has taken their time to respond to my question, I'm so much grateful, Thank you and God bless you all.

With LOVE from me to you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunbobo11: 11:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
kennyrony:

You have a good GPA. But I will advice you write a standardised test. To have a better chance. All d best

Oh thanks man! What do u mean by standardized test sir!
Sorry I'm a novice in the graduate admission thing!
Help abeg!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunbobo11: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
Walspring:

You have a good cgpa and if you research and search via gradschools.com, am sure you will see a school of your choice.
All F1 visa can study and earn and you can also have TA/GA if you meet the school requirement

Thanks man! Will sure research on that site.
A few questions please!
How do you school fees? Per semester or by credit?
I read somewhere that 12 courses is the required to graduate and 3 credit is to a course... Does this affect payment ?
What's the max that might be sufficient for the first semester is that how it's paid?

Please don't see them as stupid questions but would help me a lot!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 19, 2015
sunbobo11:

Oh thanks man! What do u mean by standardized test sir!
Sorry I'm a novice in the graduate admission thing!
Help abeg!
GRE, SAT, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS.....just write the ones that suit your programme..

Since you're going for graduate programme, write GRE and TOEFL even if it isn't a requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 19, 2015
sunbobo11:

A few questions please!
I read somewhere that 12 courses is the required to graduate and 3 credit is to a course... Does this affect payment ?
What's the max that might be sufficient for the first semester is that how it's paid?

cc: Slimmy, zeezahbee, mystiqme, aadeyi, ojaP,ebdib,MsNas,Dotman2460 e.t.c
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunbobo11: 12:19am On Mar 19, 2015
profojah:

GRE, SAT, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS.....just write the ones that suit your programme..

Since you're going for graduate programme, write GRE and TOEFL even if it isn't a requirement

God bless!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 19, 2015
sunbobo11:

A few questions please!

Bro, I would have loved to break it into piece for easy understanding, but right now, there is this babe I've been timing for 4 weeks now, we just got talking and she on her way here. wink

Which course do you want to study?
Whats your undergraduate course and CGPA?
Do you have any state in mind (US)?
Are you ready and willing to write standard test?
Can you finance your graduate study? Are you interested in funding?

The response the questions would give be better knowledge of your profile. You are in the right place. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:09am On Mar 19, 2015
profojah:

cc: Slimmy, zeezahbee, mystiqme, aadeyi, ojaP,ebdib,MsNas,Dotman2460 e.t.c
sunbobo11:

A few questions please!

It's no stupid question at all.... Actually you pay per credit per semester. I.e. you are been charged per credit, credit in the US means unit. For example in naija we have 4units course, 3units course etc, here its called 4 credits, 3credits etc.

If your school charges let say $10 per credit for international students, then you will be paying $30 for a 3credit (3units as per naija) course. But been an International Student, you are not allowed to enrol in less than 12 credits per semester, you are only allowed to take more which is advisable so that you can finish ur study on time.

Note: Not all courses are 3credits oooo... We have 2 credits course and more. It all depends on your school and the discipline u r going for. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunbobo11: 7:11am On Mar 19, 2015
aadeyi:

It's no stupid question at all.... Actually you pay per credit per semester. I.e. you are been charged per credit, credit in the US means unit. For example in naija we have 4units course, 3units course etc, here its called 4 credits, 3credits etc.

If your school charges let say $10 per credit for international students, then you will be paying $30 for a 3credit (3units as per naija) course. But been an International Student, you are not allowed to enrol in less than 12 credits per semester, you are only allowed to take more which is advisable so that you can finish ur study on time.

Note: Not all courses are 3credits oooo... We have 2 credits course and more. It all depends on your school and the discipline u r going for. I hope this helps.

God bless u bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunbobo11: 7:12am On Mar 19, 2015
aadeyi:

God bless u bro!
Most schools I'm seeing are charging not less than 800/credit. Is there something cheaper?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunbobo11: 7:24am On Mar 19, 2015
slimmy05:
Bro, I would have loved to break it into piece for easy understanding, but right now, there is this babe I've been timing for 4 weeks now, we just got talking and she on her way here. wink

The response the questions would give be better knowledge of your profile. You are in the right place. cool

Enjoy your package and remember to use rain coat tho!
Answer to your questions;

Which course do you want to study? human resource management or Ms in Management with concentration on HRM. Depends on which ever I can find.

Whats your undergraduate course and CGPA? Human resource management and 3.78

Do you have any state in mind (US)? None yet on my mind.

Are you ready and willing to write standard test? Sure I am, just need info on which of them to write now since it has been broken down for me.

Can you finance your graduate study? Not for long cos I have limited cash saved overtime that's why I'm asking for the first payment and cost idea to have at hand to settle immediate things before things start kicking in like help from school or any other source. Maybe 1 or 2 semester fee would do or a full year etc and like how much is enough to establish myself just before any funding source comes in I hope u get.

Are you interested in funding? Yes if the opportunity is available and I merit it, I am ready to grade it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2015
Harveymadu abi wetin be your name? The plank wey justwise go take hammer your yansh still dey soaked for kerosene. You don see customer abi? BUT ko, IF ni.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2015
slimmy05:

winkwinkwink

grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2015
sunbobo11:

God bless u bro!
Most schools I'm seeing are charging not less than 800/credit. Is there something cheaper?

You might have to keep searching... Just make Google your best pal at the moment and check on funding options as well.. or probably mail the schools to ask for their funding options. Am sure you will definitely get something tangible if you can devout your time.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bobority: 12:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hello House, this question may sound somehow but i will appreciate your answers. Is it possible to get to the US for your masters and on getting there, you want to change to another school for some reasons. If yes, do you just go to the school and start the admission process yourself or how do you go about it. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
Bobority:
Hello House, this question may sound somehow but i will appreciate your answers. Is it possible to get to the US for your masters and on getting there, you want to change to another school for some reasons. If yes, do you just go to the school and start the admission process yourself or how do you go about it. Thanks
Very possible. But it advisable u get admission into the 2 school from Nigeria. Then wen u get der u go to d one u felt is ok 4 u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
aadeyi:

Nice write up bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sirriddy
I'm having trouble emailing your stuff. Do you have a Gmail account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
sure sir. sirriddy@gmail.com. Thanks.
ebdib:
Sirriddy
I'm having trouble emailing your stuff. Do you have a Gmail account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
sirRiddy:
sure sir. sirriddy@gmail.com. Thanks.
Check your mail tomorrow.. I sent something..thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
hELL0 house like to know if there are other nlanders who applied to texas a&m for fall 2015. The wait on this application is enervating. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2015
Alright I will bro
profojah:

Check your mail tomorrow.. I sent something..thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2015
dicapino:
hELL0 house like to know if there are other nlanders who applied to texas a&m for fall 2015. The wait on this application is enervating. Thanks
Dicapino baba...I'll send you someone's number, she's a friend I met at portharcourt sometimes ago, she also applied to Texas A&M (Ms Geology) fall'15..but she's always a guest reader on NL...check your mail..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
dicapino:
na wa o. keep calling them oo. are you expecting GA/TA/RA from them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
zeezahbee:
na wa o. keep calling them oo. are you expecting GA/TA/RA from them?

I definitely would need funding, but knowing weda some1 is admitted first is the koko abi. I contacted them sha...dey said they are making decisions anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 12:05am On Mar 20, 2015
dicapino:

I definitely would need funding, but knowing weda some1 is admitted first is the koko abi. I contacted them sha...dey said they are making decisions anyway.
dont put your eggs in one basket. keep sourcing for other schools. most of texas uni do not really give assistance until after the first semester

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 12:09am On Mar 20, 2015
University city. That will be great!
sqlerror:

Where in Philly re u? I do visit often. I am due to visit soon. Maybe we could hook up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by oloyeadeniyi(m): 12:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Hello house I need ur candid opinion. My bank insisted they are giving me one copy of account statement but I've applied to 4 schools. Is it wise to submit photocopy of bank statement to school in this kind of scenario?
Thank you as I await responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 12:42am On Mar 20, 2015
RexNdubest:
University city. That will be great!

I sent u a pm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.