Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868938 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
chrisezedei1987: Thanks for your contributions so far. Wished I have been here before now, it couldn't have gotten to this extent.
First, the scholarship letter is Genuinely from the office of the Hon. In the federal house, prepared, signed and dated by him but in the actual sense, he is not to pay my fees but he will be contributing. That's why he gave me the letter.
My Soa is genuine and verifiable, and that of my uncle too.

Please JabinodelaRatta will like us to talk more on my inbox. Really need you to go through my reviews and possibly make contributions. Am new in this NL don't really know whom to talk to, please if there are some gurus u can introduce me to, that will help me too. My email: chrisezedei@yahoo.com

i think what you are referring to as scholarship from your honorable should be a sponsorship letter if am not wrong. Because am just wondering what kind of scholarship is that. What's the scholarship for? What did you do to merit it? From your explanation, it sounded more like an arranged sponsorship letter from your honorable than a scholarship. Bro feel free to share your difficulties and challenges here. Everyone here is one Big Family. My advice for you is that you should be more open. Everyone here is willing to help and give you advice where necessary. Feel at home. You are at the right place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
slimmy05: Good choice. It would be very hard for a not earning applicant going for a vocational training without job awaiting you after completion.

Its like a training I would be going for, its a vocational training though but my profile was in line with the training. Visa wasn't an issue, its not US.

Try and boost your profile. I wish you all the very best.
The truth of the fact is, it'll take a miracle for him to get his visa because his information has to change greatly.

Let him reconsider going for a graduate program. M1 visa is really, really difficult if you're applying alone without a company supporting you. That is why I bowed for Stevo. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Stewee:

If you have a drives licence you could also do car rental for 24hrs. Its way cheaper.

if i have a driving licence, will i pay lesser if i take a bus or taxi? just curious.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 9:44pm On Sep 17, 2014
chrisezedei1987: .
I find it puzzling that you hide your post when you want people to help you out here. I am here now, how would I know what you are talking about?

Having red some parts of your story, Arrangee was involved especially that sponsorship letter from the Honourable. Then the cash flow of those accounts can be another issue.

Then confidence issues. My guy you have to convince them by sounding confident. Let them know you deserve it. From your transcript I read, you sound more like an immigrant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 9:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
exxy:

if i have a driving licence, will i pay lesser if i take a bus or taxi? just curious.

Like you want to rent a taxi or bus?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
osahons9:

Like you want to rent a taxi or bus?

yeah, taking a taxi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
Anyone has any info on the computer science programs for the following schools:

1. Arizona State University
2. Oregon State University
3. Kansas State University

I intend applying for a masters program next year. Anyone has someone that knows someone...whose friend is in any one of them grin or has tried them before. After doing my research, I just want to know if I could get first hand knowledge from my gurus here. Please attend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Anonymous1900: 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
tayoamos: I am presently in the USA on a B1B2 visa that will expire in a year time. I have gotten a university here I the USA where I will like to run my masters programme and they have agreed to give me the admission. Do I have to come back to Nigeria to get an F1 student visa, or can I get it done from here in the USA.
Please advice

Hello, You can actually change your visa from a b1/b2 to an f1 without going to Nigeria however there are some strict guidelines on the process. you have to file to adjust your status with uscis and you cant attend school for a day until the response of your filing comes (the caveat with that is you do not know how long it will take for uscis to respond to you, it could be weeks or months and your school might have already resumed so usually it is safer to go home, apply and then come back. It might be possible for you to adjust your status though if you just got into the us, you have several months before school resumption, and YOU ARE WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK.
find more details here

http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/special-instructions-b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school

you can send me a pm with your us mobile number and ill call you if there is anything you dont understand. I am in louisiana
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
i know there are nairalanders in newyork but they r just not responding.
just dont knw wats freak our peepz abt hiding from others or trying to keep to demself alone.its kind of annoying. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
great shout out to zeezahbee , she is such a darling.... kiss kiss kiss cheesy
tenks dear,printed my sevis receipt today.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
house, can i withdraw from my gtb domicilary account in the US.
Just curious.
Nevermind telling me to get a master card cos i already know of that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Anonymous1900: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hey Bro,

Sorry for the delay

First of all, like several people have said, nothing guarantees an acceptance or denial. Your third trial in few months might not be the best decision, since you have deferred your admission to spring, it might be a good idea to defer your interview till late october or november which gives you time to perfect your account statement. You can defer your interview by going online and request to adjust same way you booked appointment. You usually have about 2 opportunities to defer. In terms of perfecting your account, i mean having a stable account that does not show sudden large influxes that cannot be explained just before you print your statement and attend your interview. If your dad is working, a letter showing amount is earning monthly/annualy from employer could help as well as a letter stating he his sponsoring you AND if he his retired, his pension account statement for the past 3 months should suffice. please note if the funds in his account are so large and his pension or salary dont seem plausible to provide it, he would need to explain with a letter or documents of how those funds are obtained.

You should also request for a letter from your school stating the deferment and asking for any information or assistance they can provide to confirm your coming to the school (such as they dint require gre/gmat for your program)

Holla at me if you need more explanation or help
you
chrisezedei1987: .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello.... gurus. wanted to register for the gre. but ETS dosen't accept mastercard for Nigeria-got a GT mastercard. So bosses how can get around that?....

one other question, excluding cutoff gre scores for individual universities, what is an okay score for a Nigerian student to have a shot @ admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
dicapino: Hello.... gurus. wanted to register for the gre. but ETS dosen't accept mastercard for Nigeria-got a GT mastercard. So bosses how can get around that?....

one other question, excluding cutoff gre scores for individual universities, what is an okay score for a Nigerian student to have a shot @ admission?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
dicapino: Hello.... gurus. wanted to register for the gre. but ETS dosen't accept mastercard for Nigeria-got a GT mastercard. So bosses how can get around that?....

Register for paypal online. Add ur gtb mastercard, then get it verified and register for your test. Check the last 10 to 20 pages. You will see the procedures.

For the cut off 310
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
exxy:

yeah, taking a taxi

Don't know about that though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayoamos: 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Good morning Nairalanders and thanks all for ur wonderful time here. Pls I will need u guys/ladies to assist me here. I currently have a visiting visa to d US (B1/B2 category) and someone told me it is possible to change the status of the visa to student in d USA. Meanwhile the person does not ve a clue how she can help bt told me she has heard it done b4 in d US. Pls I will like people that ve either done this before or that ve heard or can be of help to comment on this. I will greatly appreciate all suggestions. Thanks and God bless everyone. God bless nairaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Registering is quite easy. Check https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/293#24718753

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by electronic(m): 12:16am On Sep 18, 2014
sirRiddy: Anyone has any info on the computer science programs for the following schools:

1. Arizona State University
2. Oregon State University
3. Kansas State University

I intend applying for a masters program next year. Anyone has someone that knows someone...whose friend is in any one of them grin or has tried them before. After doing my research, I just want to know if I could get first hand knowledge from my gurus here. Please attend.

ASU (lots of indians) and OSU are ambitious
So it depends on ur profile!!
GRE,UG gpa, SOP and Discipline etc.
Kansas seems okay

Note Computer Science is HOT CAKE! And the asians are not smiling cool
So ur profile must meet up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 18, 2014
UG of 3.64 out of 5.0, no research experience, computer science UG, GRE scheduled for december. I sent you a mail on the research thing and called you too. I have not received a reply yet. Your thoughts please
electronic:

ASU (lots of indians) and OSU are ambitious
So it depends on ur profile!!
GRE,UG gpa, SOP and Discipline etc.
Kansas seems okay

Note Computer Science is HOT CAKE! And the asians are not smiling cool
So ur profile must meet up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 12:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 18, 2014
Found this and thought it might be beneficial to a dummy like me:

Sample email to Professors in US for Research Assistantship:
http://aegedu.com/blog/sample-email-professors-research-assistantship/

I could not copy it because it was copyright protected.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 18, 2014
You are welcome.
dicapino:

thanks brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:21am On Sep 18, 2014
sirRiddy: UG of 3.64 out of 5.0, no research experience, computer science UG, GRE scheduled for december. I sent you a mail on the research thing and called you too. I have not received a reply yet. Your thoughts please

Sigh...
Well you could shoot for mid range schools.

Your gpa is low for top 20 schools. Except you blast your gre. When I say blast I mean 165+ quants. Because the Indians will easily get 166+ but your ace is verbal. They fumble badly in verbal

Arizona state is tough.
Check schools in the Midwest.
Kentucky. Indiana. Etc.

Research experience is a problem too.
Are you looking for just admission or funding?
That too could clear things up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 18, 2014

PayPal is now working in Nigeria, you van give it a try.
For GRE scores ,to have better chances of admission you have to make above 300. Also try and make nice mark in your TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 6:39am On Sep 18, 2014
Hello pals, is been a while.
Please house is it possible for someone; that got admitted for MSc in Chemistry at Ncat university north Carolina change his school and sevis fee to a low tuition diploma or certificate program in a college in California. Please is this possible. I need urgent answer house!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 18, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 18, 2014
Hello pals, in my first 5years in the US as a student will i receive a green card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 7:55am On Sep 18, 2014
Gevic: What's the total score of it

340. (170 quantitative, 170 verbal)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 7:58am On Sep 18, 2014
Gevic: Hello pals, in my first 5years in the US as a student will i receive a green card?

No sir. A resident alien you will remain till you get a job or "take her(Citizen) down the asle"

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.