Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866507 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
osahons9:

If you look at my previous post, I said a job (company files for you)(H-1b) but this doesn't make you a permanent resident. You just have a stay in the country while you work with the said company for the time specified.

Let me break it down....Na marriage dey end am or you leave their country for them.
You must not marry anyone to have a green card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gevic: This forum is meant for students who wants to study in the US. So what's the big deal if such a question is asked

Mr man don't be silly.
No one is your houseboy here.
If you can't get down and do some work for yourself don't expect anyone to answer your flimsy questions.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
ferdimako:
You must not marry anyone to have a green card.

See, I don't like it when people sugarcoat things. You get your residency after a while if you are working (H-1b). Then marriage is the end game.

Don't deceive people here. Their folks spend alot sending them there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am looking for both admission and funding. None of the schools I checked is on top 40. ASU is the highest ranked, being 48. GPA is already irreversible; I am preparing as hard as I can for the GRE, let's see how it goes. As for the research thing, will a couple of months as a volunteer research boy for a university lecturer cut it after school? And must one publish papers? For MSc? tongue...Guys, please contribute angry
ebdib:

Sigh...
Well you could shoot for mid range schools.

Your gpa is low for top 20 schools. Except you blast your gre. When I say blast I mean 165+ quants. Because the Indians will easily get 166+ but your ace is verbal. They fumble badly in verbal

Arizona state is tough.
Check schools in the Midwest.
Kentucky. Indiana. Etc.

Research experience is a problem too.
Are you looking for just admission or funding?
That too could clear things up.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayoamos: 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
The only is more certain to get a green card is by marriage to a USA citizen
Also, if u run your masters and thn your Ph.D, certainly u will be given some time to work, and while u re working, in am pretty sure u will get your work place file for u for green card. Once you get a green card, 10 years after, you pick up your american passport ( citizenship)
But marrying an american is faster.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
osahons9:

If you look at my previous post, I said a job (company files for you)(H-1b) but this doesn't make you a permanent resident. You just have a stay in the country while you work with the said company for the time specified.

Let me break it down....Na marriage dey end am or you leave their country for them.

Most good companies file Employment-based(EB) green cards along with or after filing H1-B..takes time, depending on your EB category
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
osahons9:

Don't know about that though

ok thanks bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
streetMic: LMAO...U no go like that kind trip. too Long.

ok bro, thanks. I go call u soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
ebdib:

Very long journey. Lol

@exxy are you going to ole miss?

my oga, i hail, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Go Join d military Automatic Citizenship
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
osahons9:

See, I don't like it when people sugarcoat things. You get your residency after a while if you are working (H-1b). Then marriage is the end game.

I have two friends with their green cards...no marriage.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mckenziii: Go Join d military Automatic Citizenship
U must be a LPR or USc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
ferdimako:
U must be a LPR or USc.

Actually You can join with an F-1 visa after two years....and yeah marriage is not the only way.I have friends too who are citizens.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
ebdib:

Mr man don't be silly.
If you can't get down and do some work for yourself don't expect anyone to answer your flimsy questions.
Ebdid...please, take it easy. Okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 9:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
ebdib:

Mr man don't be silly.
Heya! Ebdib...please take it easy. Okay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by moneybag100: 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello house...does writing and passing sat add or guarantee to visa success rate...thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayoamos: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls, can I find any school that run masters in mph in the USA that the tuitn fee for the yeas is around 5000 USD per year?
Also, can someone take a leave of absence after the first years of the masters to husslee for work ?
And can the leave of absence be for 2 years ?
Answers pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
exxy:

my oga, i hail, thanks

I have a friend in oxford, MS. He's not a nairalander though.
University of Mississippi. Ie ole miss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 10:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
osahons9:

You're kidding right? Marriage is not the only way to get a green card and consequently a blue passport. You can have you employer file a work based Green Card for you (You don't even need to go the OPT and H1B route of they file a Green Card for you). After a few years, then you can apply for a passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
decreamaster: i know there are nairalanders in newyork but they r just not responding.
just dont knw wats freak our peepz abt hiding from others or trying to keep to demself alone.its kind of annoying. angry

Oga, this attitude of yours wouldn't help you. I understand the need to have those you can relate with but understand you can't force people to talk toyou. Just be patient and those who are willing will get in touch.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
MsNas:
You're kidding right? Marriage is not the only way to get a green card and consequently a blue passport. You can have you employer file a work based Green Card for you (You don't even need to go the OPT and H1B route of they file a Green Card for you). After a few years, then you can apply for a passport.

Did I say it was the only way? I never said so. I said either a job or marriage. Don't get me wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
osahons9:

Did I say it was the only way? I never said so. I said either a job or marriage. Don't get me wrong.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said marriage is the end game.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
MsNas:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said marriage is the end game.

Most likely. Maybe I should have put it in a better way. I have spoken to alot of people in the us and some in the UK too. Most people end up being married (legal or arrangee). Well, they might be wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by winbyforce: 12:25am On Sep 19, 2014
tayoamos: Pls, can I find any school that run masters in mph in the USA that the tuitn fee for the yeas is around 5000 USD per year?
Also, can someone take a leave of absence after the first years of the masters to husslee for work ?
Answers pls
Some public health schools in the Texas area are quite cheap. Alabama also,I think. You can use princetonreview.com to compare prices. I'm not so sure about the $5k per session though. Theoretically, leave of absence of 2yrs should be possible. You'd have to discuss that with your boss. Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 1:17am On Sep 19, 2014
osahons9:

Marriage isn't the end game. An H-1B qualifies you for a green card however, it takes close to 6 years working with a single employer while for those who are into lecturing I.e. PhD holders, it takes a much shorter while.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:00am On Sep 19, 2014
tayoamos: The only is more certain to get a green card is by marriage to a USA citizen
Also, if u run your masters and thn your Ph.D, certainly u will be given some time to work, and while u re working, in am pretty sure u will get your work place file for u for green card. Once you get a green card, 10 years after, you pick up your american passport ( citizenship)
But marrying an american is faster.
And what would happen to your boyfriend/girlfriend back home?....smh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:03am On Sep 19, 2014
moneybag100: Hello house...does writing and passing sat add or guarantee to visa success rate...thanks.
Nothing automatically guarantees your visa approval. It only improves your chances.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:05am On Sep 19, 2014
tayoamos: Pls, can I find any school that run masters in mph in the USA that the tuitn fee for the yeas is around 5000 USD per year?
Answers pls
Why not pick up an on-campus job or work well (so as to have a good GPA) in your first year so you can get assistantship for the second?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:15am On Sep 19, 2014
decreamaster: i know there are nairalanders in newyork but they r just not responding.
just dont knw wats freak our peepz abt hiding from others or trying to keep to demself alone.its kind of annoying. angry
Sorry bro. But if you know any nairalander there, why not send him/her a private message. I think that would help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:17am On Sep 19, 2014
sirRiddy: UG of 3.64 out of 5.0, no research experience, computer science UG, GRE scheduled for december. I sent you a mail on the research thing and called you too. I have not received a reply yet. Your thoughts please
Are you going for a PhD?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:23am On Sep 19, 2014
slimmy05: You've been asking some lazy questions. These are things you can find out yourself. Stop being lazy and use google.com
But do you know some lazy peeps will neither assent nor acquiesce to the fact that they are?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:35am On Sep 19, 2014
Gevic: This forum is meant for students who wants to study in the US. So what's the big deal if such a question is asked
The 1st part of your statement is right. But for the second part, you might not be totally right. As a real student, you need not be spoon-fed in everything. Please, always try to get simple/cardinal info yourself. That's why you have google. Then, come on here to ask further questions that may seem inscrutable. Asking for GRE and TOEFL obtainable score here sound farcical and risible. And it doesn't portend you've done any 'homework' or research yourself. It is well Bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.