Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,329 members, 7,954,332 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55664 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 25, 2014
OgologoDimkpa:
Don't mind them?
They are just cowards and must be treated as such.

All theses APC Mofos are blaming it on GEJ angry
You should rather blame the government for not providing good weapons. The soldiers themselves said it "give us good weapons and we will fight boko haram with our whole heart".

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
oluwato69sin: your name speaks for itself

#Classic bro.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Therefore, is anyone surprised that APC e-goats are having a feast on this thread?

Anyway, since the new APC song is that Boko Haram is "better armed" than the Nigerian Army, let no one cry foul of genocide or human right abuses when the Nigerian Army turn the heat on those demons and their sympathisers.

Here comes the Captain of the NL chapter of TAN with his putrid commentaries

As much as we want the Nigerian Army to make an example with BH and any civilian collaborators no matter how high up in the society including those the President says he knows and have infiltrated his Government......do well to help tell them also to do all within the ambit of civility

Let them not out of transferred aggression take on civilian populace like they are wont to do anytime the heat is turned on them......Palmgrove Soldier/BRT saga comes to mind

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by cirmuell(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
court-martial for what reason in the first place? Because they refused to go fight boko haram without proper ammunition. I think this even worse for the military.
Anyways i don't want to talk more about the military before they turn their venom on me. "they do civilians best"
yeah it's bad...what i hate is what the media is making it look like. Not many will see your post now, they still believe those guys fled 'cause of encounter with BH.

Lol @ "they do civilians best"

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Sagamite(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ibnsultan01: "@BBCAfrica: 480 #Nigerian soldiers have defected to #Cameroon. They are being taken to the northern city of Maroua."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28927898

This was what was happening in North East before Chibok girls while our person, Gorilla President was telling us that Boko Haram was being destroyed.

Is it our rag-tag, group-of-thugs, useless, dumb, illiterate, murderous army which only knows how to harass and kill unarmed civilians that would defeat Boko Haram?

GEJ till 10899!

8 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bookface: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
It is more than heart wrenching to read news such as this.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by komekn(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Ozonna: Sincerely speaking, President Gej isn't handling this war against boko haram well at all. Sir you need to tell the service chiefs to retake every territory under the control of the terrorists within 30 days or face sack.

People who are clamouring for new equipments, can't you guys see how we keep donating our tanks to the insurgents without demobilising the equipments? One day we'll hear how we donated our one and only Alfa jet to them (with the most experienced pilot as jara). This is no longer about equipments.

There is more to this war than meets the eye.

Ozonna,

I remain anonymous but I do have a fairly decent amount of experiential knowledge in this subject area. The tank in question is a T55 essentially 1960 's tech. armour is not clearly effective against RPG7 or sustained 20mm fire, your advantage is in engaging Boko at distance of which its not that accurate against fast moving targets as it 100mm gun is not stabilised, and I am talking about a tank in top serviceable condition. Furthermore they are slow, most likely poorly serviced spare parts not available as they are essentially obsolete. and I suspect we did not deploy them in enough numbers to give us any kind of advantage.

In all honesty these armoured vehicles we have deployed are outdated don't have precision weapons stations and target acquisition software, for example a Boxster and or Patria MRAV with a remote weapons station even at night could acquire multiple target with 100% accuracy at 1.5km and beyond essentially take out 10 technicals before they even got near to 500metres. Furthermore, it could got toe to toe with a Boko technical and take hits without any penetration of its armour even RPG7s.

The Otokar Cobra which we use in frontal assaults is a Light armoured vehicle will not take hits from a 50cal and will be ripped open by a 20mm or above on those technicals. Not surprisingly we opted for the most basic model almost zero electronic interfacing, that's why they can be captured and we can't track them.

If you capture a US, French etc vehicle you have just set yourself up to be laser bombed and or Excaliber artillery shelled to your 73 virgins, furthermore all your movements communications incl. satellite wil be tracked and you will be at serious disadvantage. This is what modern fit for purpose linked in assets give you.

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by WildChild00(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Therefore, is anyone surprised that APC e-goats are having a feast on this thread?

Anyway, since the new APC song is that Boko Haram is "better armed" than the Nigerian Army, let no one cry foul of genocide or human right abuses when the Nigerian Army turn the heat on those demons and their sympathisers.

APC men and women in NL hv taking over the thread, not one not two, alll...
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
maclatunji:

No need, that would be bringing you down to his level of pathetic, abysmal, contemptible inept thinking and mindlessness.
i won't .
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Seun(m): 5:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
maclatunji: #LWKMD
He is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria isn't he? Keep rationalising incompetence and failure that you would not condone in your own business.
That does not logically follow from what I'm saying. I'm saying that it makes no sense for GEJ to fail at his job on purpose. It's one thing to say that his efforts are not effective and quite another thing to say he doesn't care. It makes no political sense for him not to care. Even if he truly doesn't care on a personal level, he must surely care that his continued failure to beat Boko Haram is destroying him politically.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Litmus: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
If true then the Nigerian penchant for blaming everything on government, facilitated recently by social media, plaid a leading role. People no longer assume responsibility for their own personal growth or failure because political interest conveniently excuses them by laying the problem at the feet of the pertinent Government. Thus, armed rubbers only do so because the government created no jobs; the young men raped those girls because the government rapes the nation daily; the soldiers fled the war-front because the country under the government is not worth dying for, etc, etc.

Is it a wonder then that in this atmosphere no one has personal pride or shame? Everyone feels justified in doing whatever pleases theme safe in the knowledge that the government or authority of the day will pick up the blame. It is in this respect that soldiers wives felt justified in protesting and questioning army postings and choice of weapons and Soldiers felt that they can take to the social media to moan and solicit sympathy. Overzealous criticism and mass empowerment by social media is crating a feckless, disloyal, juvenile and irresponsible generation. The whole phenomena deserves sociological study.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by chinex276(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
Okay! Even if nobody is saying dis i am saying it.

GOODLUCK EBELE AZIKIWE JONATHAN TILL MIKEL WINS USIAN BOLT IN A 100 METRE RACE.
#Haters can continue hating 4 all i care#

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2014
Obiagelli:
i think the latter is even worse. Its frightening.

It is, many people do not understand the implications. It is an army defeating itself https://www.nairaland.com/1864235/true-story-army-defeated-itself

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by cirmuell(m): 5:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe: GEJ is a "very dangerous President"?
experimentist: bro, you mean 'a mad man with a lighter in filling station'
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by WildChild00(m): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
That does not logically follow from what I'm saying. I'm saying that it makes no sense for GEJ to fail at his job on purpose. It's one thing to say that his efforts are not effective and quite another thing to say he doesn't care. It makes no political sense for him not to care. Even if he truly doesn't care on a personal level, he must surely care that his continued failure to beat Boko Haram is destroying him politically.

:d :d :d Nice one, more of dis....
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
What leads you to believe that he is not bothered? Do you live in his household? Do you regularly attend national security meetings?

What makes you think he wants to weaken the army? Hasn't he been raising their budget? Why'd he deliberately destroy his own credibility?

Save your homily for a fool.....

What has been the effect of the several security meetings and trillions of naira which doesn't trickle down to the rank and file who are the ones on the battle front

Wherein majority of the money is embezzled and the President will not want to ruffle any feather due to morbid fear of the Generals who have been feeding fat on these monies but will rather ease them off quietly,only to appoint new set of service chiefs who will continue the cycle of malfeseance

We need results and not the silly conspiracy theories of you Jonathanians which is majorly aimed at deflecting people's mind from the real issues

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by komekn(m): 5:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:

GEJ is the CIC the buck stops with him, people don't plan to be incompetent , clueless failures some just are even when they try their best, their best is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH

8 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:

Let me tell you what he cares about: Remaining in power as President, the whole country might as well burn as long as he is president and enjoys all the perks of government.

The logic is simple: no matter how calamitous the occurrence is, as long as it does not threaten to remove him from power, he will not be bothered about it. I am not a politician but God knows that Boko Haram would be singing Ras Kimono's "Under Pressure" if I had the resources at his disposal. #Nonsense

11 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2014
oluwato69sin: your name speaks for itself
Buahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by dustydee: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2014
I am not a fan conspiracy theory but I am tempted to think that the government is deliberately trying to sabotage the military.
These soldiers keep crying out to the world that they are not well equipped while the military top brass counters by saying it is not true, adding the military has every thing it needs. The president goes to the national assembly to seek for funds and the Military Generals reiterate that they are well equipped. Meanwhile Boko Haram is slowly advancing into the country and we keep hearing of desertions. I suspect that it has something to do with the 2015 elections. The trick may be cause chaos in the oppositions' possible strong holds so that elections will not be held in those places and then capitalise on that to win the elections. I suspect this because even if the president does not posses the leadership qualities need to lead this country, it is evident to the even a secondary school student that these guys need to be motivated in as many ways as possible. A good leader will demand accountability and results from the Generals for all the resources being put into this war against terror. Again this is just what has been on my mind these past few days.

God bless Nigeria and raise for us a good leader.

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by maclatunji: 5:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

Ozonna,

I remain anonymous but I do have a fairly decent amount of experiential knowledge in this subject area. The tank in question is a T55 essentially 1960 's tech. armour is not clearly effective against RPG7 or sustained 20mm fire, your advantage is in engaging Boko at distance of which its not that accurate against fast moving targets as it 100mm gun is not stabilised, and I am talking about a tank in top serviceable condition. Furthermore they are slow, most likely poorly serviced spare parts not available as they are essentially obsolete. and I suspect we did not deploy them in enough numbers to give us any kind of advantage.

In all honesty these armoured vehicles we have deployed are outdated don't have precision weapons stations and target acquisition software, for example a Boxster and or Patria MRAV with a remote weapons station even at night could acquire multiple target with 100% accuracy at 1.5km and beyond essentially take out 10 technicals before they even got near to 500metres. Furthermore, it could got toe to toe with a Boko technical and take hits without any penetration of its armour even RPG7s.

The Otokar Cobra which we use in frontal assaults is a Light armoured vehicle will not take hits from a 50cal and will be ripped open by a 20mm or above on those technicals. Not surprisingly we opted for the most basic model almost zero electronic interfacing, that's why they can be captured and we can't track them.

If you capture a US, French etc vehicle you have just set yourself up to be laser bombed and or Excaliber artillery shelled to your 73 virgins, furthermore all your movements communications incl. satellite wil be tracked and you will be at serious disadvantage. This is what modern fit for purpose linked in assets give you.

#CHAI, you are adding to my depression.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by azimibraun: 5:41pm On Aug 25, 2014
time for the military to take over.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ela59: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
donphilopus:

That's the problem the NA is having. People now feel joining the Army is now a means of employment. They no longer join them to serve their fatherland!
That was the little wisdom his brain can create.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Pennywise(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:

Say something reasonable or keep shut.

Everyone is saying Jonathan lacks the capacity to make the tough calls expected of a leader as a result, people are dying unnecessarily and you are here playing word games?

8 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

Ozonna,

I doff my hat for your erudition in this subject matter....now we should ask ourselves since 2010 when GEJ as they claimed inherited all these obsolete equipment.....what has he done with all the trillions so far spent in the name of defence budget

You knew you had a blunt cutlass and you headed into a deep forest to hew down a mahogany......

How are we sure that the 1billion dollars he is requesting for will not be embezzled or used to procure refurbished or phased out military hardwares as is synonymous with the corrupt PDP Presidency. Because i know for a fact the contract for those equipment are not going to be sourced directly from defence companies abroad but through 3rd party defence contractors on the recommendation of politicians

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by deavicky(m): 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2014
olapluto: 480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.
what is ur problem, will Jonathan put on uniform to figth boko boys? Did Jonathan sold some existing Nigeria Army armour or did he stop them from using their armour, or has Jonathan stop recruiting soldiers or stop buying Armour for Army. I don't understand what u mean by jonathan is weaken Nigeria Army. And for Jonathan handing over next year don't think of it because, if it tries to happen my brother every Nigeria will feel the heat.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
dustydee: I am not a fan conspiracy theory but I am tempted to think that the government is deliberately trying to sabotage the military.
These soldiers keep crying out to the world that they are not well equipped while the military top brass counters by saying it is not true, adding the military has every thing it needs. The president goes to the national assembly to seek for funds and the Military Generals reiterate that they are well equipped. Meanwhile Boko Haram is slowly advancing into the country and we keep hearing of desertions. I suspect that it has something to do with the 2015 elections. The trick may be cause chaos in the oppositions' possible strong holds so that elections will not be held in those places and then capitalise on that to win the elections. I suspect this because even if the president does not posses the leadership qualities need to lead this country, it is evident to the even a secondary school student that these guys need to be motivated in as many ways as possible. A good leader will demand accountability and results from the Generals for all the resources being put into this war against terror. Again this is just what has been on my mind these past few days.

God bless Nigeria and raise for us a good leader.
Forget consporacies. Its just incompetence, corruption, bureaucracy, nepotism....the list is endless. There is no conspiracy by generator coys to keep Nigeria in darkness, its corruption, pipe line vandalisation and looting of the power budget that are keeping us in darkness. Same with education, transportation and all the other facets of our national life. Nigeria cannot defeat boko haram because of our systemic issues. Just like obasanjo's $16 billion power budget is unaccounted for and Nigeria remains in darkness, Jonathan's $14 billion defence budget remains unaccounted for and Boko haram is gaining territory. Its a systemic problem!

9 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by komekn(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2014
maclatunji:

#CHAI, you are adding to my depression.

Sorry I cry for my country but this is the bitter TRUTH.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by skyfall: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:

You don't seem to understand how low his thinking faculty is. It's someone who sees and understands a problem that can solve it.

Do you know what he referred to Boko Haram's violence as when discussing with Obama? He said "an embarrassment!" Not a tragedy, not even a crime. Your president things like a little child. Obasanjo will not die well for gifting us with this disaster called Jonathan.

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by komekn(m): 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:
Forget consporacies. Its just incompetence, corruption, bureaucracy, nepotism....the list is endless. There is no conspiracy by generator coys to keep Nigeria in darkness, its corruption, pipe line vandalisation and looting of the power budget that are keeping us in darkness. Same with education, transportation and all the other facets of our national life. Nigeria cannot defeat boko haram because of our systemic issues. Just like obasanjo's $16 billion power budget is unaccounted for and Nigeria remains in darkness, Jonathan's $14 billion defence budget remains unaccounted for and Boko haram is gaining territory. Its a systemic problem!

TRUE TALK

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by lorRhyMeZ: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Imagine the shame! I can't believe such a thing is happening during our generation..what would I tell my grand children yet unborn?
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Pangea: 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Jonathan! see your life naa! angry

Where is the useless Pastor Bosun that said Goodluck is Nigerian saviour?

Bloody bagger!! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets President Tinubu In Paris (Picture) / "The Satanic Trinity Of El-Rufai, His Son And His Wife" By Reno Omokri / Labour Party Wins Big At Airport Staff School Enugu - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.