Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (55402 Views)

Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Massive Tension In Mubi: Soldiers Flee As Boko Haram Invades / Gwoza Town Fall To Boko Haram As Soldiers Flee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by ntyce(m): 5:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
For all I think, GEJ may be working assiduously to eradicating BH, but the cohorts he has surrounding him are his no. 1 enemy.
With an event like this, before the end of the week , sack/resignation letters shld be handed over.
But not in Nigeria, they feel so comfortable blaming opposition and foreign media (Tariq Aziz of Iraq comes to mind).
By the time the entire North East of the country is declared a Caliphate and BH army starts moving towards the North Central, then we will know whaat we are in for as a country.

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
skyfall:
Obasanjo will not die well for gifting us with this disaster called Jonathan

I just said a resounding AMEN to your prayer.......He intentionally gave us both a dying Umoru and an ultra-mega incompetent Jonathan who has almost succeeded in turning Nigeria into such a joke amongst the comity of nations with his cluelessness

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by MARKone(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04: Saw the video this morning. Towards the end, there were Nigerian soldiers on one hill running away from the boko haram fighters. Really scary video. At the rate these guys are fighting, won't be long till they reach Lagos. They're really good fighters. Then we'll all have to flee as refugees to benin or even ghana

They are not good fighters, disorganised teenagers clutching assault rifles, but highly motivated, which makes them very dangerous

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by komekn(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
deavicky: what is ur problem, will Jonathan put uniform to figth boko boys? Did Jonathan sold some existing Nigeria Army armour or stop them from using their armour, or has Jonathan stop recruiting soldiers. I don't understand what u mean by jonathan is weaken Nigeria Army. And for Jonathan handing over next year don't think of it because if it tries to happen my brother every Nigeria will feel the heat.

GEJ is the C In C, the buck stops with him , if he hasn't got the BALL, HEART, LIVER add to that the STRATEGIC UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE to deliver the contractual obligation of the dividends democracy to the Nigerian people NO SHAME he should step down.

5 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by hansad: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2014
olapluto: 480!!! WOW!
Well, when they wont get salary on time, have to beg for bullets, and not assured of their family welfare in case they die in action, I dont blame them.
But 480 is an alarmingly high number. The president is not even bothered. He is setting a very very very disturbing precedence here in Nigeria. Never have we had so many deserters.
It is a shame that in a time of war, our leaders are weakening our army.
I fear that by the time GEJ hands over (hopefully next year), he may not have more than 32 states to hand over. Systematic disintegration of Nigeria is going on under a president that is happy to weaken the army to prevent a coup d'etat rather than equip the army to maintain territorial integrity of the country.
Nigerian soldiers desert because they are being sabotaged by insiders for B/Haram. Not because they are not well-equiped. In Gworza, police were asked by superior to drop their AK 47 rifles - more than 200 in number. Immediately after the drop, B/Haram collected all the weapons. Continue to deceive gullible others who do not understand that your lot are marching every Nigerian towards the Islamic Republic of Nigeria. Part of your lot's campaign tricks to get one Islamic Republic of Nigeria is to persuade confused Nigerians to lay every blame on what is wrong with Nigeria on shoeless Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by eaglechild: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Cameroun undecided
Please wake me up when you have a better story.
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by tit(f): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
komekn:

Ozonna,

I remain anonymous but I do have a fairly decent amount of experiential knowledge in this subject area. The tank in question is a T55 essentially 1960 's tech. armour is not clearly effective against RPG7 or sustained 20mm fire, your advantage is in engaging Boko at distance of which its not that accurate against fast moving targets as it 100mm gun is not stabilised, and I am talking about a tank in top serviceable condition. Furthermore they are slow, most likely poorly serviced spare parts not available as they are essentially obsolete. and I suspect we did not deploy them in enough numbers to give us any kind of advantage.

In all honesty these armoured vehicles we have deployed are outdated don't have precision weapons stations and target acquisition software, for example a Boxster and or Patria MRAV with a remote weapons station even at night could acquire multiple target with 100% accuracy at 1.5km and beyond essentially take out 10 technicals before they even got near to 500metres. Furthermore, it could got toe to toe with a Boko technical and take hits without any penetration of its armour even RPG7s.

The Otokar Cobra which we use in frontal assaults is a Light armoured vehicle will not take hits from a 50cal and will be ripped open by a 20mm or above on those technicals. Not surprisingly we opted for the most basic model almost zero electronic interfacing, that's why they can be captured and we can't track them.

If you capture a US, French etc vehicle you have just set yourself up to be laser bombed and or Excaliber artillery shelled to your 73 virgins, furthermore all your movements communications incl. satellite wil be tracked and you will be at serious disadvantage. This is what modern fit for purpose linked in assets give you.

From the little we know of the NA, do you think they can run target acquisition software in battlefield conditions?
You say the T-55 is no good, but Bh capture it and tun it into a lethal machine.

So far the NA has been so useless that i refuse to believe they can be so brainless.
It looks like their idea of deployment is to send some men with ak-47s to stand around. no thought as to what the enemy they would come against will be armed with. Even the 2003 Iraqi army learned how to neuter US heat seeking equipment in 24 hours. The NA cannot be so useless, i like to kid myself they are being sabotaged from within.

While waiting for the boxters, how difficult is it to get them technicals with AA guns? The quick win would be to restore NA traditional advantage of numbers: provide them with hundreds of technicals.
The days of the dog-soldier are coming to an end.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
Sagamite:

This was what was happening in North East before Chibok girls while our person, Gorilla President was telling us that Boko Haram was being destroyed.

Is it our rag-tag, group-of-thugs, useless, dumb, illiterate, murderous army which only knows how to harass and kill unarmed civilians that would defeat Boko Haram?

GEJ till 10899!
God will continue in his infinite mercy continue to rule ur life and ur whole generation to come the same way Gej is ruling the affair of this country,shameless slowpoke,he's busy looting ur generation and here u are supporting him pple like u make me siick

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by komekn(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
hansad: Nigerian soldiers desert because they are being sabotaged by insiders for B/Haram. Not because they are not well-equiped. In Gworza, police were asked by superior to drop their AK 47 rifles - more than 200 in number. Immediately after the drop, B/Haram collected all the weapons. Continue to deceive gullible others who do not understand that your lot are marching every Nigerian towards the Islamic Republic of Nigeria. Part of your lot's campaign tricks to get one Islamic Republic of Nigeria is to persuade confused Nigerians to lay every blame on what is wrong with Nigeria on shoeless Jonathan.

Information not substantiated is HEARSAY and therefore RUBBISH if you disagree where's your evidence

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 5:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
MARKone:

They are not good fighters, disorganised teenagers clutching assault rifles, but highly motivated, which makes them very dangerous
Eventually its the person who's not dead or running that's the better fighter, who cares how old he is or what his motivation is undecided
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by skyfall: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
God will continue in his infinite mercy continue to rule ur life and ur whole generation to come the same way Gej is ruling the affair of this country,shameless slowpoke,he's busy looting ur generation and here u are supporting him pple like u make me siick

Common, he's being sarcastic.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
Lol friendly fire. Next time read the entire post not just the postscript which you even took out of context.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Freest(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
Gbawe:

This is what has gained GEJ uniform condemnation from virtually all his peers worldwide while his brainwashed fans talk and attack everyone, including a mere journalist like Isha Sesay, as if the world is deliberately against their oga. Even as this allegation is not verified, I would not be surprised if this turns out to be true because many unprecedented and terrible developments, such as that claimed here, are the outcome of the kind of callous self-servitude and corruption GEJ is working with even the worst despot like Abacha did not display.

GEJ is literally destroying every Nigerian institution with his myopic greed and lust for power at all cost. He has virtually bankrupted Nigeria buying support he assumes will help him remain in power. He has, to the detriment of Nigeria, been capitulating to political blackmailers and extortionists from day one and since he was sworn in as acting President !!! Why will we not witness the destruction and dismantling of the Nigerian Army when $18 billion disbursed to strengthen our Army's capability against Boko Haram was embezzled under GEJ? When the money that is to be used to defend the nation is looted (something we did not even see under the worst dictators) then what else do Nigerians need to see to note , as many have stated already, that GEJ is a "very dangerous President"?
Kindly shut up... Dats d most respectful way i can say dat!!!
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 5:58pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:
Lol friendly fire. Next time read the entire post not just the postscript which you even took out of context.
sorry I forgive u bro
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Seun(m): 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
skyfall: You don't seem to understand how low his thinking faculty is. It's someone who sees and understands a problem that can solve it. Do you know what he referred to Boko Haram's violence as when discussing with Obama? He said "an embarrassment!"
I'm not saying that GEJ is solving the problem effectively. I'm saying that he certainly wants to solve it. People are going too far when they insinuate that he is deliberately failing. If he sees the it as an embarrassment, then surely he would want to end the embarrassment, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by skyfall: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:

Lol @Friendly fire. Hope it didn't result in casualty.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:

He is not supporting GEJ......Infact he just rained a trailer-load of ballistic missile against his bootlickers in that comment

Read it again.....

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
bayulll01:
sorry I forgive u bro
Lol forgive me? What dd i do? grin

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by experimentist: 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
cirmuell: grin grin grin grin
bro, Y u dey quote me like dat na? No be me talk am o.. Na Gov. Aliyu of Niger State talk so..
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:00pm On Aug 25, 2014
duni04:
Lol forgive me? What dd i do? grin
I mean forgive me
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
skyfall:

Lol @Friendly fire. Hope it didn't result in casualty.
Lol we should ask Sagamite
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
I'm not saying that GEJ is solving the problem effectively. I'm saying that he certainly wants to solve it. People are going too far when they insinuate that he is deliberately failing. If he sees the it as an embarrassment, then surely he would want to end the embarrassment, right?

You overestimate his sense of shame.

"America will know." - Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, 2014

6 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
soroptimist:

He is not supporting GEJ......Infact he just rained a trailer-load of ballistic missile against his bootlickers in that comment

Read it again.....
don't mind me jawe am just pained for those morronn supporting the uselesss man,bro forgive me jawee

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by skyfall: 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:

What you do to end an embarrassment is a child's play compared to what you need to do to get rid of terrorism. But the meaning of all these is that he has no business being the president of a country albeit a complex one like Nigeria.

But you know what? He wants 4 more years, and probably more.

2 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Ekundayo7: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2014
tit:

From the little we know of the NA, do you think they can run target acquisition software in battlefield conditions?
You say the T-55 is no good, but Bh capture it and tun it into a lethal machine.

So far the NA has been so useless that i refuse to believe they can be so brainless.
It looks like their idea of deployment is to send some men with ak-47s to stand around. no thought as to what they enemy they would come against will be armed with. Even the 2003 Iraqi army learned how to neuter US heat seeking equipment with 24 hours. The NA cannot be so useless, i like to kid myself they are being sabotaged from within.

While waiting for the boxters, how difficult is it to get them technicals with AA guns? The quick win would be to restore NA traditional advantage of numbers: provide them with hundreds of technicals.
The days of the dog-soldier are coming to an end.

I feel so sorry for these poor soldiers...either there is a very serious underfunding and corruption; Boko sympathizers are in top command posts; or, Nigerian's lack of well balanced nutrition from an early age has truly left the nation populated with imbeciles. These soldiers are being asked to lay their lives on the line for this nation-the very least this pigging thieving GEJ can do is not chop the NA army and make sure system is in place to see that weapons acquisition arrive in hands. God bless these soldiers and protect them o Ase.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 6:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
If he knew how to, and that's the problem.

1 Like

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duncan511: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
ALL IS WELL
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by Amya(f): 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
Litmus: If true then the Nigerian penchant for blaming everything on government facilitated recently by social media plaid a leading part. People no longer assume responsibility for their own personal growth or failure because political interest will conveniently excuse you by laying the problem at the feet of Government. Thus, armed rubbers only do so because the government created no jobs; the young men raped those girls because the government rapes the nation daily; the soldiers fled the war-front because the country under the government is not worth dying for, etc, etc.

Is it a wonder then that in this atmosphere no one has personal pride or shame. Everyone feel justified to do whatever they like because the government or authority will pick up the blame. It is in this respect that soldiers wives felt authorized d to protest and Soldiers feel that they can take to the social media to moan and seek sympathy

You mirror my thought! Unfortunate for us as a people who never once acknowledge that the government is just a reflection of the masses, and we can never have a good government if majority of the people who make up the country are dishonest, dubious, fraudsters, corrupt, blackmailer e.t.c The honest truth is that the problem of Nigeria is not chiefly the government, but the people in general. We should stop expecting a miracle as the underlying rot will always be there if we don't take it out individual no matter who's in power.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by duni04(m): 6:07pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amya:

You mirror my thought! Unfortunate for us as a people who never once acknowledge that the government is just a reflection of the masses, and we can never have a good government if majority of the people who make up the country are dishonest, dubious, fraudsters, corrupt, blackmailer e.t.c The honest truth is that the problem of Nigeria is not chiefly the government, but the people in general. We should stop expecting a miracle as the underlying rot will always be there if we don't take it out individual no matter who's in power.
Holistic view, very true.

4 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by bayulll01(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
Seun:
seun why are u like this,as a big celeb that people look up to u can utter such statement,u mean the whole cluelessness in all sector did not bother u,typical Nigerians "since am not affected who cares "smh

3 Likes

Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by merbenko: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
dhammyg: NIGERIA IS A PATHETIC COUNTRYsadOUR SOLDIERS NOW DEFECT TO OTHER COUNTRIES JUST LIKE OUR POLITICIANS DEFECT TO OTHER PARTIES sad

AND SOME IDIIOT WILL COME HERE TO SAY #JONATHAN TILL 2019#angry

MAY THUNDER FIRE THE RIGHT YANSH OF ANYONE WHO SAYS THATangry

THINGS IN NIGERIA UNDER JONATHAN HAVE ONLY GOTTEN WORSEangryangryembarassed

Then who did you think is capable. You guys are only commenting on personal interest
Re: 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon by tit(f): 6:12pm On Aug 25, 2014
hansad: Nigerian soldiers desert because they are being sabotaged by insiders for B/Haram. Not because they are not well-equiped. In Gworza, police were asked by superior to drop their AK 47 rifles - more than 200 in number. Immediately after the drop, B/Haram collected all the weapons. Continue to deceive gullible others who do not understand that your lot are marching every Nigerian towards the Islamic Republic of Nigeria. Part of your lot's campaign tricks to get one Islamic Republic of Nigeria is to persuade confused Nigerians to lay every blame on what is wrong with Nigeria on shoeless Jonathan.

A similar scenario happened in Iraq.
Sunni officers simply told the units under their commands to disband. The man abandoned their equipment (which ISIS is showing off and using till day) and tried to melt into the general population.

We have seen videos of hundreds at a military school who surrendered without lifting a finger before they were machine gunned in a ditch.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads / Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace / 2023: Some ‘Unknown Persons’ Stole My Academic Certificates - Tinubu Tells INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.