Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions (13161 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 12:17am On Aug 27, 2014
Let us avoid abuse

We should discuss like gentle men who are learned

Plsssssssssssssssssssssssss

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 12:18am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

When did Lagos become part of the land bestowed on the descendants of Cain the wanderer?

In Nigeria people are officially identified by their state of origin not geopolitical zone of origin. Why did you migrate from your state to another state?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:19am On Aug 27, 2014
TamzyTamudo: you ofenmanus have little or no best brains,a large chunk of them can't compete,nigga they can't stand the heat of the igbos,once they feel or smell us coming they tremble. U guys are broke ass,I am always feeling sorry for them here in lagos,smh!!! E fit be say u self neva see food chop,u dey here dey abuse people weh pass u.

See this mungo park?

The same y1bos that usain bolted during june 12. Mscheeeeeeeeeeew.

No wonder they are called chest beaters, always acting before thinking.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: i was d one dat first ask u to name jst 3 industry in owerri,não u havent given me a reply

imo is not heavily industrialized but there is eagle motors for keke napep assembly; Rico pharmaceuticals, the hospitality industry in owerri can only be paralleled by few states.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 12:24am On Aug 27, 2014
ChrisOD:

Interesting. Can you share that data? I have not seen it.

Nigeria earns N305bn from Non-Oil Export – NBS 2013

Nigeria earned about N305.1billion within the first three months of 2013, figures obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics indicate.
A breakdown of the figures highlighted under “2013 Export First Quarter” in the NBS’ report on ‘Merchandise Trade’, showed that export from natural rubber was N158.38 billion; raw cocoa beans attracted N62.198 billion; Sesame seeds, N20,76 billion; cotton yarn, N16.44 billion; and Leather products, N8.56 billion. Similarly, within the period under review, the export value of flowers and buds stood at N8.19 billion; footwear, N7.07 billion; tanned or crust hides, N5.41 billion; frozen shrimps and prawns, N4.96 billion; ginger, N4.09 billion; sacks and bags, N3.84 billion; cigarettes, N2.75 billion; and aluminum alloys, N2.54 billion.

The exports mentioned above, which are captured under the sub-heading, “2013 Export First Quarter” in the NBS report, totaled about N305 billion. However, the NBS further said, “Analysis on exports by section revealed that mineral products contributed N3,034.2billion or 87.9 percent of total exports during the quarter, followed by plastic, rubber and associated articles with N168.1billionn or 4.9 percent; and prepared foodstuffs, beverages, spirit, vinegar and tobacco with N115.2billion or 3.3 percent

I will dig out the document link tomorrow from the NBS data bank. Please bear with me.

below is the vanguard and businessday

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/nigeria-earns-n305bn-from-non-oil-export-nbs

http://businessdayonline.com/2013/07/nigeria-earns-n305bn-from-non-oil-export-nbs
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:25am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Ok

If you are Osun state governor

Which people will be of more benefit to you

Wealthy Osuns or Middle Class Osuns

A governor is a person, and he will prefer wealthy people because they will bring investment. However, the governor still needs the middle class to assist the wealthy man to create wealth.

Government as an institution will go for middle class and not wealthy.

Classical example is America during the recession. are there not enough rich men in america to stimulate the economy with their money. Why was the government bailing out companies -- they were actually bailing out their middle class and not the rich. Wipe away the middle class from the economy and the economy will be comatose.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:26am On Aug 27, 2014
ChrisOD:

In Nigeria people are officially identified by their state of origin not geopolitical zone of origin. Why did you migrate from your state to another state?

State is artificial division, the people, the race, the thnicity remains yorubas -- from ore to saki, igbomina to lagos -- we are all oduduwa descendants.

As much as i do not have a stake in sambisa forest or red mud, likewise none has a stake in ours.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 12:30am On Aug 27, 2014
People goodnight, I'm out.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by thwarrior72: 12:58am On Aug 27, 2014
ola6: The SE is more densely populated than the North, SW and SS. The key word here is DENSELY not MORE as there is no evidence to prove for or otherwise. This makes competition stiff compare to other regions. It is natural for any densely populated area to be highly competitive. This makes the people of the region individualistic rather than cooperative. Hence, there are a lot of stalls and shops. No really mega business, at least, not that I have noticed sha except Shoprite in Enugu.
In a bid to survive the competition, the people live their various states for a less populated state (less competitive), hence, their population in Lagos, Warri, PHC, Kano etc.

One thing also going for the cities mentioned is the FG presence. It cannot be over emphasized. The FG presence in Lagos built a sea port and THRID mainland bridge, necessary for economic growth. Also in Warri, the refinery, sea port, Chevron Nigeria (a combination of NNPC FG and Chevron) Shell et al. PHC same thing. Kano, though, I have not being there but I am almost certain there is FG presence there.

The FG presence in the SE has been minimal tbh and unless something is done fast, I'm afraid. Not just any FG presence like a river port or that thing they built on River Niger ( it really was a wasted investment) but a unique FG infrastructure that will make people leave their various states or the SE. Maybe an Institute of Technology or Public administration, that will make people travel down to stay at least for 4 years or so like the one in PHC (IPS) or the one in Onne (marine institute or whatever).

Also, the issue of tax cannot be ignored. One thing about APC states is that they tax like crazy, hence their spike in IGR.
Nice input
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:

imo is not heavily industrialized but there is eagle motors for keke napep assembly; Rico pharmaceuticals, the hospitality industry in owerri can only be paralleled by few states.
we also hav femogey geo limited in oshogbo,solek company oshogbo,oshogbo steel rolling mills,nigerian machine tools etc.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 7:35am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: we also hav femogey geo limited in oshogbo,solek company oshogbo,oshogbo steel rolling mills,nigerian machine tools etc.

producing what
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

State is artificial division, the people, the race, the thnicity remains yorubas -- from ore to saki, igbomina to lagos -- we are all oduduwa descendants.

As much as i do not have a stake in sambisa forest or red mud, likewise none has a stake in ours.

States are artificial creation, the people remain Nigerians.
Y is ur sorry ass not in ekiti,is it not yorubaland
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 8:13am On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:

States are artificial creation, the people remain Nigerians.
Y is ur sorry ass not in ekiti,is it not yorubaland

I can choose to live anywhere on oduduwa's land, in as much as I'm not pressing for a stake in Arewa and Alaigbos' land.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 8:28am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

I can choose to live anywhere on oduduwa's land, in as much as I'm not pressing for a stake in Arewa and Alaigbos' land.

There is nowhere in Nigeria known as Odualand, what we have are states.Only states are recognized by the constitution.

A Nigerian can live in any Nigerian state, irrespective of what a person from a backward state thinks.

So, like you were asked before, why did you leave your poverty stricken Osun state, for Lagos,an FG built state, aka a no man's land?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard: Let us avoid abuse

We should discuss like gentle men who are learned

Plsssssssssssssssssssssssss

The thread has already served it's purpose, which was to dispel the lies of SE being parasites in Nigeria.

I think the floor is now open, to deal with any Ohemmanu virus here.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 8:41am On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

There is nowhere in Nigeria known as Odualand, what we have are states.Only states are recognized by the constitution.

A Nigerian can live in any Nigerian state, irrespective of what a person from a backward state thinks.

So, like you were asked before, why did you leave your poverty stricken Osun state, for Lagos,an FG built state, aka a no man's land?

Who is disputing the constitution? Did the constitution tells you there is a place called no man's land in Nigeria, o generation of covetous ethnicity?

Does the constitution tells you L, you have a stake in your state of residence, Cain descendant?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 8:43am On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen: Mine is that the FG will not reap where she did not sow.
Its bad enough the crude oil in abia n imo goes to the FG, that's the much they shd get till they invest sth in the east.

You are right. We should be thinking of ways to reduce our contributions to the FG,and not the other way round.
We must look for ways to partner with all the town unions in our land, to bring about community based developments and people empowerment programmes,that would provide employment to our youths, and help us stem the tide of their migration to Urban centres spread throughout the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 8:50am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Who is disputing the constitution? Did the constitution tells you there is a place called no man's land in Nigeria, o generation of covetous ethnicity?

Does the constitution tells you L, you have a stake in your state of residence, Cain descendant?

That's the question you should be asking your fellow tiger faced people fleeing their poverty stricken enclaves in Oyo,Ondo,Osun,Ekiti,Ogun, for a FG built enclave,Lagos?

The constitution tells me that every Nigerian can reside in any part of Nigeria, while still retaining his franchise in his place of residence.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 8:58am On Aug 27, 2014
U
pazienza:

That's the question you should be asking your fellow tiger faced people fleeing their poverty stricken enclaves in Oyo,Ondo,Osun,Ekiti,Ogun, for a FG built enclave,Lagos?

The constitution tells me that every Nigerian can reside in any part of Nigeria, while still retaining his franchise in his place of residence.

Very funny. Why did FG not build any where in your gully eroded and rebellious land? Are the states in the land of the nyanmiri flat.heads not collecting monthly allocation from FG.

You remain the conquered slave of Nigeria without any stake any where. Stay inside your gully erosion, that is where your stake is.

The constitution gives you the right to stay anywhere you like, even sambisa forest, but it does not give you the right to lay claim to anywhere outside your gully caves. Copy that.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by Dibiachukwu: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by Dibiachukwu: 9:03am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1: Nice analysis so far.

The question is, can the population of SE support and sustain investment?

You need to stem the wave of emigration first.
I feel it was planned to be under-invested; so that you people can go and listen to your brothers from the other realm.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 9:07am On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Levies can be publicly managed or a public/private management scheme. The southeast like every region, needs major infrastructures, the levies can be used to support the public funds

The SE is not lagging behind any other part of Nigeria in infrastructural developments, as a matter of fact,i am yet to see any part of Nigeria with better infrastructures than the SE.

Just because other zones are being mugged and taxed to death by their ruling and looting elites, does not mean that SE has to copy that bad model.

The Model we have in SE is a better model, knowing that we are yet to get an accountable leading elite, we decided to leave our wealth in the hands our populace, who in turn use the wealth to improve their individual lives,as can be been seen in more Igbos applying for university education than the rest of the country,and despite our state govts being unable to provide funds for scholarship education abroad like many other states,we still have many Igbos being able to send their wards abroad to school.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 9:10am On Aug 27, 2014
Dibiachukwu:
I feel it was planned to be under-invested; so that you people can go and listen to your brothers from the other realm.

Why is it an innate nature of your guys, to always blame others for being bereft of ideas, good governance and leadership as well as ineptitude.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 9:12am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1: U

Very funny. Why did FG not build any where in your gully eroded and rebellious land? Are the states in the land of the nyanmiri flat.heads not collecting monthly allocation from FG.

You remain the conquered slave of Nigeria without any stake any where. Stay inside your gully erosion, that is where your stake is.

The constitution gives you the right to stay anywhere you like, even sambisa forest, but it does not give you the right to lay claim to anywhere outside your gully caves. Copy that.

The tiger faced tribe has no single person of influence in current Nigeria, they have been reduced to sucking the deek of their awusa masters, everyone knows the current slaves of current Nigerian state, who were so poverty stricken that they took to stadia to protest over subsidy removal.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by Dibiachukwu: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Why is it an innate nature of your guys, to always blame others for being bereft of ideas, good governance and leadership as well as ineptitude.
Hey go to all FG highways in the east. All of them are dead shit; compared with their counterparts in Nigeria. It is not news that all FG investment in government infrastructure are sub standard. The way things are in the east. It is like we have no goddamn government. The only government presence I sensed in the east was the lunatics called police men in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: we also hav femogey geo limited in oshogbo,solek company oshogbo,oshogbo steel rolling mills,nigerian machine tools etc.
Rokana industries in Imo,

Oshogbo steel and Nigerian Machine tools are fed govt stuff and they are presently not working.

Oshogbo has nothing. It's very poor and parading a fake GDP
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 9:21am On Aug 27, 2014
As long as SE continues to be part of Nigeria, our looting elites continue being protected by Nigerian Army,police and Abuja.

I will always be against any plan to remove the wealth presently in the hands of our populace and put it in the hands of looting elites,just to come online to boast about artificial GDPs and IGRs which has no impact on the living standards of the populace,but only serves for bragging rights.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 9:26am On Aug 27, 2014
ChrisOD:

Oshogbo steel and Nigerian Machine tools are fed govt stuff and they are presently not working.

u r a very foolish guy,u will bliv d central bank wen dey say we hav more igbos going to skul dan any oda tribe in Nig,u will sit down in ur huse não keep shoutin aba n onisha r d biggest market in west africa,but wen dey tell u Osun Gdp z bigger dan dat of imo u will say z a lie....it was wen i get to nairaland i saw ao tribalist u igbos r,yet igbos smile n bhave as if all z well in lagos,hav neva seen a igbo man sayin all dis shit wen we discuss abt politics in my life,but u pple com to nairaland n spew shit,now i c why pple want dis country to b divided n if dat will happen i will b very happy

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 9:27am On Aug 27, 2014
ChrisOD:

GDP gathered by their looting elites fleecing their already poverty stricken populace of their little hard earned money. Haha!
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 9:30am On Aug 27, 2014
Folks, is it true that the GDP of Osun State is greater than that of all SE states combined? That is the claim made by the Osun-born and Lagos-migrant poster, Superstar1.

Where is that data, whether fake or real?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: u r a very foolish guy,u will bliv d central bank wen dey say we hav more igbos going to skul dan any oda tribe in Nig,u will sit down in ur huse não keep shoutin aba n onisha r d biggest market in west africa,but wen dey tell u Osun Gdp z bigger dan dat of imo u will say z a lie....it was wen i get to nairaland i saw ao tribalist u igbos r,yet igbos smile n bhave as if all z well in lagos,hav neva seen a igbo man sayin all dis shit wen we discuss abt politics in my life,but u pple com to nairaland n spew shit,now i c why pple want dis country to b divided n if dat will happen i will b very happy

You have nothing.u are poor and ignorant.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by chinasaekperem: 9:32am On Aug 27, 2014
if i comment now, this people will report me to their ofe mod aka mynd....... make i just dey observe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

2019: FG Engages Foreign Media, Think Tanks To Launder Buhari’s Image - Daily Ni / Yuletide: Enugu Govt Offers Free Enugu-owerri Airport Shuttle For Residents / Impeachment: Plateau Lawmakers Fight Over Mace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.