Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions (13150 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

JAMB enrolement stats.Go look for it. *grins*
u should also go n ask National universities commissions why dey keep ratin UI n OAU ahead of univerversities located in d south east. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 10:47am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: u should also go n ask National universities commissions why dey keep ratin UI n OAU ahead of univerversities located in d south east. grin

NUC ratings? I must confess, i am yet to see one. University ratings often vary, depending on the criteria being used by the person doing the assessment. Do you mind listing the criteria used by NUC to arrive at their ratings?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: so were z ur source dat says more igbo family r sendin dia kids to univ.....
superstar1:
You have the right to live anywhere, but you do not have a stake everywhere. Your stake is in your gully eroded state.

To be frank with you guys

Heavy taxation will destroy the financial/ economic power of Odua people

IGR and GDP that do not translate to upliftment of the people out of poverty is worthless

Even those infrastructure you boast about are not accessible to low income Yorubas eg LASU school fees a month ago was 250 000 naira. It was only reversed due to 2015 election
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by eaglechild: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

State is artificial division, the people, the race, the thnicity remains yorubas -- from ore to saki, igbomina to lagos -- we are all oduduwa descendants.

As much as i do not have a stake in sambisa forest or red mud, likewise none has a stake in ours.
cheesy grin grin
You are soooo desperately trying to claim Lagos.

Every SWesterner is from Lagos.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by chinasaekperem: 10:49am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

I don't engage omo irankiran with empty brain.
then you can humbly get lost and stop spilling gibberish.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 10:55am On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

NUC ratings? I must confess, i am yet to see one. University ratings often vary, depending on the criteria being used by the person doing the assessment. Do you mind listing the criteria used by NUC to arrive at their ratings?
must i spoon feed u,go n search for it ursef,u can tell me any agency in d world dat has rank univ in d east ahead of univ in d west in d last 5yrs
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 10:59am On Aug 27, 2014
eaglechild:
cheesy grin grin
You are soooo desperately trying to claim Lagos.

Every SWesterner is from Lagos.

Yorubas do not claim where they are not from. I am a 3rd generation lagosian, by virtue of residency but we have never claimed Lagos for once and will never.

However, it is our collective duty as Yorubas to defend every inch of our soil, bestowed on us by Oduduwa , just the way we did at Ore when your compass was seeing Lagos as kaduna.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:00am On Aug 27, 2014
chinasaekperem: then you can humbly get lost and stop spilling gibberish.

It is you that crawled out of your gully cave, that should find your GPRS back into it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:02am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

IGR and GDP that do not translate to upliftment of the people out of poverty is worthless

Even those infrastructure you boast about are not accessible to low income Yorubas eg LASU school fees a month ago was 250 000 naira. It was only reversed due to 2015 election

It will not. It has not killed America and Europe, it will not kill us too.

It will bring along good governance and accountability. With that, corruption is limited and progressive developments will continue to be witnessed.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:03am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

d most important fin z dat d skul fees r now back to 25k,uk citizens r payin more tax dan we pay in d south west
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by chinasaekperem: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

It is you that crawled out of your gully cave, that should find your GPRS back into it.
nope, you should be the one getting your zinc oxide ravaged head back into your mud house.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 11:08am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Who made our war booty a free born? In your wildest dreams. Y1bos too are claiming free born, who dashed monkey banana? It's easier for Spartacus to become the Emperor than for a y1bo to be free born.

Slaves do not bargain, they take what is melted to them by their masters. That is why you do not have a say in the political equation of Nigeria. We only need you to keep banding our 160mm population for figure for investment purpose, that will always flow to SW, SS and Abuja. We are only using you to make up the numbers and so shall it be.

SS? Well Asaba is a SS Igbo town. I don't exactly understand who the 'We' you were using in your post refer to, but if it represents the slaves that GEJ is about buying again from their northern masters to swell his numbers again, the same slaves that peddle anti GEJ propaganda throughout the net,just to increase the amount GEJ would use to buy them off again come 2015, then i guess i have no problem as an Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:10am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

It will not. It has not killed America and Europe, it will not kill us too.

It will bring along good governance and accountability. With that, corruption is limited and progressive developments will continue to be witnessed.

US became a destination for investors in the 1900s because of low taxation

When investors/businesses do not have enough profit after tax to re-invest, economic activities become stagnant
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:12am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: d most important fin z dat d skul fees r now back to 25k,uk citizens r payin more tax dan we pay in d south west

What is UK economic ranking then compare it with China
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 11:18am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

What is UK economic ranking then compare it with China
i dont get u
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:21am On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: i dont get u

If I am correct

You said UK pay more in taxes than the SW
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:21am On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

SS? Well Asaba is a SS Igbo town. I don't exactly understand who the 'We' you were using in your post refer to, but if it represents the slaves that GEJ is about buying again from their northern masters to swell his numbers again, the same slaves that peddle anti GEJ propaganda throughout the net,just to increase the amount GEJ would use to buy them off again come 2015, then i guess i have no problem as an Igbo.

Yes Hausas are our only master but you a slave to over 250 ethnic groups.

Very sad to be you.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2014
Y
chinasaekperem: nope, you should be the one getting your zinc oxide ravaged head back into your mud house.

Mud house in a prosperous land, that other cursed flat.heads are running to.

There must be special powers in those mud houses, that is lacking inside the gully eroded land.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by chinasaekperem: 11:27am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1: Y

Mud house in a prosperous land, that other cursed flat.heads are running to.

There must be special powers in those mud houses, that is lacking inside the gully eroded land.
but i heard the ibadan flood is the most fatal in nigeria, is that true?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:30am On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

US became a destination for investors in the 1900s because of low taxation

When investors/businesses do not have enough profit after tax to re-invest, economic activities become stagnant

How does government provide infrastructure without taxation?

No infrastructure no investor, no employment, increase in crime and social vices etc
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 11:32am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

How does government provide infrastructure without taxation?

No infrastructure no investor, no employment, increase in crime and social vices etc

Government must tax but not heavily
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 11:33am On Aug 27, 2014
chinasaekperem: but i heard the ibadan flood is the most fatal in nigeria, is that true?

It is the most fatal and it's still devoid of gully erosion.

You need to upgrade your medulla.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by achi4u(m): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2014
Yes,the earlier we Igbos understand that the whole of Nigeria is not thinking about us the better and will push some of our main actors to think HOME.
Op,thanks for this ur wonderful insight.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by chinasaekperem: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

It is the most fatal and it's still devoid of gully erosion.

You need to upgrade your medulla.
would you like to see some pictures of gully erosion in ibadan? Atleast to unclad your lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 11:47am On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

The SE is not lagging behind any other part of Nigeria in infrastructural developments, as a matter of fact,i am yet to see any part of Nigeria with better infrastructures than the SE.

Just because other zones are being mugged and taxed to death by their ruling and looting elites, does not mean that SE has to copy that bad model.

The Model we have in SE is a better model, knowing that we are yet to get an accountable leading elite, we decided to leave our wealth in the hands our populace, who in turn use the wealth to improve their individual lives,as can be been seen in more Igbos applying for university education than the rest of the country,and despite our state govts being unable to provide funds for scholarship education abroad like many other states,we still have many Igbos being able to send their wards abroad to school.

I have no problem with your model, as long as you don't blame the federal government for the lack of investment in public infrastructures in the east. I wouldn't have said it any better than you, and I quote "The SE is not lagging behind any other part of Nigeria in infrastructural developments, as a matter of fact,i am yet to see any part of Nigeria with better infrastructures than the SE"

That settles a lot.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Government must tax but not heavily

Taxes are standardized and there is no govt in SW taxing heavily.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

I have no problem with your model, as long as you don't blame the federal government for the lack of investment in public infrastructures in the east. I wouldn't have said it any better than you, and I quote "The SE is not lagging behind any other part of Nigeria in infrastructural developments, as a matter of fact,i am yet to see any part of Nigeria with better infrastructures than the SE"

That settles a lot.

Stop trying to be half intelligent. The infrastructures i meant their were state provided and managed infrastructures. Not the FG sited and managed ones,which we all know is almost non existent in the SE.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Yes Hausas are our only master but you a slave to over 250 ethnic groups.

Very sad to be you.

Slaves that have more presence and influence in the current political set up than the tiger faced ugly people west of the Niger. What exactly does that make the ugly tiger faced people, Sub slaves? *grins*

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

And OBJ is an Nri descendant. In 1999, the slogan was it is either Olu or Olu, either way na we.

Achieve that first, where the 2 contestants are from your ethnic group.
That shows lack of unity and distrust for obj.
the guy dealt with u. sorry.
All yorybaa I know call him wastage
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Taxes are standardized and there is no govt in SW taxing heavily.

this guy doesn't even know SW.
Osun taxes bases on the size of the sign board and funny enough, most Yoruba biz there are petty.
Y exactly do ur people remain stagnant for years?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

That settles a lot.

tell me the FG infrastructure in the SE
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

Stop trying to be half intelligent. The infrastructures i meant their were state provided and managed infrastructures. Not the FG sited and managed ones,which we all know is almost non existent in the SE.

Why are you confusing yourself, my first comment you replied was more, about states and local community leading the way in their own development via levies on their SME. Where did you see me refer to the central government till you came and federalised a state and community issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion / INEC To Ban Use Of Smart Phones At Polling Unit / Adamu Dala-Dogo Resigns As Yobe Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.