Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions (13148 Views)

Surep/ferma Task Force Workers Protest At NHRC Lagos Zonal Office. / APC Presidential Zonal Rally In Owerri - Live Update / PDP Coordinators Beat Up Zonal Secretary (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

It is the most fatal and it's still devoid of gully erosion.

You need to upgrade your medulla.

flood is worse than erosion, erosion is creeping but flood can be sudden.
U borrowed huge funds BT I can't build drainage, shame
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by atlwireles: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:

tell me the FG infrastructure in the SE

Please read the comment I replied.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

It will not. It has not killed America and Europe, it will not kill us too.

It will bring along good governance and accountability. With that, corruption is limited and progressive developments will continue to be witnessed.

it has kept many yorubas in poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by pazienza(m): 1:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
atlwireles:

Why are you confusing yourself, my first comment you replied was more, about states and local community leading the way in their own development via levies on their SME. Where did you see me refer to the central government till you came and federalised a state and community issue.

Ok. As long as you don't mistake my use of infrastructures there for federal provided infrastructures which are obviously lacking in the SE, we are cool.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Taxes are standardized and there is no govt in SW taxing heavily.

Sir

It is heavy even to the point of asking for radio and TV taxes when Nigerians should be encouraged to exploit information to develop themselves.

I even heard on TV late last year or early this year, that a kiosk in Ogun state pays 4000 naira as monthly tax. I asked myself that, if it is true, how much do the trader makes in a month for such an amount to be collected.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by tonychristopher: 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: u r a foolish person,we keep hearin ur parasite from d south east shoutin brown roof all d tym,yet u flat head keep troopin to d south west

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES WITH THE CONCEPT OF ECONOMIC COLONIZATION AND EXPANSION....

BRITHISH,CHINESE AND AMERICAN ARE DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA DOESNT MEAN THAT NIGERIA IS FINER, BUT THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE ABROAD AND THEY KEEP THEIR ECONOMIES AT HOME IN TACT...

YOU MUST BE FUNNY AND STUP.ID TO THINK IGBO LAND ISNT DEVELOPED..HAVE YOU BEEN TO OWERRI,ENUGU,ONITSHA,ASABA, PH ETC

YOU MUST BE DAFT...

ITS ALL ECONOMIC COLONIZATION AND CAPITAL REPARATION
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonychristopher:

WHY DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ISSUES WITH THE CONCEPT OF ECONOMIC COLONIZATION AND EXPANSION....

BRITHISH,CHINESE AND AMERICAN ARE DOING BUSINESS IN NIGERIA DOESNT MEAN THAT NIGERIA IS FINER, BUT THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE ABROAD AND THEY KEEP THEIR ECONOMIES AT HOME IN TACT...

YOU MUST BE FUNNY AND STUP.ID TO THINK IGBO LAND ISNT DEVELOPED..HAVE YOU BEEN TO OWERRI,ENUGU,ONITSHA,ASABA, PH ETC

YOU MUST BE DAFT...

Don't blame him

His reasoning is one fact why Yorubas fail in business

Imagine an Arewa(Dangote) transforming his opportunity into success and Odua(Adenuga) losing his opportunity to poorly managed debt

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by tonychristopher: 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Don't blame him

Imagine an Arewa(Dangote) transforming his opportunity into success and Odua(Adenuga) losing his opportunity to poorly managed debt

the way they reason baffles me, how can people be so stupid and docile that strangers will come and be maiking money, is it when they go that they can make money.

i never knew they can be ths xenophobic

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by tonychristopher: 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2014
pazienza:

Ok. As long as you don't mistake my use of infrastructures there for federal provided infrastructures which are obviously lacking in the SE, we are cool.

infrastructures in touting
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonychristopher:

YOU MUST BE DAFT...

u r a foolish igbo dog u son of a b!tch,who r u colonising,if u igbos(parasite) leave d south west,it wont hav any effect on our economy,an plz point to d investment in d west dat u r talkin abt,,,china z d second largest economy in d world,us has d biggest economy in d world,dis two countries hav develop dia land(country),u mst b a dog for comparin igbos wit us and china,d economy of d south west z bigger dan dat of d south east,we hav more infrastructure and industry dan u parasite from d south east,housing and food r way more cheaper in d west dan in d south,,,,so i want u to go não kill ursef u daft fool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Don't blame him

name one igbo man dat z richer dan adenuga

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
tonychristopher:

the way they reason baffles me, how can people be so stupid and docile that strangers will come and be maiking money, is it when they go that they can make money.

i never knew they can be ths xenophobic

Most who never saw June 12 failed to understand that if non yorubas leave Lagos, the city will fall
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: name one igbo man dat z as rich as adenuga

Ibeto
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Sir

It is heavy even to the point of asking for radio and TV taxes when Nigerians should be encouraged to exploit information to develop themselves.

I even heard on TV late last year or early this year, that a kiosk in Ogun state pays 4000 naira as monthly tax. I asked myself that, if it is true, how much do the trader makes in a month for such an amount to be collected.
anybody dat own a kiosk and cant pay 400naira as monthly tax to move to d south east,z not a most for any1 to sell in ogun state

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: anybody dat own a kiosk and cant pay 400naira as monthly tax to move to d south east,z not a most for any1 to sell in ogun state

I said 4000 naira not 400 naira
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

show me ur source,i need to know were and how u got ur information
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 2:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

show me ur source,i need to know were and how u got ur information.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:
That shows lack of unity and distrust for obj.
the guy dealt with u. sorry.
All yorybaa I know call him wastage

Were you looking for a divisive president like Jonah?

Lack of unity for an ethnic group that ensured the candidates are of their own? This is an absurd statement devoid of logic.

The fact remains OBJ was the president, which any y1bo man can never achieve. His achievements has been dwelt on NL on several threads.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 2:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: show me ur source,i need to know were and how u got ur information

Is an info I heard on TV which I found difficult to believe because to me it is madness and wickedness
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Sir

Did you confirmed that they pay that much. There is no where they are paying that, you can verify your claim.

TV and Radio taxes are permissible under taxes allowed in Nigeria, so what is big deal?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by omololu2020(m): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Is an info I heard on TV which I found difficult to believe because to me it is madness and wickedness
forget abt all dis i heard on tv stuff,,i do stay wit my friend in ijebu ode atyms,n hav neva heard or seen kiost owner payin 4k,,so if u dont have a source i wont bliv ur story

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by superstar1(m): 3:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Most who never saw June 12 failed to understand that if non yorubas leave Lagos, the city will fall

So who was left in Lagos, when y1bos ran away. Have u forgotten?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by chinasaekperem: 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

this guy hardly reason coherently, how many igbos ran away?
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by bigsam360(m): 3:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
MIDS, IT IS TIME TO CLOSE THIS THREAD... It has eventually turned to full ethnic debate/war.....

Please do the needful and save NL it's credibility.

Thank you.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by tonychristopher: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

june 12 far... look at lagos and yoruba land during the xmas festivities

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 3:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

Lack of unity for an ethnic group that ensured the candidates are of their own? This is an absurd statement devoid of logic.

The fact remains OBJ was the president, which any y1bo man can never achieve. His achievements has been dwelt on NL on several threads.

he had dealt with Yoruba before and dealt with them during his time
He never liked u, frustrated awo, abiola, etc.
He was used to settle abiola election, in place of falae ur choice.
U have never produced any president of ur choice
The hatred for Yoruba is actually reciprocal as he didn't win in his ward or anywhere in sw .
Olu or olu indeed! hehe.
He hated ur guts .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ChrisOD: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

You remain a liar until you prove that Osun GDP is greater than that of SE.
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:
Did you confirmed that they pay that much. There is no where they are paying that, you can verify your claim.

TV and Radio taxes are permissible under taxes allowed in Nigeria, so what is big deal?

In this age of information, where knowledge outside your field of study can help make life comfortable for you, the govt should be encouraging people to acquire more knowledge not discouraging them through tax

Remember

If you are not informed you are deformed

Knowledge is Power
Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by ketoprofen(m): 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Don't blame him

Am telling u.
They are very poor at mgt, look at the heap of national assets they squandered only for them to remain poor.
Tufiakwa, these are the real parasites in Nigeria, what have yorubas done for Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by tonychristopher: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
omololu2020: u r a foolish igbo dog u son of a b!tch,who r u colonising,if u igbos(parasite) leave d south west,it wont hav any effect on our economy,an plz point to d investment in d west dat u r talkin abt,,,china z d second largest economy in d world,us has d biggest economy in d world,dis two countries hav develop dia land(country),u mst b a dog for comparin igbos wit us and china,d economy of d south west z bigger dan dat of d south east,we hav more infrastructure and industry dan u parasite from d south east,housing and food r way more cheaper in d west dan in d south,,,,so i want u to go não kill ursef u daft fool

As a matter of serious conversation, shouldn't your first instinct be to answer to the substantive question about projects that Yorubas have embarked on and succeeded in Nigeria and out of the confidence that you derived from having responded properly to the inquiry at hand you can then proceed to asking any questions that you dim necessary. Your failure toaddress the question at hand before asking your question indicates that you are not a serious interlocutor like Ayo and I say that for the records.Notwithstanding your inability to rescue Ayo from his self-inflicted wound, again typical of a Yoruba man, I will not hesitate to take you to school if you chose to be babysitted for the record, although I will be repeating myself.

Now in respect to your specificquestion, what Igbo built that Yoruba destroyed, in a nutshell almost every institution that the white man handed over to Nigeria after our independence Igbos built but because of your sophomoric question I will endeavor to break down what I mean for you. Nigerian railway was built and managed under Igbo minister Dr. Onyiuke and Igbos ran most of the day to day operations and the railway worked, when Yorubas took over the railway after the war they destroyed it. Igbos ran the military and brought prestige to the Nigerian military because of the caliber of Igbos that joined the military and the military worked then, look at what the military has become. You can mention any ministry before the war that worked and you will see the hands of Igbo in it.During the British/Biafran war Igbos invented one of the most deadly explosives (IEDs-Ogbunigwe)the world have ever known in the 1960s, the Igbos built armored cars, air missiles, assault rifles, gun boats, rocket launcher, rocket propelled grenades and ambulance vehicles. Igbos not only built underground refineries they also built mobile refineries as they lost territories to the federal troops. After the war Awo and his tribal cabal representing the Yoruba conspired and went on a search and destroy mission and methodically combed all the south east and blew up and destroyed all thefactories that Igbo built instead of moving the factories and the Igbo scientists to a federally controlled areaand using their ingenuity to the benefitof the whole nation. For your information ask America and Russia what they did with German engineers after world war 11.

Today Nigeria is importing all these military equipments. That is destruction of what Igbos built. In 1972, Professor A. N. Njoku-Obi produced an anti-cholera vaccine recognized by the world health community, Yoruba elites who were running the Nigeria bureaucracy after the war did not want to hear of it, they undermined that project and today Nigeria is importing those drugs instead of being the manufacturer and exporter. That is destruction my friends. In 1974 two years after an Igbo invented the cholera vaccine, Professor F. A. Udekwu and his colleagues performedthe first ever open-heart surgery in Nigeria and Black Africa, did you think that Yoruba elites wanted to hear that, of course not, if I did not tell you now, would you know? Hell no! Today, forty years later Nigerians are going oversees for their heart surgery payinghard currency. That is destruction of Nigerian economy. In 1999 after Obasanjo took office, he destroyed every Igbo business that was importing Rice and Cement into Nigeria before he came into office by granting an unprecedented and probably the biggest sole monopoly ofthe importation of rice and cement to one man called Dangote who became a billionaire overnight. When Igbos where involved in the importation of these items like cement, the price of cement was around N300, now the price of cement is hovering around N1,500 a bag. Go figure that, that is destruction of not only Igbos businesses but Nigeria in general. After Dangote was grant the sole monopoly of importing cement, he complained to Obasanjo that Ibeto cement industry owned by an Igbo which was mostly a repackaging factory was creating an undue competition for his monopoly and overnight Obasanjo used an executive order to shutdown Ibeto cement factory with its 400 employees.

My friend that is destruction by any standard. Savannah Bank was established by Jim Nwobodo an Igbo man, Obasanjo closed down that bank and rendered all the employees jobless because he had some disagreements with Nwobodo not because the bank went bankrupt, not because the bank was running a fraudulent scheme, not because the bank was being mismanaged but because Obasanjo like most Yorubas have this visceral hate, wickedness, jealousy and the type of indifference that says why did God create an Igbo in the first place. Again Kunle that is destruction of a unique type. Engineer Ezekiel Izuogo created the V600 car and Yoruba press, politicians, lawyers even Yoruba engineers attacked him mercilessly and frustrated his effort to build the factory in Igbo land, that is one, second when he decided to build the factory in South Africa during Obasanjo’s regime, Obasanjo and his co-haters went and stole everything, the design manual, the engine block, everything necessary for him to carry on his work thereby destroying Izuogo motors for good. Kunle do you still need more examples? Wait I told Ayo that I have more than most of you could imagine. Do you remember Niger Dock Apapa, Dr. Nnamdi Ozobia, an Igbo built it, he built yachts for individuals and ferry boats for Lagos State that plied between Apapa to Mile2. He also did repairs for foreign ships that paid Nigeria hard currency, well here we go again, when Obasanjo came into office he removed Dr. Ozobia in the most ignominious way a pattern for Obasanjo and handed over Niger Dock Apapa to Yorubas. Today Niger Dock Apapa is in ruins, a shadow of its old self. That is destruction of what Igbos built. You have Nigerian Ports Authority, NigerianAirways, you have NITEL that Yorubas burnt down after they ruined it throughembezzlement. Lest I forget what about the mother of all destruction, theindigenization decree of 1972. What the decree did was to hand over Nigerian economy to the Yorubas and they destroyed the economy.

The list below is a partial list of mostly British and other foreign owned companies that Igbos were efficiently managing before the war, few of these companies were owned or partial owned by Yoruba. Some Yorubas in the past have quibbled about preciselywho owned what but not on the point of whether Yorubas ruined all the companies that they acquired by the force of the indigenization decree. My response is that the issue has never been about who owned what, the substantive issue was and is that Yorubas ruined, defrauded, liquidated and destroyed all the companies they took over after the war regardless of who owned them before the war even including their own companies that they started but could not manage.

For your information that single act of indigenization decree is largely responsible for our economic state of affair.
“Pharmaceutical Nigeria Plc ,
May and Baker Nigeria Plc,
Vitafoam Nigeria Plc,
Wahum Nigeria Limited ,
CAP Nigeria Plc ,
International Paints of West Africa [IPWA],
Berger Paints Nigeria Plc, Berec Nigeria Limited,
Kabelmetal,
Nigeria Bottling Company Plc,
Leventis Nigeria Plc ,
West African Portland Cement Company,[Lafarge],
Wema Bank Nigeria Plc, Scoa Nigeria Plc ,
CFAO Nigeria Plc, Cadbury Nigeria Plc,
Wemaboard Estates, Odua Group, Livestock Feeds Nigeria Plc ,
Nigerian Breweries Plc,
new nigerian Bank,
Batta, Kingsway Stores, Crittal Hope (Nigeria) Limited,
Mushin, Lagos State.Dunlop (Nig.) Industries Plc,
Ikeja, Lagos State. •
Galvanising Industries Limited, Ikeja, Lagos State. •
Nigeria Construction & Water Resources Development Company Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Nigerian Wire & Cable Plc, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Nigerite PLC, Ikeja, Lagos State •
Nipol Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Odu'a Textile Industries Limited, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State •
Soleh Boneh Overseas (Nigeria) Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Vono Products Plc, Mushin, Lagos State •
Wema Bank Plc,

lately the killed NITEL,NICOMSAT etc...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by tonychristopher: 3:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
ketoprofen:
Am telling u.
They are very poor at mgt, look at the heap of national assets they squandered only for them to remain poor.
Tufiakwa, these are the real parasites in Nigeria, what have yorubas done for Nigeria?

As a matter of serious conversation, shouldn't your first instinct be to answer to the substantive question about projects that Yorubas have embarked on and succeeded in Nigeria and out of the confidence that you derived from having responded properly to the inquiry at hand you can then proceed to asking any questions that you dim necessary. Your failure toaddress the question at hand before asking your question indicates that you are not a serious interlocutor like Ayo and I say that for the records.Notwithstanding your inability to rescue Ayo from his self-inflicted wound, again typical of a Yoruba man, I will not hesitate to take you to school if you chose to be babysitted for the record, although I will be repeating myself.

Now in respect to your specificquestion, what Igbo built that Yoruba destroyed, in a nutshell almost every institution that the white man handed over to Nigeria after our independence Igbos built but because of your sophomoric question I will endeavor to break down what I mean for you. Nigerian railway was built and managed under Igbo minister Dr. Onyiuke and Igbos ran most of the day to day operations and the railway worked, when Yorubas took over the railway after the war they destroyed it. Igbos ran the military and brought prestige to the Nigerian military because of the caliber of Igbos that joined the military and the military worked then, look at what the military has become. You can mention any ministry before the war that worked and you will see the hands of Igbo in it.During the British/Biafran war Igbos invented one of the most deadly explosives (IEDs-Ogbunigwe)the world have ever known in the 1960s, the Igbos built armored cars, air missiles, assault rifles, gun boats, rocket launcher, rocket propelled grenades and ambulance vehicles. Igbos not only built underground refineries they also built mobile refineries as they lost territories to the federal troops. After the war Awo and his tribal cabal representing the Yoruba conspired and went on a search and destroy mission and methodically combed all the south east and blew up and destroyed all thefactories that Igbo built instead of moving the factories and the Igbo scientists to a federally controlled areaand using their ingenuity to the benefitof the whole nation. For your information ask America and Russia what they did with German engineers after world war 11.

Today Nigeria is importing all these military equipments. That is destruction of what Igbos built. In 1972, Professor A. N. Njoku-Obi produced an anti-cholera vaccine recognized by the world health community, Yoruba elites who were running the Nigeria bureaucracy after the war did not want to hear of it, they undermined that project and today Nigeria is importing those drugs instead of being the manufacturer and exporter. That is destruction my friends. In 1974 two years after an Igbo invented the cholera vaccine, Professor F. A. Udekwu and his colleagues performedthe first ever open-heart surgery in Nigeria and Black Africa, did you think that Yoruba elites wanted to hear that, of course not, if I did not tell you now, would you know? Hell no! Today, forty years later Nigerians are going oversees for their heart surgery payinghard currency. That is destruction of Nigerian economy. In 1999 after Obasanjo took office, he destroyed every Igbo business that was importing Rice and Cement into Nigeria before he came into office by granting an unprecedented and probably the biggest sole monopoly ofthe importation of rice and cement to one man called Dangote who became a billionaire overnight. When Igbos where involved in the importation of these items like cement, the price of cement was around N300, now the price of cement is hovering around N1,500 a bag. Go figure that, that is destruction of not only Igbos businesses but Nigeria in general. After Dangote was grant the sole monopoly of importing cement, he complained to Obasanjo that Ibeto cement industry owned by an Igbo which was mostly a repackaging factory was creating an undue competition for his monopoly and overnight Obasanjo used an executive order to shutdown Ibeto cement factory with its 400 employees.

My friend that is destruction by any standard. Savannah Bank was established by Jim Nwobodo an Igbo man, Obasanjo closed down that bank and rendered all the employees jobless because he had some disagreements with Nwobodo not because the bank went bankrupt, not because the bank was running a fraudulent scheme, not because the bank was being mismanaged but because Obasanjo like most Yorubas have this visceral hate, wickedness, jealousy and the type of indifference that says why did God create an Igbo in the first place. Again Kunle that is destruction of a unique type. Engineer Ezekiel Izuogo created the V600 car and Yoruba press, politicians, lawyers even Yoruba engineers attacked him mercilessly and frustrated his effort to build the factory in Igbo land, that is one, second when he decided to build the factory in South Africa during Obasanjo’s regime, Obasanjo and his co-haters went and stole everything, the design manual, the engine block, everything necessary for him to carry on his work thereby destroying Izuogo motors for good. Kunle do you still need more examples? Wait I told Ayo that I have more than most of you could imagine. Do you remember Niger Dock Apapa, Dr. Nnamdi Ozobia, an Igbo built it, he built yachts for individuals and ferry boats for Lagos State that plied between Apapa to Mile2. He also did repairs for foreign ships that paid Nigeria hard currency, well here we go again, when Obasanjo came into office he removed Dr. Ozobia in the most ignominious way a pattern for Obasanjo and handed over Niger Dock Apapa to Yorubas. Today Niger Dock Apapa is in ruins, a shadow of its old self. That is destruction of what Igbos built. You have Nigerian Ports Authority, NigerianAirways, you have NITEL that Yorubas burnt down after they ruined it throughembezzlement. Lest I forget what about the mother of all destruction, theindigenization decree of 1972. What the decree did was to hand over Nigerian economy to the Yorubas and they destroyed the economy.

The list below is a partial list of mostly British and other foreign owned companies that Igbos were efficiently managing before the war, few of these companies were owned or partial owned by Yoruba. Some Yorubas in the past have quibbled about preciselywho owned what but not on the point of whether Yorubas ruined all the companies that they acquired by the force of the indigenization decree. My response is that the issue has never been about who owned what, the substantive issue was and is that Yorubas ruined, defrauded, liquidated and destroyed all the companies they took over after the war regardless of who owned them before the war even including their own companies that they started but could not manage.

For your information that single act of indigenization decree is largely responsible for our economic state of affair.
“Pharmaceutical Nigeria Plc ,
May and Baker Nigeria Plc,
Vitafoam Nigeria Plc,
Wahum Nigeria Limited ,
CAP Nigeria Plc ,
International Paints of West Africa [IPWA],
Berger Paints Nigeria Plc, Berec Nigeria Limited,
Kabelmetal,
Nigeria Bottling Company Plc,
Leventis Nigeria Plc ,
West African Portland Cement Company,[Lafarge],
Wema Bank Nigeria Plc, Scoa Nigeria Plc ,
CFAO Nigeria Plc, Cadbury Nigeria Plc,
Wemaboard Estates, Odua Group, Livestock Feeds Nigeria Plc ,
Nigerian Breweries Plc,
new nigerian Bank,
Batta, Kingsway Stores, Crittal Hope (Nigeria) Limited,
Mushin, Lagos State.Dunlop (Nig.) Industries Plc,
Ikeja, Lagos State. •
Galvanising Industries Limited, Ikeja, Lagos State. •
Nigeria Construction & Water Resources Development Company Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Nigerian Wire & Cable Plc, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Nigerite PLC, Ikeja, Lagos State •
Nipol Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Odu'a Textile Industries Limited, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State •
Soleh Boneh Overseas (Nigeria) Limited, Ibadan, Oyo State •
Vono Products Plc, Mushin, Lagos State •
Wema Bank Plc,

lately the killed NITEL,NICOMSAT etc...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: Its Zonal Populations And Zonal Economic Contributions by EasternLeopard: 3:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
superstar1:

The economy of Lagos nose dive

The remaining businesses were making few sales because the market population reduced

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village / Boko Haram Members Kill 10-Year-Old Boy In Maiduguri (Photo) / Fire Guts Abonnema Wharf In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.