Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,949 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? (37593 Views)

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) / Top 6 Nigerian Rappers That Are Worth Listening To / The Top 10 Richest Female Rappers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by komek(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2014
So these female rappers were these old. I used to think they were very young. 1970s what? . I used to love EvE those days.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2014
I belive so much in TIME,wen ur time comes use it well cos vry soon ur time will pass. Their time has pass o.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by akinbe(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2014
I miss Missy Elliot
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by oladam23(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Missy Elliot....
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by johnjon: 9:35am On Aug 28, 2014
Foxy Brown

11 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Okudiover(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2014
cry cry cry cry Lauryn hill was sent to jail on tax evasion.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by OmoEziokwu: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2014
naptu2: Monie Love.

Mah maen wink
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by keypad1: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2014
unyours: patra is a dancehall musician
i only said i love her. Not a rapper though
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Onyiido: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2014
Omexonomy: i fogot to add shina twain though some sildren like seun and mukina2 might know her.
Shania twain was never a rapper, she was only a singer
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by femi4: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2014
otipoju: me and you are from the same era... still love listening to music from that era when artistes would combine beautiful lyrics,nice story lines with tight beats ...not wack lyrics like "bo shen gbon gbon gbon gbon gbon g,bon gbon gbon gbon gbon gbon , you dey give me orebe orebe orebe !!!
Wack lyrics yet you almost completed the chorus
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Evathyst(f): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2014
Mtcheeww! Seems I don miss road self. Was lookin for a thread whr I'm be d first to comment. I no knw sey pple don comment full ground. Wetin concern me concern rap? Lyk seriously, no be pple wey get dada dey rap? grin

3 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by pasqal09: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2014
talk2riel: Are there still female rappers?
I jam songs from 1992- 2002
Haven't u heard of nicki Minaj?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by 50calibre(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2014
Eve has gone soft, she married a whitey

Missy is sick

Lil kim has metamorphorsised

I can't think of any real female gangsta rapper of this era, the likes of Nicki Minaj & iggy are the new face of female rap.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Harrybanty(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Simple, they refused to join Illuminati
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by smudge2079(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2014
Nicki is d real deal. d old queen is gone, long live d queen!
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by blackgold7777(f): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2014
otipoju: me and you are from the same era... still love listening to music from that era when artistes would combine beautiful lyrics,nice story lines with tight beats ...not wack lyrics like "bo shen gbon gbon gbon gbon gbon g,bon gbon gbon gbon gbon gbon , you dey give me orebe orebe orebe !!!
na so
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Onyiido: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2014
Op what happened to "foxy brown". why is she not on that list

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 28, 2014
50calibre: Who's forgotten Remy from Terror Squad clique

This bit*ch spit flames like a dragon

She's in Jail now.

Lol, to go prison to easy for that country.

I think lauren Hill too is currently in incarceration.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Adventurist(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2014
Lesson to all> Nothing last forever>. All them D'banj, Davido and Tiwa and d rest will soon go into Oblivion. Very few of their songs will be evergreen.

2 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by pheesayor(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2014
DaBrat, I loved her rap on Destiny's child Survivor remix. Foxy brown used to be my all time favourite. Loved Eve's "love is blind" like something else. I gave up on them all when we started having the likes of Blaise here in Nigeria (at the period when American music started becoming trash). Those days are gone...
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by rattlesnake(m): 9:51am On Aug 28, 2014
No rapper made my childhood
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by NickiRoman: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Nicki Minaj is the only female rapper holding it down.Iggy Azalea is also there..We still need more female rappers though

Lil Kim is trying too hard to be relevant grin
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by PERFECT2(m): 9:54am On Aug 28, 2014
ILLUMINATI sent them packing.

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 28, 2014
And u did very well to have remembered them all.........
Eve, missy Elliot and Queen Latifah r those im well familiar wit lipsrsealed cool
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Tval(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2014
They have been retired by plastic surgeries.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by CharlieMaria(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2014
Lemme comment.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
y is dis thread dry like dis ..............oh I forgot nothing like wizkid or davido here. .....
jamming my freak on by missy Elliott
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Princesschi(f): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2014
Dem don hang boot for the likes of Nicki Minaj and co. I still luv and miss Missy Elliot and Eve... Dem girls rock!!
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
They have all been overthrown by one single bitzh NICKI (Onika Tanya Maraj) Because they got tired of rapping, or their Lyrics became old-school, they should have changed class. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Who cares about them?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by SirBigH: 10:05am On Aug 28, 2014
These female rappers remind me say boy don dey old. How I love Missy Elliot and Queen Latifah then. Not forgetting to mention Eve and my darling Lauryn Hill.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by bolafez(m): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2014
na only queen latifaah I know from d list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List) / [MP3 Download] The Cross My Gaze Album By Mercy Chinwo FREE / 10 Legendary Musicians Who Never Learned How To Read Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.