Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? (37630 Views)

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) / Top 6 Nigerian Rappers That Are Worth Listening To / The Top 10 Richest Female Rappers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 28, 2014
That's why I can't do without classic fm Lagos

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by yimjon: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2014
Pls i dont do America, I do Nigeria; How about our own nigerian Christiana Igbokwe & co undecided haba?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by nairamaniac: 11:43am On Aug 28, 2014
What about WIERD MC?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by sylve11: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2014
Wow! good old days! sad grin cool
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Mgpaki(m): 11:45am On Aug 28, 2014
Omexonomy: i fogot to add shina twain madona and patra though some sildren like seun and mukina2 might know her.
"Shania Twain" not Shina.
i love that woman songs die.
currently having almost ten of her songs in my phone, which include;
"I'm gonna getcha good"
"come on over"
"No one needs to know"
"you're still the one"
"up"
"any man of mine"
not to mention many

also like her lyrics and the way she name her songs
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Edusouls(m): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Yes a very educative and history rich article, well done my guy, more of that.,
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
yimjon: Pls i dont do America, I do Nigeria; How about our own nigerian Christiana Igbokwe & co undecided haba?
female rappers the op said and not female artists.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by mondee02(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
Superstar007: Erm erm. . Nicki minaj nkor
When did she starts rappin?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Ibime(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
All these comment na joke abi wetin?

No female emcee dead or alive, retired or active, ever came close to matching Lauryn Hill.

3 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by lharstborn(m): 11:50am On Aug 28, 2014
My list..
1. Missy Elliott
2. Queen Latifah
3. Left Eye
4. Lauryn Hill
5. Others

Naija rappers
1. Sasha P (she's been around for quite some time now and she's trying to keep her game on and strong)
2. Others (because they are flashes in the pan i.e Bouqui,etc)
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Danhumprey: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
keypad1: olodo rabata... Shania twain is a country musician oooo
I thought as much. I love her voice!smiley
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Danhumprey: 11:51am On Aug 28, 2014
50calibre: Who's forgotten Remy from Terror Squad clique

This bit*ch spit flames like a dragon

She's in Jail now.
Wetin carry her go jail?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2014
naptu2:

Salt N Pepa ft En Vogue - What A Man! (1993)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiO81RTa4p8
thanks!

Err,what of Non Challant's video of her song "5'o clock in the morning"? I haven't watched that video in ages. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Mgpaki(m): 11:53am On Aug 28, 2014
Omexonomy: i fogot to add shina twain madona and patra though some sildren like seun and mukina2 might know her.

"I'm gonna getcha good"
"come on over"
"No one needs to know"
"you're still the one"
"up"
"any man of mine"
not to mention many

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by chubbyman(m): 12:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
The list ain't complete without Foxy Brown y'all
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by naptu2: 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
berem: thanks!

Err,what of Non Challant's video of her song "5'o clock in the morning"? I haven't watched that video in ages. embarassed

I'll post it tonight, along with

Sweet Sable - Old Time Sake.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
50calibre: Who's forgotten Remy from Terror Squad clique

This bit*ch spit flames like a dragon

She's in Jail now.

She's out of jail and she's still hard as fvck.

She's on a tune with DJ Khalid and another one with Jadakiss and French Montana - she went in on both tracks.

And she looks prettier now.

She destroyed Fat Joe on "Lean Back." grin

R to the Ezzy
M to the whizz-i
My arms stay breezy,
The Dons stay fizz-i
Got a date at 8, I'm in the 740 fizz-i

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
naptu2: Monie Love.

London stand the fvck up! cool

Gave hip hop Slick Rick the ruler and storyteller and Monie Love.

So, for both male and female rappers - London has been repping from the beginning! cool
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lauryn Hill is the best female rapper ever - it's not even close.

She's so good, she's definitely top 15 greatest rappers ever - male and female combined!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by oyeezee(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Superstar007: Erm erm. . Nicki minaj nkor
which Nicki Minaj ?this one of yesterday ? angry angry angry wen did she come to lime light? we talking about female rappers of 80s and early 90s.......Nicki Minaj was probably a toddler then !

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by oyeezee(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
what about the late Aaliyah ?

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Omexonomy: 12:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Typograhical error.
I am having 18 of her songs in my phone
Mgpaki:

"I'm gonna getcha good"
"come on over"
"No one needs to know"
"you're still the one"
"up"
"any man of mine"
not to mention many

2 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by chukemmang(m): 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
@op: you just made my day. The days of real rap and hip hop music is gone, i never believed it would ever happen. NAS was right when he said hip hop was dead. Nowadays clowns like lil' wayne, rick ross, drake, 2 chains (na 10 chains him for call himself), niki minaj etc now litter our Tv's and radio in the name of rap, gosh they are so disgusting. I feel so ashamed when i hear their rhymes, so foolishly childish. My rap and hip hop CD's are very sacred to me because the days of good music are gone.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Who remembers Queen Pen from "No Diggity" with Ted Riley and Blackstreet - New Jack Swing?

Yo Yo also used to be dope as well. Same for Shawnna and Trina.

Anyway, Foxy Brown and Lil Kim never wrote their lyrics...so it's difficult to call them great. But they're both legends.

Eve definitely had the juice. Ditto Missy.

MC Lyte, Monie Love, and Queen Latifah are pioneers
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Ibime(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
SirShymex: Lauryn Hill is the best female rapper ever - it's not even close.

She's so good, she's definitely top 15 greatest rappers ever - male and female combined!

Give this guy one schnapps on me abeg.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Superstar007(m): 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
oyeezee:
which Nicki Minaj ?this one of yesterday ? angry angry angry wen did she come to lime light? we talking about female rappers of 80s and early 90s.......Nicki Minaj was probably a toddler then !

I know that. I was only joking angry
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by naptu2: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
How could I forget the Europeans. There where two girls that used to rap in the late 1980s. They were quite popular and people used to compare them to Salt N Pepa, but I can't remember their name (I think they were from Belgium).

Then there's

Technotronic - Pump The Jam.

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by experimentist: 1:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Motherfuckerz! Where did y'all put 'The Lady Of Rage?' The most thuggish, ruggish b!tch in the game! cry

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by ghetto101(m): 1:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Missy

Lauryn Hill

The Queen

Lisa Lopes

Eve

Lil' Kim

Da Brat

Foxy Brown

Trina

Nicki

Remi Ma

Rah Digga

The Lady Of Rage

Roxanne Shante
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by phantom(m): 1:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
queen pen
Mc lyte
dabrat
lil Kim
rah digga from flip mode
lady of rage
foxy.....

crazy bi***ches.

like someone asked, WHEN DID NICKI MINAJ START RAPPING?

by 2002/2003 rap in whatever form died officially.

I'd rather listen to oliver d qoque than listen to lil Wayne .....
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by phantom(m): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
experimentist: Motherfuckerz! Where did y'all put 'The Lady Of Rage?' The most thuggish, ruggish b!tch in the game! cry

grin grin.....bros....many of the peeps here are kids.
many of them no go know LOR.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by OmoEziokwu: 1:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
naptu2: Brandy - I Wanna Be Down (Remix) (feat. Mc Lyte, YoYo & Queen Latifah) (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LthQLQMilvo

These kids here are too young to know some of these things you're posting on here. grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List) / 10 Legendary Musicians Who Never Learned How To Read Music / [MP3 Download] The Cross My Gaze Album By Mercy Chinwo FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.