Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,365 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? (37634 Views)

Five Nigerian Rappers That Have Succesfully Transitioned To Singing ( Photos ) / Top 6 Nigerian Rappers That Are Worth Listening To / The Top 10 Richest Female Rappers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by anitank(f): 10:06am On Aug 28, 2014
Guykhena: ,
Lil Kim
Nicki stole her spotlight grin
Which spotlight?? Lil'Kim's career was already down the drain way before Nicki came.

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by naptu2: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Monie Love - It's A Shame (My Sister). (1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSU73awbZUw

2 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Tdrumz(m): 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Truth be told, the female rappers of today are singing trash. We missed music of those good ol days. Even the males sings trash the most.

Ohh! And what av u been listening to since everyone dt knws "music" wey u knw don die?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by wildchild1: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2014
Lil' Kim all day every day grin
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by naptu2: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Brandy - I Wanna Be Down (Remix) (feat. Mc Lyte, YoYo & Queen Latifah) (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LthQLQMilvo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by SirBigH: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
PERFECT2: ILLUMINATI sent them packing.

How did they do that?
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:09am On Aug 28, 2014
Salt N Pepa were the queens!
I loved Da Brat too. Used to rock her stuff like Chris Cross back then.
Lil' Kim was the queen of modern female rappers. Nicki cant take that away from her jare.
Dunno Sweetee o.

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by blowjohn(m): 10:11am On Aug 28, 2014
talk2riel: Are there still female rappers?
I jam songs from 1992- 2002

Lil kim is still spitting!
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by jnrbayano(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2014
vivaciousvivi: Salt N Pepa were the queens!
I loved Da Brat too. Used to rock her stuff like Chris Cross back then.
Lil' Kim was the queen of modern female rappers. Nicki cant take that away from her jare.
Dunno Sweetee o.

shocked shocked
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by naptu2: 10:13am On Aug 28, 2014
Queen Latifah ft. Monie Love - Ladies First (1989)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLB5bUNAesc
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 28, 2014
Eve is still one of my favourite old school female rappers of all time.
I still rock Eve's "Gotta a Man"; "What y'all Niggaz Want ft dru hill & ruff ryders"; "Who's that girl?"
Eve & DMX collabo rocks like ki lo de
I rep Ruff Ryders!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Omexonomy: i fogot to add shina twain madona and patra though some sildren like seun and mukina2 might know her.
is Shina Twain a rapper? Or did u mean other artist u miss?
You really don't have to be born in the 70s to know this people.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by naptu2: 10:16am On Aug 28, 2014
Salt N Pepa - Push It (1987)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by chucky101(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2014
WTF!! Foxy is not on this list? Ill nana. that chyna doll album was slamming.

2 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by blowjohn(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2014
These r my 3 greatest female rappers of all time:
Lil kim, foxy brown, lauryn hill...........lauryn hill being the most socially conscious female rapper.
Da brat, hot tottie, left eye, queen latifah, if I were to make a top 7. .........nd yeah, I know I didint add eve!
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by talk2riel: 10:18am On Aug 28, 2014
pasqal09:
Haven't u heard of nicki Minaj?
Nicki aint no rapper.
She will bounce if
Da brat or mc lyte spit words
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by kevoh(m): 10:18am On Aug 28, 2014
50calibre: Who's forgotten Remy from Terror Squad clique

This bit*ch spit flames like a dragon

She's in Jail now.
Wrong info. Remy ma has been out of jail over a month now and working hard on a new album.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Blockus: 10:18am On Aug 28, 2014
R.I.P to Aliyah & Left Eye.. Both these Biitches were the truth. I still listen to 'Never be the Same again' Mel C (of Spice Girls) just to hear Lefteye take a Mic and beat that song to death.. Ask for Aliyah, I have her entire discography and have an MP3 CD of it in all my whips.. Both these girls where Queen B's of the rap game..

Now To others like;

Lil Kim,
Da'Brat,
Ill Nana a.k.a Foxy Brown,
Missdemenor Elliot,
M.C Lyte,
Remy Ma
Queen Latifah
Eve
Salt-N-Pepa
Trina
Rah Digga
Rasheeda
Khia
Lil Mo
Lumidee
Erykah Badu
Ms. Dynamite
Diams
Roxanne Shanti
Kellis.

e.t.c..

These girls were the truth. They didnt do rap when it was all about just slutty music as such, these biitches could spit verses for days and even keep Male M.C's on their toes.

I guess music like with everything in life changes with time.

I still have everyone of these M.C's on my Laptop and jam them every chance i get.

4 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by tunde1200(m): 10:19am On Aug 28, 2014
hummmm

this reminds me of those young age days.

i like Eve and patra ehhh
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Blockus: 10:21am On Aug 28, 2014
NickiRoman: Nicki Minaj is the only female rapper holding it down.Iggy Azalea is also there..We still need more female rappers though

Lil Kim is trying too hard to be relevant grin

Did you just say the Queen B of Junior Mafias is 'Trying too Hard to be Relevant'?! grin grin

lol.. Kim would be charged with 1st degree Murder if she is ever put up against Nicky..

2 Likes

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Sezua(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2014
gboru: Hit like if you are here to read comments
no like for u today come tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Bryan12(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2014
50calibre: Eve has gone soft, she married a whitey

Missy is sick

Lil kim has metamorphorsised

I can't think of any real female gangsta rapper of this era, the likes of Nicki Minaj & iggy are the new face of female rap.
Dude you seem to know everything about anything...
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:23am On Aug 28, 2014
jnrbayano:

shocked shocked

Wetin? undecided
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by talk2riel: 10:23am On Aug 28, 2014
Blockus: R.I.P to Aliyah & Left Eye.. Both these Biitches were the truth. I still listen to 'Never be the Same again' Mel C (of Spice Girls) just to hear Lefteye take a Mic and beat that song to death.. Ask for Aliyah, I have her entire discography and have an MP3 CD of it in all my whips.. Both these girls where Queen B's of the rap game..

Now To others like;

Lil Kim,
Da'Brat,
Ill Nana a.k.a Foxy Brown,
Missdemenor Elliot,
M.C Lyte,
Remy Ma
Queen Latifah
Eve
Salt-N-Pepa
Trina
Rah Digga
Rasheeda
Khia
Lil Mo
Lumidee
Erykah Badu
Ms. Dynamite
Diams
Roxanne Shanti
Kellis.

e.t.c..

These girls were the truth. They didnt do rap when it was all about just slutty music as such, these biitches could spit verses for days and even keep Male M.C's on their toes.

I guess music like with everything in life changes with time.

I still have everyone of these M.C's on my Laptop and jam them every chance i get.
Your list should be women rapper hall of fame
No be only blockus you get, you have a great list of songs
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 28, 2014
OP God will bless u immensely for dis thread, rem way bak in second sch we rocked dose songs ooo. Chai. Miss dem like crazy. Eve was d bomb for me, miss dem soo much
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by akabude: 10:25am On Aug 28, 2014
Wow! I love Eve and Hill. Great Rappers.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Bryan12(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2014
PERFECT2: ILLUMINATI sent them packing.
Fact!
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Doubletee13(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Had this super crush on Missy Elliot way back...Something about the tomboys.
Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by kliq(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2014
FOXY BROWN,QUEEN PEN cool

Plus

Lady of Rage and YOYO cool

1 Like

Re: Female Rappers That Made My Childhood: Have They Retired? by Calebosko(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2014
av any of u chek my profile lately that all my coment na only one-one like i dey get??hmm no need to coment for this one

ok my best 3 na 1.eve,2.lil kim,3missy eliot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Legendary Musicians Who Never Learned How To Read Music / BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List) / [MP3 Download] The Cross My Gaze Album By Mercy Chinwo FREE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.