Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery (107321 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Benny Hinn's Wife Files For Divorce, Very Sad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by free2ryhme: 2:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nobleval: Evegran..you unfollowed me...hmmm. Why?

Female wey u meet for NL wey u don't know who she be unfollowed you instead of make u thank God for your deliverance u dey there dey complain I pity ur destiny

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Briareos(m): 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
successking:
From your words it's clear that you are either a product of divorce or speaking from the depth of bitterness.

Or I'm just allergic to double standard and bullshit.

successking:
Divorce is not the way forward and can never be in a troubled marital relationship. When you begin to have irreconcilable differences in marriage, examine yourself and you will see the crack line.

Change they says, is the only constant thing in the world. Human beings change. When a couple marry each other, they are on the same page in several things. But over the years, changes will occur that might turn them to total strangers. Some couples are lucky enough to change together, but not everyone is that lucky.

When this shit happens, the best thing is to separate instead of fighting and trying to be in a loveless marriage. After all, you have limited time to spend on earth - why waste it on a sour relationship? Єνєяу individual owe himself/herself happiness.

successking:
If divorce is a core value in your family, then keep it for your family and don't indoctrinate others into believing that it's the way forward.

Trolololol.

If divorce is a core value in my family? I won't have a family in the first place if divorce is a core value? Lol

7 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by shadrach77: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
blink182: On this issue, I will stand by Pastor Chris. It is obvious Pastor Chris will not be going the way of many nigerian pastors including big shots like Late Arch. Bishop Benson Idahosa, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Pastor Oyedepo and others who turned the church of God into personal property that will be willed to their wives instead he has chosen to take the part of Redeem church, baptist and other big churches where pastors rise through the ranks.

I was a BLW member for about 4 years and in BLW you can be just a cell member today and become a Pastor tomorrow all depending on your ability to win souls for Christ.

It has become obvious to Anita that eventually when Pastor Chris passes on, she is not next in line to become President of BLW. I know at least 20 pastors that are ahead of her in ministry. While wait until the dude is gone and I am placed on some funny pension while another takes over the helm of things? I should divorce the man now and cart away with all the court permits.

Let me make it known too that Pastor Chris does not have personal property to the best of my knowledge, the privileges he enjoys are attached to the office of President, Believers Love World. When he is no more, all of these perks will simply slide to the next president and Anita is having non of it. She wants her share and she wants it now, while I feel sympathy for her, I think she has gone too far with the adultery accusation but then she might be right.

I pray God gives Pastor Chris the wisdom and courage to outlive this storm likewise Anita.

You are slightly silly dude. If you want to defend someone, defend them whole heartedly. You said Pastor Chris is doing things the right way, but you are also saying he might be guilty of adultery, speaking through the two corners of your mouth. Your post seemed plausible at first, but the later part of it depicts you as a two-faced individual angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by free2ryhme: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
rattlesnake:

I DONT BELIEVE IN god angry angry

And u dey use His name dey curse person. U normal?

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by manny4life(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
okeyben10:

yu sound like a broken record
adultery is grounds for divorce
curly haired swaggery chris oyakilome...had the effrontery to preach in favor of masturbation.
v always known he had skeletons.
thank yu wife for exposing his hypocrisy.
one down....

Did you bother to read the comment? Adultery is grounds for divorce? According to the poster, will that fall under the Bible?

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Wale112(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
Nigerians grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Mbediogu(m): 2:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
[quote author=Sunnybobo3]The dissolution of the marriage between Christ Embassy Church founder, Pastor Christian Oyakhilome, and his wife, Rev. Anita Odegwa Oyakhilome, has entered the final phase, TheCable can report. The wife is seeking divorce on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery”. She outlined several allegations against the pastor which TheCable cannot publish for legal reasons.

The divorce case, with Suit No FD14D01650, was filed on April 9, 2014 at Divorce Section A, Central Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn, London, UK, on Anita’s behalf by Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors, a full-service law firm with expertise in commercial law and a strong consumer focus in family, wills and estate, personal injury law and medical negligence.

Efforts to reconcile the popular couple, whose church is one of the biggest denominations in Nigeria and has branches all over world, have failed. They have two teenage daughters, Sharon and Charlyn. Oyakhilome is the president of Believers’ Love World Inc, the registered name of the Christian ministry, while his wife is the vice-president.

The pastor, according to an elder of the church, has denied allegations of adultery and believes his wife is being influenced by “bad friends” who are intent on destroying their home. While Anita believes she has been relegated in the scheme of things in the church, her husband has reportedly accused her of trying to usurp power and authority above her seniors in the ministry.

Sources told TheCable that the pastor had been making efforts to avoid divorce in the hope that the wife would eventually have a change of mind. However, TheCable can also report that the decree nissi was served on the charismatic pastor in his hotel room during a recent visit to the UK. Decree nissi, in legal terms, is like a yellow card in a football match which is a precursor to a red card (“decree absolute”) if no new evidence is provided to stall proceedings. Church insiders said Oyakhilome had been hoping for rapprochement, but he was left with no option than to receive the papers when the lawyers cornered him at his hotel in London. The decree absolute, which will effectively end the marriage, is expected to be issued soon while terms of the divorce will be worked out by the lawyers on both sides.

'Mulier est hominis confucio' which is to say 'Woman is man's joy and all his bliss' - Chaucer.
Right from Adam it has always been so, and so ad infinitem.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by mbulela: 2:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
rattlesnake: [size=20pt]LIES

GOD PUNISH ANYONE WHO STARTED THIS[/size]
God does not work like that.
Besides, He does not punish. He blesses.
It is the devil that kills,steals and destroys.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by manny4life(m): 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
As much as the story of adultery is unbelievable, if it occurred, shame on Pastor Chris, nonetheless, the wife hasn't shown any respect for the God she serves. A lot of so-called Christians under guise of titles like pastors, reverend, and what not do not have the attribute of our Lord Jesus Christ. A perfect example of "Many are called, BUT FEW were chosen". Her actions depicts mockery of the church... Shame on all of them.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by obiscolly(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
Divorce is not a sin angry

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by uzoexcel(m): 2:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Youngsage: grin grin grin
Diaris Godu in everything we are doing. You this Pastor. You see, God have catch you. Kontinu. Kontinu oh. Is it good? You think sey na only you waka come abi?

Now America has known all the things you have been doing, she have know.

But Final Judgement day his still coming. keep it up.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by uzoexcel(m): 2:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
ur point?
joycooten2002: The Lord have mercy on you @OP
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by free2ryhme: 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2014
shadrach77:

You are slightly silly dude. If you want to defend someone, defend them whole heartedly. You said Pastor Chris is doing things the right way, but you are also saying he might be guilty of adultery, speaking through the two corners of your mouth. Your post seemed plausible at first, but the later part of it depicts you as a two-faced individual angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry sad sad angry angry

The dude is given a balance opinion which is sensible. Re-read again

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Lilimax(f): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
manny4life: As much as the story of adultery is unbelievable, if it occurred, shame on Pastor Chris, nonetheless, the wife hasn't shown any respect for the God she serves. A lot of so-called Christians under guise of titles like pastors, reverend, and what not do not have the attribute of our Lord Jesus Christ. A perfect example of "Many are called, BUT FEW were chosen". Her actions depicts mockery of the church... Shame on all of them.
I still don't believe this story undecided?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by irokop(m): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Somebody shout a big halaluya, this man came with K leg and he is going with Boaul legs give God a big Amen.

If you stick to adultery and unruled behavior, you will come back with public disgrace, give God a big clap, Anita will make millions from pastor chris. Black ppl should really wake up from their slumber, since my life I have been living in Europe for over 2 decades now I have never seen a 70 years old non white man or woman walking and holding hands together as husband and wife, it's always sweet when they are young, afterwards divorces straight away

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by silversonuc(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lol street men on rampage
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by geodkings: 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
completely [b]FALSE REPORT.
Don't comment on what you are not sure of and don't bring Curses to yourselves for what you know nothing about.
Be warned !!! : These comments/ malicious statements are against a Minister of God, A man after Gods heart.[/b]
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Cabsso(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Rikidony: CHAI KONJI NA BASTARD. EVEN MEN OF GOD NO FIT AVOID AM...... WELL LET THE FVCKING CONTINUE grin grin grin
Lwkmd u just mak me dey misbehav wit ur comment.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Firefire(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
God please heal their home... and every other Christian home that is passing through turbulence.

Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by damosky12(m): 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ventura1: Proponent of monogamy form of marriage are the cause of all these cases. Its really difficult for a man to stick to one woman and God did not condemn polygamy.
What christians quote to condemn polygamy is just an advise from apostle paul and not a law.
You can as well say: 'to Love was an advise from Jesus', 'to pray ir an advise from James','to study God's word is an advise from Peter'. Listen Oga, dont be confused, when God created Adam, HE gave him just one Eve and not 'as much Eves as he wants'. "....for this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and they will be one flesh"- Gen 2:24. Note, it did'nt say "united with all his wives".

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
joycooten2002: There is nothing like FD14D01650. Its a case involving another person. Why changing fact. Now I know that you guys are detractors
Which suit number is involving the pastor's case?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Awoofawo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Toonice: Guys, becareful wat u type here, remember 'Sin agaist holyspirit can never be forgive'

So Pastor Chris na Holy Spirit?! cool

5 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by fairari022(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
shadrach77:

a good judge should be open minded and he shouldn't narrow his judgment to one myopic direction, he should be able to induct and deduct, and weigh his judgment on two scale, like the symbol of the Nigeria judiciary.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Rikidony(m): 2:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Cabsso:
Lwkmd u just mak me dey misbehav wit ur comment.
BRO NA FVCKING GALORE MEN OF GOD THE DO THIS DAYS

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
shadrach77:

you are just a brainless mor.on. I am neutral on this issue, I am neither for Chris nor Anita. You expect me to take sides when I do not even know these people personally and how they live. It is people like you blinded by sentiments that are destroying the progress of this country.

If a meeting was called with both parties in attendance where they both make these accusations and counter accusations, then I will be able to draw my conclusion based on very personal references. Presently I am operating with facts that I have:

Anita said he is an adulterer-i haven't caught him in the act and neither can I say he is not guilty because she is his wife and should know him better

I analysed all the issues based on information available to the public and my little experience from worshipping at BLW.

Do you think I am happy this is happening to them or you think I'm the average nairalander that is only interested in the downfall of his neighbour and personality murder without facts.

3 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by silversonuc(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
achinaboy:
then if prety women is the problem of a man,the u try ur best and get a prety lady,and also test the machine before u buy,some people pretends to be christians, no chuku before marriage, and then they found out after marriage that the lady go just lay down without shaking the engine, and oh ohoo u starts regret and and u remember ur old gall that can shake the engine well well, and finally u stats cheating,,,,so my point is if u love woman like i do,,get a prety wife,,and also test and confirm that she is good finito then enjoy,,,my opinion anyway
well said brov
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Idrismusty97(m): 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
geodkings: completely FALSE REPORT.
Don't comment on what you are not sure of and don't bring Curses to yourselves for what you know nothing about.
Be warned !!! : These comments/ malicious statements are against a Minister of God, A man after Gods heart.
If god will curse you for criticizing a so call "Man of god" what is stopping him from cursing shekau and all the criminals/terrorists roaming free in our territory? Are you trying to incite fear in people? pleaseeee Nigerians are growing above this toddler sort of reasoning. Take it elsewhere!

7 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
chimzyblack: SOME PEEPS ARE ALREADY POSTING RUBISSH.
HOW DO U KNW THAT HE COMMITTED ADULTERY WHERE U DERE WHEN HE WAS COMMITTING IT?
Do you know the guy more than his wife? Anyway, i know you are about to start the ' touch not mine anointed ' rubbish. People like you make us laugh!

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
This sh!!t has been going on for some years and that's why the report say it has reach its final phase.
ghettodreamz: Mehn, the soon to be ex don hammer big time cheesy cheesy grin

If the pastors and so-called ministers of God are finding it so hard to resist the devil and temptation of fallen and swimming in sin, I wonder what would be the congregants' hope? Undoubtedly true, we are all humans and as such we are prone to err. I, however, thought an acclaimed man of God or ministers in His vineyard should be able to live a godly, sacred and holy life that is blameless in the sight of God and men.

I wonder if an acclaimed man of God, a head of a church who is supposed to lead, guide his flock in an exemplary ways as a good shepherd does, is entangled with such a big mess as this. What good values are there for the flock of sheep to emulate from such shepherd? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Honestly, when things like this are happening, it's fairly reasonable to say the end is absolutely near. No wonder, Jesus Christ asked in the Bible if he would really find faith on the earth when he returns - Luke 18:8

Nowadays, going to church just din't cut it anymore, I believe what matter most at this end time is for an individual to move closer to God, more like having a close and personal relationship with God, rather than making a self-acclaimed minister of God ones spiritual role model or father-in-the-Lord, forgetting that we are all humans after all and fallible by nature.

It is well, amen.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by philips70(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
Any man that doesn't cheat in this nude age of Facebook, Twitter, 2go, Instagram, BBM etc needs to see Dr Sanjay Gupta cos he might be schizophrenic. Apart from that it is Adamic. Women, believe otherwise, attack me and die young when your prince charming come crashing at heels of some daughter of eve. There's a trace of cheating on every man's DNA just that some are serial like the King Solomons whilst some are suppressed for some inherent reasons. Even this category have list of crushes in their minds. And this is a negligible few. Cheating is no different from the normal lies people tell daily or numerous other sins.This is from a well made published research. Attack me and continue to live in denial.

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
Idrismusty97: If god will curse you for criticizing a so call "Man of god" what is stopping him from cursing shekau and all the criminals/terrorists roaming free in our territory? Are you trying to inspired fear in people? pleaseeee Nigerians are growing above this toddler sort of reasoning. Take it elsewhere!
'...toddler sort of reasoning' : this got me laughing!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
A man cheats on his wife and you blame The wife... Right? *Grow up!
priscaoge: Don't let ur hubby go out "HUNGRY" or "HOR•NY". Maybe the woman didn't play her part well n the pastor couldn't control d konji lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. #JustThinking

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Sister Kate: I Wear The Hijab Because My Backside Can Make Men Miss Heaven / There Are Many Other Virgin Births Besides Jesus. / Paul Ado Bayero: Kano Emir's Grandson Who Converted To Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.