Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video (39152 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: I was at that Shiloh when he slapped the witch,she claimed to be a witch for Jesus,today she is free from the hold of witchcraft worshipping Jesus as her Lord and personal saviour.Oyedepo has a temperament which is known to most members of LFC especially to CU students,they dread him as mice dread the cats,was he wrong in slapping the witch,yes and no,I'd slap her too if I were him,that's is pure blasphemy,making a pure mockery of God right in front of the congregation,Jesus did whip the buying and selling out of his templeundecided

I was in service the day he said $150m is less than the money he gives his kids as wedding gifts.The man ranks in billions,no one can estimate his worth.That's his own personal wealth not the church's combined.

he is not a man of God, he is a CROOK par excellence.

He made his money from the hard labour and sweat of others.

His time for judgement is coming.

4 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by superstar3: 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
If the school is for humanitarian purpose, Winner/Oyedepo should say to hell with their haters in UK as there are still many children of school age roaming the street of Nigeria without education opportunity.

But I know the proposed UK school is for profit making as usual just like the one in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by redsun(m): 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Reference:

It is a choice and so it is a right. Oyedepo's members have made a choice. How is that a threat to you.

Jim jones followers made a choice too.Do you think that should have been allowed to happen?

Religion is very hypnotic,the vulnerable and the fundamentally(inherently) ignorant falls prey easily.They have to be saved from themselves and fortunately uk is a society governed by the rule of law.It is been like this for over nine hundred years since the conquering normans introduced the common laws and procedural justice system of which nigeria and the rest of the colonized world myopically and inadvertently copies today.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
allanphash7: op I am not a christain or a muslim not even a traditionalist but i beleive there is God just one God , i dont beleive in religion cos i found that it is politics. i pray that God should bless your knowledge the more with this clips. i love it and i pity those that have found themself in the captivity of BDO. sorry for unna. op need more of this clip pls am following you immediately joor. ire o!

Thanks.

This is my mission, to fight against these crooks and charlatans until I breathe my last breath.

4 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
@topic...... cast your bread upon the waters......Reminds me of that bibble verse that says we'd all stand and give account of our every actions.(paraphrased). Thrs alot of nonsense we do here in naija that wldnt be tolerated in other climes cos they believe each and every of their citizen has dignity. Till tomorrow, I insist that slap was a violation of the little girls human rights. QED

4 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Reference(m): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Xtfield: There are Nigerians in the UK who do not like the school system there but will not like their children to come to school in Nigeria. I guess these kind of schools will meet their needs. I dont really think the Bishop has Britons in mind. I bet u when the school opens 99% of its patrons will be Nigerians or Africans.

Thanks. Really donot know why people react this way. It is a church, a religious organization. It has its preferences, period. Other religions, other christian denominations have their ways, their codes, their standards. Why Oyedepo and Winners chapel. What sort of threat does this man pose that it works people up so much. I think there is something people are not saying because its shameful. But its understandable.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by BodyKiss(m): 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: I was at that Shiloh when he slapped the witch,she claimed to be a witch for Jesus,today she is free from the hold of witchcraft worshipping Jesus as her Lord and personal saviour.Oyedepo has a temperament which is known to most members of LFC especially to CU students,they dread him as mice dread the cats,was he wrong in slapping the witch,yes and no,I'd slap her too if I were him,that's is pure blasphemy,making a pure mockery of God right in front of the congregation,Jesus did whip the buying and selling out of his templeundecided

I was in service the day he said $150m is less than the money he gives his kids as wedding gifts.The man ranks in billions,no one can estimate his worth.That's his own personal wealth not the church's combined.

I give up. This is Gullible 2.0

10 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by chronique(m): 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
Abeg,let's forget all these talk of whites hating on him. Of what use is it opening a school in the UK where they have an educational system that trumps ours,when He can as well invest that money in Nigeria to assist in the turn around of our near commatose educational system? There's so much work to be done at home;why invest in the UK? I'm a christian and I make bold to say,that this is a misplacement of priority. What standard of education do they intend to introduce there,that is not already there? Honestly,some men of God are losing focus seriously. The bible asked us to spread the gospel of Christ,not the business part of the church.

9 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
dazzlingbeau: It is as real as santa Claus or tooth fairy. Thank you for admiring my profile. kiss
Hehe...you're welcome.MAYBE Santa is real shocked grin...But believe me LOF IS REAL undecided lipsrsealed .
You have beautiful eyes...
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
chronique: Abeg,let's forget all these talk of whites hating on him. Of what use is it opening a school in the UK where they have an educational system that trumps ours,when He can as well invest that money in Nigeria to assist in the turn around of our near commatose educational system? There's so much work to be done at home;why invest in the UK? I'm a christian and I make bold to say,that this is a misplacement of priority. What standard of education do they intend to introduce there,that is not already there? Honestly,some men of God are losing focus seriously. The bible asked us to spread the gospel of Christ,not the business part of the church.

Perfectly said with just one small correction, he is not a man of God, he is a man of Mammon.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by redsun(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
In a normal society,with that obvious and brutal slap on a child,that guy will be stripped of his rights to be around children,including his own children.

7 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by dazzlingbeau(f): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
Please understand that jesus chased out peole buying and selling in the temple,turning it into a business center. He chased out peole like your papa Oyedepo and not witches and wizards . So try and save your face and stop quoting this part of the bible to justify the terrible act of your pastor.

4 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Pataki: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Was this not the same church that has a primary school here in Nigeria wherein a child died there? undecided

Awon ole alufa are back at it again! I hope the UK thoroughly flushes out everything that has to do with all these naija pastorpreneurs and child molesters.

6 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Reference(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
redsun:

Jim jones followers made a choice too.Do you think that should have been allowed to happen?

Religion is very hypnotic,the vulnerable and the fundamentally(inherently) ignorant falls prey easily.They have to be saved from themselves and fortunately uk is a society governed by the rule of law.It is been like this for over nine hundred years since the conquering normans introduced the common laws and procedural justice system of which nigeria and the rest of the colonized world myopically and inadvertently copies today.

He is seeking permission to establish a SCHOOL. What diffrentiates him or his church from other faiths or denominations that run schools. What is the 'Jim Jones' threat in that.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by HezronLorraine(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
frosbel:

he is not a man of God, he is a CROOK par excellence.

He made his money from the hard labour and sweat of others.

His time for judgement is coming.
May you be alive to see his judgment befall him.

His ministry is wide and grown and among the top five richest ministries on the planet.Just so you know he keeps a book of all the prophecies of God,when he wrote about buying aircrafts,he had not even seen an helicopter face to face,when God told him about this wealth he had salary of N2,don't judge cause you don't believe,that's what the Jews did to Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by allanphash7(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
your papa or our papa? pls re phrase
kehindetayo: Our papa is only slapping d evil spirit in her not d girl. Its takes spirit to understand things dat happen in d spirit! Papa go on!

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
I won't be surprised to meet brutes like Adolf Hitler, Idi Amin, Mobutu sesekko, and Mammar Ghadafi in heaven, while the so called men of God are thrown below!

Is there anywhere in d New Testament dat points out Jesus slapping people during deliverance?!

Is there anywhere in d New Testament dat points out Jesus acquiring wealth, private Jets, cars, houses, and so on?!

Name one great prophet in d bible dat had a permanent home and horses(exotic cars)?

Truth be told: Most of these modern day pastors/Revs/Bishops/and prophets all serve God ostentatiously. They live large at d expense of their poor followers who pay 1/10th of their chicken salaries, and end up drinking garri, while their pastors are busy acquiring private jets, and sipping champagne!.

Like I said earlier, those we clearly think wld end up in hell might end up in heaven, while many dat flaunt as men of God might end up in hell!

Truth be really told!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by HezronLorraine(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
dazzlingbeau: Please understand that jesus chased out peole buying and selling in the temple,turning it into a business center. He chased out peole like your papa Oyedepo and not witches and wizards . So try and save your face and stop quoting this part of the bible to justify the terrible act of your pastor.
Am not justifying it.What is the difference they are both anomalies that shouldn't be done or said in church,simple.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Footlocker(m): 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Xtfield: There are Nigerians in the UK who do not like the school system there but will not like their children to come to school in Nigeria. I guess these kind of schools will meet their needs. I dont really think the Bishop has Britons in mind. I bet u when the school opens 99% of its patrons will be Nigerians or Africans.
Last I checked almost every primary/ secondary in uk was diverse! So if he's expecting just africans he's school will fail within just 2years! How many immigrants can afford a private primary school education? And unless it's a boarding school he has in mind, most people attend schools walking distance away from there house! Stupid rules he's applies in nigeria such as no phones etc he cannot try it in uk!

6 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by chronique(m): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigerians in the UK do not like the school system there? The same system Nigerian schools are copying at home? Pls,say something else. cool

5 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by dazzlingbeau(f): 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Brainwashed zombies angry
HezronLorraine: May you be alive to see his judgment befall him.

His ministry is wide and grown and among the top five richest ministries on the planet.Just so you know he keeps a book of all the prophecies of God,when he wrote about buying aircrafts,he had not even seen an helicopter face to face,when God told him about this wealth he had salary of N2,don't judge cause you don't believe,that's what the Jews did to Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by nora544: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pataki: Was this not the same church that has a primary school here in Nigeria wherein a child died there? undecided

Awon ole alufa are back at it again! I hope the UK thoroughly flushes out everything that has to do with all these naija pastorpreneurs and child molesters.

Winners Chapel is also the subject of an ongoing investigation by the Charity Commission concerning the methods used to obtain money from its followers and other alleged financial irregularities.

The school acknowledges "God as the sovereign and only wise God in all affairs of life and learning", and believes the Bible to be "the ultimate source of wisdom".

It says it will approach discipline "very firmly" and expects the head teacher to "ensure there is an atmosphere that encourages respect for authority, strong character, obedience and a Christ-like spirit."

A statement on the David Oyedepo Ministries International website links "disobedience" with "witchcraft", stating:

"As far as God is concerned, disobedience is as terrible as witchcraft. 1 Samuel 15:23a says: For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. May God not catch you as a witch. His Word also says, "Do not suffer a witch to live" (Exodus 22:18). If you are not bringing up your children in the way they should go, you are cutting short the number of your days. Receive grace from God now, to be obedient to this commandment on child training in Jesus' name. …"

In 2012 the Metropolitan Police warned that children believed to be possessed by evil spirits or believed to be witches are at "clear and immediate risk of significant harm".

In considering this school's registration, the NSS has also asked the DfE to look into the details surrounding the death of a three-year-old child who drowned in the toilets of a Kingdom Heritage Model School operated by Winners Chapel in Nigeria in 2012.

https://www.nairaland.com/1870726/nss-raise-concerns-over-new
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by redsun(m): 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Reference:

He is seeking permission to establish a SCHOOL. What diffrentiates him or his church from other faiths or denominations that run schools. What is the 'Jim Jones' threat in that.

The jim jones threat is that is his fold encourages and tolerates violence.And it starts with dictatorship,verbal abuse, minor violence,torture,murder and forced suicide.

A school is suppose to be a place where children learn interactively,feel safe,confident and protected.

5 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
Degis: Until the Brits agree that investigating Oyedepo is different from investigating Winners Chapel, Uk, they will keep on making elementary school mistakes. Oyedepo is not a registered trustee of Living Faith Church neither is he a juristic person in relation to Winners Chapel, Uk. All these investigations and assumptions will only lead to the trash can. Jesus is Lord. The gates of Hell can never prevail against the church of Christ.

Indeed Jesus is your Lord,the first ship to pick slaves from Africa was Good Ship Jesus.... However a slave will remain a slave,ride on!
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Revolva(m): 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
But all thse super rich pastors and opening ofschools dem no dey ever open factory of products. To add to the economy of their country...businesmen 101

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by dazzlingbeau(f): 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Guy you are not making sense. From your previous message you said you will slap the girl too,so tell me how that is not justifying it? And also there is a huge difference,jesus chased out buying and selling and not witches. So the little girl speaking bad english is an anomalies to the church? Bros move. angry
HezronLorraine: Am not justifying it.What is the difference they are both anomalies that shouldn't be done or said in church,simple.

5 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by dazzlingbeau(f): 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Serious mumu grin cheesy
BodyKiss:

I give up. This is Gullible 2.0

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Reference(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
redsun:

The jim jones threat is that is his fold encourages and tolerates violence.And it starts with dictatorship,verbal abuse, minor violence,torture,murder and forced suicide.

A school is suppose to be a place where children learn interactively,feel safe,confident and protected.

And these ideals you speak about are not viewed universally by parents. Same was said about his schools in Nigeria but almost a decade later parents still send their kids there. You fail to recognize the diversity of opinion. Not everyone is an atheist or free thinker or free spirited being. He is offering to his members a choice of attending a school that projects his values and that of the church. People who do not even attend to his church say no. Will you say that of schools under jewish, islamic, catholic, mormon, 7th day adventist rules and curriculums.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by MissTeaseMe(f): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
dazzlingbeau: You were there when he was receiving the phone call? undecided
U dey mind the dumdum?
Next the he will claim the UN called him to save the world

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Hartleyangel(f): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Degis: Until the Brits agree that investigating Oyedepo is different from investigating Winners Chapel, Uk, they will keep on making elementary school mistakes. Oyedepo is not a registered trustee of Living Faith Church neither is he a juristic person in relation to Winners Chapel, Uk. All these investigations and assumptions will only lead to the trash can. Jesus is Lord. The gates of Hell can never prevail against the church of Christ.
abeg dnt confuse things.the church of christ is the Catholic Church ok.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by jude33084(m): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chinom: Why does he want to open a school in UK ? !!. There is a lot to do in Nigeria that will help the common man. Has this man ever thought of opening a factory?.

I just don't like his philosophy.

Obviously we don't have the kind of money they want undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Hartleyangel(f): 12:41pm On Aug 31, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

God Saved Oyedepo From Plane Crash / Mercy Chinwo Condemns #SilhouetteChallenge: 'Women, Know Your Worth' / Modernization In The Church! I Felt Odd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.