Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Changed - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Changed (25619 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / It Changed Me Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changed by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2014
Anticipating
Re: Changed by stormybucci(m): 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
JigsawKillah: please guys

I'm really sick now

I'm down with chicken pox
**asking curiously**chicken kini??!! where did u get it from?? hw did u get it?? who did u get it 4rm?? when did u get it?? have u taken drugs?? have u visited d hospital?? hope it isn't 2much?? pls get well soon
yoursfaithfully
STORMYBUCCI
Re: Changed by lanicky(f): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
Get well soon Jigsawkillah cry

Hii SammyHoe.
Re: Changed by Nobody: 3:00am On Sep 14, 2014
lanicky: Get well soon Jigsawkillah cry

Hii SammyHoe.

Oh my...never knew Jigsawkillah was strong
Get well soon bro

@Lanicky, hello
Re: Changed by bibie01(f): 4:08pm On Sep 14, 2014
Nice story u have here, pls get well soon.

Following#waitingpatiently#
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 12:05am On Sep 15, 2014
specially dedicated to our PL xtarxhyne and stormybucci and every other person on this thread

Double E did his best, played the surveillance tapes over a hundred times, asked about one million questions, but was still left clueless. A street urchin who was there when John was kidnapped was brought to him, it was a valuable information but for now, it seemed useless. The blood on the floor was declared long dead though it was the same blood group as Angela. Her kidnapper has done his homework Pretty good. But no one is perfect, and he must find the flaws.

John woke up on the floor in big room with the walls painted white and then one big mirror at one side of the wall. He couldn't locate the door at first and wouldn't have if the door had not opened. He turned around sharply and came face to face with a man in a lab coat.
"Who are you? What do you want from me?"
"Relax Mr Man, your case is not in your hands" the man said dryly "if we wanted you dead, we would had killed you long ago." He busied himself with a folded piece of paper on his hands "you see, you are a wrong son of a right dad. I envy you, a lot of people do." He made for the door but was obstructed by John. "The more i hang around you, the more worse things I'm going to do to you"
John felt cold and asked stuttering "w-w-w-what a-a-re y-y-y-you going to do me?"
The man said "just relax and try to learn. Make no funny moves" and he walked out.
John made to go after him but the door was shut to his face while he screamed "please let me go! Please! Name your price! Please......!!!" Then he started crying. "Oh God, please forgive me my sins" he prayed silently.
He tried to rack his brain and maybe find a way out. Why is he here? He asked himself quietly. What has his Dad had to do with this? He stopped crying and tried to man up but his courage failed him. He rested his head on the wall and slept off, feeling helpless.

Double E paid John's home a visit, with his assistant as company. He ransacked the whole house in search of anything that might stand as a clue.
Hr turned to his assistant who had been standing idly ever since they got here "when last did you put your brain to work?"
He replied smiling foolishly "just now"
"Really? By standing idly and looking like a fool? I'd rather make use of a dog than you" he was getting agitated.
Still smiling he said "i was thinking"
"About?"
"Arresting Mr Samuel Sir"
"Why?"
"Because he is a prime suspect"
"Really? Why are you always this stupid? His son and daughter in-law are the ones missing, not a rival!"
"Sorry sir but can i present reasons?"
"Alright, go ahead"
"First, his son is the one missing, and he was kidnapped on his way to his house"
"Jesus! So? That isn't enough to warrant his arrest. Please keep your stupid thoughts to yourself"
"All I'm saying is that he is a suspect and a very big one at that"
"And all I'm saying is keep your thoughts to yourself" and he walked out.
He went back to Mr Samuel's home. He sat in Angela's room, walked to the bathroom and came back. He sat on the bed and tried to picture Angela going into the bathroom. He wondered how can someone gain entrance into the house without scaling the fence? He believed the camera wasn't tampered with, which means the kidnapper was inside all the time. His assistant might be right after all, Mr Samuel hands are a little dirty then. He's going to interview him but what if there are other ways of gaining entrance into the building? Only Mr Samuel can answer that question and he's going to extract that from him. He's getting close to cracking this case, and only God knows what is going to happen to the culprit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 15, 2014
Mind blowing.
More strength to your pen. How is your health now?
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Angela woke up feeling weak. She could feel blood gathering in her brain as she was hung upside down, she's running out of time. No way to tell the time since the room was dimly lit up by a 60watts bulb. How long had she been here? What is it her kidnapper wants? She couldn't recall how she came here, the last thing she remembered was being in her room. She cried silently.

Schemer was in his house smoking weed, wrap after wrap he blazed, coupled with monkeytail (a local mixture of weed and dry gin). He was a young man in his early thirties, heavily built with big black lips, probably gotten from too much weed. He is 6'7 with chocolate skin, a scarred face, deep voice and red eyes. He's always seen in tank tops and jeans, a heavy gold watch and necklace always on his hands and neck respectively. His body smelt riches, but one would wonder why he loves the locally made gin. When asked once, he laughed and said "na the one wey dey make me see road pass". He was the one who spearheaded the attack on John, with the others being his boys, they merely felt they were working for their boss, which is true but only to an extent. Schemer wasn't his name, he had earned it back in his university days, after thwarting lecturers and stealing question papers as well as sneaking into laboratories and every other place he could not afford not to be. He was nicknamed schemer by a frustrated professor whom he made leave his office so he could submit his exam paper. The professor had been forewarned that the new set comprises of a lad named Onome, who's a cultist and also brilliant, he was told to thread carefully that the boy's GPA is yet to fall below his normal 4.7. He hated the boy instantly and if not for the boy's connection, he would have failed him but he couldn't, because the boy would ask for his papers. Schemer was an orphan with just a sister and he was doing everything he could to fend for himself until he met a man who changed his life
His phone rang, he stared at it, and picked it up at the third ring
"The stüpid boy is safe and doing nothing as usual......i think we should let him go but give him some injuries so as to keep the police confused.....let's concentrate on project C.C instead...... Ok sir......done"
He dropped the call, he got up, walked into his room, opened his wardrobe, he punched a code into what had seemed to be a wall and it gave way, showing a long corridor. He entered into the corridor, walked towards the end and stopped, punched another code and a wider door opened. He walked in and signaled 2 of his boys and walked into one of the rooms. They blindfolded John and took him away. They beat him up and dropped him in front of his house and drove off living a large cloud of dust behind. John got up, removed the fold from his eyes and he felt real fear. He ran inside speedily only to meet Double E pacing around.
"What are you doing here?" He asked clenching his fists, thinking he's face to face with a burglar.
"John you are back!? How come?"
"You still haven't answered my question Mr man"
"I'm Inspector Edogho" he said bringing out his wallet.
"They dropped me here blindfolded and drove off minutes ago"
Double E rushed out and John followed suit. He entered his own private car with John sitting on the front passenger's seat and tried to follow the trail. When he got to the street's junction, he asked the shop owners if any had noticed a car speeding out.
"Na one yeye jeep wey nearly jam my pikin" a woman said.
"It was a Land Rover but with no plate number" a youth said.
Double E sped off, making calls for all check points to look out for the said car. He told them to leave no stone unturned in looking for the car.

As soon as Schemer and his boys had dropped John, he immediately knew that trouble looms quietly if they didn't play smart. He had seen the inspector's car parked outside and he knew it won't take long before a call was placed to all nearby checkpoints. He smiled as he tried to figure a way out of the impending doom. He told his boys to load their guns and keep it close just incase worst comes to worst.
Re: Changed by daveP(m): 8:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
I see youre good at the giving of stats/figures. Exploit it well.

Angela...... Will wait for u
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
mi bro's back. welc jigsaw. i believe u're fine now? abeg o, shey "worst come to worst" na ordinary english or pigin english?
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
edogho: mi bro's back. welc jigsaw. i believe u're fine now? abeg o, shey "worst come to worst" na ordinary english or pigin english?

I b English student? ask sammyhoe or lorlahlozz
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:46pm On Sep 15, 2014
daveP: I see youre good at the giving of stats/figures. Exploit it well.

Angela...... Will wait for u

I learnt it from pools office
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:47pm On Sep 15, 2014
bibie01 sammyhoe stormybucci lanicky xtarxhyne
ya boy is back thanks for your care
Re: Changed by daveP(m): 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
JigsawKillah:

I learnt it from pool's office
oh nice. Welcome back!!! smiley
Re: Changed by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 16, 2014
JigsawKillah:

I b English student? ask sammyhoe or lorlahlozz

Me na science student o...
Let him ask Lorlaahlozz
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2014
SammyHoe:

Me na science student o...
Let him ask Lorlaahlozz
OK. aunty lorlaahlozz oya come help us here o.
Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 2:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
Neva knew u could write witout ur SAW at d bottom lol.
Nice write up
Re: Changed by Princesschi(f): 8:52am On Sep 17, 2014
Welcome back, the Jig wit a Saw.

Following steadily
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
The room was dimly lit up by a 60watts bulb. Apparently, the voltage is poor. No windows, just a door and a fan turning slowly and making a creaky sound. The room is spacious and empty apart from a chair and a table with a bag on it and they are a few meters far from the door. At the far end opposite the table is where a young woman about 31yrs old was tied. She's fair skinned and even with the weary look she wears on her sleepy face, she's extremely beautiful. She's a 5'7 wearing a well woven hair.

She woke up with a start. She tried to digest her situation. She's been tied to something she just can't fathom what. Head down, hands tied behind her back and legs tied with a metal, though she couldn't see it, she could feel the coldness of the steel. She tried to recall last night happenings, but it was a blur. Her situation is now obvious, she had been napped! By whom and for what reason, she'd have to wait to find out but she dares not try to wait. She must find a way out. She pulled at the chains but nothing happened. She wanted to scream but kicked against it after a second thought. She kept pulling till she became weak, she gave in to tears.

"Oh God save me" she cried silently

Just then the door opened slowly and from his appearance he could easily be named a doctor. A gold rimmed spectacle hung from his bulgy eyes, he wore a pair of hand gloves on each hand and a white lab coat with white shoes to match. He's a 5'2 and chocolate skinned. He carries no beard and he's bald.

"Glad you're awake Angela, I'm afraid i have to commence work now"

"What do you mean by commence work?" She asked tearfully "who are you and what am i doing here?"

The doctor said nothing but walked close to her and removed his spectacles thereby revealing a pair of wide gray eyes. He kept staring at Angela who kept crying and trying to make a bargain.

"You want money? Just name your price, anything you want you'll get it please just let me go" she continued

The Doctor smiled but kept staring at her with his eyes and they show no form of pity in them. So cold was the stare that Angela was forced to keep shut.

The doctor punched her and she passed out

Angela had never been a fighter, she had been weak since birth. Her grace had always spoken for her. She was soft eyed and most times, had been left to the mercy of garrulous girls who always bring more beef than necessary. She had been steadfast in church because she was brought up by God fearing parents. Why John had turned her into a punching bag, she was merely afraid of the punches shouting or fighting back might incur. She had resolved to fate and was only in the marriage because God said so. Now waking up brutally chained was a test to her resolve not to fight back. She felt helpless and was already crying when a Doc walked in and had knocked her out. The Doctor had carried her to a big spacious room, much bigger than the first and more full of life than the first. The place could easily be called an hospital ward but there was only one bed, a wooden bench and a glass table. He dropped her on the table, tied her hands and feet, each separately against the bed's frame and injected her. He dragged the table close to the bed, dropped a chisel, pliers and a key and walked out.
Angela woke up, her eyes wasted no time in adjusting to her current situation. Her brain searched for answers to the questions that her mind was developing. Questions like why haven't they killed me? Are they really ritualists? Weren't they suppose to be dirty? She thought, then for the first time, she thought of escaping. She tried to break loose from the chains that tied her to the bed. She pulled and pulled, but to no avail. She then tried to wriggle free, she felt a sharp pain in her bones and she quickly retired from the act. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on the gargantuan task ahead of her. She might not know why she was brought here but now she's determined to find a way out of here.

Mr Samuel paced about in his room, he has been left in the dark by the police and information reached him that he was fast becoming a suspect. The numbers he had been trying to call have not been reachable. He kept a chilled whiskey close to him and takes a sip occasionally to ease the tension he's starting to feel. His phone rang.....
"Yes......where?.....thank God......ok thank you"
He smiled as he dropped his phone. His stüpid son has been found, Remaining Angela. The police are really incompetent, according to the news he had heard, his son was brought home and the police are yet to name a suspect.
"Useless fellows who gets paid to wear uniforms" he muttered to himself.
He kept pacing about, obviously, that wasn't the call he was waiting for. He had waited for another 30minutes before his phone finally rang.

Double E had just forwarded a call to his assistant whose Van had sped past Schemer's car. The occupants saw the Land Rover following them fits exactly the description they were given. Schemer had seen them first, but he was trying to reverse without drawing the attention of the men ahead of him. The driver of the police van stepped on the brakes and Schemer swerved and entered into the next lane. The police followed suit. A message was immediately sent to the Inspector to inform him of the situation at hand.
Schemer was formulating plans of his own, and with the highway looking free, he's certain he would succeed. The Police were hot on his tails and he wished he hadn't brought the other two guys with him.

Double E knew this chase is likely to end in gunfire so he had dropped John while at the street's junction. He followed the short routes he knew and had hoped to meet up. He urged his assistant to keep up the chase as he alerted other patrol teams.

Schemer looked unperturbed and even smiled when he noticed about half a dozen police vans were on his tail. The other two guys were bewildered, why is this guy laughing when we are about to die? They stole a glance at each other before looking back, as they had done occasionally. More cars had joined the chase and some were coming from the front. Schemer swerved to his right and then to his left and as he spotted a street nearby, he stepped on the brakes and brought the car to a halt.
"Boss why are we stopping?" They asked simultaneously.
He kept a straight face, putting his eyes to work as he saw the police stop and slowly came out of their cars, using it as shield just incase he might open fire. He laughed aloud.
"Get down from the car!" The Inspector's assistant yelled.
"The stüpid fools could not even afford a gramophone" Schemer said and resumed his smiling. The police didn't make a move to go nearer just as he had hoped but all the same, he is going to execute his plan. He started his car, turned it around and drove straight towards the police, while they ran confused, he swerved and drove through a small space he had noticed while he had parked in the road. He rode back the way he had came leaving the police is disarray as they rushed into their car.

Double E's phone beeped and the message reads "he's escaped and heading backwards". Foolish pricks! he exclaimed. He stepped on the gas with such ferocity that the gear would have broken had it not been a little flexible. He drove around a bend and sped off into the highway making a silent wish to come across the men in the Land Rover. He's wish was came to pass almost immediately as he found himself face to face with the same people they've been chasing. They were going head to head and his heart skipped a beat as he thought of the damages he might incur in the process. His car is merely a Camry is less balanced than the car he's about to run into, yet he kept his faith and hoped to make the driver of the opposite car make a wrong move by swerving and probably having an accident. About 30s before collision, after he had noticed the driver meant to run into him, he brought out his pistol and fired at them.

Schemer saw the move Double E was about to make but his trying to dodge certainly wasn't one of his plans. He was going to use the advantage bestowed on him by the car he was using.

Double E fired shots after shots which bore holes in the windshield of the Land Rover yet the driver seem bent on running him over, he dodged and the Land Rover had hit the back of his car with the collision sending him skidding of the road and nearly running into a nearby building but ended up damaging a small portion of the fence. Determined to catch these criminals, he reversed his car and continued the chase. He once again alerted all patrol teams to mount checkpoints in the highway and open fire once they sight the Range Rover with no plate number. That he thought, would lead the criminals into the untarred roads and he hope to catch them there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
Princesschi: Welcome back, the Jig wit a Saw.
Following steadily

thanks mi lady

princesssusan: Neva knew u could write witout ur SAW at d bottom lol.
Nice write up

lol people wouldnt let me be saying i was barbaric, devilish and so i stopped using it lol
Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2014
JigsawKillah:

lol people wouldnt let me be saying i was barbaric, devilish and so i stopped using it lol

Eeeyah daz human being 4 u
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Schemer thought he had successfully and completely dodged the police and was about to sing a song of victory when he came face to face with yet another patrol team that had mounted checkpoints in both lanes of the road.
He would have run into them or fired at them if only he had sophisticated weapons in his possession. He was caught unawares when they immediately opened fire on him the moment they had clear shots. The bullets further damaged the car Double E had done minor damage to. Schemer swerved and turned the car and ran into a nearby street.

The Patrol team immediately called Double E and let him in on the newest development and he dispatched more troops, begging members of other divisions to come to his aid.

Schemer called his Boss and told him about his predicament, asking if he can possibly get the police off his tail. When he got the negative reply, he braced himself up for what might probably be his most difficult test so far.

#################################################

John stormed into his father's house shouting on top of his voice. He was told his father wasn't around, and was fed with the happenings while he was away. He was shocked but happy at the mention of Angela's kidnap and he hoped she doesn't make back alive. He too wondered why no one was asking for any ransom. He has questions for his father so he decided to sit back and wait for the man to return.

###########################################

Angela kept pulling and tugging at the chains that were used to rid her of her freedom. She paused for a moment to think, what do they really want? Is John having a hand in this? What is her father in law doing about this? She concluded that if she need answers, she would only get it by applying force and it might prove to be a wrong move.

She continued to pull and managed to pull out her right hand first, she let out a sharp yell. She had sustained some bruises in her hand and was bleeding from it. The pain was so intense that the hand laid practically dead for some seconds and she spent the next couple of minutes waiting for the pains to subside. She desperately tried to loose her other hand afraid someone might walk in and put her escape mission in Jeopardy.

After much struggle with the chains, she finally succeeded in loosing her other hand and was working on the chains on her feet. Her two hands were bleeding and the bed sheets was in a mess as it was stained all over with blood. She focused on the chains oblivious of the door opening.

The Doctor was surprised, he tiptoed towards her just as she loose the last chain on her leg. She saw him just in time and rolled off the bed as he made to inject her. She made a run for the knife on the table nearby. Just as she was about to collect the knife the Doctor dived her down and they battled for the syringe which had fallen down while the doctor had made the jump at her. Seeing she had lost the syringe to the doctor, she made a move that surprised the doctor, she made for the knife again.

Now she's armed with a knife and the doctor with a syringe, both of them panting heavily. Angela on her own part, was surprised by her new found strength. Adrenaline rush had been her secret. She was determined to find a way out and that had spurred her on.

The Doctor on his part, was surprised. She's supposed to be sleeping, not finding a way to kill him. Why would they even instruct him to keep a knife there?

"Angela please drop the knife" he pleaded

"As soon as you drop the syringe in your hand" she replied confidently.
Inwardly, she's scared but she was determined to overcome.

"You need it's contents. It's important you get to heal first"

"I never complained about any sickness, I'm fine!"

The doctor seemed clueless, he need to send her back to sleep and that was the mission of the syringe in his hands. But since she's holding a knife and he could see determination in her eyes, it's impossible to get close to her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2014
please I need your comments to roll in so I can at least no my audience and get inspired
your criticisms, no matter how brutal, would be appreciated

thanks for your time
Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2014
JigsawKillah: please I need your comments to roll in so I can at least no my audience and get inspired
your criticisms, no matter how brutal, would be appreciated

thanks for your time
Just carry go u‘r doin gr8!
Re: Changed by Mczigx(m): 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
Cary n boss
Re: Changed by stormybucci(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
the hatred john has 4 angella shouldn't be dat much dat he was happy wen he heard dat she was kidnapped, haba!!!! john is an animal
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2014
stormybucci: the hatred john has 4 angella shouldn't be dat much dat he was happy wen he heard dat she was kidnapped, haba!!!! john is an animal
its a pity angela got to marry him. stormy, jigsaw how far? jigsaw u sure d story isn't a short one?
Re: Changed by stormybucci(m): 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
edogho: its a pity angela got to marry him. stormy, jigsaw how far? jigsaw u sure d story isn't a short one?
abi ooo my broda....i jst pray ntin happens 2 her nd she leaves dat ba$tard john alone
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2014
stormybucci: abi ooo my broda....i jst pray ntin happens 2 her nd she leaves dat ba$tard john alone
its like u want her for urself abi? wife snatcher grin
bro how far naw. u dey come nairaland at all? been long o. just stay in good health sha. how high priest odward? since sammy hoe fire am (as it were) i no c am again grin . helep me say hi to him
Re: Changed by stormybucci(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2014
edogho: its like u want her for urself abi? wife snatcher grin
bro how far naw. u dey come nairaland at all? been long o. just stay in good health sha. how high priest odward? since sammy hoe fire am (as it were) i no c am again grin . helep me say hi to him
lol u want make i talk abi??..... Am always on nairaland but it has been my "ghost version" lately(chop nd run away).... As 4 bro odward eehnn **pulls him closer nd whispers 2 his ears** he's gone into exile wink
Re: Changed by daveP(m): 12:52am On Sep 23, 2014
Pinshures of Angela holding the knife or.....

Its the 'keep moving stage' now Jig. Loving the description smiley

let John meet his waterloo!
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 1:09am On Sep 23, 2014
daveP: Pinshures of Angela holding the knife or.....
Its the 'keep moving stage' now Jig. Loving the description smiley
let John meet his waterloo!

lol clean your lenses bruh

Mczigx: Cary n boss

thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soyinka Threatens To Exit Nigeria / Chimamanda Adichie: “Why I Wear Nigerian Designers" / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.