Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money (60785 Views)

How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / She Escaped With His 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by haroon313: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2014
That is the reason why I like it the most.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2014
Good God! What a thread!

Kudos to elantracey, idowuogbo and ishilove for making it interesting.

However, I just feel that we shouldn't judge the woman for trying to get married at 42. We don't know her challenges.

We put too much importance on marriage in Nigeria. At least the woman has 4 million naira. Some people here are looking for 50k to start business.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by perfectbundle(f): 10:09am On Sep 05, 2014
Elantracey:

you can laugh all you want but show me a 30 years old lady that have never being approached all her life then I'll tell her to go see her pastor grin grin

Tracey,u are sooooo naive n unprepared for life.its so obvious and even more clearer as u proceed in ur argument. in ur mode to marry early,am sure u will go for any thing that is a man.

3 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by logica(m): 10:43am On Sep 05, 2014
AllNaijaBlogger: Good God! What a thread!

Kudos to elantracey, idowuogbo and ishilove for making it interesting.

However, I just feel that we shouldn't judge the woman for trying to get married at 42. We don't know her challenges.

We put too much importance on marriage in Nigeria. At least the woman has 4 million naira. Some people here are looking for 50k to start business.
A peek into the hypocritical or should I say, oxymoronic mind of a woman. And in the same post. The sheer beauty. Apparently you don't judge when it affects you or it's too close to home; but you can freely judge otherwise. grin

The fact is, many of you here now waxing philosophical on Elantracey's post had worse to say (to other people of course) when you were younger. Aha. And another fact is, you have not really changed (as in got wiser as a result of experiences in life); it's just that it's too close to home now as you get on closer to 30. You can still "judge" people who don't have 50k to start a business. And then turn around to talk about "we don't know her challenges" on the matter of 40-something and STILL searching.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Elantracey: I pity the woman sad

but what was she doing till 42
waiting for d right man. or probably a career woman. better still taking care of herself to look good but forgot d years were rolling by. she wan compare herself with man. 70 years old man go still give woman belle but not d oda way round. until we begin to accept reality of things., we will keep missing it
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 10:54am On Sep 05, 2014
logica: A peek into the hypocritical or should I say, oxymoronic mind of a woman. And in the same post. The sheer beauty. Apparently you don't judge when it affects you or it's too close to home; but you can freely judge otherwise. grin

The fact is, many of you here now waxing philosophical on Elantracey's post had worse to say (to other people of course) when you were younger. Aha. And another fact is, you have not really changed (as in got wiser as a result of experiences in life); it's just that it's too close to home now as you get on closer to 30. You can still "judge" people who don't have 50k to start a business. And then turn around to talk about "we don't know her challenges" on the matter of 40-something and STILL searching.
You may be right about the highlighted but still doesn't make it right. The thought process must not be allowed to continue. It must stop somewhere.......
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 05, 2014
perfectbundle:
Tracey,u are sooooo naive n unprepared for life.its so obvious and even more clearer as u proceed in ur argument. in ur mode to marry early,am sure u will go for any thing that is a man.

She has already explained her post and clearly too. She didn't mean to judge the woman
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2014
continentalceo: Marriage Palava! Omo but the guy take style wicked shaaa!!
yes very wicked. dats y a lady shouldn't wait to long to become desperate. a man can do dat because he procreates throughtout his life
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by logica(m): 11:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: You may be right about the highlighted but still doesn't make it right. The thought process must not be allowed to continue. It must stop somewhere.......
Stop where? Are you people no longer proponents and supporters of Karma?

I can assure you: anybody who had said "you brought it on yourself" will have the exact same word spoken to him at the tail end of his life; and at the worst possible time. And guess what, such a person will indeed agree.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Solodegreat24(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2014
Elantracey:

Am not being judgemental or trying to blame her but being sincere and Ma'am I believe there's no way a woman whether ugly or fine , fat or thin will not see who to marry her in 20 years , I might be young but I've seen and experienced things far bigger than my age , from life stories from friends and relatives and from ready ladies biography around the world ive come to know that around 80% of ladies who are yet get married but remained single till above 35 is either caused spiritually or by the person herself ,am not generalizing tho but there's nothing new under the sun , if you get to know her life story you'll definitely see her mistakes which probably she didn't see them then and maybe realised too late so that's I asked the question tho I know she wouldn't be able to answer.

patiently waiting for the insults to start pouring in , I know nairalanders never disappoint cool
Chai! Women, women women. Causing problem for for themselves right frm inception. Unbelievable!
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2014
veyvey: Men are wicked maybe she was scared of them now she tot she has met the real man
dats d problem when u get too scared. study d ocean and den take a leap. I still say girls are stubborn especially during deir teen age. dey feel dey know it all and dats y dey fall into trouble. u have trusted males around u especially ur dad or ur elder broda. talk to dem. dey know d tricks. don't be shy. u will see dem building ur confidence

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by perfectbundle(f): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2:
She has already explained her post and clearly too. She didn't mean to judge the woman
Thanks to Aisha.I gbadun ur responses

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2014
faaz24: I hope d guy has not left any collateral damage behind....dat would be disastrous.
I don't understand. be plain
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2014
logica: Stop where? Are you people no longer proponents and supporters of Karma?

I can assure you: anybody who had said "you brought it on yourself" will have the exact same word spoken to him at the tail end of his life; and at the worst possible time. And guess what, such a person will indeed agree.
no vex
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by menme: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=Elantracey]

Am not being judgemental or trying to blame her but being sincere and Ma'am I believe there's no way a woman whether ugly or fine , fat or thin will not see who to marry her in 20 years , I might be young but I've seen and experienced things far bigger than my age , from life stories from friends and relatives and from ready ladies biography around the world ive come to know that around 80% of ladies who are yet get married but remained single till above 35 is either caused spiritually or by the person herself ,am not generalizing tho but there's nothing new under the sun , if you get to know her life story you'll definitely see her mistakes which probably she didn't see them then and maybe realised too late so that's I asked the question tho I know she wouldn't be able to answer.

youre right!wisdom does not come by age or personal experience always.

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Solodegreat24(m): 11:29am On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2:

At 30 I had been approached but by men who if I had married I would have been divorced by now. I didn't see any pastor I simply knew God had a bigger and better plan for me, I was ready to stay in course and live a good life spouse or no spouse.

As a fellow woman I can only advice that you don't push yourself to marry by force because you don't wanted be single at 30. Godforbid that you marry at 25 and at 30 you cry to bed each night.
Life is very crazy, anything cab happen. People get widowed at 30 or even before, people separate at that age some are happily married but everyone has a different journey and race it is important we understand that.

I had always assumed I will marry early because I had dated one person only for years, infact if you go through my posts about 6 or 7 years ago I was meant to be married it didn't happen but till today I go on my knees and thank God that even on the eve of when I was meant to marry I walked away if not I would have been lamenting daily under different names on nairaland and different blogs.

Today, I married after your 30 years deadline but to my own husband who God designed and kept for me.

It's ideal to marry and bare kids early but if it doesn't happen we shouldn't loose hope or in this case blame the unmarried. Life happens To us all. Thus the bible says let he who thinks he stands take heed lest he falls.

I can only pray dear that's a bid to meet your timeline. You don't miss God's Own timeline

Very enlighten. God bless u

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2014
richling77:

With this your ambiguous advise. Chai, I need you in my political career as a Special Adviser. You will do better than Reuben Abati, Doyin Okupe and the likes for Jonathan. You nailed it baby. I was expecting the lady to give up earlier before now but seems she got alot to say especially when she was already expecting insults.

Let me help the ladies out here.

Some of my female friends in school then thought they would end up marrying earlier just as this lady is thinking right now, but life taught them its not always as you wish sometimes. Many of the guys they loved and wanted didn't want them. (Marriage is between 2 people that are willing to come together). Aunty, no need for stories. I just pray you don't learn the hard way. Maybe you will understand why Bola, Shola, Kemi that are millionaires are not married at 35, 40 and 50 even with their beauty, shapes and endowment. Then you will realise how those things fade off men's memory after f*cking a lady for a limited time and they start seeing beyond the initial attractions.
career women. I believe a woman should study but u must balance things. imagine a woman running after church programmes day and nite neglecting her core family issues. do u know if broda Dauda has been molesting ur little daughter or since u are frequently absent., ur husband has been making it out with sister Kehind.? wen kasala bursting u will start saying I didn't know but u were d chief organising chairperson on every programme in church. how much have u given to ur family which is d nucleus of d society.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2014
logica: A peek into the hypocritical or should I say, oxymoronic mind of a woman. And in the same post. The sheer beauty. Apparently you don't judge when it affects you or it's too close to home; but you can freely judge otherwise. grin

Haba....i am part of the people looking for 50k.

Take it easy now. Have a heart for the unmarried woman naaa cry
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2014

Please, I did not judge anyone. I was referring to myself. It is a fact that many of us on Nairaland are looking g to start up. 50k alone can go far.

Thanks.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2014
verily. verily I tell u it is earsier for a woman to get married dan a man.... as a woman if u know u can not further ur education it is better u learn hand-work like tailoring.,catetering.,hairdressing etc. ur husband can complement u on dis or if u are a graduate with cerficate a man will definely marry u with or without a job for now. but for d man apart from learning hand work or being a graduate., he has to work and earn money to build a place called home before he can think of marriage. so u can see who is d best position to marry early
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
Onegai:

My dear, do you know the problem I have with our "Feel-good" churches of nowadays? How they tell you that serving God is a guarantee for life working exactly as you want it to. Elijah's mother, Joseph, Elisabeth, Sarah, Jeremiah, Hosea, and all the apostles serves and loved God diligently, yet didn't have rosy lives. Because it was not the path God had created for them. Now imagine if they attended one of these new generation churches, they would demand answers from God and when their situation didn't change on time, they would go hook or crook to do anything to achieve their desire, whilst calling on God's name. Which is what most Nigerian Christians do.

Wait upon on the Lord, God rewards you in His own time, not because you did everything right and now you feel you deserve a reward.
yes ooo. dat is d bitter truth. dey all want it rosy
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by EKPETI(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: that is on the high side. Please don't just go assuming that 80% of the unmarried women you see must have caused the problem for themselves knowingly or unknowingly

Some woman today have made a lot of mistakes when they are young and some when they are young suitors are coming but they are nt ready. May God help us.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
LEAFLET: Ibo men... Scamming single ladies since 1876AD
tell me which tribe dat does not scam. dis is an individual thing
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Fourwinds: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
ephi123:

The same Bible also says "Judge not".
do u know d meaning of judgement. take a clue from d adulterous woman brought to Jesus Christ. she has sin and found guilty by d pharises but casting a stone to seal it would have mean judgement because dats is d end product. so rebuking someone doesn't mean judgement. I have seen people making reference to dis on several ocassions in d bible. I can tell u not to do something does not mean I'm judging until I apply d punishment it becomes judgement
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ndidibabe(f): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
Zekkmixes: You didn't spell her name correctly. the correct spelling is Idowuogbo. smiley You're welcome ma.
Who send you message?
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ndidibabe(f): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Oloshious specimen, you dey fear? Quote me na... grin
Honestly, you need to drop this Agbero personality. Can't you see it's not taking you anywhere?
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Idowuogbo(f): 2:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
ndidibabe: Honestly, you need to drop this Agbero personality. Can't you see it's not taking you anywhere?
Honestly,you need to jump start your dead brain cells.

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by AriDsexy(f): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2:

At 30 I had been approached but by men who if I had married I would have been divorced by now. I didn't see any pastor I simply knew God had a bigger and better plan for me, I was ready to stay in course and live a good life spouse or no spouse.

As a fellow woman I can only advice that you don't push yourself to marry by force because you don't wanted be single at 30. Godforbid that you marry at 25 and at 30 you cry to bed each night.
Life is very crazy, anything cab happen. People get widowed at 30 or even before, people separate at that age some are happily married but everyone has a different journey and race it is important we understand that.

I had always assumed I will marry early because I had dated one person only for years, infact if you go through my posts about 6 or 7 years ago I was meant to be married it didn't happen but till today I go on my knees and thank God that even on the eve of when I was meant to marry I walked away if not I would have been lamenting daily under different names on nairaland and different blogs.

Today, I married after your 30 years deadline but to my own husband who God designed and kept for me.

It's ideal to marry and bare kids early but if it doesn't happen we shouldn't loose hope or in this case blame the unmarried. Life happens To us all. Thus the bible says let he who thinks he stands take heed lest he falls.

I can only pray dear that's a bid to meet your timeline. You don't miss God's Own timeline
Wow,you reason and write with so much sense.Always looking forward to read your post#RESPECT!

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by AriDsexy(f): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
cococandy:

If you're not married yet,then you've no place making that statement.
Life is full of ups and downs.
Some times it's not about how pretty,classy or whatever a lady is.
Anything can happen to anyone. My friend that got married last year at 35 would have said the same some one decade+ earlier. But alas her fiance died 2 months to their wedding when she was 27 after a 6yr relationship.
It took her how many more years to find someone else to settle down with and finally she got married at 35.
There's no hurry in life. I know the normal thing is for proposals to pour in when a pretty lady is 20+ especially early twenties but unless you encourage ladies marrying anyone just to get married,you can't really swear on the 30 line.
Time flies too.
Be easy on yourself darling.
I million likes.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by chlowi(f): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2: My prayer for people who think those who go through pain deserve it or are cursed is that God should open their eyes just by mere words and not through similar pain.

U even pray better prayer sef for them!!! , that gal really sounded a day old!!!

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
gigolo things. if a fool at 40 is a fool forever, then where do i place this 45yr old mumu excuse of a man?
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
AriDsexy:
Wow,you reason and write with so much sense.Always looking forward to read your post#RESPECT!

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Can I Win My Wife's Heart Back? / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss? / Man Holds Ex Lover Hostage On Her Way To Wed Another Man After Training Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.