Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money (60774 Views)

How I Escaped Having Sex In My Early Teens (A Must Read For Parents)! / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / She Escaped With His 3 Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Eyop: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Idowuogbo:
The God forsaken daughter of a lizard just wan use me bag 'likes' na. At 32, she dey come online come advertise the hole in her brain, no b persin like am suppose dey frequent mfm night vigil go use fire fire cancel the persin wey swear for am? Fooooooolish thing!

NdiWerey, u don run? EWU SYRIA

Idowuogbo...Guy wey even dey consider to woo you for Nairaland don enter molue one chance cheesy grin. This your bad mouth fit make person comitt suicide cheesy

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ephi123(f): 10:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

yea I agree but do you know that you just judged me ? There could be several reasons why I asked that question moreover you don't know what on my mind before I asked it, I could have just being wondering what must have kept her think then and decided to voice it out even though I know no one here has an answer to it , I always try my best never to take God's place in people's life because I know am not perfect at all.

No dear, I did not judge you, I only expressed my opinion that your statement was a judgmental one. I don't have any issue with you as a person, you sound like someone who is focused and sets goals and all that, which is good. Your statement was what I had an issue with.
However, I will cut you some slack and agree that it's only God that sees our thoughts and hearts and He is the One that knows what you TRULY meant when you wrote that line. I'll just leave it at that.

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by ihedinobi2: 10:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
42 years old and 4 million (what was the money for anyway?). Two numbers that work well on a man, married or single. Maybe it's just stupïd society trying to control our lives or it may just be common sense asking "why does she have 4 million to spend at 42 without a husband if marriage was really part of her plans?"
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Idowuogbo(f): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Eyop:

Idowuogbo...Guy wey even dey consider to woo you for Nairaland don enter molue one chance cheesy grin. This your bad mouth fit make person comitt suicide cheesy
*singing salawa abeni* gentle lady ni mi o...Emi o she fighteeeeeeeer....keni keni ma k'oju mi si bi ija oooo..

Bros Eyop yoh yoh! No b jeje I siddon wey craze woman dey use me catch 'likes'? angry
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Onegai(f): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Thanks ma'am I totally understand but there's a reason I say what I say , life is not a bed of roses doesn't mean we shouldn't plan the kind of life we want before time , I said that because right now I look and act far bigger than my age and am still imagining what I will look like when am 30, inasmuch as I don't really know what tomorrow holds but I always have dreams , goals and targets and it has been helping me this far , there are people who get married and are very happy and I want to be among them , I have married couples I look up to , and above all I can't serve God diligently during my youth and not get blessed with someone that deserves me at the right time because my God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him so I have no fear of getting married to someone that won't favour me .

What you believe always works for you .

My dear, do you know the problem I have with our "Feel-good" churches of nowadays? How they tell you that serving God is a guarantee for life working exactly as you want it to. Elijah's mother, Joseph, Elisabeth, Sarah, Jeremiah, Hosea, and all the apostles serves and loved God diligently, yet didn't have rosy lives. Because it was not the path God had created for them. Now imagine if they attended one of these new generation churches, they would demand answers from God and when their situation didn't change on time, they would go hook or crook to do anything to achieve their desire, whilst calling on God's name. Which is what most Nigerian Christians do.

Wait upon on the Lord, God rewards you in His own time, not because you did everything right and now you feel you deserve a reward.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
See comic relief! cheesy

And lots of people take nairaland very serious cheesy
Abeg make una unwind small.
This life is already filled with enuf offline problems,no need adding online again.

Iduwo, when u finish, come for confeshion cheesy
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Idowuogbo(f): 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
moca: See comic relief! cheesy

And lots of people take nairaland very serious cheesy
Abeg make una unwind small.
This life is already filled with enuf offline problems,no need adding online again.

Iduwo, when u finish, come for confeshion cheesy
Yes ma! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Onegai(f): 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

lol I have calmed down o , but my bible teaches me that your life is programmed by your thoughts and words and still stand to say except its God's decision for me to get married late am going to get married before am 30 to someone that's right for me and it doesn't mean that those that will get married after were bad or something .

Sigh, one thing I like about the Catholic church is that they read over 20 verses of the bible in a mass, even "Every Day with Jesus" can share 10 verses or more for a day's reading (in order to teach you) because pentecostal churches and new-gen devotionals, na one verse dem dey use explain a million things grin

If you read your bible, you would be like Job, who said "naked I came and naked shall I leave, blessed be the name of the Lord", not "Jesus whyyyyy!! I tithe, I dance in church, I'm part of my fellowship, I deserve a great life, whyyyyy!"

A lady who sound just like you (and married early) and is now divorcing her abusive husband of 13 years (who helped kill their child) is always stressing to repeat this story: She thought she deserves a man and a good life because she loved God, she didn't love God for who He was, she loved the Lord for what He could do for her. As if He was Mansard Insurance. So she would ascribe her selfish decisions to "God gave me brain, He wouldn't do this or that".

Now, she's smarter, wiser and more trusting on God.

6 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hahaha!! cheesy cheesy
Iduwo mi lady kiss
U understand perfectly kiss
That's why I dey always gbagbun ur style cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nyaku(m): 10:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
#4m for registry....dats strange, d dude already had plans for real....smh undecided
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Onegai:

My dear, do you know the problem I have with our "Feel-good" churches of nowadays? How they tell you that serving God is a guarantee for life working exactly as you want it to. Elijah's mother, Joseph, Elisabeth, Sarah, Jeremiah, Hosea, and all the apostles serves and loved God diligently, yet didn't have rosy lives. Because it was not the path God had created for them. Now imagine if they attended one of these new generation churches, they would demand answers from God and when their situation didn't change on time, they would go hook or crook to do anything to achieve their desire, whilst calling on God's name. Which is what most Nigerian Christians do.

Wait upon on the Lord, God rewards you in His own time, not because you did everything right and now you feel you deserve a reward.

Exactly. If I wasn't grounded in God's word to know that there would be tough times but God will carry me through and in the end all things work for my good even challenges I would have been running helter skelter for deliverance believing. I was under some curse.

My sister is young and impressionable I can only pray that life never brings her to a point where she remembers these words and regrets them.

People going through challenges don't gave them because they don't have faith or they offended God they go through challenges because the cross is part of Christianity.
Years ago we faced extreme challenges as a family it was one issue after the other, we were loosing loved ones like flies. We kept our faith and comforted each other with the book of job.
A decade later we went to be with a friend who lost a family member, immediately she saw us she held us and begged for forgiveness, we were shocked this was someone who had never offended us, we were close then she said that time we were going through our loss she spoke to one of my inlaws. Against marrying from the house that we were cursed. She said she never believed it wad the portion of the righteous to suffer loss that since hee own happened she kept thinking of us. And how hard the period must have been and how sad her comments then was and ignorant.

Like I said life happens to us all.

5 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Onegai:

Sigh, one thing I like about the Catholic church is that they read over 20 verses of the bible in a mass, even "Every Day with Jesus" can share 10 verses or more for a day's reading (in order to teach you) because pentecostal churches and new-gen devotionals, na one verse dem dey use explain a million things grin

If you read your bible, you would be like Job, who said "naked I came and naked shall I leave, blessed be the name of the Lord", not "Jesus whyyyyy!! I tithe, I dance in church, I'm part of my fellowship, I deserve a great life, whyyyyy!"

A lady who sound just like you (and married early) and is now divorcing her abusive husband of 13 years (who helped kill their child) is always stressing to repeat this story: She thought she deserves a man and a good life because she loved God, she didn't love God for who He was, she loved the Lord for what He could do for her. As if He was Mansard Insurance. So she would ascribe her selfish decisions to "God gave me brain, He wouldn't do this or that".

Now, she's smarter, wiser and more trusting on God.

Now you are generalizing , there are people who thought like that and are enjoying their marriage to the fullest now , see a good life is not what I deserve or have to work for , its what has been given to me freely , Jesus suffered so I can enjoy , he died so I can live , became poor to make me rich so why will I choose otherwise , my problem with people like you is that you don't study the bible well before you make hasty decisions , God tries his children in different ways and ever one has different grace, fine I get your point when you say many Christians are impatient today but that won't stop me from thinking and living positively.

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by teebarbie(f): 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
Idowuogbo:
*singing salawa abeni* gentle lady ni mi o...Emi o she fighteeeeeeeer....keni keni ma k'oju mi si bi ija oooo..

Bros Eyop yoh yoh! No b jeje I siddon wey craze woman dey use me catch 'likes'? angry
I just dey feel u babe. All this 'awon omo ati ohun rinwa', dont mind her. Her mates her 'controlling' big companies and at the same time are happily married and she's here bragging. Why hasn't her 'career' and dedication given her all? Does she think life is all about being married or what might happen to her marriage and children tomorrow?
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
My prayer for people who think those who go through pain deserve it or are cursed is that God should open their eyes just by mere words and not through similar pain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey:

Now you are generalizing , there are people who thought and are enjoying their marriage to the fullest now , see a good life is not what I deserve or have to work for , its what has been given to me freely , Jesus suffered so I can enjoy , he died so I can live , became poor to make me rich so why will I choose otherwise , my problem with people like you is that you don't study the bible well before you make hasty decisions , God tries his children in different ways and ever one has different grace, fine I get your point when you say many Christians are impatient today but that won't stop me from thinking and living positively.

Christianity is different from motivational speeches. If you love Jesus you will carry your own cross and follow him. He never promised us an easy life, Jesus is not a lottery ticket to forever enjoyment what God has promised is through the valleys low he will walk with us when we can't walk any longer he will carry us.
Gold goes through the refiners fire it doesn't have an easy journey from ore to the attractive end product.

I know all these may not make sense now as this is different from what your pastors say but my dear hmmmm.

5 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by TV01(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: smiley
Very well done. Whilst I can't say I necessarily agree with you on all points theologically, I really enjoyed your defence of a studied approach to marriage. So much so that I was happy to simply watch and applaud as you went about it in a mature way that belied your years. Excellent effort - and please don't succumb to those who are patronising you due to your relatively young age. Timothy got that ish too grin!

If people understood marriage, grasped it conceptually and understood it as an imperative. If they recognised it's benefits to the couple, their communities and any offspring. If they appreciated human natures and physical limitations, they would totally get what Elantracey is saying.

Yes time and chance happen to all, yes their will always be exceptions, but a proper understanding and considered approach to marriage would mean that it would be in view much earlier, be properly considered, have sturdier foundations and be committed to in a more timely fashion. And it would not hinder anyones choice to forego it if they so desired, or undertake other endeavours.

So yes, in general terms it's perfectly normal to question why a 42 year old woman who desires a husband and children is not yet married. Asking the question does not make one judgemental, censorious or immature. And I speak as one who also got it wrong - but thank God.

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by bosun11(m): 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
Onegai:

i love this comment so tey...i think it deserves 1million likes....this was the exact same thing i said in the second page that she didn't see....
No matter how we plan our life's sometimes....Gods way is still the best...we just have to pray he directs us so we wont go astray...sometimes we face challenges despite our prayers and dedication to his work but God will still end up choosing his way for us so that his name will be glorified...
in summary.......................Gods time is the best...That's All..you have said everything already

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Idowuogbo(f): 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
teebarbie: I just dey feel u babe. All this 'awon omo ati ohun rinwa', dont mind her. Her mates her 'controlling' big companies and at the same time are happily married and she's here bragging. Why hasn't her 'career' and dedication given her all? Does she think life is all about being married or what might happen to her marriage and children tomorrow?
Lmao! Abeg ignore the full housewife with zero ambition o jare...Mrs nobody coming online to claim Mrs somebody, it is wa ooo...o ga gan mehn grin
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by amakajoe(f): 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
vivaciouzz: dis is soo unfair

so happy..FTC tinz..dis is my first time if appearing in d front page!! I love naira land n all nairalanders

We love u too cheesy kiss

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by bosun11(m): 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Lmao! Abeg ignore the full housewife with zero ambition o jare...Mrs nobody coming online to claim Mrs somebody, it is wa ooo...o ga gan mehn grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....EVULSSSS...Falls from bed

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Idowuogbo(f): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
grin cheesy cheesy embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2:

Christianity is different from motivational speeches. If you love Jesus you will carry your own cross and follow him. He never promised us an easy life, Jesus is not a lottery ticket to forever enjoyment what God has promised is through the valleys low he will walk with us when we can't walk any longer he will carry us.
Gold goes through the refiners fire it doesn't have an easy journey from ore to the attractive end product.

I know all these may not make sense now as this is different from what your pastors say but my dear hmmmm.

OK ma , I totally get your point , I know there are times when you feel all hope is lost and things couldn't get any worse and believe me I've been through those times , because others suffered and struggled through life doesn't mean I should , I know Jesus did not promise us a challenge free life , sure challenges will come but the way we handle the challenges matters and I must add those in the old testament didnt have the type of grace we have now , its even stated that the glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former , the psalmist even said God takes pleasure in the prosperity of his servants not to talk of his child and friend .

lol , even if I don't really like reading but when it comes to the word of God I take it seriously and personal because its only through personal knowledge I can get to know God , even though I read books and listen to messages I base my life on the personal revelation given to me daily by the spirit , and even after my pastor teaches I go back to study and meditate on what has been taught and the holy spirit reminds me everyday to study and show myself approved and not just listen to other people , its the same holy spirit that is in them that is also in me and he can teach me all things .

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
TV01:
Very well done. Whilst I can't say I necessarily agree with you on all points theologically, I really enjoyed your defence of a studied approach to marriage. So much so that I was happy to simply watch and applaud as you went about it in a mature way that belied your years. Excellent effort - and please don't succumb to those who are patronising you due to your relatively young age. Timothy got that ish too grin!

If people understood marriage, grasped it conceptually and understood it as an imperative. If they recognised it's benefits to the couple, their communities and any offspring. If they appreciated human natures and physical limitations, they would totally get what Elantracey is saying.

Yes time and chance happen to all, yes their will always be exceptions, but a proper understanding and considered approach to marriage would mean that it would be in view much earlier, be properly considered, have sturdier foundations and be committed to in a more timely fashion. And it would not hinder anyones choice to forego it if they so desired, or undertake other endeavours.

So yes, in general terms it's perfectly normal to question why a 42 year old woman who desires a husband and children is not yet married. Asking the question does not make one judgemental, censorious or immature. And I speak as one who also got it wrong - but thank God.

TV

Thank you cheesy

seriously you've made my night grin grin

but I've learnt a thing or two from their post too and I totally get their point but I was lookin at things from a different perspective .

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Dayjhihannon01(m): 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
TV01:

TV

Good one bro... **But wait, which kind TV urs be? Black nd white? Flat screen? Colored? Nd which maker? President? LG? Samsung? Panasonic? Sony?...... Abeg nah joke oo... grin
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by chiboy429(m): 11:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
I havent seen adequate prove to ascertain the occurance of such an inhuman act,because aside from the magistrate court banner or sign post and the source, i think the faces or the involved with full identification will be able to convince me aside that the tale is pretty childish
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by adedayourt(m): 11:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Elantracey: I pity the woman sad

but what was she doing till 42

She was busy doin shakara for suitors without goin to d calender 2 check her age. D day she mistaken checked nd realize she was 41 she shouted - Oriya mi ooooooooooo
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Ayatullah(m): 11:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
Zehner: help me ask o! Registry don turn bank! undecided
The duo are 419ers, they are a perfect match.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by asodeboyede(m): 11:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Not asking you to take it back. But i was just wondering why you asked that kind of question. So if a woman doesn't have a man to marry her what should she do? go and die? or marry herself?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i am actually laffing at you here tracey tracey. Later in life, you will understand better.

Now i understand the saying that ''women are their own worst enemies''

I think she's talking out of. Sheer ignorance or gross childishness!

2 Likes

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by asodeboyede(m): 12:05am On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2:

How do you know if she was not heart broken and to get over it she worked hard and harder to succeed?
How do you know if she didn't save up and pay for a fiancee to go abroad while she worked hard here and after years of promises she realised she had been dumped and had to start over?

How do you know if for year after year she had not loved and lost?

How do you even know that it was not her life savings or if she borrowed the money or even sold her possessions?

You realy don't know her story while what you assume may be true it may also not be true, being single is not a disease one brings on themself

You seems to have an avalanche of facts on delay in marriage. Are you a marriage counsellor/life coach?

1 Like

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by saintandsinnerz: 12:11am On Sep 05, 2014
Elantracey:

Thank you cheesy

seriously you've made my night grin grin

but I've learnt a thing or two from their post too and I totally get their point but I was lookin at things from a different perspective .

Please stop deceiving yourself, he only made your night because both of you more or less have the same thought process. You and the person you quoted doesn't sound like people who are pragmatic and realistic. My advice to both of you is that you don't believe everything your ''almighty and all knowing pastor or Rev tells you because they are actually human too. You are here questioning a woman who is not yet married at 42 and yet you are pretending to know the bible? And you are a woman and still single? I don't know you in real life but you come to me as very judgmental and a holier than thou person. Getting married is not easy as you made it to look and remember you won't marry yourself. So getting married is not entirely in your hands. Think about it!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by Godmystrength: 12:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Elantracey:

yea I agree but do you know that you just judged me ? There could be
several reasons why I asked that question moreover you don't know what
on my mind before I asked it, I could have just being wondering what
must have kept her think then and decided to voice it out even though I
know no one here has an answer to it , I always try my best never to
take God's place in people's life because I know am not perfect at
all.
okay good. i like you.
Re: Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money by danjalingo: 12:16am On Sep 05, 2014
Elantracey: I pity the woman sad

but what was she doing till 42

na wa for you o o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Can I Win My Wife's Heart Back? / Aisha Abdur-Rahman Is Looking For A Co-Wife For Her Husband (Photos) / How Can I Handle This Issue With The Wife Of My Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.