Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery (102880 Views)

Pastors That Are Poor Were Not Called By God- Uma Ukpai / Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine / Pastors That Have Been And Still Are Impactful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by hotjobs88: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2014
For jobs in nigeria visit nigeria best jobs .com
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by slap1(m): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2014
ifeness:

How did you know?
When you grow up, you'll know.
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by ubongutioh(m): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2014
Exmay: Let Our Focus be on HE who send men and not on the Sent...
NONSENSE.... God doesn't send adulterers.... They sent themselves.

1 Like

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by josite: 9:35am On Sep 07, 2014
how can someone be commited to an unknown GOD.most of these pastors do not get themselves humbled enough to have GOD revealed to them in person.they serve the GOD revealed to paul.the reason why you will never find paul involved in a scandal is because he has a revelation of WHO GOD is?
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 07, 2014
Exmay: Let Our Focus be on HE who send men and not on the Sent...

Lol.
So your pastor is allowed to bleep anyhow abi? grin
Ok ooooo
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2014
So is the Op now happy they fell into adultery or what exactly do you want us to learn from this? No one is perfect except God. That they confessed their sins and didnt go back into it is all that matters.
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Konjour(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2014
honeyad: Judge Not... All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God... Moreover some of them confessed openly which means they seek forgiveness before God and man openly... Not trying to cover their sins..

I bet you use that quote a lot anytime you need a get-out-of-jail for free card or when you don't

want to accept criticism. Go preach that to the lawyers and judges who pass judgements

everyday and even send people to jail for it. If you mess around, people will get on your back

whether they're saints or not, that's why you need to use common sense and look before you

leap. Have you ever heard of the phrase: 'The higher you go, the harder you fall?' Confessing their

sins whilst being commendable will still keep tongues wagging and there's absolutely nothing

you or the perpetrators can do about it. I'm not in support of over-the-top criticism but if you're

not bold enough to take the beating, don't commit the offence. That 'don't judge' excuse has been

overused by every man and his dog already in Nigeria, and a lot of the so called pastors have

been milking you lot dry cuz they know their congregations have no moral compass of their own

and won't criticize them everytime they do something inexcusable because they've become gods

unto those who listen to them. The toga of being a 'Man Of God' commands reverence and

respect only when the person wearing it is a respectable human.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by leonard509(m): 9:55am On Sep 07, 2014
[quote author=ifeness][/quote]he fools u for christ sake .

But my GOD Is wiser. U were too blind to see my last sentence
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by 9jatatafo(m): 10:01am On Sep 07, 2014
He who is without SIN should cast the FIRST Stone. We all have our weaknesses be it money, pride, fame, pussi, cigarette, anger, gossip, telling lies, et al, the best we can to is put the weakness in check. Remember that who is caught is the bad guy otherwise he is a good guy.

1 Like

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by mashodehammer: 10:14am On Sep 07, 2014
That's y there are better than us that hides our sins... surely I know, God has forgiving their sins and fresh anointing well fall on them again, for sure I know what God can do to those who truly confess their guilt.
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2014
leonard509: he fools u for christ sake .

But my GOD Is wiser. U were too blind to see my last sentence

Which of the self proclaimed gods are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by chinex276(m): 10:41am On Sep 07, 2014
#PROUD CATHOLIC FOREVER
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2014
slap1: When you grow up, you'll know.

If you cannot say it now, it means you do not know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2014
O p what did u intend to achieve with dis topic, is it to demoralise our faith? No way I know better.
"Looking unto JESUS christ the author and finisherof our faith" not on man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Haryorqunley(m): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2014
Most men of God face a lot of challenges. Dey are human also but trying their possible best to please God and nt to dissapoint God $ man. Its nt easy. Pray 4 dem.
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2014
I have always known they were scams. ...from Fatoyinbo to all d Chrises.

I have never been a Christian fanatic (And when I say fanatic...I mean a flashy overdoer. So no wrong notions). ...but my advice to my fellow Christians is to believe not in the called. Instead believe directly; the one who Called them; Jesus christ. All these people are mere mortals.

I don't see why churches have to look glamorous and all shouty in the first place Or why pastors would strive to become super stars. The way of the Christian faith has lost its ways. We need to come bk to realising that we are followers of a humble, yet powerful God. God is not happy with the way these latest pastors castigate him whilst aiming at their personal welfare, at the expense of the children of God. It is a direct pointer to the fact that they are Fake.

TeamCatholic#
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Forwetinnah: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2014
Until we begin to see these people as just vessels of God..they will keep shocking us with their personal lives. Off the pulpit the pastors are every bit as human as we all are and can make dreadful mistakes. Their lifestyles surprise those who see them as super humans or demi gods...they are just there to guide us *including themselves* on the right path to Christ, that's all. One thing i know is that...One who's disciplined is disciplined ALL THE WAY..doesn't matter if you're a pastor or NOT. It's all about upbringing and training...train a child in the way it SHOULD GROW and when it grows, HE WILL NEVER DEPART FROM IT.( bible no dey talk lie). An Alaye boy suddenly becoming a pastor is still an Alaye boy ( with a pastor swag though)
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by royalblood21: 11:11am On Sep 07, 2014
Austema: Hi, nairalanders, am d newest member of dis golden site, am Austine, a student of fed.poly.idah, kogi state
Sooooo! What can we do for U? , and ve u paid ur tax- clearance? grin grin
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Atigba: 11:11am On Sep 07, 2014
chinex276: #PROUD CATHOLIC FOREVER
catholic is the worst haven't you heard of priests molesting children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by priscaoge(f): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2014
ifeness:

What if there is no HE? HE doesn't appear to exist at all,don't you think?
U mean GOD doesn't exist?
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by nannymcphee(f): 11:40am On Sep 07, 2014
Pls take note

Matthew 23:1-3

1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not

inother words, do what i say or teach you based on Gods words & not what i do

The verse above will tell you that on the last day, no one will give an excuse of "it's my pastor that misled me, he was doing it so I decided to follow suit"

Paul said

1 Corinthians 11

1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

The keyword being "as he is of Christ or as he follows Christ" so if his actions are not Christlike, then you know what to do
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by pat077: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2014
ignis: Please, am confused, what is the purpose of this thread?
u dey ask us, make we ask who?
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by iamord(m): 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
egopersonified: Why are all the pastos based abroad resigning and confessing, they better learn from Nigerians who hold their head up high in their deceit, a country where everyone is a god and no one is accountable to the other since the days of Adam.

Hahaha!! So true!!
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by inyson: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
Let God b d ultimate judge
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by ihedinobi2: 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
For those saying that they are weak like every other human, they did not come to preach to so many people and affect the courses of so many lives by claiming the weaknesses of those people. The Bible tells us to be careful of seeking positions like that because those in such positions risk greater condemnation.

I can identify with them having always been something of an elite in religious circles. Poor training in character, assumption of moral responsibility before establishment of moral character and a lust for popularity are the ingredients that create stories like this.

These are the stories we know. Hopefully they are all the stories there are. But they more likely aren't.

And no, they are not to be excused at all. Not even David excused himself. David's moral authority stemmed from a heart that was truly yielded to God. When he abused his power, he not only cried but he repented. Repentance is the assumption of responsibility to make opposite choices from the ones we made before. David never did the Bathsheba thing again. And he promptly took responsibility for her after he made her a widow. These are the marks of repentance.

Then there are those requirements that Paul instructed Timothy about for those who wanted to lead the Church. We must not ignore them. Many people who are conspicuous in Church leadership may not even be Christians at all. Others are immature Christians. Some of those who are Christians and mature momentarily forget the foundation of Christianity which is that we humans are prone to sin and thus must watch ourselves very carefully and be wary of every appearance of evil because we have an enemy constantly seeking to break into us and spoil us. We cannot really afford to act as though as Christians we don't live our lives in unceasing warfare against sin. We must never cease to watch and pray that we do not fall into temptation.

I've a lot to learn here for myself. Skirting close to the edge has an exhilarating excitement attached to it but we soon get careless enough to skirt too close and when we do we always fall off. And it's a tortuous journey to take back up. It's not easy to regain a discipline that is thrown away for a growing thirst for excitement.

1 Like

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by marieolae(f): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
Soo sad
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by ugoezeik(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Austema: Hi, nairalanders, am d newest member of dis golden site, am Austine, a student of fed.poly.idah, kogi state
so? Wat do U want us nairalanders to do, jump into d well because U cm new? By d way, y r U on nairaland reading abt divorce wen U supposed de listen to ur lecturer. Guy d nxt tym l c U on dis site eh U wil c my colour
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
repogirl: They are only human after all, they aren't perfect....
i just hope Jesus Christ will listen to this excuse on the day of Judgement
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
repogirl: They are only human after all, they aren't perfect....
Jesus Christ will NOT listen to this excuse on the day of Judgement
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
Lord Jesus,
Help me guard my flesh as I prepare myself towards embarking on journey that Ministers have failed in. I know for sure that you instituted marriage to bless man. We didnt ask for it, you gave it to us because you saw how lonely and dejected we were when we were alone.
Father, I don't ask for the ms.right, but "Miss understanding" because I no holy pass.
Lord Jesus, from the depth of my heart I ask for a woman(not the bone of my bone) that will help me be a better man, love you better and teach my spirit to be calm in time of adversity.
Jehovah, teach me thy own understanding that I may be able to see the best in everything she does. Most importantly Lord, give me a forgiving spirit.
Lord, as I dont intend putting career before my primary duties as a husband, do not let her near my way-that woman who did rather let mi burn than slack in her career.
Father, I dont want to fail in my marriage 'cos it invariably means I would have failed You.
There is a lot to ask but this I pray in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by Dragonking: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
Opytim: So is the Op now happy they fell into adultery or what exactly do you want us to learn from this? No one is perfect except God. That they confessed their sins and didnt go back into it is all that matters.

The pastors that confessed are all american pastors..Not a single nigerian pastor will confess since their hearts are evil, wicked and are lovers of money alone. They dont even respect God so they must be exposed for their evil ways.
Re: Mega Church Pastors That Fell For Adultery by repogirl(f): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dux01: i just hope Jesus Christ will listen to this excuse on the day of Judgement
that's why forgiveness is there as far as they repent and ask for it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

43 Signs You Are An Ogbanje / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) / Charlene & Sharon Oyakhilome: Daughters Of Pastor Chris & Anita (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.