Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… (41612 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Why Do Ugly Guys Get A Girl And Handsome Ones Are Single / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
If this post were directed to a more general category of "single beautiful ladies",
You'd be spot on.

Tallesty1: To be honest, some "Beautiful women" have alot of personality flaws. We all do but theirs are too many. Some of them are just asses, they believe that "beauty" can get them anything they want.

Some of them are just too picky. They are forever searching for that perfect guy. Their demands are unreasonable and they put down any guy who can not reach up to her level of attractiveness.

Some pay too much attention to their beauty, in fact there are some women I wouldn’t approach or marry based on their physical appearance alone because I dislike materialistic ladies. These type of women attract what I call "The Hunters". These are the type of guys that see a woman’s body as a commodity; and their major aim is to get her into bed. Since she is mostly approached by hunters, she understandably thinks that all men treat women the way hunters do so to be with her you must give her the egg treatment 24/7. Who get time for that?

I’m not surprised anyways. As anyone knows, alot of them habour negative mindset about men, some of them are careless spenders, some of them can't get over their ex, some set their standard and expectations too high that it is unrealistic within their environment, so they end up scaring real guys away while attracting players into their life. The list is just endless. Some of them have fish brain, some cannot manage a home.

Physical appearance will attract a guy but inner beauty is what keeps him.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Shikenan!
and that might just be what's indirectly scaring "make sense" men away cheesy
Kachisbarbie:
Thankyou joor. It's annoying, some of them take the husband hustle too serious, it's not that serious abeg.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Tallesty1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2014
jennylove7575: God knows marriage ain't for me..I don't believe in spending the rest of my life with one man. Repeating same routine daily. I was watching a TV documentary somedays ago, about how Hungarian families were forcing their kids into marriage at the age of 14yrs. I was indeed gutted at the child abuse..people should be able to have choice...marriage shouldn't be by force but by choice....I recently met this guy on Nairaland, last week we decided to meet up at the Westfield shopping centre...when we met, for 5mins he couldn't say one word. He was startled. When he eventually opened his mouth to speak he said I can't believe am standing with crazy jennylove of Nairaland shocked a very pleasant guy indeed....to be cont...... grin
Really? Is this not you?
jennylove7575: For my first alhaji......money box
Second alhaji.........sausage roll
Minister..........zenith ATM
Ordinary poor guy......pleasure booster
The guy i truly love.....the koko
The one I want to marry......homemade.
Be Real, S/he That Tells The Truth Always Does Not Need To Remember Anything

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Crocz(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Eh ya...hmmm,I seriously try to understand the plight of "some" ladies in finding husband bt here I am still trying to comprehend..."You can't seriously understand a concept when you've not been through it"

Seeing some serious comments here...I feel for them!
CHEERS to the smart girls who knows where the market is to shop for quality...and to the not so smart, I hope you find yourself in time *sigh*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
what is happening here ni to ri olorun! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tallesty1: Really? Is this not you?
take her words with a pinch of salt. don't say I didn't warn you ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Tallesty1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
2sExy1: take her words with a pinch of salt. don't say I didn't warn you ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks bro, women can lie.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Dayjhihannon01(m): 2:53pm On Sep 09, 2014
dre11:

That's the whole truth.... Everybody to its own and reason for A being single differs from B being single..
So let treat ourself with respect and not disdain one for marrying late

She has never being a lesser being unless she looks at her self has a leaser being.....
And decides to be treated a leaser one....

But the only problem I do have with some of them is that during their growing years they allow their beauty to becloud their thinking faculty and miss the way.....
But those that did have focus and direction.. They always earn mah respect no matter how young rhey are because u have a definite goal and u do set machinery in motion to achieve it

you said it all...

The reason for been a single solely depends on her since guys can also stay singled as long as he wanted, and also as long as his/her economic/educational status delayed him/her.(Was actually wondering when I was telling my mum about a lady dat was around me months ago; d first thing she asked is ; what's her educational level? --Ki lo ka?--, My head bcums so big grin grin... Parents pressure, peer pressure, can continue...
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Crocz(m): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
Seconding Tallesty1...most beautiful girls play hard to get far too long and put most men off. Some even expect you to worship them especially when the man beauty does not match hers...some feel like they are doing men favours, hell I'm handsome too, and I don't play by nobody's rules
Most times I feel like:

8 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Dayjhihannon01(m): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
dre11:

That's the whole truth.... Everybody to its own and reason for A being single differs from B being single..
So let treat ourself with respect and not disdain one for marrying late

She has never being a lesser being unless she looks at her self has a leaser being.....
And decides to be treated a leaser one....

But the only problem I do have with some of them is that during their growing years they allow their beauty to becloud their thinking faculty and miss the way.....
But those that did have focus and direction.. They always earn mah respect no matter how young rhey are because u have a definite goal and u do set machinery in motion to achieve it

you said it all...

The reason for been a single solely depends on her since guys can also stay singled as long as he wanted, and also as long as his/her economic/educational status delayed him/her.(Was actually wondering when I was telling my mum about a lady dat was around me months ago; d first thing she asked is ; what's her educational level? --Ki lo ka?--, My head bcums so big grin grin... Parents pressure, peer pressure, can continue...

##Since dating and romance dey trend, off I go to anoda thread abt ''why u are still single''...Nah all dis pressing issues we must iron# grin grin grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Ebubeslym(m): 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
jennylove7575: God knows marriage ain't for me..I don't believe in spending the rest of my life with one man. Repeating same routine daily. I was watching a TV documentary somedays ago, about how Hungarian families were forcing their kids into marriage at the age of 14yrs. I was indeed gutted at the child abuse..people should be able to have choice...marriage shouldn't be by force but by choice....I recently met this guy on Nairaland, last week we decided to meet up at the Westfield shopping centre...when we met, for 5mins he couldn't say one word. He was startled. When he eventually opened his mouth to speak he said I can't believe am standing with crazy jennylove of Nairaland shocked a very pleasant guy indeed....to be cont...... grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: Shikenan!
and that might just be what's indirectly scaring "make sense" men away cheesy
It's very possible. Some men like to be pushed into marriage, others take the decision by themselves, one can't be entirely sure which type your man is and you end up taking the wrong step.
I have a friend, she is older than me with about 3-4yrs. We weren't so close in sch, but these days we talk well. Everytime another of our friend or coursemate is getting married, even if I'm not aware, she would bring the info to my doorstep. Then she would say something like, 'babe when will I invite you guys o'...

You know @ that point, she is making me uncomfortable with her desperation. I would tell her the advantages of being single and how best she can utilise it...she would say I'm consoling her, whereas I'm only telling her the truth.

Singlehood is actually an opportunity to build ones' carrier, I have a mini-job that doesn't give me the kind of money I dream of - but enough time to take care of my family, because I am tied in a location where things are not happening and I definitely wouldn't leave my family in search of my dream job.

It's actually a two way thing, one can't easily have it all, every single lady out there has to start appreciating it, being married ain't even easy.

3 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by quintybabee(f): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
Dear lord, what have I done, I should have kept my mouth shut. I dont wantto quote anybody but I feel the need to respond.
There are lots of sane and financially satisfied women out there and because theyvrefused to be culturally brainwashed u tag them as feminists and some even believe a man must have broken their heart for them to be like that, cause u believe no woman can have such mindset from the very beginin, that Is wrong assumption

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Sanchez01: 3:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi]

No, it isn't.
It inspired albeit, if that makes it a rebuttal, fine smiley
It inspired... More like a come back? I'd still say it is a rebuttal, putting your title into consideration.

Now you know why it doesn't qualify as a rebuttal.
I meant to reach out to a certain category of people.
Female folks out there, who genuinely seek happiness but have been or close to being pressured out of it, by societal standards and expectations.

To reach out to people who were touched by the other thread?

[b]
That's Harsh and mean.
That said, I do not advocate the idea of "independent single woman"[/b]
Not harsh, Dear. Except one suffered or had a nasty childhood, no one desires a single life. We are designed to be gregarious in nature. That's who we are and no one can take that away.

And so should be reduced to "nothings", spoken and addressed in disdainful manners by "so called" family and friends?
No one is reducing someone to nothing; a man is a child to some parents and so also a lady. Should a family talk in disdain to their ward, then it means something is wrong somewhere.

That doesn't make it ideal, does it?
Wrong. It makes it ideal. We are attached and rooted with our families in this part of the world. We are cultured, and embedded into tradition which has overtime sustained and maintained the influence of westernization totally on us. We have a belief here, norms, rules, and ideologies in tackling every facet of life; which, to us, as Africans are ideal. What is not ideal is when someone brings an ideology contrary to what we have and yet question our beliefs. Mind you, I'm not referring to your belief here. Why our ideologies are accepted and endorsed is because we consider them ideal for us.

LoL......
You think I don't?
You see, therein lies the problem.
There's a mentality we need to change.
As a guy, as a lady, you do not need marriage to complete you (little wonder we're so husband-centric).
Am I against marriage, NO! who does that?

What I'm saying is that desperation has become the order of the day just so ladies can join the "elite few"
In pursuit of marriage (not happiness) ladies tend to loose ourselves.
Ask those who are really happy in their marriages, they weren't desperate.
They led their lives, they felt complete, they felt whole.
They understand what it means to love and be comfy with self (that's what attracts and keeps a man, all things being equal).
@the bolded, how many people would you tell that to? An average undergraduate in a Nigerian tertiary institution thinks of graduating, seek employment or create one and what next? The answer of course, is to settle down.

Marriage does not complete or compliment one, but would you successfully convince a partner that you shouldn't rush things just because you have some things you want to achieve before getting married, and then you know you are about hitting somewhere in your 30's? EVERY man wants a young woman, irrespective of how old he is. This is known all over the world, and not here alone. So, would you blame a lady who is fast approaching 30 to take things as they come? Please drop the mentality that those who get married did so out of desperation. This is untrue. Most marriages come to be because the couples found fulfillment in one another.

Can you give me, say five examples of women who achieved amazing feats, got married at their own time and achieved all the happiness in a marriage? The truth is, the so-called quintessential women in Nigeria had at one time given birth or experienced a failed marriage before creating a movement. You really have to understand a lot of things here.

If that's what you think, then I think you're a tad bit insensitive.
Of course it will get to people who are not mentally as prepared or haven't developed turtle shells for varying opinions on here.
Opinions are that important to people that a newspaper house allots full or half page to varying kinds (ask TheSun and Punch)
The vice chairman of The Sun Newspapers, Dimgba Igwe's (of blessed memory) opinion is what might have led to his untimely death.
Ask Ken Saro Wiwa too.
They all started from opinions..........
Opinions do influence people's thinking, some in a positive light, others in a negative light.
People carry life and death in their tongue, hands in this case.
We need to be careful with our words, we should learn to build others and not tear them down with our words.
A lot of people with varying issues visit this site daily.
Why allow what they see compound problems for them?

Heck the people I'm speaking for right now may not know me, but I'll stand for what is right even if I stand alone.
smiley
I am not tad insensitive. I didn't read the other guy's post twice because I felt nothing meaningful was mentioned. if you think about what people say about you, or the opinions they have, then you would be brought down before you take a step. By the people you speak for, you mean the female folks, right?

Here's a quote that will definitely help you if you want to become a trail blazer, that is:

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
----Steve Jobs

5 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Adding anything to what you've just said would be mere repetition lipsrsealed
Thank You Ma'am.
Kachisbarbie:
It's very possible. Some men like to be pushed into marriage, others take the decision by themselves, one can't be entirely sure which type your man is and you end up taking the wrong step.
I have a friend, she is older than me with about 3-4yrs. We weren't so close in sch, but these days we talk well. Everytime another of our friend or coursemate is getting married, even if I'm not aware, she would bring the info to my doorstep. Then she would say something like, 'babe when will I invite you guys o'...

You know @ that point, she is making me uncomfortable with her desperation. I would tell her the advantages of being single and how best she can utilise it...she would say I'm consoling her, whereas I'm only telling her the truth.

Singlehood is actually an opportunity to build ones' carrier, I have a mini-job that doesn't give me the kind of money I dream of - but enough time to take care of my family, because I am tied in a location where things are not happening and I definitely wouldn't leave my family in search of my dream job.

It's actually a two way thing, one can't easily have it all, every single lady out there has to start appreciating it, being married ain't even easy.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sanchez01:

Thanks, Noted.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by naijaboiy: 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
I just dey like posts dey go cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by mstik(f): 3:17pm On Sep 09, 2014
undecided
da hell??
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
The OP or the post before yours?
mstik: undecided
da hell??
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by mstik(f): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
post before mine embarassed
MizMyColi: The OP or the post before yours?

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by herald9: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
mstik: post before mine embarassed
hey...smiley
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by jennylove7575(f): 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
Tallesty1: Really? Is this not you?
Be Real, S/he That Tells The Truth Always Does Not Need To Remember Anything
..Tallesty1 keep stalking me o. You wan force me marry? Ha ha ha funny indeed.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
OP, Your font makes things difficult to comprehend. sad

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
LoL
It's like a signature.
Just try okay?
TrollMan: OP, Your fonts makes things difficult to comprehend. sad
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by lirusehn(m): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2014

I think the bae made a good write-up. WellWritten smiley

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: LoL
It's like a signature.
Just try okay?

I think I've got a better way to read this. I've an Idea.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by mstik(f): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2014
wow!!! is this you shocked shocked shocked
it's been long tho
what's with the (f) btw? grin grin
herald9:
hey...smiley
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Neldrizzy(m): 5:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
Osho..... We jus want to have fun.!!! grin grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by herald9: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2014
mstik: wow!!! is this you shocked shocked shocked
it's been long tho
what's with the (f) btw? grin grin
Yea...it's megrin

how ve yhu bin...? cheesy

Abeg ignore the f nd give ur bruh a holy ghost crazy hug grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Neldrizzy(m): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

So, I stumbled on a thread on here yesterday on why the “beautiful” ones are still single and the “ugly” ones keep clinching the best mates in town.

I laughed.

I can only imagine the kind of depression it would cause a beautiful guy or lady with different varieties of poor self image or worse still one who just got jilted and vice versa, seeing that post and some comments made there in (especially those who haven’t grown a turtle shell for NL).

The general impression is that, once, according to societal standards, a person is deemed beautiful, he or she couldn’t possibly lack the constant attention and companionship of the opposite sex (same sex in some cases).
It’s even worse for a Nigerian female because she is “supposed” to be married at latest, 25.
If she isn’t, then something must be wrong somewhere.
What about those who are 30, 35 and unmarried shocked shocked
Their own must be a deliverance case!

It won’t be strange finding a lady who is under so much/so little/subtle pressure to tie the knot already or win herself a man (like he is a trophy of sorts) asking herself questions in the lines of:
Why can’t I keep a man?
Am I an Ogbanje?
Am I cursed?
Maybe my stepmother is after my progress?
Is it because I’m not a virgin?
Is it because I’m a virgin?
Maybe I have a smelling character that repels men from afar? (even though she’s consciously working at being better) undecided
Maybe this my dressing is too holy holy
Maybe this my dressing and piercings is/are too Ashi-ish
I could go on and on……..

The opinion of guys, on this subject range from “men are intimidated by her (especially if she’s successful too)”.
“She’s a runs girl” etc.

For me, why a single beautiful girl is single is entirely her business and is not for me or anyone else to puzzle out.
Her being single doesn’t make her less or being engaged make her more.
I say treat ladies with respect, out of the mind-set that they are not incomplete for whatever cause they are single.
Relieve them of the pressure of the lies that they are less without a man in their arms.
#NuffSaid

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink
Lolll story story!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please My Girlfriend Has Something To Do With Kanyamatta / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Lady Cries Out Over Being Unmarried At 39 & Battling A Spirit Husband (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.