Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,465 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:54 AM

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… (41382 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Why Do Ugly Guys Get A Girl And Handsome Ones Are Single / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2014

So, I stumbled on a thread on here yesterday on why the “beautiful” ones are still single and the “ugly” ones keep clinching the best mates in town.

I laughed.

I can only imagine the kind of depression it would cause a beautiful guy or lady with different varieties of poor self image or worse still one who just got jilted and vice versa, seeing that post and some comments made there in (especially those who haven’t grown a turtle shell for NL).

The general impression is that, once, according to societal standards, a person is deemed beautiful, he or she couldn’t possibly lack the constant attention and companionship of the opposite sex (same sex in some cases).
It’s even worse for a Nigerian female because she is “supposed” to be married at latest, 25.
If she isn’t, then something must be wrong somewhere.
What about those who are 30, 35 and unmarried shocked shocked
Their own must be a deliverance case!

It won’t be strange finding a lady who is under so much/so little/subtle pressure to tie the knot already or win herself a man (like he is a trophy of sorts) asking herself questions in the lines of:
Why can’t I keep a man?
Am I an Ogbanje?
Am I cursed?
Maybe my stepmother is after my progress?
Is it because I’m not a virgin?
Is it because I’m a virgin?
Maybe I have a smelling character that repels men from afar? (even though she’s consciously working at being better) undecided
Maybe this my dressing is too holy holy
Maybe this my dressing and piercings is/are too Ashi-ish
I could go on and on……..

The opinion of guys, on this subject range from “men are intimidated by her (especially if she’s successful too)”.
“She’s a runs girl” etc.

For me, why a single beautiful girl is single is entirely her business and is not for me or anyone else to puzzle out.
Her being single doesn’t make her less or being engaged make her more.
I say treat ladies with respect, out of the mind-set that they are not incomplete for whatever cause they are single.
Relieve them of the pressure of the lies that they are less without a man in their arms.
#NuffSaid

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink

133 Likes 24 Shares

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by chimerase2: 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by vizkiz: 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2014
believe me, i have been thinking of what to post but....Nothing is coming undecided

33 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
@Chimerase: Thanks for contributing, meaningfully undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by dre11(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi:

For me, why a single beautiful girl is single is entirely her business and is not for me or anyone else to puzzle out.

That's the whole truth.... Everybody to its own and reason for A being single differs from B being single..
So let treat ourself with respect and not disdain one for marrying late

She has never being a lesser being unless she looks at her self has a leaser being.....
And decides to be treated a leaser one....

But the only problem I do have with some of them is that during their growing years they allow their beauty to becloud their thinking faculty and miss the way.....
But those that did have focus and direction.. They always earn mah respect no matter how young rhey are because u have a definite goal and u do set machinery in motion to achieve it

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by pickabeau1: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
MzColi

i dont get your point of posting this on a new thread
Why did not post this on d noisome thread

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hungryboy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
I dont forget wetin i wan even talk sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Chimerase(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: @Chimerase: Thanks for contributing, meaningfully undecided
don't mention tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
@Pickabeau1
I'll post it there too, if I can find it now.

I think its also in order to say that not everyone whom it might concern will see it there.
So I thought to create a new thread and talk about it in my diary too........
For posterity's sake. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Sanchez01: 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
I consider this a rebuttal to the one you read, unfortunately, I find the argument weak, a little too weak, I'd say. Your thread, though seem to serve as a bit of encouragement to females out there, still, it has failed to tackle the real issue.

No one loves a single, the earlier you understand it, the better. It is okay and maybe believable if a guy says so. I have friends who say they won't think of marriage until 15-20years from now. I'm talking about guys of around 25 years,on the average. And the reason is because they want to run around and explore before being tied down. The story is way different for ladies, at least, I have a bit of understanding, which is; ladies' don't have time on their neck as their male counterpart.

I say treat ladies with respect, out of the mind-set that they are not incomplete for whatever cause they are single.
Relieve them of the pressure of the lies that they are less without a man in their arms.

This is Africa, WE ARE BLACK AND OUR IDEOLOGY ABOUT MARRIAGE AND BEING SINGLE IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE WESTERN WORLD. Marriage, is the ultimate target for every lady in this part of the world. At least, they think so. True, why a lady is single is hers alone but will her parents think so? Her place of worship? Her friends? And even the society? We're superstitious and we hold marriage issues dear to our heart, particularly when it's on the part of the lady. Ladies are subjected to pressure on this part, particularly here, in Nigeria. To verify this, why do ladies feel uneasy when they hit 25? Why do they worry when all they get from guys are the 'boyfriend/girlfriend only zone'? You must understand these things, Dearie.

I never believed the post could get to a lady this much. It was only an opinion and I believe it shouldn't disturb anyone.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
#NuffSaid

The bolded is what hopelessly single ladies always want us to see.

However, I am not here to lash single ladies. We all have our problems. Even there are guys out there who are still single.

The problem is multifaceted
1. Some beautiful ladies find it difficult to keep their man. And when they fail, they still go about claiming to be in a relationship. They make people around them believe they in a serious relationship. This is physiologically linked with pride. They don't want people to look at them and say "You are this beautiful and still single. Is there anything wrong with you?". This further creates more problems for them, as men (serious ones) will see them as already engaged whereas, they are single.

2. Promiscuous life:- I have dated a beautiful lady...whenever, she is with me, she answer calls like a customer care personnel. She has like 300 guys on her bbm. She is always on her bbm 24-7. Do you expect me to marry someone like that? Trust me Jibike is still single till now. I have heard she is doing introduction for 3 times, all failing, those guys running away at the end of the day (like I did). Beauty is a gift from God, but if you let it get into your head, you are just a fck meat. I understand, the societal pressure on beautiful girls. Men want to leak their honey pot. But, they are all Market noise (Yoruba adage)

3. Womanhood and value: - If you are beautiful without character, then forget it. No man want to marry a nagging wife who is gonna make his life miserable for the end of his life. I cant marry a woman who will tempt me to beat her.
WHat most ladies dont know is, a moderate (not so beautiful or average) lady with good character is like a Gold. No man will resist that. Sorry to say, men derive the same pleasure from all virgi.nas. So basing marriage on having sex with a beautiful woman is childish. They all have the same hole...and a tight a hole is even better. So a beautiful with loose hole has not value. Men even want to marry a woman that will give him rest of mind. Not a flashy plastic men will be flocking around

I can continue to say on and on and on....

198 Likes 29 Shares

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2014
^^^^ good
& also @sanchez01

i dont want to say what i want to say about op.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
No one generalized the problem of beautiful single ladies to their attitude or deliverance cases...
That doesn't change the fact that beautiful girls(not all) come with a lot of character deformation...
It's ok to console yourself under the umbrella that, marriage ain't everything and all. Marriage has never been everything anyway, but in our society - its importance can't be over-emphasized.

Self-esteem is a personal ish, she shouldn't let anyone treat her less bc of her marital/relationship status...but then I know a lot of single ladies that say this same thing, then secretly be going for prayer sessions.

34 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ERCROSS(m): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2014
The bottom line is that some beautiful Ladies allows their beauties to get into their head...
Their beauty has endowed with so much pride that they don't even know how to give men who are potential husband material some respect.
Most beautiful ladies are not wife material, no cooking skill.. no home care attitude, too materialistic ..
And believe this, it is easier to tag beautiful gurls as hoes than their not-so-beautiful counterparts.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Kunleskey(m): 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
vizkiz: believe me, i have been thinking of what to post but....Nothing is coming undecided
funny you...y can u sigh..hmmmm!
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Kunleskey(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2014
Beauty....all i can say is wel.done
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by pickabeau1: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: @Pickabeau1
I'll post it there too, if I can find it now.

I think its also in order to say that not everyone whom it might concern will see it there.
So I thought to create a new thread and talk about it in my diary too........
For posterity's sake. smiley

ok...
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Tallesty1(m): 1:05pm On Sep 09, 2014
To be honest, some "Beautiful women" have alot of personality flaws. We all do but theirs are too many. Some of them are just asses, they believe that "beauty" can get them anything they want.

Some of them are just too picky. They are forever searching for that perfect guy. Their demands are unreasonable and they put down any guy who can not reach up to her level of attractiveness.

Some pay too much attention to their beauty, in fact there are some women I wouldn’t approach or marry based on their physical appearance alone because I dislike materialistic ladies. These type of women attract what I call "The Hunters". These are the type of guys that see a woman’s body as a commodity; and their major aim is to get her into bed. Since she is mostly approached by hunters, she understandably thinks that all men treat women the way hunters do so to be with her you must give her the egg treatment 24/7. Who get time for that?

I’m not surprised anyways. As anyone knows, alot of them habour negative mindset about men, some of them are careless spenders, some of them can't get over their ex, some set their standard and expectations too high that it is unrealistic within their environment, so they end up scaring real guys away while attracting players into their life. The list is just endless. Some of them have fish brain, some cannot manage a home.

Physical appearance will attract a guy but inner beauty is what keeps him.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2014
dre11:

That's the whole truth.... Everybody to its own and reason for A being single differs from B being single..
So let treat ourself with respect and not disdain one for marrying late

Thank You.

She has never being a lesser being unless she looks at her self has a leaser being.....
And decides to be treated a leaser one....

But the only problem I do have with some of them is that during their growing years they allow their beauty to becloud their thinking faculty and miss the way.....
But those that did have focus and direction.. They always earn mah respect no matter how young rhey are because u have a definite goal and u do set machinery in motion to achieve it

See, the emboldened?
Honestly?
This write up isn't meant for those in that category.

I'm someone you could term empathetic.........sometimes, I just catch on the feelings of a person, more like, I'm so present in their pain.
Thanks for your contribution.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2014

Sanchez01:

I consider this a rebuttal to the one you read
No, it isn't.
It inspired albeit, if that makes it a rebuttal, fine smiley

unfortunately, I find the argument weak, a little too weak, I'd say. Your thread, though seem to serve as a bit of encouragement to females out there, still, it has failed to tackle the real issue.

Now you know why it doesn't qualify as a rebuttal.
I meant to reach out to a certain category of people.
Female folks out there, who genuinely seek happiness but have been or close to being pressured out of it, by societal standards and expectations.

No one loves a single, the earlier you understand it, the better.

That's Harsh and mean.
That said, I do not advocate the idea of "independent single woman"

It is okay and maybe believable if a guy says so. I have friends who say they won't think of marriage until 15-20years from now. I'm talking about guys of around 25 years,on the average. And the reason is because they want to run around and explore before being tied down. The story is way different for ladies, at least, I have a bit of understanding, which is; ladies' don't have time on their neck as their male counterpart.

And so should be reduced to "nothings", spoken and addressed in disdainful manners by "so called" family and friends?

This is Africa, WE ARE BLACK AND OUR IDEOLOGY ABOUT MARRIAGE AND BEING SINGLE IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE WESTERN WORLD. Marriage, is the ultimate target for every lady in this part of the world. At least, they think so.

That doesn't make it ideal, does it?

True, why a lady is single is hers alone but will her parents think so? Her place of worship? Her friends? And even the society? We're superstitious and we hold marriage issues dear to our heart, particularly when it's on the part of the lady. Ladies are subjected to pressure on this part, particularly here, in Nigeria. To verify this, why do ladies feel uneasy when they hit 25? Why do they worry when all they get from guys are the 'boyfriend/girlfriend only zone'? You must understand these things, Dearie.

LoL......
You think I don't?
You see, therein lies the problem.
There's a mentality we need to change.
As a guy, as a lady, you do not need marriage to complete you (little wonder we're so husband-centric).
Am I against marriage, NO! who does that?

What I'm saying is that desperation has become the order of the day just so ladies can join the "elite few"
In pursuit of marriage (not happiness) ladies tend to loose ourselves.
Ask those who are really happy in their marriages, they weren't desperate.
They led their lives, they felt complete, they felt whole.
They understand what it means to love and be comfy with self (that's what attracts and keeps a man, all things being equal).

I never believed the post could get to a lady this much. It was only an opinion and I believe it shouldn't disturb anyone.

If that's what you think, then I think you're a tad bit insensitive.
Of course it will get to people who are not mentally as prepared or haven't developed turtle shells for varying opinions on here.
Opinions are that important to people that a newspaper house allots full or half page to varying kinds (ask TheSun and Punch)
The vice chairman of The Sun Newspapers, Dimgba Igwe's (of blessed memory) opinion is what might have led to his untimely death.
Ask Ken Saro Wiwa too.
They all started from opinions..........
Opinions do influence people's thinking, some in a positive light, others in a negative light.
People carry life and death in their tongue, hands in this case.
We need to be careful with our words, we should learn to build others and not tear them down with our words.
A lot of people with varying issues visit this site daily.
Why allow what they see compound problems for them?

Heck the people I'm speaking for right now may not know me, but I'll stand for what is right even if I stand alone.
smiley

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by jennylove7575(f): 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2014
God knows marriage ain't for me..I don't believe in spending the rest of my life with one man. Repeating same routine daily. I was watching a TV documentary somedays ago, about how Hungarian families were forcing their kids into marriage at the age of 14yrs. I was indeed gutted at the child abuse..people should be able to have choice...marriage shouldn't be by force but by choice....I recently met this guy on Nairaland, last week we decided to meet up at the Westfield shopping centre...when we met, for 5mins he couldn't say one word. He was startled. When he eventually opened his mouth to speak he said I can't believe am standing with crazy jennylove of Nairaland shocked a very pleasant guy indeed....to be cont...... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2014
hotwax:

The bolded is what hopelessly single ladies always want us to see.
cheesy
LoL
The hopeless ones, yeah, so true.
The hopeful ones, no.
They're not concerned with proving or disproving anything to the male folk.
They're more concerned at working on themselves, letting out positive energy, feeling complete and whole (with or without Mr Right around).
They're learning to love themselves and live their lives, without caring as much whether anyone notices.

The problem is multifaceted
1. Some beautiful ladies find it difficult to keep their man. And when they fail, they still go about claiming to be in a relationship. They make people around them believe they in a serious relationship. This is physiologically linked with pride.They don't want people to look at them and say "You are this beautiful and still single. Is there anything wrong with you?".

Honestly?
I don't blame them, who wants to be identified in this our Nigeria as boyfriendless (sic) (except my likes of course cool)
You'd be looked down upon.
You'd be made to feel like you do not belong.
Like your own don baje finish.
Typically, who wants that?! cheesy cheesy

This further creates more problems for them, as men (serious ones) will see them as already engaged whereas, they are single.
This is correct!

2. Promiscuous life:- I have dated a beautiful lady...whenever, she is with me, she answer calls like a customer care personnel. She has like 300 guys on her bbm. She is always on her bbm 24-7. Do you expect me to marry someone like that? Trust me Jibike is still single till now. I have heard she is doing introduction for 3 times, all failing, those guys running away at the end of the day (like I did). Beauty is a gift from God, but if you let it get into your head, you are just a fck meat. I understand, the societal pressure on beautiful girls. Men want to leak their honey pot. But, they are all Market noise (Yoruba adage)

Those aren't the category of people I was indirectly addressing in the OP.

3. Womanhood and value: - If you are beautiful without character, then forget it. No man want to marry a nagging wife who is gonna make his life miserable for the end of his life. I cant marry a woman who will tempt me to beat her.
WHat most ladies dont know is, a moderate (not so beautiful or average) lady with good character is like a Gold. No man will resist that. Sorry to say, men derive the same pleasure from all virgi.nas. So basing marriage on having sex with a beautiful woman is childish. They all have the same hole...and a tight a hole is even better. So a beautiful with loose hole has not value. Men even want to marry a woman that will give him rest of mind. Not a flashy plastic men will be flocking around

undecided undecided I wasn't addressing those category of people either.

I can continue to say on and on and on....
You've raised valid points, especially when tackling singleness in ladies from a general point of view.
smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

No one generalized the problem of beautiful single ladies to their attitude or deliverance cases...
That doesn't change the fact that beautiful girls(not all) come with a lot of character deformation...

I haven't disputed that, or have I?

It's ok to console yourself under the umbrella that, marriage ain't everything and all. Marriage has never been everything anyway, but in our society - its importance can't be over-emphasized.

Self-esteem is a personal ish, she shouldn't let anyone treat her less bc of her marital/relationship status...but then I know a lot of single ladies that say this same thing, then secretly be going for prayer sessions.

LoL........
You sound lipsrsealed I rather not use that.
Where in my post did I say marriage isn't everything.
Console myself?
Huh?
Why should I?

The fact that marriage is given top priority (which is an utterly good thing) doesn't mean people should be pressured into it, by society, by parents etc.......
It only leads a lady to desperation which is not good for her psychologically and emotionally and that is so not a good way to prepare for something as Sacred and Beautiful as Marriage, albeit as I understand it.
The window of single-hood for a lady is time to explore and leverage herself (but the opposite is the case in our society).

To all single ladies:
There is a right time for everything, including marriage and kids.
Until then,
Please Live!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by quintybabee(f): 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
I usually dont comment on post about single ladies and guys stereotypical mind set that the most important thing to ladies is marriage. It will surprise some men that some ladies don't want to be saddled with the resposibility that comes with marriage. I know these are minute compare to the majority who feel their live is meaningless without a mrs attached to their name. To say all babeswant to b married is gross generalisation

7 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ideology(m): 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Let's not make this post look so personal.

My Dear Mizmycoli, was airing her views and understands better the dimension she was addressing the issue from which makes her opinion right in that direction.

We can turn it to positive and objective discussion.

Some ladies are single for other reasons like :

1. Immediate environment
2. Nature of job.
3 cities where one lives eg Lagos
4. Parental influences, eg I know a lady who had 3 suitors the mum rejected either for tribal reasons or financial status., this is 5years counting since she moved to Lagos, no suitor has showed up again, just last year, her younger sister got married.

Its not always about character or atitude or past lifestyle

Lets find solutions ;
1. E-dating not a bad idea, at least from records, serious ones are lipsrsealed
Am expecting more NLDERS wedding from 2016 tongue grin

7 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
grin grin grin
Your Energy is Charming cheesy
jennylove7575: God knows marriage ain't for me..I don't believe in spending the rest of my life with one man. Repeating same routine daily. I was watching a TV documentary somedays ago, about how Hungarian families were forcing their kids into marriage at the age of 14yrs. I was indeed gutted at the child abuse..people should be able to have choice...marriage shouldn't be by force but by choice....I recently met this guy on Nairaland, last week we decided to meet up at the Westfield shopping centre...when we met, for 5mins he couldn't say one word. He was startled. When he eventually opened his mouth to speak he said I can't believe am standing with crazy jennylove of Nairaland shocked a very pleasant guy indeed....to be cont...... grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2014
By 'yourself' I am not referring to you ma'am. @mizMycoli, neither did I say you are disputing it in reference to your post, @least I didn't quote your post to say those things, shows that it's just my observation.

The only way I sound is, this marriage ish has been over-flogged. If you see husband - if it's perfect- marry. In the absence of that, let it slide.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
quintybabee: I usually dont comment on post about single ladies and guys stereotypical mind set that the most important thing to ladies is marriage. It will surprise some men that some ladies don't want to be saddled with the resposibility that comes with marriage. I know these are minute compare to the majority who feel their live is meaningless without a mrs attached to their name. To say all babeswant to b married is gross generalisation

All babes want to marry, but circumstances make them change their decision.

No sane woman will say I dont want to marry. Even Lesbian marry .

Even the so-called feminist Kim Kardasian Family are hiding in men's house.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2014

My point Exaccerly!
"Mrs" is good!
But "You" are better.

"Mrs" won't be happy and fulfilled if you have a poor image of "You".
Take that time before you become "Mrs" and explore yourself, advance your career/business, be better!
Don't be Husband-Centric.
Not good for You for your emotional sanity!.

errmm Quinty, I'm not referring directly to you o cheesy

quintybabee: I usually don't comment on post about single ladies and guys stereotypical mind set that the most important thing to ladies is marriage. It will surprise some men that some ladies don't want to be saddled with the responsibility that comes with marriage. I know these are minute compare to the majority who feel their live is meaningless without a mrs attached to their name. To say all babes want to b married is gross generalization

3 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
C'est fini smiley
Kachisbarbie: By 'yourself' I am not referring to you ma'am. @mizMycoli, neither did I say you are disputing it in reference to your post, @least I didn't quote your post to say those things, shows that it's just my observation.

The only way I sound is, this marriage ish has been over-flogged. If you see husband - if it's perfect- marry. In the absence of that, let it slide.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2014

LoL
I'm glad you get me.
Thank You smiley
ideology: Let's not make this post look so personal.

My Dear Mzmycoli, was airing her views and understands better the dimension she was addressing the issue from which makes her opinion right in that direction.

We can turn it to positive and objective discussion.

Some ladies are single for other reasons like :

1. Immediate environment
2. Nature of job.
3 cities where one lives eg Lagos
4. Parental influences, eg I know a lady who had 3 suitors the mum rejected either for tribal reasons or financial status., this is 5years counting since she moved to Lagos, no suitor has showed up again, just last year, her younger sister got married.

Its not always about character or atitude or past lifestyle

Lets find solutions ;
1. E-dating not a bad idea, at least from records, serious ones are lipsrsealed
Am expecting more NLDERS wedding from 2016 tongue grin

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
MizMyColi: C'est fini smiley
Thankyou joor. It's annoying, some of them take the husband hustle too serious, it's not that serious abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Were Asked To Get Married Under This Condition / LADIES: Mention The Things You Need From Your Man To Make You Loyal To Him / Reasons Why People Engage In Premarital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.