Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… (41381 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Why Do Ugly Guys Get A Girl And Handsome Ones Are Single / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
quintybabee: It is funny when guys say ladies are choosy and you conclude they aint married bcause of character flaws.
1)What make u think she aint watching out for bad character in u guys and that is d reason she havent settled down?

2) Even d bible says who want to build a house and wont first count d cost, so what make u think d reason they didnt accept ur proposal Is because after 'counting d cost' they feel being married to you isnt worth it at all

3) Y do u conclude marriage is paradise and so much rosy? Ask d married folks, they all have a story to tell.

4) what make you think the 'good ones' are married while d 'bad ones' aint married?

5) what makes you think d ladies that married early are enjoyin their marriage and the ones that married late wont.

6) what make you think ladies with good character are married to good men and the one with bad character are with bad men.

Are there no good men married to bad women and are still in d marriage. Are there no good women married to bad men and they wish they were never married
Bottom line Is don't generalise and as a christian I will add pray and let God direct u. Bible says how can a youth guide his ways except the lord. also to all single ladies out there, marraige isnt a do or die affair, if u rush in due to desperation u are most likely to file for divorce very soon. Desperation Is a strong fragrance and guys can smell and it put them off. Need i say no man can make u happy and that marriage doesn't guarantee happiness, so b happy. #shalom#

100000000+ likes
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
1000+ likes
shady26: Answer: wait for your man and while at it , be responsible and productive.Life does not begin and end with marriage!
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
shaybebaby: Marriage this, marriage that... So all ladies must get married yeah? Okay, after that " big achievement", what next?
Does it mean the sun would shine brighter the next day? Does it mean an @rsehole would suddenly become an angel? Does it mean an end to poverty and strife? Does it mean that happiness is guaranteed till the end of one's lifetime? Heck, would that even put food on the table?
Yes my sister, marriage has ended:

1. Poverty
2. Suffering
3. Sleeping around
4. Confusion
5. Unhappiness
6. Loneliness
7. Disrespect
Etc for many ladies...I am sure u can count some married women around u or ur area who came from wretched family backgrounds but became queens after they got married to their husbands.

Marriage can make or mar someone, that's y we all need to pray sincerely to our God to pls help us find our real mate.

If u marry your real mate; whether poor or rich, u two will achieve greatness with time, but if u marry the wrong person, your life trauma begins.

Let's stop pretending like we all don't long to be with that awesome guy or lady that we do secretly admire or pray for....instead, let's be honest and humble and ask God to pls link us with our real partner, and that is my daily prayer, so help me Godsmiley

Marriage has made some people great, what if my parents decided not to marry, where will I have been What if President Goodluck's parents decided not to marry and pretend they don't want marriage, where will Goodluck have been today Pls let's not follow the footsteps of failed people who failed out of their pomposity, ignorance and arrogance, but let's try and follow honourable men and women who achieved great things in life.

Marriage can make you become the best and the most important person in your society, just pray to God to help u find the right partner, that's all my sister. Have a great day aheadsmiley

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Beckharm: 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
Funjosh:

I am looking for a wife grin

grin. Marry OP
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ihedinobi2: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
DailyNews: OMG!!! Ihedinobi2, you're my new crush now o, no homo pls...OMG! This guy just emptied my mind here, gosh!!! My brother, I have bookmarked your name, jeez! Well done.

To add to what u have already said, one truth ladies fail to understand is this: we guys too long and desire to marry even more than the ladies, just that nature favoured men in this area....and honestly, I long to marry too...but haven't met that lady that would thrill me and make me rush to my mama and say- I have found her o and I can't waste any minute....I pray God make us cross path soonest...
Lol. Thanks, bro. I have followed your thoughts on this forum before and I find them admirable too.

I worry about women but they've told me not to worry about them. I hope I start listening sometime. cheesy

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
It's funny how a seemingly harmless post could generate such hateful comment.
Well, one thing I've learned is, people who are so quick to criticize and use derogatory words on people, even when the aim of a discussion/gathering is solely for encouragement have an insecurity of sorts that they find hard dealing with and as such will only feel better when they vent on another and then begin to exchange banters, the cycle continues.

I have read the original post countless times and seeing as I am my greatest critic, I've tried to fault even one word that I said there, bearing in mind, why I chose to write in the first place.

What I mostly see here is, the topic/post being totally misconstrued or people trying to bring the heat from the other thread (wherever it is) to this one.

I was even advised to tag to post, "for older ladies"

It is for them and for the younger folks too, who are/will begin to receive subtle pressures from society, family and even self.

My main concern now is that everyone who this really concerns get my message without getting it twisted.

If any part isn't clear enough, feel free to talk to me, objectively here, it won't be as noisy, i think smiley

As for other views, as far as this thread is concerned, honestly, I couldn't care lesswink
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2014
geosegun:

you are only consoling yourself. Marriage is a serious matter- Most would not be fulfilled if they are not married. Stop telling yourself lies and settle down for the truth. the earlier the better.

My one cent.
Lol, I am married, with kids sef. I am just stating the obvious, that no one should take the hustle too serious.

I am married @hotwax
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

This is the same reason why we have many single girls out there. The number is increasing.

The problem is, guys likes and comment on ugly ladies pix on facebook just to provide avenue to fck the girl. Its not that the girl is actually beautiful.

Imagine a lady getting 100+ like on her facebook picture will think she is the hotest girl in the woorld. She will feel on top of the world and become arrogant. "I am hot" .

Go to Badoo, Twoo e.t..c. Most single girls are over 30 there. I just wonder when/who is gonna marry these armies of singletons. And when I see a lady doing Yanga unnecessarily, I laugh. The Yanga you are doing to me, another girl will quickly jump to that offer.
That's true...I blame guys on that for hyping some ladies to the detriment of those ladies' future. Anyway, a wise lady ought to know how to relate with people no matter who she is or feel she is.

But then, guys too desire marriage more ocheesy you can't believe a very close friend of mine rung me over the weekend, and guess what He was just screaming that he has finally found her ocheesy to be honest with u, I felt jealous small ocheesy

He told me he's gonna propose to her on his birthday coming very soon...and if I tell u how they met, u will laugh...life eh.

So whoever says marriage means nothing to him/her isn't ready. If he is a guy, he has no cash, he's still below 27yrs or haven't met a girl that thrilled him, and for ladies, she is either arrogant, ill-mannered, very ugly with bad character and haven't met a guy that swept her off her feet, that's d truthsmiley

If Kim K, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Shakira, et al would get thrilled by marriage, who is that girl claiming she doesn't like marriage Its cos she has failed in attracting d right guys due to many reasons best known to her, so if I hearcheesycheesy

I think every guy that loves his sister or female friends should introduce them to nairaland to come and learn because nairaland is one of d few places where a lady willing to learn can learn abt guys by hearing exactly how guys feel abt ladies not based on any hidden agenda.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by GRAND30(m): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
grin
DailyNews: One thing I have observed over the years; social media boom has deceived so many ladies into believing that they're beautiful just because they snapped arranged beautiful pictures and got likes+compliments, whereas in real life, they aren't all that pretty.

Guys pls beware of falling for a girl just because u saw her in a picture looking like a goddess...most look totally different and always poorer than they appear on pics. So I would advice u fall for her character/personality if u can't see her in person and not her pics...and if she turns out physically pretty in real life, all glory to God.

This has led to so many online heartbreaks...and reason many guys now are scared of online dating.

Don't expect too much based on a lady's picture....not all physically pretty ladies are photogenic...seems the not-so-pretty ones look more glamorous on picscheesy

@GRAND30, you're more than intelligent and I am so impressed reading your last comment here. In fact, send me your credit card details including secret pin so I can wire u some cash right awaycheesy

Hahahahahaha...thanks for your beautiful points and the lavish commendation. I don lost my credit card oooo. Cheers brother!
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 12:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
DailyNews: That's true...I blame guys on that for hyping some ladies to the detriment of those ladies' future. Anyway, a wise lady ought to know how to relate with people no matter who she is or feel she is.

But then, guys too desire marriage more ocheesy you can't believe a very close friend of mine rung me over the weekend, and guess what He was just screaming that he has finally found her ocheesy to be honest with u, I felt jealous small ocheesy

He told me he's gonna propose to her on his birthday coming very soon...and if I tell u how they met, u will laugh...life eh.

So whoever says marriage means nothing to him/her isn't ready. If he is a guy, he has no cash, he's still below 27yrs or haven't met a girl that thrilled him, and for ladies, she is either arrogant, ill-mannered, very ugly with bad character and haven't met a guy that swept her off her feet, that's d truthsmiley

If Kim K, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Shakira, et al would get thrilled by marriage, who is that girl claiming she doesn't like marriage Its cos she has failed in attracting d right guys due to many reasons best known to her, so if I hearcheesycheesy

I think every guy that loves his sister or female friends should introduce them to nairaland to come and learn because nairaland is one of d few places where a lady willing to learn can learn abt guys by hearing exactly how guys feel abt ladies not based on any hidden agenda.

The highlighted is a blow on our women. When People like Beyonce can get married, I dont see any girl not fantasizing about her wedding day.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

The highlighted is a blow on our women. When People like Beyonce can get married, I dont see any girl not fantasizing about her wedding day.
Anyway, we all know the truth- we can lie to people but we can't lie to ourselvessmiley @Ihedinobi2 and Grand50, una well done o....I am enjoying this thread....I always enjoy relationship threadscheesycheesy
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ChiSun27(m): 12:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: chisun27 it OK at this point . your beginining to pass boundaries....watch it.

R u threatening me?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ihedinobi2: 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2014
DailyNews: That's true...I blame guys on that for hyping some ladies to the detriment of those ladies' future. Anyway, a wise lady ought to know how to relate with people no matter who she is or feel she is.

Omo, I don laff die for here. You talk true joo! Dunno what happened to the Like button though. grin

People have said of social media that there's too much fakery here to find the right person. But people are actually more honest in anonymity than when they are known to other people. Additionally, even when people are lying unbeknownst to the people watching them, they tell you a lot about themselves through the things they consistently do. That's why people can learm a huge deal on social media.

Still laffing @ the part about people who say they're not interested in marriage. Oh my God! Lmao! grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by GRAND30(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
franconian:

Well said Bro!

Let me translate this from my language...."Before wild yam go know say e na bush yam, my people, day go don dark". Many of them don't usually listen to advice when they should.

I have three as neighbors. They are triplet. They should be in their mid or late thirties. They are so beautiful and their dad is one of the wealthiest here. I was surprised when I came into the area to find these 3 beautiful wise women single. I always wonder why they were still single but not until two months ago.

I don't greet them much cos they rarely greet someone n when u eventually greet them, they give u a very weak response....So it happened on that day, one was strolling down the street to get fuel ( d gas station is not far off) while I was coming from the opposite direction at the other side of the tarred road. I was lost for a moment when I heared " aaaiiiss, come go buy me fuel" with so much insolence. I was like WTF....I jeje waka/cross go meet her,the mumu con dey give me gallon and money. I cleared my voice and said...." this is probably the reason y u r still single, U don't have respect for people". I turned n walked away. After walking for almost a minutes, I turned to look at her, she was still standing at that very spot where I left her - looking dumbfounded. I was like...good for u!!!

In their own case, too much money might have played a role, but I have found out that generally, beautiful ladies exhibit too much pride (not vigour,not verve) - that very thing that pisses men up.

Brother, your encounter with that girl almost knocked me down in laughter. Well I'm pleased you gave her what most people knew she needed but didn't have the guts to leave on her path. A woman's three most damaging flaws are pride, superiority complex over a man, and obsession with her physical beauty. When men come around such ladies, it is merely to take what they want and run away! Have a good day bro! I really fancy your guts.

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thank You Cococandy smiley
cococandy: The nastiest girls I ever met were the ugliest.
I don't know where y'all get the 'FACT' that most beautiful ladies have character flaws.

The mind boggles.

Nice thread mizmycoli
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ihedinobi2: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: It's funny how a seemingly harmless post could generate such hateful comment.
Well, one thing I've learned is, people who are so quick to criticize and use derogatory words on people, even when the aim of a discussion/gathering is solely for encouragement have an insecurity of sorts that they find hard dealing with and as such will only feel better when they vent on another and then begin to exchange banters, the cycle continues.

I have read the original post countless times and seeing as I am my greatest critic, I've tried to fault even one word that I said there, bearing in mind, why I chose to write in the first place.

What I mostly see here is, the topic/post being totally misconstrued or people trying to bring the heat from the other thread (wherever it is) to this one.

I was even advised to tag to post, "for older ladies"

It is for them and for the younger folks too, who are/will begin to receive subtle pressures from society, family and even self.

My main concern now is that everyone who this really concerns get my message without getting it twisted.

If any part isn't clear enough, feel free to talk to me, objectively here, it won't be as noisy, i think smiley

As for other views, as far as this thread is concerned, honestly, I couldn't care lesswink
smiley

I think most of us say that we're our own worst critic. I certainly used to and sometimes still do. But, ehn, I have heard criticism from outside that made my own efforts to keep myself centered look like a lot of nauseating pandering, lol. I greatly admire that quality of self-judgment but we could all use outside perspective all the time, sis. Because we are not always fair to our own selves. We are either too generous or too unaccommodating sometimes to be.

Secondly, your approach to this pressure that you are so interested in makes it look like the pressure is a bad thing. That was part of my concern. I don't think being pressured to succeed at most other things in life is taken so poorly. Most of us feel that we're so much better for all the pressure that our support group put on us to succeed. Where pressure does not make sense is when the person being pressured has no responsibility or control at all. Outside of that, pressure is one of the ways our support groups help to encourage us toward the best things in life.

I responded here because I don't find anything in your message unclear. Pardon my impertinence.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by shaybebaby(f): 1:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
osemu8: work on the scammer,but ensure u are not scammed
Because she doesn't have better things to do abi?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Omo, I don laff die for here. You talk true joo! Dunno what happened to the Like button though. grin

People have said of social media that there's too much fakery here to find the right person. But people are actually more honest in anonymity than when they are known to other people. Additionally, even when people are lying unbeknownst to the people watching them, they tell you a lot about themselves through the things they consistently do. That's why people can learm a huge deal on social media.

Still laffing @ the part about people who say they're not interested in marriage. Oh my God! Lmao! grin grin
That's d truth nagrin how can a reasonable say he or she doesn't want to marry Sir Albert Einstein married....as evil as my friend Hitler was, he still had a live-in girlfriend he was abt marrying before d world war ended against his wish...Queen Elizabeth married...Michael Jackson of all men marriedcheesy

Believe me Ihedi, any guy that claims he doesn't want to marry is either:

- broke
- not of age (below 27yrs)
- haven't met a lady that thrilled him beyond doubtssmiley

And for d ladies, any lady u hear saying she doesn't want to marry, she is either:

- very ugly with ill character that repels guys off
- old and has failed to attract d right guy
- have been heart-broken n dumped severally by many guyscheesy
- divorced
- she lacks manner, character and respect and its been chasing ppl away from her
- she was raised by a single mother: a bitter and unhappy single mother who told her plenty evil things abt mencheesy

And if u hear a married lady advice others not to marry, then she married for d wrong reason and regretting her mistakes and wish others can be in her shoes so she can feel glad that its everyone's problem and not hers alonecheesy

Trust me, a sane man or woman from a well to do family will always long to marrysmiley

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Danhumprey: 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sanchez01: I consider this a rebuttal to the one you read, unfortunately, I find the argument weak, a little too weak, I'd say. Your thread, though seem to serve as a bit of encouragement to females out there, still, it has failed to tackle the real issue.

No one loves a single, the earlier you understand it, the better. It is okay and maybe believable if a guy says so. I have friends who say they won't think of marriage until 15-20years from now. I'm talking about guys of around 25 years,on the average. And the reason is because they want to run around and explore before being tied down. The story is way different for ladies, at least, I have a bit of understanding, which is; ladies' don't have time on their neck as their male counterpart.

This is Africa, WE ARE BLACK AND OUR IDEOLOGY ABOUT MARRIAGE AND BEING SINGLE IS DIFFERENT FROM THAT OF THE WESTERN WORLD. Marriage, is the ultimate target for every lady in this part of the world. At least, they think so. True, why a lady is single is hers alone but will her parents think so? Her place of worship? Her friends? And even the society? We're superstitious and we hold marriage issues dear to our heart, particularly when it's on the part of the lady. Ladies are subjected to pressure on this part, particularly here, in Nigeria. To verify this, why do ladies feel uneasy when they hit 25? Why do they worry when all they get from guys are the 'boyfriend/girlfriend only zone'? You must understand these things, Dearie.

I never believed the post could get to a lady this much. It was only an opinion and I believe it shouldn't disturb anyone.
You've said my mind,bro. Most of these ladies forget that we are in Africa.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ihedinobi2: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
cococandy: So you agree that character flaws can be present in anyone?
So why the recent hype of that found in pretty girl?
Just that when a normal girl misbehaves,she's only human but when a pretty girl does it's because she beautiful?

Some things are so dumb I can't believe we still discuss such in present times.
Nne, I nugo ihe a mbu: "nee ka nwata nwaanyi a na-eme ka o bu nna ya nwe ala Owere ebe o madighi mma"? You get?

An ugly woman who treats herself like she's something men should die for attracts scorn because she has practically nothing going for her. But a beautiful arrogant woman is like an enticing meal full of fish spines. You want to take a swallow but you could choke on any spoon. So it's particularly more annoying when the woman who has something to be proud about becomes proud indeed.

It's the same way about men. If a rich man starts to act with pride, it pisses people off. But if a poor man acts with arrogance, he might piss people off but he will attract more scorn than anger.

By the way, do you watch music videos especially the raunchy ones? How many of those girls are ugly? You get my point, I hope. smiley
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Danhumprey: 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

The bolded is what hopelessly single ladies always want us to see.

However, I am not here to lash single ladies. We all have our problems. Even there are guys out there who are still single.

The problem is multifaceted
1. Some beautiful ladies find it difficult to keep their man. And when they fail, they still go about claiming to be in a relationship. They make people around them believe they in a serious relationship. This is physiologically linked with pride. They don't want people to look at them and say "You are this beautiful and still single. Is there anything wrong with you?". This further creates more problems for them, as men (serious ones) will see them as already engaged whereas, they are single.

2. Promiscuous life:- I have dated a beautiful lady...whenever, she is with me, she answer calls like a customer care personnel. She has like 300 guys on her bbm. She is always on her bbm 24-7. Do you expect me to marry someone like that? Trust me Jibike is still single till now. I have heard she is doing introduction for 3 times, all failing, those guys running away at the end of the day (like I did). Beauty is a gift from God, but if you let it get into your head, you are just a fck meat. I understand, the societal pressure on beautiful girls. Men want to leak their honey pot. But, they are all Market noise (Yoruba adage)

3. Womanhood and value: - If you are beautiful without character, then forget it. No man want to marry a nagging wife who is gonna make his life miserable for the end of his life. I cant marry a woman who will tempt me to beat her.
WHat most ladies dont know is, a moderate (not so beautiful or average) lady with good character is like a Gold. No man will resist that. Sorry to say, men derive the same pleasure from all virgi.nas. So basing marriage on having sex with a beautiful woman is childish. They all have the same hole...and a tight a hole is even better. So a beautiful with loose hole has not value. Men even want to marry a woman that will give him rest of mind. Not a flashy plastic men will be flocking around

I can continue to say on and on and on....

smiley

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Danhumprey: 1:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
ERCROSS: The bottom line is that some beautiful Ladies allows their beauties to get into their head...
Their beauty has endowed with so much pride that they don't even know how to give men who are potential husband material some respect.
Most beautiful ladies are not wife material, no cooking skill.. no home care attitude, too materialistic ..
And believe this, it is easier to tag beautiful gurls as hoes than their not-so-beautiful counterparts.
Very easy,I tell you!
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2014
ihedinobi2:

smiley

I think most of us say that we're our own worst critic. I certainly used to and sometimes still do. But, ehn, I have heard criticism from outside that made my own efforts to keep myself centered look like a lot of nauseating pandering, lol. I greatly admire that quality of self-judgment but we could all use outside perspective all the time, sis. Because we are not always fair to our own selves. We are either too generous or too unaccommodating sometimes to be.

But I've been criticized here.
Now, subconsciously armed with that and with an open mind, I decided to make myself accountable.
Most times before people tell me I'm wrong, I usually have the idea, faintly albeit.
If convinced by others, due to my lack of hindsight/foresight at the time, I rarely hesitate to own up.

Secondly, your approach to this pressure that you are so interested in makes it look like the pressure is a bad thing.

Pressure is good.
But when it comes to people being pressured in an area of their lives where they have little or no control over the outcome of such "reactions", I would that people take it really easy on them or leave them to God completely. He created them, their mate too.
He knows how best to work out plans for their lives.

That was part of my concern. I don't think being pressured to succeed at most other things in life is taken so poorly. Most of us feel that we're so much better for all the pressure that our support group put on us to succeed. Where pressure does not make sense is when the person being pressured has no responsibility or control at all. Outside of that, pressure is one of the ways our support groups help to encourage us toward the best things in life.

Having shared a real life experience here on the "goodness of marriage pressure" (even when we have no real control as to whom we marry or who marries us eventually), I have nothing more to say.

I responded here because I don't find anything in your message unclear. Pardon my impertinence.
smiley
I never perceived it that way.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Olusanya333(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2014
Like Seriously,ladies have many problem,wanting all attention
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by princessayesha(f): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
Matured post at last
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Ugly or beautiful,many ladies in our generation will remain single.Have u bothered checking how "fashionable" it is being a single mother nowadays?
Many ladies forget that we are in africa and we still respect the rules of marriage.I was on the thread abt ankle chains fews days back and a lady talked abt not begging for a man; she implied her freedom is more important.Another said men are looking pple who they'll dictate to.They fail to realise that this generation is different from that of our parents.Few men 'll adopt the approach of our fathers' which was /is very authoritative.This implies women already av more freedom...wonder wat they still looking for.They shld keep in mind that there will neva come a time(regardless of level of civilzation) where women 'll head families.Roles are prescribed and nothing will change them.Even in the animal kingdom,there are rules.
I was watching birds(an hobby for megrin) some months back and i saw these two birds;one was picking dry grass for nests while d oda was on sentry.Which one was male?Your guess is as good as mine wink

My advice is dat dey relax and take their minds off that" utopian" relationship they seek where man and woman have equal
rights
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 3:14pm On Sep 10, 2014
In addition, our girls nowadays base their life on Nollliwood stars and music industries.

It is what a nollywood star does that they imitate. I know of some girls in my office talk about Kim Kardasian every day.

She is always with Magzine of Kardashians. She even said it publicly one day that she doesnt mind doing bottom Job.

When a female artist goes out public on twitter to say rubbish about how they are better as single mom.

They dont know that most of these Nollywood stars are Abuja big girls (prostitutes). They are just advertising and assuring their customers that they are still single.

Most girls will want to copy that. One will even say, "after all, Genevieve is still single"

Are you Genevieve? Do you know what Genevieve does to make money?

Do you think its this usual, parlor drama fetching milliions they are spending? Hell no, some of them are lucky to get MTN/GLO endorsements.

Most of them are call girls to big belle men.

When I get female daughter, I wont expose her to TV life

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by hotwax: 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: Ugly or beautiful,many ladies in our generation will remain single.Have u bothered checking how "fashionable" it is being a single mother nowadays?
Many ladies forget that we are in africa and we still respect the rules of marriage.I was on the thread abt ankle chains fews days back and a lady talked abt not begging for a man; she implied her freedom is more important.Another said men are looking pple who they'll dictate to.They fail to realise that this generation is different from that of our parents.Few men 'll adopt the approach of our fathers' which was /is very authoritative.This implies women already av more freedom...wonder wat they still looking for.They shld keep in mind that there will neva come a time(regardless of level of civilzation) where women 'll head families.Roles are prescribed and nothing will change them.Even in the animal kingdom,there are rules.
I was watching birds(an hobby for megrin) some months back and i saw these two birds;one was picking dry grass for nests while d oda was on sentry.Which one was male?Your guess is as good as mine wink

My advice is dat dey relax and take their minds off that" utopian" relationship they seek where man and woman have equal
rights

Its not African matter. Even the Oyinbos, the so called civilized people Cherise Union of Man and woman. The only reason they do arrangee wedding is because of cost of divorce. Divorce favors women in western countries. Despite that, they still find a way to get tied.

Beyonce, Kim Kardasian, Maria carey, big guns in American entertainment are not single. They have good and loving home.

Even little boy Justin Barbier has his own public girl.

Naija girls just get their own problem

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
shaybebaby:
Because she doesn't have better things to do abi?
u said so
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ihedinobi2: 3:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

smiley

But I've been criticized here.
Now, subconsciously armed with that and with an open mind, I decided to make myself accountable.
Most times before people tell me I'm wrong, I usually have the idea, faintly albeit.
If convinced by others, due to my lack of hindsight/foresight at the time, I rarely hesitate to own up.

Pressure is good.
But when it comes to people being pressured in an area of their lives where they have little or no control over the outcome of such "reactions", I would that people take it really easy on them or leave them to God completely. He created them, their mate too.
He knows how best to work out plans for their lives.

Having shared a real life experience here on the "goodness of marriage pressure" (even when we have no real control as to whom we marry or who marries us eventually), I have nothing more to say.
Thank you. Now I'm happy. You've finally engaged me. I don't do very well with dismissive responses. I like to get feedback when I bother to get involved in a discussion.

What I perceive in your response is that you consider yourself - and women, generally, I suppose - unable to control how your journey to the altar turns out. That is what I would like to discuss now with you.

Why do you consider it outside your control? How do you think people get hitched, I'd like to know? Do you consider that perhaps the problem was not that you were trying so hard to get married in itself? What if it were that you didn't know why marriage was instituted and by what parameters you could identify the right man for you? And that you didn't know how to play your part as a woman to capture and hold the interest of the man you wanted?

MizMyColi: smiley
I never perceived it that way.
I see. Thanks for telling me. Your response(s) sort of made it seem that way to me.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nope. She is 'badder' than me. grin grin and she doesn't do alternate monikers.

Where is she sef? Even me don turn scarce commodity for NL. Hehehe... long thing!
grin

Mizmycoli, you ehn! Okay!

MizMyColi: shocked shocked shocked
is this Idowuogbo's alternate moniker?

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 5:01pm On Sep 10, 2014

ihedinobi2:

Thank you.
smiley

Now I'm happy. You've finally engaged me. I don't do very well with dismissive responses. I like to get feedback when I bother to get involved in a discussion.

I avoid you because you remind me alot of me. (a part)
Funnily, I thought of it on my way back from work yesterday and
I be like:
"why do you avoid so and so people's post"
Then I start to give reasons
"They're too serious for my liking joor grin"
"That one never laughs, must he be so serious, ha! cheesy"
"The other one is fuzzy"
And then my inner, inner be like:
"Bae, own up joor smiley they remind you alot about yourself"
I burst into a laughter of sorts and had to form effizy with it, with my earpiece on, not really minding who was looking smiley

Why do you consider it outside your control? How do you think people get hitched, I'd like to know? Do you consider that perhaps the problem was not that you were trying so hard to get married in itself? What if it were that you didn't know why marriage was instituted and by what parameters you could identify the right man for you? And that you didn't know how to play your part as a woman to capture and hold the interest of the man you wanted?

I haven't really made it a focus to think on how people get hitched.
For me, it'll happen/happens when it'll.

Going by my story, and like many single ladies out there, I made evident mistakes which I tried to address rather subtly in the original post.
Desperation is a very repugnant scent. It does have a way of driving the guys off.
Other times, the lady/guy might not necessarily be doing anything wrong, they just aren't meant to be.

Honestly, I don't believe in "parameters" so to speak, they are good, yes.
But I'd trust more in a knowing, more like an a posteriori knowledge, that this is Him.
Feelings change, those parameters (they are in-fact, important) may disappear completely tomorrow.
Holistically, my parameter would be this, having known his Good, his Bad, his Ugly and his Very Ugly. (The emboldened may not necessarily show during courtship and the early stages of marriage, it'd take intuition and hind/foresight to know that for real).
Is he someone I can love still, despite all? (This is not the kind of decision you make in two weeks, even if God handed him in hand to you, it's rather gradual).

What I perceive in your response is that you consider yourself - and women, generally, I suppose - unable to control how your journey to the altar turns out. That is what I would like to discuss now with you.

I purposely consider it out of my control because I gave that rein of my life to someone who is beyond me, who I consider Alpha, Omega.
I once prayed in these lines:
"Abba, I know you've given me free will, I know I can live my life any how I want, without fear of any kind, because your sovereign hand'll be my guide."
"But Abba, concerning my marriage, I would that your absolute and perfect will be done."
"I give you full rein"
"I give you full control"

"Lead me in your paths...guide me aright"
"I'm afraid of making mistakes that I may never be able to redeem myself from"
"No matter what I do, no matter the choices I make, let your will for me be done."

"Abba, for the life you have prepared for me, prepare me."
"For the things I see not, show me."
"For the things I know not, teach me."

"Always give me wisdom for the moment."

I see. Thanks for telling me. Your response(s) sort of made it seem that way to me
smiley
.....you're welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

If You Were Asked To Get Married Under This Condition / LADIES: Mention The Things You Need From Your Man To Make You Loyal To Him / Reasons Why People Engage In Premarital Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.