Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… (41600 Views)

Do You Know Why You're Still Single? (Photo) / Why Do Ugly Guys Get A Girl And Handsome Ones Are Single / Beautiful But Still Single... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by harffie(m): 3:57am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:
Marry Anybody.......

Or Marry Somebody?
YOU NO DEY SLEEP?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 3:58am On Sep 10, 2014
Konjour: Everything that has being said on this thread could have been replies on the other thread.

Creating a thread just to counter what someone said in another thread is akin to breaking an egg

with an axe. At the end of the day, if you want to stay single till your breath your last, go ahead.

If you want to get married, choose wisely and do the damn thing. Some choices in life cannot be

enforced on you.
Honestly?
I don't remember commenting on that thread......I just read the topic and 2 more posts before "sekeming" out.

The real inspiration for this thread is a movie
Baggage Claims.

It is people like the main character that I meant to reach out to.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 4:09am On Sep 10, 2014
Sleeksylvia: Let me speak 4 myself. I want 2 get married tho still single 4 now. It is not good 4 a man/woman 2 be alone so desiring marriage is not a sin. I havE read books listened 2 eXperienced couples/preachers and developed myself 2 d best of my ability to be a submissive help meet and wife. I will not boast of being curvy or shapy like kim kardashian but I am proud of and i appreciate how God made me in a unique way and I know a man would love me d way I am. And I'm confident that he that shall come will come and will not tarry cos God has commanded it and d Holy SPirit is at work 2 bring it to pass.
10000000000+ likes kiss
Chi-zos!! shocked
Why is there a dearth of people who think like this and are not ashamed to admit it on here, why?

Somebody will quote her now and say she's not beautiful or she's being to choosy etc.

The OP is not meant for everyone.
Those who do will grasp the message behind my message.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by MizMyColi(f): 4:11am On Sep 10, 2014
harffie:
YOU NO DEY SLEEP?
I will, soon enough smiley
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by harffie(m): 4:16am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: I will, soon enough smiley
pls do dear....jes woke up

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by clappa: 4:31am On Sep 10, 2014
Many of dem live fake lives, copying wat the watch on tv and movies. They lack contentment and are very unsatisfied. They are also full of empty pride

3 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 10, 2014
Mtchew!!! Onpe!! Marriage isn't made for everyone jo. And if it isn't, for people to now add pressure into this complicated 'status/attitude/circumstance/phenomenon; it'd leave a lot of people even more grieved.

Ladies especially. People really need to start speaking as it concern them. So just like 'love' can be 'unnecessary' so also is 'marriage'. No two persons are the same, even identical twins. One can be married and the other single.

People should stop mounting pressure because of people's statuses. Beautiful or ugly, bottom line is 'how happy are you?' if you are, then fûck everyone with bad-belle/stuck-up/judgmental opinions about you and how you decide to live your life!

Se e concern their father?! Kilo kan iyalaya anybody nibe na?!! If he comes, he'd come find you but don't hide yourself in too much gross. You don't want him to not identify you under too much rubbish.

Yeye people spweing rubbish since odun gbogboro!!! Nansense!

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by vizkiz: 5:31am On Sep 10, 2014
solid3:

You guys are daft.

ok vanessa undecided
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by AdeniyiA(m): 5:37am On Sep 10, 2014
snowprince07: ***buahahahaha falls from palm tree
wetin u find go there? ordinary palm kernel? abi broom? ...smiley
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by DollyParton1(f): 5:49am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

Heck the people I'm speaking for right now may not know me, but I'll stand for what is right even if I stand alone.
smiley
You are not alone. I stand with you.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Adeboyefa(f): 5:59am On Sep 10, 2014
Even if all ladies become "marriage material" @ 18, are there enough men to marry them in this monogamous age? That's why there are so many single mothers out there. After age 25, many ladies give birth to avoid fibroids ,whether the man is ready to marry them or not.

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by 100Cents: 5:59am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: to you, you see it as frustration because of the society u live in...to me is called doing things that makes you happy..doing your own thing not living for others... Remember marriage doesn't breed happiness rather our choice of lifestyle do....we as individuals are in control of our own happiness./ emotion...what you think is the most important to you might not be my cup of tea. People differs. Trust me dis days lots of people are better off cohabiting. . Please stop jumping into conclusion about other peoples life. Life ain't one pattern.

Okay, cohabiting without marriage ?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by DollyParton1(f): 6:01am On Sep 10, 2014
hotwax:

All babes want to marry, but circumstances make them change their decision.

No sane woman will say I dont want to marry. Even Lesbian marry .

Even the so-called feminist Kim Kardasian Family are hiding in men's house.
There are women who have decided they do not want to get married, just like there men who do not want to get married
Don't get feminism wrong. Its not about encouraging women not to desire to get married. It is about letting women see themselves as human beings.
And no way is the Kardashian girls feminist, they are just bunch of misguided controlling women.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by claremont(m): 6:03am On Sep 10, 2014
I would have responded to this thread, but I can barely read the font of the OP without squinting my eyes.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by donodion(m): 6:03am On Sep 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie: No one generalized the problem of beautiful single ladies to their attitude or deliverance cases...
That doesn't change the fact that beautiful girls(not all) come with a lot of character deformation...
It's ok to console yourself under the umbrella that, marriage ain't everything and all. Marriage has never been everything anyway, but in our society - its importance can't be over-emphasized.

Self-esteem is a personal ish, she shouldn't let anyone treat her less bc of her marital/relationship status...but then I know a lot of single ladies that say this same thing, then secretly be going for prayer sessions.

WORD!!!
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ChiSun27(m): 6:21am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: God knows marriage ain't for me..I don't believe in spending the rest of my life with one man. Repeating same routine daily. I was watching a TV documentary somedays ago, about how Hungarian families were forcing their kids into marriage at the age of 14yrs. I was indeed gutted at the child abuse..people should be able to have choice...marriage shouldn't be by force but by choice....I recently met this guy on Nairaland, last week we decided to meet up at the Westfield shopping centre...when we met, for 5mins he couldn't say one word. He was startled. When he eventually opened his mouth to speak he said I can't believe am standing with crazy jennylove of Nairaland shocked a very pleasant guy indeed....to be cont...... grin

Did u jst say marriage aint 4 u?

Ur folks don't Nairaland....so go ahead n tell us what u can't boldy tell them to their face...we are waiting.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by pickabeau1: 6:22am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi: What's "Evulz"?
I've been meaning to ask
lolz......'evil'

1 Like

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Lightening: 6:25am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: to you, you see it as frustration because of the society u live in...to me is called doing things that makes you happy..doing your own thing not living for others... Remember marriage doesn't breed happiness rather our choice of lifestyle do....we as individuals are in control of our own happiness./ emotion...what you think is the most important to you might not be my cup of tea. People differs. Trust me dis days lots of people are better off cohabiting. Please stop jumping into conclusion about other peoples life. Life ain't one pattern.

I have a feeling that this lady is very confused. The danger here is that some impressionable minds here would read these comments and believe you meant them.

Someone has already showcased how fluid you can be on such matters as the foregoing.

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Funjosh(m): 6:27am On Sep 10, 2014
Beckharm: My beautiful neighbor is still single cos she haven't found a suitor.

I am looking for a wife grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Lightening: 6:30am On Sep 10, 2014
Sleeksylvia: Let me speak 4 myself. I want 2 get married tho still single 4 now. It is not good 4 a man/woman 2 be alone so desiring marriage is not a sin. I havE read books listened 2 eXperienced couples/preachers and developed myself 2 d best of my ability to be a submissive help meet and wife. I will not boast of being curvy or shapy like kim kardashian but I am proud of and i appreciate how God made me in a unique way and I know a man would love me d way I am. And I'm confident that he that shall come will come and will not tarry cos God has commanded it and d Holy SPirit is at work 2 bring it to pass.

May God give you all your heart desires. For those living in denial, may their quota also come to your likes to give you richer, wider choices, Amen.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Funjosh(m): 6:32am On Sep 10, 2014
shoefreak: Mtchew!!! Onpe!! Marriage isn't made for everyone jo. And if it isn't, for people to now add pressure into this complicated 'status/attitude/circumstance/phenomenon; it'd leave a lot of people even more grieved.

Ladies especially. People really need to start speaking as it concern them. So just like 'love' can be 'unnecessary' so also is 'marriage'. No two persons are the same, even identical twins. One can be married and the other single.

People should stop mounting pressure because of people's statuses. Beautiful or ugly, bottom line is 'how happy are you?' if you are, then fûck everyone with bad-belle/stuck-up/judgmental opinions about you and how you decide to live your life!

Se e concern their father?! Kilo kan iyalaya anybody nibe na?!! If he comes, he'd come find you but don't hide yourself in too much gross. You don't want him to not identify you under too much rubbish.

Yeye people spweing rubbish since odun gbogboro!!! Nansense!

I understand how you feel, is either you are SINGLE or MARRIED lipsrsealed
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Shollay20(m): 6:33am On Sep 10, 2014
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 10, 2014
Self-esteem is a personal ish, she shouldn't let anyone treat her less bc of her marital/relationship status...but then I know a lot of single ladies that say this same thing, then secretly be going for prayer sessions.[/quote]

LOL... grin
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by DollyParton1(f): 6:36am On Sep 10, 2014
I read through this thread. And all I can say is women have suffered.

2 Likes

Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:04am On Sep 10, 2014
MizMyColi:

So, I stumbled on a thread on here yesterday on why the “beautiful” ones are still single and the “ugly” ones keep clinching the best mates in town.

I laughed.

I can only imagine the kind of depression it would cause a beautiful guy or lady with different varieties of poor self image or worse still one who just got jilted and vice versa, seeing that post and some comments made there in (especially those who haven’t grown a turtle shell for NL).

The general impression is that, once, according to societal standards, a person is deemed beautiful, he or she couldn’t possibly lack the constant attention and companionship of the opposite sex (same sex in some cases).
It’s even worse for a Nigerian female because she is “supposed” to be married at latest, 25.
If she isn’t, then something must be wrong somewhere.
What about those who are 30, 35 and unmarried shocked shocked
Their own must be a deliverance case!

It won’t be strange finding a lady who is under so much/so little/subtle pressure to tie the knot already or win herself a man (like he is a trophy of sorts) asking herself questions in the lines of:
Why can’t I keep a man?
Am I an Ogbanje?
Am I cursed?
Maybe my stepmother is after my progress?
Is it because I’m not a virgin?
Is it because I’m a virgin?
Maybe I have a smelling character that repels men from afar? (even though she’s consciously working at being better) undecided
Maybe this my dressing is too holy holy
Maybe this my dressing and piercings is/are too Ashi-ish
I could go on and on……..

The opinion of guys, on this subject range from “men are intimidated by her (especially if she’s successful too)”.
“She’s a runs girl” etc.

For me, why a single beautiful girl is single is entirely her business and is not for me or anyone else to puzzle out.
Her being single doesn’t make her less or being engaged make her more.
I say treat ladies with respect, out of the mind-set that they are not incomplete for whatever cause they are single.
Relieve them of the pressure of the lies that they are less without a man in their arms.
#NuffSaid

The quote below might inspire someone out there, so I thought to share here, with permission from my diary:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
wink

Right on point girl! Its funny that some Nigerians most especially the men folk, find it hard to believe that a lady can choose to be single.

Its all about personal choice. I made a conscious decision a long time ago, that I wasn't gonna allow family or society dictate how I live my life or influence personal choices that affects me or my happiness. At the end of the day, when I die, I'm buried alone in the coffin. Quality over quantity any day please. undecided
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by zeb04(f): 7:04am On Sep 10, 2014
Lightening:

I have a feeling that this lady is very confused. The danger here is that some impressionable minds here would read these comments and believe you meant them.

Someone has already showcased how fluid you can be on such matters as the foregoing.

why do you think she is confused?
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by djeoziv(m): 7:11am On Sep 10, 2014
I did not finish reading this quote before sitting on the like bottom while carrying a heavy stone. kiss
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
@MizMyColi, I expected to see a well outlined and numbered reasons that I could use for my next journal publication, but unfortunately, you didn't provide me with any and I feel disappointed but then, I must say well done to all the truly super-pretty ladies like Bianca Ojukwu (not in picture o, I mean in real life pls), I wouldn't mind holding a house party for you allcheesycheesy and y isn't any lady answering Bianca in dis forum
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by ifeanyi83(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2014
very educative post...society expects so much but in the end..it's all about what makes me happy...
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by disloman(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2014
jennylove7575: ..Tallesty1 keep stalking me o. You wan force me marry? Ha ha ha funny indeed.
he's nt stalking but letting us know ao lying b1tch u r.
Re: On Why The “Beautiful” Ones Are Still Single… by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2014
@Sleeksylvia and Kachisbarbie, u ladies rock ocheesy I'm enjoying your comments and nodding my head here like an algama lizardgrin...will continue as I read furthersmiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please My Girlfriend Has Something To Do With Kanyamatta / Dating A Nigerian Woman Is Like Taking Care Of Orphans - Breggle Acha Derrick / Nigerian Guy Proposes To His Boo With Flash Mob In New York ( Video/photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.