Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:20 PM

Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 (70188 Views)

My CGPA Is Low And I Need To Finish With 2.1 / He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Why You Must Not Finish With A 2.1 To Succeed At A Job Or In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Contumely: 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2014
kessco: In addition to my previous post.

Paper qualifications in either 2:1 or 2:2 will give one an egde BUT that may/may not hand one success in the journey of life.

Proper preparations prevent poor performance, it's better to be prepared before opportunity presents itself and not in the midst of opportunity. In as much as it's good to work hard while in school to come out with good grade, don't kill yourself if the unfortunate happens.

God did not destine all to be First Class graduates or 2:2, HE gave all different talents according to HIS purpose. Life doesn't end in 2:1 or 2:2 or 3rd class, our society made it seem that way, that is why some work hard and even go extreme miles to get education at all cost.

Some fail to understand that education isn't just all about 2:1, 2:2 and 3rd class categories: there are two kinds of knowlege if you want to be successful.

We have general and special kinds of knowledge: Apart from ones First Class, 2:1, 2:2 which falls into the general type of knowledge and available to all students but some caught it before others in class, seek the special type of knowledge in addition. The special knowlegde is not acquired within the classrooms. What experience, skill do you have aside your First class, 2:1 or 2:2? General knowlege can give you a job but special knowlegde will help you to remain in the job.

Some have been opportuned (God's favor upon their labors) why some are not opportuned to be heard: An MD in one Multi_national Oil Company asked me to get him two males and not females to fill vacant positions(irrespective of their qualifications), his reason to male preference was that female ones are always going for 6months maternity leave and two just put to bed that month in addition to other ones and that he was no more comfortable with that, so I searched for two males among my friends because I don't want anyone that will spoil my reputation. So you can now see how opportunity located these friends and they are First Class, 2:1, 2:2 and 3rd class out there waiting for an opportunity to be heard.

Things are happening and will keep happening. If you are still in school study well and leave the rest to God.

You need GOD
You need education_general+special knowledge
You need favor from God upon your labors_favor is not fair until it happens to you (human connections irrespective of your grade and divinely connected)

Don't struggle too hard wishing to live someone else life. There's no competition in life, the biggest room is the room for improvement.

I may not talk about this again, know what works for you.

There should be healthy competition, such that can bring out the best in you.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by kessco(m): 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
Contumely:
There should be healthy competition, such that can bring out the best in you.

Yeah, that's good and the best form of competition is the competition with oneself, to be better than who you were in the past.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Yossykit: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2014
femi4: What is this one saying? Even a third class can get a custom job.

We are referring to multinationals, non govt Org/Agencies
have u gotten one. Multinational ko, multitalented ni. So na paper dem dey pay custom officers or if u see one, u no go do. Mtseew.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by femi4: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yossykit: have u gotten one. Multinational ko, multitalented ni. So na paper dem dey pay custom officers or if u see one, u no go do. Mtseew.
i know you are desperate to do any kind of job for any amount. We are of different CLASS
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Faitty20(f): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2014
i want to apply for scholarships this year but most don't concern my course (maths/stats) pls i need someone to assist me with this am presently in 200lvl.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Olutola88(m): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Faitty20:
i want to apply for scholarships this year but most don't concern my course (maths/stats) pls i need someone to assist me with this am presently in 200lvl.
You must be kidding! When I was in school, I knew 5 students of mathematics that benefited from both MTN and Odua investment Scholarships.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Faitty20(f): 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Olutola88:
You must be kidding! When I was in school, I knew 5 students of mathematics that benefited from both MTN and Odua investment Scholarships.
nyc so can u enlighten me on it.plzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Oraeri30: 6:12am On Jan 18, 2015
To come out with 2.1 you must make good grades in your final project. Let me show you how;
eg.
Management sciences this is particularly for you
Determining the Impact of Road Transportation Service on Customer’s Satisfaction -A Study of Peace Mass Transit
The way goods and services are transported affects customers' satisfaction. Whether you are in management science or not, whether you are in search of a project topic or not, if you own a business this cant pass you by.
click..
http://uniprojectsearch.com/impact-road-tr…s-satisfaction/
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Chiemeka30: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
it gives you edge in the labour market when you come out with good grades
you cant do it alone
good grade in your final project in Bsc, Msc is a plus
example
Consumer protection is important to give the consumer edge ahead of the producer. management students, future managers,marketing, accounting, business admin this project material is for you

Assessing National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) as a Consumer Protection Agency in Nigeria
http://uniprojectsearch.com/assessing-nati…tection-agency/

www.uniprojectsearch.com keeps you empowered to excel in your project writing, thesis and article in every department and field
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Chiemeka30: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Yes you must
But wait
good news
are you writing or still looking for a topic? www.uniprojectsearch.com is your guide
example
Effects of Distribution on Consumer Demand of Palm Produce
http://uniprojectsearch.com/effects-distri…d-palm-produce/

Don't waste time visit www.uniprojectsearch.com for your project, thesis topics and materials in every field

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Ralph30: 7:46am On Feb 19, 2015
for coming this far you can now excel
Now engineering students can benefit. this project, thesis writing material is all you need

Design and Construction of a 1000w Inverter
http://www.uniprojectsearch.com/design-construction-1000w-inverter/

www.uniprojectsearch.com has project materials in all departments
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 29, 2015
pchax:

Your post was informative but permit me to ask, which Federal University did you graduate from that those who don't have a solid academic background graduate with a 2.1. In my school, those type of people would barely survive the first year.
I have a solid academic background (All distinctions in WAEC with a couple of good Maths Olympiad performances), I am quick at learning, I work hard and I managed to finish with a 3.56 (was never on a 2.1 until my last semester). I am also a product of a federal University not just any Federal University. GREAT IFE!

hello,pls wot year did u graduate am also in dis cgpa dilemma thing,have never been on a 2.1 and I don't know if I can still make a 2.1 'cos my cgpa z very low
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by farouk0403(m): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2016
ibrahimbabagana:
op talks sense. i finished with 4.02, studieds agric-economics and now working with a very prolific company.

Ibrahim can we talk I mean through your whatsapp number, I want you to tell me how you do it am also an Agricultural student
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by farouk0403(m): 8:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
Faitty20:

Bea like I know your face, which school are you please if I may ask
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by oforij(m): 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thanks for this informative piece.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2019
careema:

Subscribe to ngcareers.com. I got my job through it. But jobberman too is cool.
cool
careema:

Subscribe to ngcareers.com. I got my job through it. But jobberman too is cool.
uhh
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Majestybaba92(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2021
I just graduated with 2.1 in industrial chemistry and I can't tell the joy I'm having presently. People are fond of saying is not by grades in other to discourage serious student. For me as far as you are in school you should strive for the best and remove that mindset of it's not by result. Same thing I was told when looking for admission, that I have to know someone in uniben for me to be admitted but I was admitted because I scored high and I know nobody in the school..

2 Likes

Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by Majestybaba92(m): 10:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
I understand your point, but that's not an excuse because I'm a living testimony. I financed my self throughout my stay in the university and I also have a family a wife and two sons( had them while in school)that I take care of. My hustle was my barbershop which I established before I got admitted, and I had to rush home every weekend to attend to my customers. My fight was to graduate with 2.1 and I did despite spending extra year in school

one thing you should be thankful for is that you have someone to send you through school, someone who ministered into your needs that was why you were able to concentrate & earn a good grade, the same can't be said of someone who financed himself, who has to take some time off to hustle and come back preparing for exam I wouldn't blame that kind of person if he or she made a 2.2 ,I had a friend back in university who made a 3.10 despite leaving school for some large part of the semester, he will come back a month before exam to compile all the notes and handouts we've been given, imagine if that kind of person had a sponsor and stay back at school like others did, he would have made a good grade.
Re: Why You Must Finish With At Least A 2.1 by somto811(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2021
Op, can you send me a mail?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Zainab Aliyu Completes NYSC (Photos) / Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.