Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33863 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by sexylogan(m): 10:39am On Sep 11, 2014
The prosecution can't prove beyond reasonable doubt Pistorius killed Reeva with intention. I see him walking away Scott free.
What a waste of such a beautiful lady. cry
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 11, 2014
lakamua: why use a female judge? smh for corruption

you probably have not witnessed many serious cases I guess, female judges are the most strict!

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by mztubsy(f): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2014
I rily wish this guy cud just walk out of that court room a free guy today.for pete's sake that murder might not be pre-meditated.he might just be saying the truth.I heard someone making comparisons with the oj.simpson's trial.oj killed his wife outrightly.the marriage was already in shambles and the family was torn apart.his saving grace was that the glove didn't fit and u cud see his countenance throughout the trial.it was of non-chalance and even when he was pronounced non-guilty his facial expression was blank.america knew he did it...but u knw,there was no substantial evidence....anyone who has followed pritorious' trial with keen interest wud understand what I'm saying.....some things just happen that we might never have concrete explanations for.....I think this case is one of 'em.still wish he could be free cuz he cud neva have killed her intentionally.

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by sexylogan(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

you probably have not witnessed many serious cases I guess, female judges are the most strict!

So true.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by josite: 10:44am On Sep 11, 2014
oscar will not be convicted for murder,he will be convicted for lesser offences.the judge had already believed the medical doctor;s testimony that when he came on the scene,oscar was sincerely distraught about the event and pleaded with him for intervention and he was so moved to do his best,u can bet wit me,,,
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kliq(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2014
The accused piling up concrete lies....must be a dopefiend

Guilty
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Tonynwaduche(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2014
Too many different ideas/suggestions...Only God knows how d whole event took place. Well, the judge should jux giv the final verdict cos dis case have been prolonged enuf. Still observing cool
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Mettal: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2014
but Oscar Pistorious,you suppose to die!!!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kliq(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2014
Reflex discharge indeed

4 shots? undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by rashygenius: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2014
.....even if d verdict by d judge favours him or not,
ALL cASES on Earth will b reviewed again by d ALMIGHTY(The seer wc sees what nobody can see)
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by wildchild1: 10:49am On Sep 11, 2014
I like the way the Judge is going about the judgment, no one knows where the judgement is leading,just when you think she is on the side of the defence, she will switch to the side of the prosecution too with another very relevant fact/idea/witness
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MrKnowitall: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Pistorius will die of old age before this judge finish reading her trail transcripts. Wow!! No body gets up in the middle of the night and blindly shoots into their own restroom without checking on their significant other first. He obviously killed her out of anger.

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by rastamouse: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2014
The judge is most intelligent. I agrees with most of the things she is saying. If you really watched the trial, you will agree that the state failed woefully to prove that pistorius indeed intended to kill reeva.

But pistorius may still be found guilty of shooting with intent to kill and that also carries a minimum of 15 years

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by EmoBoy(m): 10:52am On Sep 11, 2014
Why is this on the frontpage anyway? Is this an important issue?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:53am On Sep 11, 2014
josite: oscar will not be convicted for murder,he will be convicted for lesser offences.the judge had already believed the medical doctor;s testimony that when he came on the scene,oscar was sincerely distraught about the event and pleaded with him for intervention and he was so moved to do his best,u can bet wit me,,,

he should be charged for his firearm offences & should never ever be allowed to hold a gun again in his life. if he's scared of his life, he should hire live-in bodyguards.

as for the premeditated murder, i don't think he's guilty of that. yes, he had a disgusting rage but it's normal for people like him to be on the edge. even short men that are able-bodied have short fuses.

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2014
Whatsapp messages prove nothing?

Quite appalling.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

it's part of it -
makes it seem like there's a force out there that wants pistorius punished for a crime he might not have committed.

they lied about the number of gunshots they heard & they lied about who was doing the screaming. that's a big hole in the prosecutor's evidence.

I dont remember them lying about the number of shots they heard.. Infact, one of the women said she heard 'Bang! Bang!! Bang!!! Bang!!!!' which is 4 shots.. Reeva took 3 and one was lodged in the wall behind her.

And how come both witnesses remember hearing a womans screams after the shots?!

And remember that even Pistorious himself claimed she wasnt dead immediately after the shots as he carried her downstairs and administered CPR to her.

On the crime scene being contaminated...

A close of up of Pistorius's duvet found on the floor on his bedroom run next to a large tripod fan And the blood and the duvet?

Pistorius says: He carried Reeva down the stairs and outside. A doctor neighbour arrived shortly after.

The prosecution says: There is blood spatter on the duvet on the floor in Pistorius’s bedroom, likely to have found its way there when the athlete carried Reeva’s body past. The spatter indicates the duvet was on the floor at the time, and Reeva’s jeans are on top of it.

Pistorius says: The duvet was on the bed when the incident happened. That it was placed on the floor by the police, who tampered with evidence at the crime scene.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kliq(m): 11:01am On Sep 11, 2014
"The accused was a very poor witness" - judge
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by FADEO: 11:02am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

he should be charged for his firearm offences & should never ever be allowed to hold a gun again in his life. if he's scared of his life, he should hire live-in bodyguards.

as for the premeditated murder, i don't think he's guilty of that. yes, he had a disgusting rage but it's normal for people like him to be on the edge. even short men that are able-bodied have short fuses.
You dey find trouble abi? Them go show u say them dey read this thing wey u write now. lol @ short people short fuse
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:
I dont remember them lying about the number of shots they heard.. Infact, one of the women said she heard 'Bang! Bang!! Bang!!! Bang!!!!' which is 4 shots.. Reeva took 3 and one was lodged in the wall behind her.

And how come both witnesses remember hearing a womans screams after the shots?!

And remember that even Pistorious himself claimed she wasnt dead immediately after the shots as he carried her downstairs and administered CPR to her.

they lied about the number of shots - go back to the preliminary hearing of the case last year and review the witness reports when officer botha was in court.

as for the witnesses hearing a woman screaming, isn't that the natural thing to say after already knowing the woman died from the incident.

the pathologist said there's no way reeva could have screamed because she died instantly - the report said she suffered respiratory issues that must have disturbed her speech & the ability to scream.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by ZUBY77(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2014
As usual, every Nairalander knows what is best for the case even more than the judge.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by wildchild1: 11:05am On Sep 11, 2014
rastamouse: The judge is most intelligent. I agrees with most of the things she is saying. If you really watched the trial, you will agree that the state failed woefully to prove that pistorius indeed intended to kill reeva.

But pistorius may still be found guilty of shooting with intent to kill and that also carries a minimum of 15 years

Exactly my view too,she seems to be very wise and despite the fact that the state failed to actually prove the case,she has still be balanced with her delivery so far and the delivery might go either ways but OS has bigger chance of not being convicted for murder

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by GRAND30(m): 11:06am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]The Nigga wakes up, scared that an intruder may have broken in.. He quickly wears his prostetiques and grabs a Gun.. He didnt first try to find out where his Nwababy was so he can keep her close by and protect her.. He walks to the bathroom, claims he calls her name and got no response, then he opens fire into the bathroom though he couldnt see who was inside..

Interesting facts that would play a key part in his judgement include;

•Pistorius Claims he thought Steenkamp was a burglar and they were deeply in love

•Prosecution Witness heard the shouting between 2am and 3am

•Post-mortem examination showed model's bladder was empty

•Box of .38 calibre ammunition rounds found, but he was not licence holder

•Witness who allegedly heard screaming lived 600 metres away

•No sign of an assault or a struggle on Miss Steenkamp's body

•Police found: 'Two boxes of testosterone, needles and injections'

[/b]

Insightful facts bro. So many more people especially Steen's family will be pained if this dude slips through unscathed.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by yousee(m): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2014
ZUBY77: As usual, every Nairalander knows what is best for the case even more than the judge.
Where are our lawyers when needed. All this grammar this Judge Thokozile Masipa is saying no make sense o.
Is HE QUILTY OR NOT?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2014
ZUBY77: As usual, every Nairalander knows what is best for the case even more than the judge.

The Judge is human like everyone else and would form her judgement based on the same evidence that we are all using to form ours..

Judges are not infallible you know.. Thats why some judgements are over-turned at appealate courts.

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by addempsea(m): 11:08am On Sep 11, 2014
Babyboy1986: I hope dis case no go just end ike dat...

I dey fear our black people ooO.
Guy na fallacy, na for only nigeria that kind thing dy happen.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by FADEO: 11:09am On Sep 11, 2014
judge says oscar is a bad witness.... ghen ghen. always contradicting himself under cross examination.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2014
<A HREF="http://www.pakogirl..com">Click
Here to enjoy your Thursday</A>

Click <a href="http://www.pakogirl..com"> here</
a> to enjoy your Thursday Abeg.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Havilah93(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2014
5 mins break again?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 11:10am On Sep 11, 2014
@DrLizYardley: Judge Masipa - "The state has not proved beyond reasonable doubt that the accused is guilty of premeditated murder" #PistoriusTrial

and another 5 mins break?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Dhellake: 11:11am On Sep 11, 2014
Oscar Will not be jailed for murder

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kliq(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2014
5mins break

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Basketmouth Slams PDP: We Voted A President Not A Magician / Mercy Aigbe Stuns As Cussons Baby Judge (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Tekno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.