Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33857 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nifton(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2014
My prediction is gradually coming to pass,one by one d judge has reeled out wat intentional murder implies and it appear pistorius has been acquitted of dat,now we have unintentional homicide charge to settle,al dis unfolds wen they r back from lauch break.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 11, 2014
lafuria1:

Of course, he isn't going to walk free but had he been found guilty of premeditated first degree murder, the sentence could be death or life imprisonment.

He would be guilty of manslaughter which has a lesser punishment than murder.

There is no death sentence in SA.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by rezzy: 11:47am On Sep 11, 2014
Make i rest, wake me up when its 1. Thanks
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: Not surprised, he's going to jail is all I know, rubbish.

Men with anger issues, killing women since time imo river, mschew.

Unfortunately he's the only one that knows what really happened
To think that coincidentally both are my celebrity friends makes it harder for me to take position embarassed
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by chemmerfrank(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

i am very sure if you get yourself amputated today & you shoot your girlfriend next week, your murder trial would be more publicised.

its Nigeria,nobody cares.. i had d idea before the oscar guy sef
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2014
customised13:

It wont make sense to you because you were not in his shoes. Anyways, I wont engage in a shouting match with you. The people who are far more qualified than you and I have presented their arguments and the Judge who is very experienced has found him not guilty to first and second degree murder.

I will advise you to stop this case too personal and emotional. There are lots of complexities surrounding the case and you are just making sweeping and simplistic statements.
It isn't a shouting match my dear, I'm not saying he wanted to kill her(we are not even sure of that) but you make it sound like he should walk regardless, he may not have meant to kill her, still his actions took an innocent life, he should be made to realize that, simples.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by lafuria1(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

There is no death sentence in SA.

Thanks, I just assumed there was.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Blaqsmith(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Ignorantia est jure non excusat

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by PassingShot(m): 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
I think he will get away with 10 years only.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Dreambeat: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
This whole saga is annoying,wasted the poor girl's life claiming it was unintentional.This is the kind of case where the jury system is better angry angry.I think the government should file for an appeal
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: What are you talking about? Being reckless to the point of taking someone's life should be overlooked?

Who de feck shoots at an intruder four times without knowing where his girlfriend is? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

you have not lived in southafrica then, FYI guns are legalized and equally abused by all. a taxi man can fire a shot over an argument with a passenger.
in some parts of Hilbrow, Johannesburg, you can be shot at for disturbing a sleeping resident.
not jokes.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez:

Well he may be doing well in the verdict so far but emotionally he's a wreck

What did you expect him to be doing?! Dancing Azonto in Court?!

I personally feel that Nigga knew what he was doing when he merked his girl.. The Prosecution in this case was useless.

The one reason why many perps (especially Superstar perps) go scotfree is the difference in Budget.

Find out how much the Prosecution have spent on this case and compare it to how much Pistorious is paying his lawyers.

4 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by chemmerfrank(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2014
what is hapening to this geoid shaped earth?? flood dey india..boko haram dey Nigeria and isis steady killin piple steady e.t.c...nd na dis mata dey una more important...see niqqas n chiqs brainstorming sef...nawa ohh
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

you have not lived in southafrica then, FYI guns are legalized and equally abused by all. a taxi man can fire a shot over an argument with a passenger.
in some parts of Hilbrow, Johannesburg, you can be shot at for disturbing a sleeping resident.
not jokes.
So that makes it okay?

If it's cool to shoot people at the slightest provocation in SA, why are they having a trial? Why not give him a medal?

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by snadguy007(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2014
I have a feeling Oscar pistorious will be acquited and freed

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

not jokes.

This is an exaggeration though.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kernel504(m): 11:53am On Sep 11, 2014
rezzy: Following. I am fearing fear for him oo

They need to jail him, remember that MURDER means killing with an "intention" which in Nigeria is life sentence or 21 years, while MANSLAUGHTER is killing without "intention", which bags 10th years in Nigeria.
So even if... They want to aid the young man, he should go in for Manslaughter, which is lighter.
Secondly, it will serve other whites in South Africa, who think Blacks are animals.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by vacanci: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
chemmerfrank: what is hapening to this geoid shaped earth?? flood dey india..boko haram dey Nigeria and isis steady killin piple steady e.t.c...nd na dis mata dey una more important...see niqqas n chiqs brainstorming sef...nawa ohh

wetin carry u come if no be same thing

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

what if he's acting? a mere facade is what you are celebrating? grin
Yeah I know he could be acting sir but then in actual sense he's a wreck
Let me analyze; if he intentionally killed his gf then the guilt by all means must be hunting him even as the verdict is being read(he's a human).
Again if it was an accident he'll still be a wreck knowing that his gf is no more out of a fault of his(many had I know would be running in his mind). Both ways, he has something to mule over that can trigger emotions. Like stated earlier, remember, he's HUMAN!

Cc: Madcow
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: So that makes it okay?

If it's cool to shoot people at the slightest provocation in SA, why are they having a trial? Why not give him a medal?

Exactly, imagine the courts would be busy 24/7 365 days in a year.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Ryabcool(m): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2014
MissBritney: I hope this guy doesn't get convicted.
if i hear sey na you dey your profile pic undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by vacanci: 11:55am On Sep 11, 2014
kernel504:

They need to jail him, remember that MURDER means killing with an "intention" which in Nigeria is life sentence or 21 years, while MANSLAUGHTER is killing without "intention", which bags 10th years in Nigeria.
So even if... They want to aid the young man, he should go in for Manslaughter, which is lighter.
Secondly, it will serve other whites in South Africa, who think Blacks are animals.

Na black person he kill?. cool down na

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Tonynwaduche(m): 11:56am On Sep 11, 2014
So that means u're free to shoot (in SA) whenever u think ur place hv been intruded not minding if it's ur relative or a neighbour..ok *Sips hot Lipton*
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On Sep 11, 2014
BluIvy:

Exactly, imagine the courts would be busy 24/7 365 days in a year.
I just don't get how some people think it's no big deal.

I mean, aren't you even supposed to be in danger before you defend yourself to the point of shooting four times? Na wa o.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by eluquenson(m): 11:57am On Sep 11, 2014
Pistorious not guilty shocked
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by pickabeau1: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
Why r u barking

We already knew the case was botched not only by the prosecutor, the policewho moved things around and Oscar himself

coogar:

so the pitbüll prosecutor is a barking dog without a bite after all?

somebody should bring pickabeau1 here - i want to laugh in his face. cheesy grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: So that makes it okay?

lol! grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by wonda26(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
vacanci:

simply remove the cable from your decoder (the cable coming from your dish) and insert/screw back properly. you will be good to go.
shocked e work o

Thanks meyn. Imagine! Case wey I don prepare for since morning angry

Tanchu kiss tongue

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kernel504(m): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
vacanci:

Na black person he kill?. cool down na

Pardon me!!! His girl friend, the Model, l guess is a black.
N O T E: Am not too sure,thanks.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez:
Yeah I know he could be acting sir but then in actual sense he's a wreck
Let me analyze; if he intentionally killed his gf then the guilt by all means must be hunting him even as the verdict is being read(he's a human).
Again if it was an accident he'll still be a wreck knowing that his gf is no more out of a fault of his(many had I know would be running in his mind). Both ways, he has something to mule over that can trigger emotions. Like stated earlier, remember, he's HUMAN!

Cc: Madcow
Human you say? How about serial killers? They are not human?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MadCow1: 11:59am On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

not jokes.

Doesnt answer his question..

What type of Man picks up a Gun and shoots through a closed door inside his house when he has no idea where his wife or girlfriend (the only other person in the house with him) is at...

This makes NO SENSE to me at all..

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by vacanci: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
wonda26: shocked e work o

Thanks meyn. Imagine! Case wey I don prepare for since morning angry

Tanchu kiss tongue

you are welcome bro. no mind this dstv guys with their delay tactics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

The 10 Most Influential Nigerian Musicians On The Social Media In 2015 / Actress Chika Asoegwu’s Traditional Wedding Photos / Caroline Danjuma, Anna Banner & Adaeze Yobo Attend Mfm’s ‘7 Hours Of Praise’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.