Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33860 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
chai phcn....waka...
abeg sum1 tell me what happen??
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Chinom(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
That guy is as gulity as sin. But i'm afraid he might get away with a manslaughter conviction.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Bellafinesse(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
it would favor him joor
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by lafuria1(m): 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: Yea well, whatever be the case, that dude must be put in jail for something or else, that judge should sleep with no eyes closed after her verdict.

Find him guilty of neglecting his girlfriend or something, going about the house shooting without caring who gets shot should be an offense. angry

Of course, he isn't going to walk free but had he been found guilty of premeditated first degree murder, the sentence could be life imprisonment.

He would be guilty of manslaughter which has a lesser punishment than murder.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 11, 2014
JUDGE says court should take an early lunch as pistorius weeps in court.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 11:38am On Sep 11, 2014
•oscar not guilty of premeditated murder
•oscar not guilty of second degree murder.

it remains culpable homicide.

oscar is doing well so far.

case adjourned till 2pm(1pm nigerian time)

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by macpetrus(m): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2014
Oscar Pistorius not guilty of murder. Judge will consider alternative charge of culpable homicide after lunch break.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Dreambeat: 11:39am On Sep 11, 2014
I think it was a premeditated murder.How could you be at home with your girlfriend,sleeping on the same bed for that matter and you heard a noise for which you felt came from a burglar.You did not call out to your girlfriend to know whether the noise you heard was coming from her.You went ahead to shoot.Abeg talk another story.He was not found guilty for murder not because he didnt commit the crime intentionally but just for want of enough evidence for his conviction.The prosecutors probably did not do a good job putting forth the necessary evidence to nail him.

4 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

premeditated murder has been knocked down by the judge. so what do you have to say? do you want to fly down to south africa & tell the judge what she's failing to see? cheesy
Mr you have to understand that this is a High Court case thus you only get the opinion of just one judge.If It were before a Court of Appeal or a Supreme Court,I'm sure there would be dissenting Judgements.I'm sure it's situations like this(Whether the facts of the case are the same or not) that prompt Justices in the C of A and SC to overrule High Court decisions

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Hugo7(m): 11:40am On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

And thats how the cookie crumbles..

Let this be a lesson to all those fine girls wey dey follow big men.. angry

If Reeva were my babe, she would be alive today. angry
your name says it all.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2014
JUDGE: pistorius cannot be found guilty for muder, no ruling yet on culpable homicide.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:40am On Sep 11, 2014
customised13:

So the Judge should punish him regardless of the fact that the Prosecution has not proven that he intentionally killed his girlfriend?

Miss, this is a law court not a revenge center. Decisions are made with reason and not based on emotions.
What are you talking about? Being reckless to the point of taking someone's life should be overlooked?

Who de feck shoots at an intruder four times without knowing where his girlfriend is? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by customised13: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez: This verdict seems to be in Oscar's favour so far

He's weeping cry

Court adjourned!

So far, he has been acquitted of Murder but it is likely he would be found guilty of Culpable Homicide or Manslaughter.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 11, 2014
coogar: •oscar not guilty of premeditated murder

ofcourse we saw it coming.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Emmaesty(f): 11:40am On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: are u sure of dis ur summation? D heart of man(woman) is wicked and conceited.
He has been found not guilty of pre-meditated murder....... Seems i was right
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by egbaguy: 11:41am On Sep 11, 2014
many people here are damn heartless...........people supporting oscar are deadly!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by lafuria1(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2014
anyaekekehinde:
Anger,

True, anger , but anger is very hard to prove in court of law without real time video evidence. Just like accusing a white person of killing a black person because of racism, how can it be proven that was racism the instigated the killing.

Things of the heart are difficult to prove, he could have killed her out of jealousy or suspicion of her cheating.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2014

Not surprised, he's going to jail is all I know, rubbish.

Men with anger issues, killing women since time imo river, mschew.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 11:42am On Sep 11, 2014
ChickRockz: Mr you have to understand that this is a High Court case thus you only get the opinion of just one judge.If It were before a Court of Appeal or a Supreme Court,I'm sure there would be dissenting Judgements

madam, the evidence must back the verdict. the state never had a case with premeditated murder or second degree murder from the get go. i have been arguing this since feb last year.

he might go down for culpable homicide cos the court would analyse whether a reasonable person would have acted like pistorius did on that night......that could go either way!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by wonda26(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2014
Since morning angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by vacanci: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2014
Dreambeat: I think it was a premeditated murder.How could you be at home with your girlfriend,sleeping on the same bed for that matter and you heard a noise for which you felt came from a burglar.You did not call out for your girlfriend to know whether the noise you heard was coming from her.You went ahead to shoot.Abeg talk another story.He was not found guilty for murder not because he didnt commit the crime intentionally but just for want of enough evidence for his conviction.The prosecutors probably did not do a good job putting forth the necessary evidence to nail him.

If he called out to his girl friend before firing the gun, how would one knw that when the girl is already dead. i dont think such question was necessary in the investigation. who would have attest to that.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 11, 2014

He sure would be found guilty on the emboldened
He's not going to get away free entirely

Manslaughter is the charge

Well he may be doing well in the verdict so far but emotionally he's a wreck
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by customised13: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: What are you talking about? Being reckless to the point of taking someone's life should be overlooked?

Who de feck shoots at an intruder four times without knowing where his girlfriend is? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

It wont make sense to you because you were not in his shoes. Anyways, I wont engage in a shouting match with you. The people who are far more qualified than you and I have presented their arguments and the Judge who is very experienced has found him not guilty to first and second degree murder.

I will advise you to stop this case too personal and emotional. There are lots of complexities surrounding the case and you are just making sweeping and simplistic statements.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Just20(f): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2014
This case is cute the interesting ooo
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by vacanci: 11:45am On Sep 11, 2014
wonda26: Since morning angry

simply remove the cable from your decoder (the cable coming from your dish) and insert/screw back properly. you will be good to go.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by clockwise(m): 11:45am On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmmmmmm, Oscar is as guilty as anything. But yet i smell a foul play from the judge. But the fact remains he murdered someone which is his galfriend.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Saheed9: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2014
MissBritney: I hope this guy doesn't get convicted.
why should he not be convicted if found guilty.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 11:46am On Sep 11, 2014
lafuria1:

Of course, he isn't going to walk free but had he been found guilty of premeditated first degree murder, the sentence could be death or life imprisonment.

He would be guilty of manslaughter which has a lesser punishment than murder.
Some people like coogar actually want him to walk free, I mean how can he walk free when someone's life is gone because he couldn't think before shooting?

As far as I know from the case, oscar knew who he was shooting at, he just didn't expect her to die, anger can do more than we think.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2014
londoner: I think he shot the in fit of rage, but not thinking there was an intruder. He meant to shoot at her in a fit of rage, but did not expect her to die.

He is getting off this one, I think.

My take as well. He is a trigger happy punk, that has been proven beyond reasonable doubt. I think Reeva was breaking up with him and he vowed not to let her live. He shot her and realised after the fact that he might be in hot water so had come up with a sympathy story.

I also think they guy has fantasies about such a defense many times before and that day he pulled out of his bag tricks.

Unfortunately his actionshave forever changed a simple act of going to bathroom in your boyfriends place for many women around the world.

Ladies, just make sure you wake the burgar up when you want to got to the loo, or sing as loud as you can. Chai! Going to the bathroom no go be a small thing anymore. Some people are crazy outside.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez:
He sure would be found guilty on the emboldened
He's not going to get away free entirely
Manslaughter is the charge
Well he may be doing well in the verdict so far but emotionally he's a wreck

what if he's acting? a mere facade is what you are celebrating? grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 11, 2014
Dreambeat: I think it was a premeditated murder.How could you be at home with your girlfriend,sleeping on the same bed for that matter and you heard a noise for which you felt came from a burglar.You did not call out for your girlfriend to know whether the noise you heard was coming from her.You went ahead to shoot.Abeg talk another story.He was not found guilty for murder not because he didnt commit the crime intentionally but just for want of enough evidence for his conviction.The prosecutors probably did not do a good job putting forth the necessary evidence to nail him.

relax bro... if you suspect someone has entered your house at midnite, would your first action be to shout your girl-friends name answer me? some times we get so emotional that we deliver biased judgements. let us wait for the final verdict.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Dreambeat: 11:47am On Sep 11, 2014
vacanci:

If he called out to his girl friend before firing the gun, how would one knw that when the girl is already dead. i dont think such question was necessary in the investigation. who would have attest to that.
If he did he would have mentioned it.At least let it be on record

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Photo Of Funke Akindele And Ramsey Noah / OAP Toolz Meets Transgender Laverne Cox (photo) / Most Hated Nigerian Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.