Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,525 members, 7,823,284 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? (23734 Views)

***5 Ways Guys Fall Their Hands In Romance Section (Signs Of Emotional Weakness) / What Is The Difference Between Emotional Cheating & Physical Cheating? / Emotional Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Johnnoo(m): 7:20am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie:
so u think she is cheating on her bF?? when I tell her to keep her distance she tells me that the fact that she started dating doesnt mean she stopped having close friendship with guys

Then tell her she is in for a catastrophe in her relationship, its just a matter of time. Suffice to say she is just keeping his bf 4 sexual gratifications
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by eluquenson(m): 7:21am On Sep 12, 2014
They are yet to marry, there is no cheating in this scenario, what the Lady ought to have done is let her boyfriend know about the guy with utmost sincerity & open mind
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Jessewizy(m): 7:21am On Sep 12, 2014
Can I comment?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Dcaliphate(m): 7:24am On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie:
Yeah, we have freedom to select any guy we want....Do you know the plans her boyfriend have for her??...Dont you think he ll be disappointed if he finds out they are very close and share somethings together??....Will you be happy if someone you love is doing this to you??...
if u hold on to love too tightly u will lose it. I love her but I cant force her to be with me, im not that insecure, if she prefers someone else dats her decision to make. Relationship is not a do or die affair.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Lankaline(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Dcaliphate(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2014
dking123:

But if her bf finds out and decides to leave let no one cry.
sure he can leave if he cant stand it any longer, only he should state his grievances. Until you pay the bride price for a lady, she aint yours i tell ya. #truth.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MizMyColi(f): 7:36am On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie: ...How about if this particular guy doesnt feel anything for her??maybe he just sess her like a normal close pal....what if the guy is a woman-wrapper??

LoL Hun......
Read that my post well na grin
That's why I said she should take a break already na.
If not how she can she figure out the things you mentioned.

Feelings change.
People change.

Shey you get sweets, if you don't teh me.....
Ah wee explain morewink
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Articul8(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:
You see, that's one mistake females are very prone to make.
Feeling and acting like they're married, when they're not.
We call it, "being faithful".

It becomes really irksome because, in most scenarios, these boyfriends are more like figure heads, they bring either little or nothing to the table.

Truth is, if as a single, I start developing extreme feelings of closeness to another, and in all honesty, it isn't sexual........
Then there most be something that guy is doing right, especially emotionally.

No, I'm not advocating that she dumps her man, uhn, uhn.......that'd be plain foolish, because for all we know, she just might be infatuated with this guy. Need I also point out that the male folk are better pretenders.

She needs to ask herself questions:
What is it about this guy that trips me so?
Is my boyfriend, despite his flaws, really all that I desire in a man?
Do I have needs that I haven't been as open in communicating, with my boyfriend?

That said, she has to take a break from the new guy already, yes she must take that break, to recollect herself emotionally (of course! It requires discipline).

I also know that when you commit to get married to an individual, more oft than not, someone else shows up, who makes your partner look like a big time learner......She just might be in that phase now. It's called Emotional Infidelity

I'll leave you with this quote I shared here just recently, hope it leaves you with some form of guidance smiley

"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together."
~Rob Hill Sr.

Good Morning.

you'v bin trying so hard 2 b irresponsible. Leave those ones who deem it ryt 2 try commitment. I knw ur tots even b4 reading ur comments. U av multiple standard. U always wnt 2 b ryt. I wsh u d best
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Rapsainot(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2014
tjark1: She has not told everything...

She's about to break the news of her breakup and Introduction of a new honey boy...

She just gave u a tip to see ur reaction.

Her 'Boyfriend' iS a gooner! grin
gbam
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Toks2008(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2014
G12:

abeg all wetin u type na pure assumption. Nothing bad was said about the other guy apart from, so stop making wrong hypothesis already. The guy could be more loving than her bf.

Can you be intelligently objective for once? This right up as you rightly wrote is hypothetical so leave it that way. its not condemning or liberating anyone,just an hypothesis.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by wo1F(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Toks2008: @OP,yes she is still cheating and that can lead to a break in her real affair.

My marriage got destroyed as a result of emotional cheating.

My ex got to know one guy who she said she was matchmaking wth her friend but gradually got carried away and the guy will chat wth her for long on other issues to the extent that he strted shown interest in her.

He would call her on phone for long period dat when i call her,the one wll be engaged.

I sat her down to dscuss it wth her statn emphatcally dat im not against her havn friends male or female but should maintain proper decorum and again i dont like the fact that this guy cals her by the maiden name but shld addrrss her as Mrs,afterall he knew her aftr she got marid. But just like every lady willsay "HE IS JUST A FRIEND" And guys should watch it whenever their ladies use these words.

To cut the long story short one day,i entered her shop after calin her for mnutes n her phone was engaged and wen she saw me enter,she terminated the call and that nyt for the frst time i decided to check her phone and i realised dat this guy have ben expressn desire for her but rather than put a stop she was enjoying the whole thing and even asked tbe guy to read about her zodiac while in actual sense she ought to tell the guy to read about her friend.

Why im wrting all these sermon is to pkint out the ease of gettn involved in an emotional affair expcially bythe ladies and bfore they say jack,they become attached.

I cald her to xplain the crazy chat and she jst waved it aside and i smashed the android phone and after rhat the marriage began crumbling until it finally broke up wen i dscovered even a worse one on a facebk chat of hers accidentally where a guy wrote that he called her to make him cum

This is a tragic case of emotional infidelity because all she always say is they are juat friends and i kept wondering why she always get herself nvolved with dirty minded irresponsible low lifea as friends.

If u are a lady in a commited affair please avoid getting close to any male other than ur man to avoid emotional infidelity cos that will destroy your affair big time and most times the guy u got so attached with may not be into you as you are made to believe.

Watch it

Uncle toks, I always feel for you each time you use your ex-wife's infidelity to educate us the younger folks on matters of the heart
I followed your painful separation and the eventual dimise of your then 11yrs marriage (op I got that right). One can only hope you've healed completely from such heart ache. If you haven't then you've got to try harder. You seem a decent guy enough so go out and meet people.
Lastly, quit giving her d satisfaction that you're still grieving for loosing her by using her as a case in point in your submissions here. She doesn't deserve such 'publicity', not after this whole time.
Move on bro, oluwa na your strenght

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by benkings(m): 7:41am On Sep 12, 2014
frankels: Hoes ain't loyal..
why do u expect a hoe to be loyal

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by mcsnup: 7:42am On Sep 12, 2014
really don't see a thing wrong with her relationship with the guy, security in relationship is over-rated. How do you no you own something if you can't let it go and see if it would come back to you? What's love if it can't stand the test of time? Does having a girl/boyfriend restrict my association or relationship wit the opposite sex? She is not engaged yet, she is just in a relationship and yet she is in some form of bondage! If she con marry it probably would be unhealthy for her to leave the house, not to mention having d opp sex for friend. I beg nairalanders make una free d babe joor
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Articul8(m): 7:43am On Sep 12, 2014
Lankaline: i must say am realy impressd wth d comments here,,am facing a similar scenrio and feel i need an advc from yu guys
have been in thz relatnshp for almost a yr nw and she hardly call me on fone,am a graduate while shes a jambite,,,she cn stay 2weeks n not even flash me,,i mk sure i provd everytn she needs n suports her,,but shes has changed,,but still maintains she luvs me,i really luv her n dont intend to stop but m scared she cud b gvn attentn to sumoda n!gga,wen we stated newly,she do call,,but for d past 2months or so,,she has stpd,changed but wen eva i questn her,she maintains she luv me,note:she do recharge her fones,,so pals what do u advc me to do,,,
I stpd getting scared long ago. We ever wnts to stay stays and if u wnt to go, go! Pls read in btw d lines. Am nt saying efforts shlldnt b made in making her stay bt if its nt working,bros dnt giv urslf hypertension. Stay fine!
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by charlito94(m): 7:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Well on my own opinion, I would not say she's cheating on her boyfriend now but wen a guy calls u frequently more dan he calls his close pals or parents even den he's up to sumtin.

A guy can't just keep calling like dat all in d name of paltonic friendship well there is a possibility dat if caution. Not taking d girl will see every reason to live her boyfriend and accepts him if he asks her out
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Rapsainot(m): 7:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Dcaliphate:
sure he can leave if he cant stand it any longer, only he should state his grievances. Until you pay the bride price for a lady, she aint yours i tell ya. #truth.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MORNDEW(m): 7:50am On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:
You see, that's one mistake females are very prone to make.
Feeling and acting like they're married, when they're not.
We call it, "being faithful".

It becomes really irksome because, in most scenarios, these boyfriends are more like figure heads, they bring either little or nothing to the table.

Truth is, if as a single, I start developing extreme feelings of closeness to another, and in all honesty, it isn't sexual........
Then there most be something that guy is doing right, especially emotionally.

No, I'm not advocating that she dumps her man, uhn, uhn.......that'd be plain foolish, because for all we know, she just might be infatuated with this guy. Need I also point out that the male folk are better pretenders.

She needs to ask herself questions:
What is it about this guy that trips me so?
Is my boyfriend, despite his flaws, really all that I desire in a man?
Do I have needs that I haven't been as open in communicating, with my boyfriend?

That said, she has to take a break from the new guy already, yes she must take that break, to recollect herself emotionally (of course! It requires discipline).

I also know that when you commit to get married to an individual, more oft than not, someone else shows up, who makes your partner look like a big time learner......She just might be in that phase now. It's called Emotional Infidelity

I'll leave you with this quote I shared here just recently, hope it leaves you with some form of guidance smiley

"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together."
~Rob Hill Sr.

Good Morning.

i ve noticed ur ever presence on dis forum so. Bt pls i did nt get anything from all u said above. Whts ur argument.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by rman: 7:57am On Sep 12, 2014
Dcaliphate:
is the boyfriend going to marry her? a lady is free to select any guy she deems fit until there ia a commitment so dont talk about facing an uncertain relationship 'squarely'. udo.

What you are suggesting is called ''open relationship''. Good! But do not cry foul if the guy dumps her first.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by chemmerfrank(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2014
for me...if she has found a better guy..break up with the previous one...sort of everybody wants a great job so we switch once a beta one cums arnd..just bcus she has a bf she dosent wanna call it love...how can piple even lie to deir own self?? ..ur bf is nt ur husband...dey are all variables..find ur perfect match nd put a ring on ur finger!
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by hermesprogidy(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2014
some women are unbeliveably hypocritical, or should I say delusional? Yes! Emotional cheating is cheating. It's even worse than physical cheating and for the umpteenth time, guys always want sex in the end. So keep deceiving yourself that you're not attracted to him sexually. Soon you'll be riding his dick and telling yourself you're only showing appreciation for giving you listening ears.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MizMyColi(f): 8:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Articul8: you'v bin trying so hard 2 b irresponsible. Leave those ones who deem it ryt 2 try commitment. I knw ur tots even b4 reading ur comments. U av multiple standard. U always wnt 2 b ryt. I wsh u d best

Y'know, seeing your comment, at best, what I could think of was ignore you.
By that, I mean, not dignifying your mention with a matching reply.
@TheEmboldened's all I need, to know I made the right call.
undecided
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by slap1(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Moral of the story: Guys should smarten up before another man steals their woman's heart. It's not all about being rich. A little humour and wit doesn't hurt.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Toks2008(m): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2014
wo1F:

Uncle toks, I always feel for you each time you use your ex-wife's infidelity to educate us the younger folks on matters of the heart
I followed your painful separation and the eventual dimise of your then 11yrs marriage (op I got that right). One can only hope you've healed completely from such heart ache. If you haven't then you've got to try harder. You seem a decent guy enough so go out and meet people.
Lastly, quit giving her d satisfaction that you're still grieving for loosing her by using her as a case in point in your submissions here. She doesn't deserve such 'publicity', not after this whole time.
Move on bro, oluwa na your strenght

Trust me pal, it is very natural to always make it a pointer to educate people anytime situations or topics come up that relates to what went down.

It is not that i am grieving,not at all or i am still sulking just that i belong to a school of taught that believes in high morale standard and unfortunately this present world does not give a bleep about that.

As per moving on i have emotionally and that is what counts and getting another lady as sexual partner is easy but getting the lady to be with is not as easy as many people think considering the crops of ladies we have now that mostly have no morale standard as regards commitment and morality in sexuality.

So when i make reference, its nothing more than for educating people because when you write from experience, people value it more for instance the emotional infidelity part is one that is vital to share as regards this topis.

Nb:5yrs of marriage but 11yrs of relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Hemanwel(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie:
so u think she is cheating on her bF?? when I tell her to keep her distance she tells me that the fact that she started dating doesnt mean she stopped having close friendship with guys
Judging by this comment,the girl sure doesn't love her so-called boyfriend.Or let me say: there's no love in the relationship.
And to think the first person she calls when she wakes up in the morning is another guy??
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MizMyColi(f): 8:07am On Sep 12, 2014
MORNDEW:
I've noticed ur ever presence on dis forum so. Bt pls i did nt get anything from all u said above. Whts ur argument.

I spoke in very clear terms.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Johnnoo(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2014
Dcaliphate:
is the boyfriend going to marry her? a lady is free to select any guy she deems fit until there ia a commitment so dont talk about facing an uncertain relationship 'squarely'. udo.

No comitment And she went on banging this dude Disgusting!!!
I wonder when ladies will learn undecided I
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Missonas(f): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2014
@topic I do believe and if she doesn't want complications.she shud detach.I do not blame her much cos...

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Allwility: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2014
Toks2008: You can be together and grow old together if both of you are willing to work it out.

Every relationship has a cycle… In the beginning; you fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls, want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn’t hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn’t have to DO anything. That’s why it’s called “falling” in love.

People in love sometimes say, “I was swept of my feet.” Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there, doing nothing, and then something happened TO YOU.

Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It’s a natural cycle of EVERY relationship.

Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they call at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens) and your spouse’s idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts. The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship, you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.

At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, “Am I with the right person?” And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when relationships breakdown.

People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment just to start that same circle all again and later realize the former partner was way better than the present one and then some people opt out once more to start that same circle all over with another new person and at this point the world starts looking at you as a clueless no good person who can never be happy with anyone.

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person, it’s learning to love the person you found.

Did you read that last paragraph?please get this once more;

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person, it’s learning to love the person you found.

Loving someone is not by accident,its not a feeling,its a conscious decision by the people involved to be together and weather the storms together and not looking for an easy way out. The storms of lack,incompatibility childlessness, family scuffle,infidelity,bitterness,and many more.

Until both of you are willing to make it work,only then will GOD come in to make it happen. Because two people can never work together except they agree.

You couldn't have said it any better. Hear people! Read and learn!
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by drnoel: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2014
When they warn the housefly not to play around dead things it won't listen till they bury the dead thing and the fly with it.
It friend is playing with fire. Everyone who had being thru that course relationship 101 life teaches one knows this.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by frankels(m): 8:14am On Sep 12, 2014
benkings: why do u expect a hoe to be loyal
I don't oo
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Toks2008(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2014
Arsenate: but of course the new guy will appear perfect at the beginning. they are obviously not living together with the lady so she is not aware of his flaws. trust me he is not as perfect as she thinks. most guys, anyway, don't marry the ladies (wives especially) they snatch from another man. guys aren't as dumb as ladies. he'll always have it at the back of his mind that he might the next victim. cos smart bros know hoes ain't loyal.

Thats all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patients (18+) / I Just Made My Pandoro And Ori Mixture With Little Money / My Boyfriend Squeezes & Sucks My Bo*obs Like Oranges....Please Advice Me (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.