Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? (23727 Views)

***5 Ways Guys Fall Their Hands In Romance Section (Signs Of Emotional Weakness) / What Is The Difference Between Emotional Cheating & Physical Cheating? / Emotional Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by aguleog(m): 8:17am On Sep 12, 2014
I read a small novel when I was coming up that says "You never know with women" by Chase. I think I believed him.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MORNDEW(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:

I spoke in very clear terms.
no u did nt am kind of busy wud hv shown u. Anyway keep it up i knew u were gonna quickly reply me. Do u work online?
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by rman: 8:23am On Sep 12, 2014
Articul8: you'v bin trying so hard 2 b irresponsible. Leave those ones who deem it ryt 2 try commitment. I knw ur tots even b4 reading ur comments. U av multiple standard. U always wnt 2 b ryt. I wsh u d best

Nice observation. But I think the bolded should be '' responsible ''
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Tonylyte(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie:
I'll make sure I ask her at work tmrw
Women gossiping in their place of work since 17bc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Toks2008: @OP,yes she is still cheating and that can lead to a break in her real affair.

My marriage got destroyed as a result of emotional cheating.

My ex got to know one guy who she said she was matchmaking wth her friend but gradually got carried away and the guy will chat wth her for long on other issues to the extent that he strted shown interest in her.

He would call her on phone for long period dat when i call her,the one wll be engaged.

I sat her down to dscuss it wth her statn emphatcally dat im not against her havn friends male or female but should maintain proper decorum and again i dont like the fact that this guy cals her by the maiden name but shld addrrss her as Mrs,afterall he knew her aftr she got marid. But just like every lady willsay "HE IS JUST A FRIEND" And guys should watch it whenever their ladies use these words.

To cut the long story short one day,i entered her shop after calin her for mnutes n her phone was engaged and wen she saw me enter,she terminated the call and that nyt for the frst time i decided to check her phone and i realised dat this guy have ben expressn desire for her but rather than put a stop she was enjoying the whole thing and even asked tbe guy to read about her zodiac while in actual sense she ought to tell the guy to read about her friend.

Why im wrting all these sermon is to pkint out the ease of gettn involved in an emotional affair expcially bythe ladies and bfore they say jack,they become attached.

I cald her to xplain the crazy chat and she jst waved it aside and i smashed the android phone and after rhat the marriage began crumbling until it finally broke up wen i dscovered even a worse one on a facebk chat of hers accidentally where a guy wrote that he called her to make him cum

This is a tragic case of emotional infidelity because all she always say is they are juat friends and i kept wondering why she always get herself nvolved with dirty minded irresponsible low lifea as friends.

If u are a lady in a commited affair please avoid getting close to any male other than ur man to avoid emotional infidelity cos that will destroy your affair big time and most times the guy u got so attached with may not be into you as you are made to believe.

Watch it

Dayuuum...marriage palaver sha!
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by anthoniaz(f): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2014
I feel she's already in love with that guy, though she may not admit it now.The earlier she stops whatever she does with the guy that gives her joy, the better.A time will come when she wuld start seeing everything wrong with her boyfriend and start comparing the two of them.
It's better to be with one guy as a lady, else you become confused and won't know who to choose at a point.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by okzcorp: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2014
Babymama1:

The second guy is obviously more attractive to her
What is she still doing with the boyfriend?
She is not married,so what is stopping her ,she can leave him and face the more desirable bobo
What is the use having a boyfriend when your heart belongs to someone else
Just switch over and tell the old boyfriend that you are done.such is life
No need living a lie,it will backfire when it comes out for it surely will
She is a single lady and this is the time to go with her heart

What an advice? An advice that propagates IMPATIENCE.
Let her go and she will keep going and going till she turns 40.
U tink all these married ladies haven't encountered more handsome or lovable guys? They stay in their rship for one thing, SELF-CONTROL.

You lack it for offering such advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Toks2008(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2014
Aystormz:

Dayuuum...marriage palaver sha!

A perfect marriage does not exist and there is no ideal partner but if two people are willing to be accommodating as well as tolerate each other with readiness to forgive then they can have the best union ever.

The field always seem greener on the other side but you were the one who refused to water your own field.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2014
So long as she feels that way, she is 75% into cheating; simply because if she's to be in a lonely place with that guy I seriously doubt if she would resist any attempt made by the guy,that's if she doesnt start self.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nmeri17: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2014
kunlesehan: Having a female as a best friend is like having a chicken as a pet,...you will eat it some day.
lol

cheesy cheesy
Who made this great quote bro?? Shakespeare?? Aristotle??

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Anacksunamun: 8:40am On Sep 12, 2014
frankels: Hoes ain't loyal..
Dafuq?!! How do you expect a hoe to be loyal?
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MrRhymes101(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2014
kunlesehan: Having a female as a best friend is like having a chicken as a pet,...you will eat it some day.
lol

lol nice1
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Rapsainot(m): 8:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Toks2008: You can be together and grow old together if both of you are willing to work it out.

Every relationship has a cycle… In the beginning; you fall in love with your partner. You anticipate their calls, want their touch, and like their idiosyncrasies. Falling in love wasn’t hard. In fact, it was a completely natural and spontaneous experience. You didn’t have to DO anything. That’s why it’s called “falling” in love.

People in love sometimes say, “I was swept of my feet.” Picture the expression. It implies that you were just standing there, doing nothing, and then something happened TO YOU.

Falling in love is a passive and spontaneous experience. But after a few months or years of being together, the euphoria of love fades. It’s a natural cycle of EVERY relationship.

Slowly but surely, phone calls become a bother (if they call at all), touch is not always welcome (when it happens) and your spouse’s idiosyncrasies, instead of being cute, drive you nuts. The symptoms of this stage vary with every relationship, you will notice a dramatic difference between the initial stage when you were in love and a much duller or even angry subsequent stage.

At this point, you and/or your partner might start asking, “Am I with the right person?” And as you reflect on the euphoria of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when relationships breakdown.

People blame their partners for their unhappiness and look outside for fulfillment just to start that same circle all again and later realize the former partner was way better than the present one and then some people opt out once more to start that same circle all over with another new person and at this point the world starts looking at you as a clueless no good person who can never be happy with anyone.

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person, it’s learning to love the person you found.

Did you read that last paragraph?please get this once more;

The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person, it’s learning to love the person you found.

Loving someone is not by accident,its not a feeling,its a conscious decision by the people involved to be together and weather the storms together and not looking for an easy way out. The storms of lack,incompatibility childlessness, family scuffle,infidelity,bitterness,and many more.

Until both of you are willing to make it work,only then will GOD come in to make it happen. Because two people can never work together except they agree.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MabraO: 8:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie: A friend told me about a situation she is going through and that got me thinking about this emotional cheating thing.

she has a boyfriend but shares a deep connection with another guy. their relationship is not sexual or anything but she just enjoys how interesting, witty, and understanding the guy is when they talk or chat and she tells him everything that she is going through. Its gotten so bad he's the 1st person she thinks of calling when she wakes up and her boyfriend doesn't even know about him. I tell her to keep her distance from the guy cuz she may get involved and she says its just a really great friendship and nothing more because she is not attracted sexually.

is she still cheating if she is not sleeping with the guy?

OP re u sure u not the one having an emotional cheating with that handsome guy?
Cos u seem to know more than ur friend which u mentioned

Anyway na Nigerians dey give new name ti something
Which one be emotional cheating again
Cheating is cheating
Whether financial or sexual or emotional
All na cheating.
Girls and cheating sha
God help u all
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Dcmg(m): 8:45am On Sep 12, 2014
You know,When a girl is emotionally attached to a guy,it's just the same as when a guy is physically attracted to a girl,All are potential Sexmate.
When a guy is very physically attracted to a girl,his head isn't sane for that moment,anytin could happen and that's also the case when a girl is emotionally attached to a guy,in her own case "everything" could Happen.Emotional Cheating is the worst.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by xeunskate(m): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Free e-Book on how to make extra CASH on FACEBOOK!!!!
http:///jF0gvb
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Waspy(m): 8:53am On Sep 12, 2014
Lovely thread....its been a while we had such a nice thread. Shoutout to the Op for sharing HER experience, a big shoutout to Toks2008 for the posts smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by temitopeking(m): 9:02am On Sep 12, 2014
open ur eyes and wait for the replay of the scenario,
a shoulder lean on today will surely become a dick to ride on tommorrow...
watchout for the advert............

from experince
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Lankaline(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2014
Articul8: I stpd getting scared long ago. We ever wnts to stay stays and if u wnt to go, go! Pls read in btw d lines. Am nt saying efforts shlldnt b made in making her stay bt if its nt working,bros dnt giv urslf hypertension. Stay fine!

thanks man,,,women r soo unpredictable
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Toks2008(m): 9:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Waspy: Lovely thread....its been a while we had such a nice thread. Shoutout to the Op for sharing HER experience, a big shoutout to Toks2008 for the posts smiley smiley

Pleasure is all mine.thanks for appreciating bro.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MizMyColi(f): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2014
femi4: What give you the impression that the bf is not faithful or does not bring anythin to the table.

The fact that she is getting worried about the level of closeness with the new guy shows that she still know the worth of her bf.

It becomes really irksome because, in most scenarios, these boyfriends are more like figure heads, they bring either little or nothing to the table.

I take it you're referring to the quoted statement?
Nothing gives me the impression, because she hasn't expressly said so.

I spoke in general terms.
You'd agree with me that there are scenarios where a lady takes shhiii from her man even when it's evident that she's the one doing her utmost to keep the relationship alive.
She even goes as far as saying "Oko mi" "My Husband"

She's so psycho-morphologically attached to him that everything he does is right and she has to always be in the wrong.
Yes, there are women like that out there.

Your second statement is also an angle I considered in my post.
Orrrrr it could be that she's getting fed up, but just doesn't want the stigma of being the one who actually started making things fall apart in their relationship, hence the desire to stay and let nature do its thing. (maybe)

I once met someone who had better punchlines than my guy.
I really enjoyed the convo.
When he asked me if I was dating, I said yes and he is crazy about me.

I said so, not because I wanted him off my back, but because it was how I felt.
Even if my guy didn't have all those punchlines and sweet nothings girls like hearing.
I knew he loved me.
I was determined to stay with Him, until proven otherwise.
So, I had to cut off talks with the other one, even when it seemed he was a better choice. (Things are not always the way they seem)

What I did in that post was consider different scenarios/angles and then dropped a quote which I felt would serve as a guide for her.

@Morndew.......I've done a bit of explanation here.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by kunlesehan(m): 9:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Nmeri17:

cheesy cheesy
Who made this great quote bro?? Shakespeare?? Aristotle??
I can't remember I think it's either my elder Prof Wole Soyinka or my mentor Don Juan.
lol
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by freecocoa(f): 9:13am On Sep 12, 2014
It starts with the emotions and then the sex follows.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MORNDEW(m): 9:15am On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:

I take it you're referring to the quoted statement?
Nothing gives me the impression, because she hasn't expressly said so.

I spoke in general terms.
You'd agree with me that there are scenarios where a lady takes shhiii from her man even when it's evident that she's the one doing her utmost to keep the relationship alive.
She even goes as far as saying "Oko mi" "My Husband"

She's so psycho-morphologically attached to him that everything he does is right and she has to always be in the wrong.
Yes, there are women like that out there.

Your second statement is also an angle I considered in my post.
Orrrrr it could be that she's getting fed up, but just doesn't want the stigma of being the one who actually started making things fall apart in their relationship, hence the desire to stay and let nature do its thing. (maybe)

I once met someone who had better punchlines than my guy.
I really enjoyed the convo.
When he asked me if I was dating, I said yes and he is crazy about me.

I said so, not because I wanted him off my back, but because it was how I felt.
Even if my guy didn't have all those punchlines and sweet nothings girls like hearing.
I knew he loved me.
I was determined to stay with Him, until proven otherwise.
So, I had to cut off talks with the other one, even when it seemed he was a better choice. (Things are not always the way they seem)

What I did in that post was consider different scenarios/angles and then dropped a quote which I felt would serve as a guide for her.

@Morndew.......I've done a bit of explanation here.
its alright
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Andibot(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2014
Emotional cheating is equal to cheating of any kind. Once a relationship is begun all forms of attachment or connection is supposed to b between d two people!
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by maestroferddi: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Ceasar1: I really don't know if this is cheating or not.

But one thing I do know for sure is she's emotionally hooking up with the wrong guy and she needs to stop.
Wrong guy?

You are on your own o. Somebody is developing a very strong attachment and you are calling him a wrong guy.

Maybe you will get a telegraph on the day the lady will be taken...
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Herrmes: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2014
This is bullsh¡t, are you really telling us that this girl is confused? She knows her stand, why is she still with her boyfriend? You don't think about calling another guy first thing in the morning and call "sharing a deep connection" it's just as if she's waiting for nature to unfold itself and not be the one to blame for the step out, It doesn't matter if she's worried or not, it's happening, that's what matters
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by fairygeh(f): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2014
I do believe. trust me,i made this mistake once.it even got to a point,i lost interest in my bf then,........while i kept on deceiving myself it was just friendship with the new guy.we were even calling each other besties,i grew so attached to him and same for him. When it got to a stage that anytime my phone rang, I would be so excited and think it's him but if it was my bf's,would feel kind of indifferent,that was the point I talked to myself and knew I was falling in love.....fortunately for me, the guy was in another state if not,something else might have happened.with time i cautioned myself and kept away from him.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2014
maestroferddi: Wrong guy?

You are on your own o. Somebody is developing a very strong attachment and you are calling him a wrong guy.

Maybe you will get a telegraph on the day the lady will be taken...

You seem to mis-understand me.

See, her boyfriend should be the one getting the emotional attachment not the “other dude” and that's why I called the “other dude” the wrong guy.

You grab? ╯_╰
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Ishilove: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2014
If she has a deeper connection with another man, can tell him things she can't tell others, and is even the first person she calls in the morning, then it means she is with the wrong person. At an unconscious level, she is in love with her 'friend'.
Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2014
Emotional cheating is way way worse than physical intercourse..

The day you lose your partner 'emotionally' to another person, then you might as well be married to a blow up doll or a D!ldo.. cool

Marriage/relationships are mostly about emotions.

#Fact..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patients (18+) / See The Way Nigerian Girls Are Exposing Their Breast In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.