Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? (23707 Views)

***5 Ways Guys Fall Their Hands In Romance Section (Signs Of Emotional Weakness) / What Is The Difference Between Emotional Cheating & Physical Cheating? / Emotional Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
A friend told me about a situation she is going through and that got me thinking about this emotional cheating thing.

she has a boyfriend but shares a deep connection with another guy. their relationship is not sexual or anything but she just enjoys how interesting, witty, and understanding the guy is when they talk or chat and she tells him everything that she is going through. Its gotten so bad he's the 1st person she thinks of calling when she wakes up and her boyfriend doesn't even know about him. I tell her to keep her distance from the guy cuz she may get involved and she says its just a really great friendship and nothing more because she is not attracted sexually.

is she still cheating if she is not sleeping with the guy?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
...Yeah, she is...

Its called cheating....cheating has no other name....

Theres every possibility she' ll fall inlove with this nigga....And if this nigga ask her out, she ll start having second thought towards her relationship....

The best thing to do is to cut any connection with the guy and face her relationship squarely.....

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Zillight: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
one question.....

can she allow her guy to have a female friend as close as that? if the answer is Yes. then I'll say there is no love in the relationship.

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
I really don't know if this is cheating or not.

But one thing I do know for sure is she's emotionally hooking up with the wrong guy and she needs to stop.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Lumyboi(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Zillight: one question.....

can she allow her guy to have a female friend as close as that? if the answer is yes. there I'll say there was no love in the relationship.

Exactly...ur friend is simply a cheat. Al tru ones life u always c pple who r handsome or pretty, if u cnt stick to ur partner den no oda word for u dan 'u b bread'

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Zillight: one question.....

can she allow her guy to have a female friend as close as that? if the answer is yes. there I'll say there was no love in the relationship.
I'll make sure I ask her at work tmrw

7 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arcasie: A friend told me about a situation she is going through and that got me thinking about this emotional cheating thing.

she has a boyfriend but shares a deep connection with another guy. their relationship is not sexual or anything but she just enjoys how interesting, witty, and understanding the guy is when they talk or chat and she tells him everything that she is going through. Its gotten so bad he's the 1st person she thinks of calling when she wakes up and her boyfriend doesn't even know about him. I tell her to keep her distance from the guy cuz she may get involved and she says its just a really great friendship and nothing more because she is not attracted sexually.

i think its much more than physical cheating. sex may not mean anything but when u r sharing your soul with smbd thats the worst

25 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by dmcdad: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arcasie: A friend told me about a situation she is going through and that got me thinking about this emotional cheating thing.

Wait oooooo! Since when did cheating mean just sleeping with a guy? Does it mean it's only when you guys have sèx that it should be tagged cheating? Enlighten me please...

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
dmcdad:
Wait oooooo! Since when did cheating mean just sleeping with a guy? Does it mean it's only when you guys have sèx that it should be tagged cheating? Enlighten me please...
so u think she is cheating on her bF?? when I tell her to keep her distance she tells me that the fact that she started dating doesnt mean she stopped having close friendship with guys

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by donsteady(m): 12:37am On Sep 12, 2014
She should limit that nonsense. once she start having problems with her boyfriend, the next guy will be getting all the attentions. as the saying goes, the shoulder to cry on would be D*ck to ride on

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by 1one: 12:49am On Sep 12, 2014
Emotional infidelity/cheating is ten times stronger than the "ordinary" physical sexual type... "Typically" a woman needs to get emotionally connected to a guy first before she gets laid... getting laid is just an all too obvious and predictable end that sums up emotional cheating.

The male friend too is at fault.. There's no reason why a guy should be overly close to a girl that has a boyfriend. The boyfriend should double as her best friend and the one with whom she enjoys the greatest friendship with;to which other friendships would pale significantly in comparison to, so there really is no basis for her being closer to the male friend than the boyfriend

In a nut shell, your friend is cheating already whether she likes to believe it or not.. Thinking of calling the friend first thing when she wakes up?.. . I think she already has an Ex-boyfriend and a new boyfriend, they(Both dudes) don't just know the titles they are occupying yet even though they are functioning in the offices of those titles.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by dmcdad: 1:10am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie:
so u think she is cheating on her bF?? when I tell her to keep her distance she tells me that the fact that she started dating doesnt mean she stopped having close friendship with guys
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by justi4jesu(f): 5:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Not yet grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by LMAyedun(m): 5:02am On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie: ...Yeah, she is...

Theres every possibility she' ll fall inlove with this nigga....And if this nigga ask her out, she ll start having second thought towards her relationship....

The best thing to do is to cut any connection with the guy and face her relationship squarely.....
Gbam!!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by kunlesehan(m): 5:03am On Sep 12, 2014
Having a female as a best friend is like having a chicken as a pet,...you will eat it some day.
lol

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 5:04am On Sep 12, 2014

is it cheating if i burst a knot in your mouth?

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by YoursGEJ(m): 5:06am On Sep 12, 2014
which one be emotional cheating again? small time una go come with emotional phocking

5 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by free2ryhme: 5:07am On Sep 12, 2014
women sha!

you just want to live in denial.

keep telling yourself lies when the truth is obvious

reverse the role and ask your friend to put herself in her boyfriend's shoes .

how will she feel ?

9 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by frankels(m): 5:08am On Sep 12, 2014
Hoes ain't loyal..

8 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Dcaliphate(m): 5:09am On Sep 12, 2014
temigracie: ...Yeah, she is...

is the boyfriend going to marry her? a lady is free to select any guy she deems fit until there ia a commitment so dont talk about facing an uncertain relationship 'squarely'. udo.

13 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by cole265(m): 5:09am On Sep 12, 2014
If truly she does not want to be guilty of cheating, what she needs to do is simple. Break up with her boyfriend and hook up with her true love (the guy) before it is too late. Say the truth. You are the one...better take to my advice or you live to regret it for life! a word they say is enough for the wise.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by IceMan85(m): 5:13am On Sep 12, 2014
Matters of the heart.
That you have sex doesn't mean you love each other.
Love is a matter of the heart. Once your heart is connected, that means you are into each other.
She now love the new guy, while the other is her bed mate. That's cheating!!

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Otunbab: 5:14am On Sep 12, 2014
She's loving him and she knows it. The risky thing is, if she leaves her man for the guy, the guy is never going to trust her cause he knows how he caught her and then every time she's on the phone, he's going to get somehow upset cause he will be thinking she has another friend that was just like him when they were friends

39 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by MizMyColi(f): 5:15am On Sep 12, 2014

You see, that's one mistake females are very prone to make.
Feeling and acting like they're married, when they're not.
We call it, "being faithful".

It becomes really irksome because, in most scenarios, these boyfriends are more like figure heads, they bring either little or nothing to the table.

Truth is, if as a single, I start developing extreme feelings of closeness to another, and in all honesty, it isn't sexual........
Then there must be something that guy is doing right, especially emotionally.

No, I'm not advocating that she dumps her man, uhn, uhn.......that'd be plain foolish, because for all we know, she just might be infatuated with this guy. Need I also point out that the male folk are better pretenders.

She needs to ask herself questions:
What is it about this guy that trips me so?
Is my boyfriend, despite his flaws, really all that I desire in a man?
Do I have needs that I haven't been as open in communicating, with my boyfriend?

That said, she has to take a break from the new guy already, yes she must take that break, to recollect herself emotionally (of course! It requires discipline).

I also know that when you commit to get married to an individual, more oft than not, someone else shows up, who makes your partner look like a big time learner......She just might be in that phase now. It's called Emotional Infidelity

I'll leave you with this quote I shared here just recently, hope it leaves you with some form of guidance smiley

"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together."
~Rob Hill Sr.

Good Morning.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by drkay(m): 5:16am On Sep 12, 2014
Yes, emotional cheating is imminent to real cheating. This guy only need to find out how u feel abt him, he'll definitely assist u to cheat on your man and blv me, u wudnt have him either, should he get you cheap.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by obayaya(m): 5:19am On Sep 12, 2014
That brings me to this question. .

What is the upper limit of a guy/lady's relationship with a lady/guy other than his spouse?

The limit that if crossed will be considered cheating?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 12, 2014
She has not told everything...

She's about to break the news of her breakup and Introduction of a new honey boy...

She just gave u a tip to see ur reaction.

Her 'Boyfriend' iS a gooner! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by adrainuche(m): 5:22am On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmmm ma small small he dey start from emotional to mental from mental to physical from physical to spiritual aftermath where there is Va*ina theres always a substitute whose just waiting for the nigga to slip then he slides in..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In The Concept Of Emotional Cheating? by Karanka: 5:23am On Sep 12, 2014
It's no cheating as long as she keeps it that way - no intimacy and all.
We all do have people we feel connected to at different levels and for different reasons in our relationships.
Let her keep it strictly at friendship level,if she truly loves her Guy.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patients (18+) / My Boyfriend Says He Needs Space.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.