Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,789 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35056 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Skillz02(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2014
He want his own share
on that national cake,,,
well, best of luck bro
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by anonimi: 11:01am On Sep 13, 2014
aljharem:

Lol you are drunk. Desmond is not going anywhere.

And why not
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
ok
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Femmyfamous4u: I I don't see any Igbo winning any national election that cuts across tribes because of their views to other tribes. .

And has Yoruba tribalism ever gotten them any president of their choice?
Awolowo, Abiola, olu falae?
Are yorubas even catching up with igbos not to talk of being equal to them in Nigeria?
Mtchew.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by 1ReBoRn: 12:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
ChristyG: coming from ibo animals,d chief tribalists in nigeria,abeg shut Ur mumu mouth,if u pple are not fighting yoruba,it Is either ss or d North.did anambra animals not accuse ngige of joining yoruba party despite he of him being better dan d others.fuckin hypocrites

God bless you. Dont mind that online thousandnaire cool

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by 1ReBoRn: 12:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
Evergreen123:

Are yorubas even catching up with igbos not to talk of being equal to them in Nigeria?
Mtchew.

Ngozi Ever dumb, How market?

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
Evergreen123:

Mtchew.

Catching up as how? Can a clipper ever become Oga over barber?

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by aljharem(m): 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
anonimi:

And why not

Because he does not understand the people he wants to represent.

When last has he been to Lagos island

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nicepoker(m): 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.
people lyk this particular poster never progress in life. Is ur last name HATE?

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by elohorayodele: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful

They sure have maggots in their brains, wonder how one of these mad tribalists got over 100 likes self, just goes to show why Nigeria has not/cannot progress.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by elohorayodele: 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.

because he married non-yoruba
because his mum is not yoruba
because he's doesn't act yoruba films

Guy hatred and tribalism has taken over your soul and that of the 105 zombies who liked your spiteful senseless comment.
Nigeria is not moving forward because pple like you are allowed to live and disseminate your hateful seed.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nicepoker(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
I decline to comment. Cos my land lord is a yoruba. Who knows he might ave an account on naira land.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2014
Nicepoker: people lyk this particular poster never progress in life. Is ur last name HATE?

Is your last name Stup1d?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by anonimi: 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
aljharem:

Because he does not understand the people he wants to represent.

When last has he been to Lagos island

I see.....good, valid point but are there currently not many politicians who REPRESENT us at different levels who do NOT understand the people they represent
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by spikerose: 3:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
We are all here deciving our selves
If him don settle all those baba them
lets see how his name will matter
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by anonimi: 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
chester47: before competing I hope he has up to 500million naira to start with..politics is not a child's play .or peharps he cant do that..its not about posters but will you be able to pay the money to compete? I know of a man in my stree when i was still in Nigeria,Enugu state actually,He competed for the house of assembly Enugu even had posters but still his name was not in the list.. He couldn't afford 20million to pay sort and give the pdp even the pdp chairman deserves at least 30million naira.even the national chairman for elections or what ever they call it..lol..you think they have this type of money to compete.. well no big deal..people like governors who deal in billions will campaign for senate and 9ice think he is a match for them?with how much at hand..lol.

And this post is from someone who is now living in Europe or America where the people contribute and raise money for their candidates to succeed
Does anyone know how a person can leave Nigeria daft and go abroad to still become clueless shocked
Rather than reflect on how the oyinbo system works and ours does not so as to encourage us to adopt the elements that make their society BETTER you are reiterating the errors here angry So of what value to your own society is your stay abroad Perhaps you are simply content at being a second class citizen there while sending small change home to impress & oppress your relations and friends sey you dey for diaspora not knowing that you are actually a socio-economic EXILE who is on voluntary slavery angry shocked

We Nigerians are bloody HYPOCRITES. We expect a politician to spend huge sums of money to win elections without contributing anything yet we complain of corruption and doing nothing when he gets into office. Are we THIEVES who seek to reap where we have not sown?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by halix239(f): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
sirjohnson: Most people dont actually know that this guy is Yoruba, same as Ramsey Nouah. Read this little facts about the life of Desmond Elliot and you will agree with me that He is qualified to run. Read it Here
or qualified to extract money
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by aljharem(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
anonimi:
I see.....good, valid point but are there currently not many politicians who REPRESENT us at different levels who do NOT understand the people they represent

Like which person?

In Lagos oh grin
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by lagdmark(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
Him for contest for Governor na, or Senate .
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by slament: 3:00am On Sep 14, 2014
With the rate of Instragram Madness and the world of selfies..
This Crazy Guy Runs Into Outback Tornado to Just Take Selfie.
This Happened in Australia.....
What are your Thoughts

Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFkQ-rhfrHg

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by whitecat1: 6:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Ibos think Yoruba are stupi.d, ibos are trying desperately to pull a fast one over on Yoruba. Desmont can't run for a political office in iboland because he's mixed but, want to run in Lagos

No problem! He should try his luck in the east first, and then maybe in another 20 yrs he can try Lagos, Nigeria is not ripe for this. Any tribe that insist on not taking tribe or where one is from into account must lead by examples and be the first to pick their politicians from amother region.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by olaife80: 9:58am On Sep 14, 2014
elohorayodele:

because he married non-yoruba
because his mum is not yoruba
because he's doesn't act yoruba films

Guy hatred and tribalism has taken over your soul and that of the 105 zombies who liked your spiteful senseless comment.
Nigeria is not moving forward because pple like you are allowed to live and disseminate your hateful seed.

And Nigeria will never move forward until it is disintegrated! Deal with that..bitch folks.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by continentalceo(m): 11:50am On Sep 14, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful

Gbam! God bless your sense of reasoning! Amen

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by masseratti: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
Let me help most of you here on this thread,all Desmond Elliott needs is the endorsement of Jagagban,to win,his father late Chief Elliott was APC leader in Aguda Surulere,his father friends will surely mobilise for him if he decides to uses that constituency,even the population of non-yorubas in that area will surely be an advantage for him,his father's house is in Idowu Randle,Aguda Surulere.

So you guys should just take a chill pill most likely the guy is going to the house based on his Father's role in APC at that level.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Enahi(f): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
ChristyG: you are a phuckin liar,what da tell Is mis western yoruba?see famzing..omotola Is from ondo while olu Is from ogun
I doubt if Omotola is full blooded Yoruba, Ondo State is very close to Edo State am sure there is a mixture somewhere. Maybe from her Great Grand parents. The truth is bitter, you can insult me for all I care Omotola's beauty is not that of the typical Yoruba woman. The only two Yoruba States where u find beautiful women are Ondo and Ekiti States and these States has some sorts of mixtures with other tribes.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by docsholz(m): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Enahi: I doubt if Omotola is full blooded Yoruba, Ondo State is very close to Edo State am sure there is a mixture somewhere. Maybe from her Great Grand parents. The truth is bitter, you can insult me for all I care Omotola's beauty is not that of the typical Yoruba woman. The only two Yoruba States where u find beautiful women are Ondo and Ekiti States and these States has some sorts of mixtures with other tribes.
epistle according to st.enahi, Nl never ceases to amaze me grin

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Enahi(f): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
docsholz: epistle according to st.enahi, Nl never ceases to amaze me grin
No dear its not an epistle,its a fact. Am waiting for ChristyG to come and insult me or convince me.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by docsholz(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2014
Enahi: No dear its not an epistle,its a fact. Am waiting for ChristyG to come and insult me or convince me.
it's not a fact if you can't prove it, I'm pretty sure u can't literally bet ur life on it that she is mixed

I've nothing against bigots just back ur comments with some facts so u don't sound ridiculous.PEACE

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Enahi(f): 5:30pm On Sep 14, 2014
docsholz: it's not a fact if you can't prove it, I'm pretty sure u can't literally bet ur life on it that she is mixed

I've nothing against bigots just back ur comments with some facts so u don't sound ridiculous.PEACE

Hey am no bigot ok. Am not interested where Omosexy comes from was just pissed off by ChristyG's comment She was like the person She quoted is famzing. Go and read the history of Ondo State. Its not a big deal where Omosexy comes from,but some people should stop making a big deal out of it. How many Yoruba actresses are as beautiful as Omotola ,even the pretty ones aside Omotola aren't Yorubas. So what does ChristyG mean by famzing? Rubbish.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 15, 2014
you are funny guy
ibedun: Flatee wan form Yoruba.......

No go pass primaries laye laye......
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by IamChuks(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2014
Asoozy:

His mother is Yoruba from Ondo state while his father is an Israeli.
wow ... grin
Asoozy:

His mother is Yoruba from Ondo state while his father is an Israeli.
wow ...
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sugaarbear(m): 7:03pm On Sep 24, 2014
uzolexis:
I no be guy o abeg. I'd prefer red wine smiley

Keep doing you. all your comments are about whether he is igbo or yoruba,nothing about whether he is actually good and the what he can bring to the table. Shame on you,pple like you are the ones pulling us back to the stone age in this 21st century and you'll be the 1st ones to open your mouth and condemn Nigeria when you have not made any +ve contribution and you won allow others make +ve contribution to it's growth too. Anybody that was born and grew up in a state can contest for a post in that state whether his parents are from there or not. Thankfully u have just 1 vote like everybody else so all dis noise u r making is just pointless.
nice pic swerry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Saraki Named A Road After Jay-Z In Illorin (Throwback Photos) / Senator Dino Melaye's Camouflage Outfit Got People Talking / NAF Fighter Jets Eliminate 120 Zamfara Bandits In Airstrikes At Sububu Forest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.