Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35085 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Caseless2: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2014
whatlyf: You don't swallow the Propaganda on NL just like that.
hahahahaha. I wont do dat again.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2014
Caseless2: hahahahaha. I wont do dat again.
What I usually ask them is "What Has he done". They will most likely give a generic statement like "He tried" "He is trying" "It is not easy" and bla bla bla
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by folu4real(f): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2014
na wa oo there must be something behind this oo Kenny Saint brown, Kate Hashew, 9ice now Desmond Elliot. National cake thing. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by akpanikpe(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2014
Is that a poster of his new movie?

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2014
hybridtm: The way dis guy go take loose him self no go believe..he dey reason say na film b dis
Elliot Nigerian politicians worst pass dog oh
He has failed already.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2014
thwarrior72: Desmond Elliot mother is not igbo but southsouth, crossriver state in particular
His mother is from Anambra state and not from cross river.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Sixix: 11:48am On Sep 12, 2014
handysuzy:

The fact you have never heard him converse in Yoruba language doesnt make him any less a Yoruba man, and as for his movie roles, any actor can chose where they deem best for them to fit in. Ramsey Nouah is also Yoruba from Ondo state and you barely see him in Yoruba movies or speak the language. Kelvin Ikeduba is purely an Igbo guy, delta-igbo I guess, yet he acts in only Yoruba movies and I have never heard him speak his native language. Mercy Aigbe is Edo yet she acts in Yoruba movies only and speak the language fluently. Desmond we all know speak only English. I have never heard him speak Yoruba nor Igbo

Desmond Elliot have acted in several Yoruba movies.

Why should his ethnic group affect his eligibility? Is he not a Nigerian? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

Let's agree to disagree. To me, he is ibo. Moreso, if he is capitalising on his nollywood fame, he had better be relying on the 90% ibo votes as Yoruba movie fans will vote 9ice an Ogbomosho man before voting a supposed Yoruba man who acts more ibo.

How many times have you heard the man speak Yoruba or even acted In Yoruba movies?

He is just a charlatan. Take advantage of his half Yorubaness because Yorunaland is progressing while on the other hand he had milked his Igbo side to his Yoruba detriment.
Olu Jacobs is a yoruba man and acts Igbo films. I have never heard him speak yoruba not to talk of acting yoruba films. So do you classify him alongside Desmond Elliot who is half yoruba and half Igbo?

15 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by 100Cents: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2014
redsquare: Seems Nollywood ain't lucrative any longer, why are all
these guys going into politics. From Julius Agwu contesting
governorship position in Rivers state to 9ice running for
house member representing Ogbomosho and now Desmond
Elliott. Won't be surprised if I see Osuofia or Baba Suwe
contesting against GEJ in 2015. cheesy

Actors collect counted money unlike their counterparts in the music industry.

I don't blame them. When you keep doing one thing for so long and collecting a certain amount of money, one is bound to lose interest.

Only big actors with endorsement deals can raise shoulders with music acts.. Even N20 m endorsement deal can be wiped off by buying one Mercedes jeep or Landcruiser jeep 2014 model. Make we no mention Bentley..

Can't you see how hard Tonto Dike has tried to break into the Nigerian music industry but her voice won't allow her ?

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Alexsmith20(m): 11:50am On Sep 12, 2014
This is part of GEJ fresh air campaign for fresh minds to be in power...I think thats a good move by the young man,just hope he is positively aspired, and not having any exterior motives by moving into power,because thats what nigeria is recovering from..well i would like to vote for him if given oppurtunity.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ceejayluv(m): 11:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.
You made no point there, dude.

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2014
Olabode George. Notice that the English name did not outweigh the Yoruba name? But when as a supposed Yoruba man you choose double barrelled English name such as Olusola Desmond Elliot, you don finish yourself be that. Yoruba go just look you just call you ibo.

The ones with English lastnames but with full blooded Yoruba parentage still dey struggle get recognition how e go come be for one with half Yoruba blood with double English name.

F9 gedegbe!

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Collynzo17: 11:51am On Sep 12, 2014
folu4real: na wa oo there must be something behind this oo Kenny Saint brown, Kate Hashew, 9ice now Desmond Elliot. National cake thing. May God help us.
Julius Agwu, Bob manuel Odogwu too

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2014
ceejayluv:
You made no point there, dude.

So I was told.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Sixix: 11:52am On Sep 12, 2014
berem: Olu Jacobs is a yoruba man and acts Igbo films. I have never heard him speak yoruba not to talk of acting yoruba films. So do you classify him alongside Desmond Elliot who is half yoruba and half Igbo?

Olu Jacobs have also acted in several Yoruba movies

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by thwarrior72: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2014
berem: His mother is from Anambra state and not from cross river.
Thanks, but he speaks calaba/akwa ibom fluently
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2014
100Cents:

Actors collect counted money unlike their counterparts in the music industry.

I don't blame them. When you keep doing one thing for so long and collecting a certain amount of money, one is bound to lose interest.

Only big actors with endorsement deals can raise shoulders with music acts.. Even N20 m endorsement deal can be wiped off by buying one Mercedes jeep or Landcruiser jeep 2014 model. Make we no mention Bentley..

Can't you see how hard Tonto Dike has tried to break into the Nigerian music industry but her voice won't allow her ?

That part was funny. cheesy
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by jmoore(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2014
YoursGEJ: All of you that are speculating on his tribe as the most important thing should close your worm-infested mouths and shove your comments up a place where sunlight does not get to. Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing. Alright regarding previous occupants of that seat, I can bet that most of you cannot name a single thing that they contributed to the community or a bill they have sponsored in the house. But you'd rather let them continue unchallenged in their position. Why? Because both of their parents are Lagosians. Imagine that your car broke down and what is most important to you is whether the mechanic that is trying to fix it is from your village even though all the previous mechanics who have tried but failed to fix it were all from your village. This politics of tribalism has led Nigeria nowhere especially under this current democratic dispensation. When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

You should all bow your heads in shame and look to change your ways because you are enemies of progress to this country

And by the way, if the constitution says he is eligible to contest for that seat, as can be ascertained by INEC, there is nothing you can do to stop him. So look for the nearest transformer and do this country a favour by doing the needful

Correct!! The tribalistic touts won't listen.

11 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 11:57am On Sep 12, 2014
berem: Olu Jacobs is a yoruba man and acts Igbo films. I have never heard him speak yoruba not to talk of acting yoruba films. So do you classify him alongside Desmond Elliot who is half yoruba and half Igbo?

Ok, but his first name has been Olu from time immemorial and that gives him immediate recognisable Yoruba identity. Moreso his wife Joke Silva has acted in Yoruba movies countless times.

I don't think I would be having this conversation if Desmond had always been regarded as Sola Elliot.

Even that Elliot sef get as I'm be.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
thwarrior72: Thanks, but he speaks calaba/akwa ibom fluently
yes he can. His mother is also half akwa ibom and half igbo. He's just a mixture of different ethnic groups. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sixix:

Olu Jacobs have also acted in several Yoruba movies
well,I am yet to see any of the movies. undecided
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Pavore9: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
l laughed when l read it was a Linda Ikeji exclusive! Desmond Elliot was on Citizen TV here in Nairobi Kenya last friday and spoke about his political ambition, his desire to run for the state house of assembly, so what is exclusive about it?

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by sauceEEP(m): 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
9ice is campaining under the platform of APC, desmond elliot under APC too. Very soon kate henshew and julius agwu will folliw suit. Politics is not for the faint-hearted.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by franktolk(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
I believe Desmond Elloit can choose to act a role in English or any other Language . But just for the benefit of those who dont know , Desmond ELLIOT HAS ACTED IN DIFFERENT YORUBA MOVIES both now and in the past .

one is this ,

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tRUw23w-Dg[/flash]

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.

He is as much Yoruba as he is Igbo. I doubt he dropped his Yoruba name to get into Nollywood, the Yoruba and no-Igbos in Nollywood are well known, accepted and celebrated. Dont forget, this is an industry that is open to Ghanaians too.

Instead, I think he picked up his Yoruba name to be able to get into Lagos politics, because unless people see him as Yoruba he is going nowhere, unlike Nollywood, which is more inclusive.

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by londoner: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: yes he can. His mother is also half akwa ibom and half igbo. He's just a mixture of different ethnic groups. grin grin

The future of Nigeria, depends on the intermarrying and mixed tribe children of the future. They will embody the Nigerian identity easier than others.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ah ah what's it with all these entertainment people going into politics.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ibangs(m): 12:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
redsquare: Seems Nollywood ain't lucrative any longer, why are all
these guys going into politics. From Julius Agwu contesting
governorship position in Rivers state to 9ice running for
house member representing Ogbomosho and now Desmond
Elliott. Won't be surprised if I see Osuofia or Baba Suwe
contesting against GEJ in 2015. cheesy
To Kate Henshaw for Senate in Cross River. Still counting am sure.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by tconfi: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
DESMOND ELLIOT IS A RIGHT MAN. I TOTALLY SUPPORT HIM PLS LET US SUPPORT HIM AND TAKE HIM ALONG

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Sixix: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: well,I am yet to see any of the movies. undecided

Google is your friend cheesy

let me help you-Sunmisola Otelemuye, Abe Sekele etc etc etc cool
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Orunto: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
The boy is good. Vote for him.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Asoozy: 12:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
londoner:

He is as much Yoruba as he is Igbo. I doubt he dropped his Yoruba name to get into Nollywood, the Yoruba and no-Igbos in Nollywood are well known, accepted and celebrated. Dont forget, this is an industry that is open to Ghanaians too.

Instead, I think he picked up his Yoruba name to be able to get into Lagos politics, because unless people see him as Yoruba he is going nowhere, unlike Nollywood, which is more inclusive.

If you say so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dogonyaro’s Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985 / BREAKING: Female Suicide Bomber Arrested In Kano While Trying to Bomb A School / Mohammed Adamu Hands Over To Acting IGP, Alkali Baba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.