Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,661 members, 7,955,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:53 AM

Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly (35307 Views)

Desmond Elliot & Lagos House Of Assembly Members At US Conference (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly / The Car That Took Desmond Elliot To His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Abbey2sam(m): 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
CoolHunk: I thought he was from the East. Oh well, may the best man win.

You thought wrong my guy
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Anaskie(m): 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
thwarrior72: Yoruba and tribalism is clearly inseparable undecided
WORD! Its pointless trying to argue with them. Even the educated ones are not better off.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
ntyce: Desmond obviously didn't play the cards well. He ought to have stuck with the more popular name.
Exactly,that dude should have used his popular name instead of adding olusola. He shot himself in the foot by adding olusola.

Adding Olusola makes him look like a tricky trickster. lol.

I even doubt if he knows where his family house is in Lagos.

5 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by popson1st: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
The next is Mr Ibu..

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by lubemotors: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
If politics is for celebrities, George Weah should be the president of Liberia now. My opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by IceMan85(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
Asoozy:

I know that he claims that his father is Yoruba but Elliot is not a very well known name in Lagos. One thing is certain and that is he is not Awori so probably from a family of slave returnee or creole. He has shot himself in the foot by embracing his Igbo side when it suited him in neglect of his Yoruba origin so he should not be allowed to take all by some claim of half lagosianism.

He is more ibo than Yoruba, end of!

You must be a fool.....!!!!!
Is it a crime to be half Igbo?
I thought the major objective is what he can impart to the society?
Tribalism will kill you soon if you don't change.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
Going by the posts, Yorubas are the most tribalistic homo sapiens. They do not even care about manifesto, as far as you are Yoruba. This is a big shame.

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
berem: Oh really? Yes I know some parts of Edo state that bear yoruba names. You might be right anyway
pls,he Is not right in anyway,omotola Is from ondo,it Is her hubby dat Is edo infact she was given z chieftancy tittle last year,olu Jacobs Is from abeokuta
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 10:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
Billyonaire: Going by the posts, Yorubas are the most tribalistic homo sapiens. They do not even care about manifesto, as far as you are Yoruba. This is a big shame.
coming from ibo animals,d chief tribalists in nigeria,abeg shut Ur mumu mouth,if u pple are not fighting yoruba,it Is either ss or d North.did anambra animals not accuse ngige of joining yoruba party despite he of him being better dan d others.fuckin hypocrites

9 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
Anaskie: WORD! Its pointless trying to argue with them. Even the educated ones are not better off.
ibo hyocrites,go and tell that to anambra pple and ngige.

8 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by fireforfire: 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Olusola Desmond Elliot dreaming since 1842....

e be like say moni no dey movie industry again

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ChristyG(f): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
xharder:

olu jacobs is not a yoruba man, he is edo man and does not identify himself as yoruba same as omotola ekinde. Most top actors with yoruba names are usually not pure yorubas if atall they are. they are mostly mid western yorubas (edo).

you are a phuckin liar,what da tell Is mis western yoruba?see famzing..omotola Is from ondo while olu Is from ogun

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
I can't but laugh at all replies grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChristyG: coming from ibo animals,d chief tribalists in nigeria,abeg shut Ur mumu mouth,if u pple are not fighting yoruba,it Is either ss or d North.did anambra animals not accuse ngige of joining yoruba party despite he of him being better dan d others.fuckin hypocrites
Learn to respect Billyonaire, I am not your mate in any means. I am not Igbo.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by shaboti: 11:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
May God save us from tribalism and wickedness in this country embarassed
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 11:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
It hurts one tribe that Desmond Elliot is is not from their side while the other tribe is angry he identified himself with an industry dominated by the former.

We are blessed with tribalistic Southerners. I am also from the South who has found a solution to all these rubbish. I no longer give a damn.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by swezenberg(m): 11:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
xharder:

olu jacobs is not a yoruba man, he is edo man and does not identify himself as yoruba same as omotola ekinde. Most top actors with yoruba names are usually not pure yorubas if atall they are. they are mostly mid western yorubas (edo).

Where your shop dey for Alaba. I pity all your customers. You can sell ice to an Eskimo. Satan self respects you when it comes to lies.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Anaskie(m): 11:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
ChristyG: ibo hyocrites,go and tell that to anambra pple and ngige.

Bla, bla, bla.
Anyways, its saddening to see a pretty girl lyk u filled with so much hate.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ola6: 12:21am On Sep 13, 2014
This guy is a joke. Yes, he is YORUBA but ONLY IN NAME. He has NEVER for one day identified with us. NOT FOR ONE DAY!!! Does he even know the people he wants to represent?
This is not about tribalism but the[b] PLAIN TRUTH[/b]. HE CANNOT WIN! Simple and Short.

6 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by ola6: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2014
After reading his manifesto, I couldn't help but laugh. Is this guy for real? Town hall meetings? Have you done that for ONCE in your life? Since you became an actor, have you familiarized yourself with the "boys" and neighbourhood? To ban tan e, ma tan candle!

Except you amend your ways fast. . . . undecided

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by BlackPikiN(m): 4:03am On Sep 13, 2014
Asoozy: His name don already disqualify him. He better revert back to his Yoruba last name.

Moreso he is half Igbo.

Yeye dey smell so now he remembers his real first name? When he needed to get into nollywood he discarded his Yoruba identity so as to be accepted fully into the ibo industry.

Nonsense and alubosa!

He is not even married to a Yoruba o.

I hope you will say Yemi Alade is also Igbo than Yoruba since all her beautiful songs are igbo influenced right?

Tribal goatttuu!!
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 13, 2014
swezenberg: It hurts one tribe that Desmond Elliot is is not from their side while the other tribe is angry he identified himself with an industry dominated by the former.

We are blessed with tribalistic Southerners. I am also from the South who has found a solution to all these rubbish. I no longer give a damn.

it doesn't hurt igbos that elliot 's father is Yoruba. why should it?
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:14am On Sep 13, 2014
I really don't like the tribal comments being made by my fellow Yoruba folks though it's very unlike the Yoruba. I'm sure this is a "revenge" mission by d Yoruba because the igbo folks have not hidden their STRONG tribal stance at every slight opportunity. November 16 2013 election held in Anambra quickly comes to mind. I don't see any Igbo winning any national election that cuts across tribes because of their views to other tribes. Back to the issue of discussion, I was born and bred in Lagos and know every nook and cranny of Lagos to about 92%. Desmond has never identified with Yoruba in any way, I got to know that he's from Lagos just last week. Lagosians are really not biased and are very accommodating but they need you to identify with them. I know so many igbos and other tribes here who speaks Yoruba fluently and adopt it as their first language among people, such people will find it very easy. Mind u, we have honourable Ekaette representing her constituency. I wish Desmond the very best, I might vote for him though.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by anonimi: 7:35am On Sep 13, 2014
YoursGEJ: Why can't you ask about his agenda or plans? Forget corruption and bad leadership, I swear the masses constitute a majority of the problem this country is facing.

Thanks for your very beautiful post.
As for corruption and bad leadership, are WE the masses not also very corrupt (actively and/or passively) while also being bad leaders in our different small to big capacities Don't we know our relations, friends and acquaintances who spend and OWN assets more than their civil service and private sector job salary can provide YET we not only say nothing to discourage them rather we seek crumbs and "access/breakthroughs" via such corrupt relations/friends shocked

When military regimes used administrators from other parts of the country to rule a state, Nigeria saw more development that indigenous politicians have never been able to replicate be it at the federal, state or local level.

I guess this can be debated but this thread is probably not the place for that.....
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Tobbie9(m): 8:00am On Sep 13, 2014
Hypocritical comments everywhere
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2014
The big point is that most people on internet WILL NOT VOTE! The street men, women, boys and girls who will vote will vote for Desmond, but the guy needs to do a lot work sha!

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Profkomolafe(m): 8:52am On Sep 13, 2014
where bros troway OLUSHOLA put 4 al dz days.... Politics yii sha!
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by aljharem(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2014
wazoboy: The big point is that most people on internet WILL NOT VOTE! The street men, women, boys and girls who will vote will vote for Desmond, but the guy needs to do a lot work sha!

Lol you are drunk. Desmond is not going anywhere.
Re: Desmond Elliot To Contest For Lagos House Of Assembly by Haryoryhemie(f): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2014
I guess d movie and music industry isn't profitable again undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

T A Orji's Election Campaign Poster (Picture) / Disparaging Comments About Nigeria: Reno Confronts Buhari With Facts / Family Of Kidnapped Alwan Hassan Paid N100m For His Release - DailyNigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.