Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence (23597 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 14, 2014
tonychristopher: God

I Thank Lord For MakingMe A Christian.The Only Path To Good
thank God for making you so dumb as well

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by davien(m): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2014
Only in nigeria would a "scientist"..."debunk" homosexuality using magnets...i've always said reality must be bent to fit in with whatever religion a theist believed in... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Zikdik(m): 8:27am On Sep 14, 2014
Gloria3389:
lolzzz...online atheist... y did u talk about Quran.then 'if u were an atheist
Oh! I was merely comparing one garbage to another.
Online atheist you say? Trust me, I'm polite with your trash here. You don't wanna meet me in real life.

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 8:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Emmalot121: Reading the Koran,you can easily spot in Sura 2 at least 5 places,where Christians were directly promised hell,their god kept using We instead of I,and one would wonder what he meant by We(I guess his Angels.)I don't see anything godly about Allah(Al illah)(the rejuvenated moon-god,who was known to have married the sun,and gave birth to stars,he had 3 daughters and was the chief god,lest the quote 'Allah the greatest...................of all gods'),the religion is a forgery and has no connection with Adam. http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/islam_exposed.htm
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: Science only seeks to explain "How"........Religion explains "Why".

The more scientific knowledge I get, the more I tend to know more about our creator.

He created everything in everything around us and left us to discover it with our God given minds. (All technological creations, humans and animals came from the earth).

I still wonder how some people can be blind to see all the complexity and beauty around us and still think it came about by chance.

The best computers are still no match for the human brain, the best cameras can never come close to the human eye, cars are immitations of four legged animals, planes are replicas of birds, the secret of everything around everyone wherever they are was gotten from Nature...........the list is endless.

Creative individual and inventors look to nature for their works. Nature has inspired man and will continue to.............

The question is "What is the driving force behind "Nature"??

No one should tell me its not a far superior intelligence to the puny scientific mind of man.

because a question can be phrased using the 'why' or 'how' doesnt mean they are correct or reasonable, a question can be right in the language terms and not meaningful in logical terms

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2014
jared007: The correlation between science and religion is much more dan these. Kudos bro. There's no such thing as atheism. Atheist are simply confessed satanists or believers in God who have consistently rejected Him with malice. That's why dey always talk bitter about Him.
the royal society of england, 95% of their population are atheists, while 93% of national academy of science in USA are atheists. I would love it if you could keep quiet if you dont know anything about atheism or atheist.

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2014
Arinze96: Albert Einstein once said "science is blind without religion and religion is lame without science. They both go together"
i'm sure very sure this is your favorite quotes out of all the quotes of einstein, read up bro.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Gloria3389(f): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Zikdik:
Oh! I was merely comparing one garbage to another.
Online atheist you say? Trust me, I'm polite with your trash here. You don't wanna meet me in real life.
lolzzz... u really make me laff... what if I meet u in real life..u gonna slap me or break my head or what tongue
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: The Koran is similar to operating on the laws of the Old Testament in the bible.

They never reinvented themselves for the rapidly changing world.

That explains the Beard keeping, wearing of robes, keeping of Harems and seeing women as objects that can be owned, laying of emphasis on washing up before praying (Meanwhile Jesus says it a clean heart that's important), the 5 prayers daily (While its not the number but sincerity of your prayer that matters), killing in the name of Religion and expansion of one kingdom (Christians will kill due to greed, envy, malice which is in all man but never "in the name of Jesus".

Just imagine what it would look like if its on TV, a man being beheaded and his killers are shouting "Halelluiah.....Halelluiah"!!!!!!!

and the missionaries were watching their fellow white men when they took africans for slave,why did they remain silent back then or did d bible allow slavery,hope u still remember that desmond tutu famous quote?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2014
Peterken05: because a question can be phrased using the 'why' or 'how' doesnt mean they are correct or reasonable, a question can be right in the language terms and not meaningful in logical terms
Eg. The Big Bang theory.

Science tells us "HOW": A reaction of certain molecules reacted to result in the the "big bang" explosion that started the chain reaction leading to the creation of the universe, earth and life.

Religion tells us "WHY" : God is the force behind the molecules reacting to create life.

Eg: Day and night.

Science says; The earth completes a rotation in 24hrs resulting in Day and night due to exposure to the sun.

Religion; A caring God created night and day to provide man a period to rest from his toils. God even turned out the lights so that man could sleep better.

But due to his infinite wisdom, he left a bedside lamp(The moon), just incase man still needed to move about at night.

I have tons of more explanations......Philosophy is still man's creation.....now who created that man??

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ogaprime(m): 8:55am On Sep 14, 2014
Gloria3389:
I wonder y someone who sees the morning and night everyday, someone who sleeps and wake up everyday, someone who can talk,see,walk,breath, hear, walk.e.t.c.will decide to be an atheist... has he\she ever wondered how he/she got to this planet....
even everything described by the scientists are created by God Almighty including their brain...and even the brain of an atheist....

GBAm!!!...gbayi

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Arinze96(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2014
Peterken05: i'm sure very sure this is your favorite quote out of all the quotes of einstein, read up bro.
I so much like the quote. It's rare; such coming from the father of science.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2014
yemaldo:
and the missionaries were watching their fellow white men when they took africans for slave,why did they remain silent back then or did d bible allow slavery,hope u still remember that desmond tutu famous quote?
The Slavery era was fueled by greed and not religion. Man has for centuries hidden behind religion to carry out crimes and it still continues today.

The economic status of their nations were tied to slavery, they kept quiet and even created an excuse "So that the blackman's souls may be saved in our country".

They allowed it because they benefitted from it.......that is the nature of "man" not a Christian.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Agunechibeya(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan: op, keeping deceiving yourself on an adulterated story book written by men with myopic view.
The today's bible has many absurd flaws.
the fool says in his heart that there is no God

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2014
Peterken05: the royal society of england, 95% of their population are atheists, while 93% of national academy of science in USA are atheists. I would love it if you could keep quiet if you dont know anything about atheism or atheist.
Where do atheists come from??

Who created them??

Was it science??
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2014
Zikdik: Look at grown men embarrassing themselves. It's a shame, really.
The Quran has more scientific citations than the Bible. Plus, Philosophy and Science go way back.

on the op list num 2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a
newborn reaches its peak on the
eighth day, then drops. The Bible
consistently says that a baby must be
circumcised on the eighth day.(for me thats not enough about Embryology)
here is what quran said about Embryology

Fetal Development "Man We did create from a
quintessence of clay. Then we placed
him as a drop of sperm in a place of
rest, firmly fixed. Then We made the
sperm into a clot of congealed blood.
Then out of that clot We made a fetus lump. Then We made out of that lump
bones, and clothed the bones with
flesh. Then We developed out of it
another creature. So blessed be Allah,
the Best to create!" (23:12-14). "But He fashioned him in due
proportion, and breathed into him of
His spirit. And He gave you hearing,
and sight, and understanding" (32:9). "That He did create the pairs, male and
female, from a sperm-drop when
lodged in its place" (53:45-46). "Was he not a drop of sperm emitted,
then did he become a leach-like clot.
Then did Allah make and fashion him
in due proportion. And of him He made
two sexes, male and
female" (75:37-39). "He makes you in the wombs of your
mothers in stages, one after another,
in three veils of darkness" (39:6).
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by chemystery: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2014
Peterken05: i'm so sorry for asking, whats your intelligent quotient?

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: The Slavery era was fueled by greed and not religion. Man has for centuries hidden behind religion to carry out crimes and it still continues today.

The economic status of their nations were tied to slavery, they kept quiet and even created an excuse "So that the blackman's souls may be saved in our country".

They allowed it because they benefitted from it.......that is the nature of "man" not a Christian.
nature of man?then the same goes for muslims too,iys nature of man and not their religion
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:13am On Sep 14, 2014
adebisiema: In my own perspective, i think science and Religion can go hand in hand, i love science and am inseperable with God

Jah bless

Maybe, but religion is fixed. It doesn't strive on progressive thought, once u belong to a religion u expected to believe every damned thing that the religion's creators fixed centuries ago

modern science has found a lot of things that the Bible never proposed, which has led many to cry foul on science

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ron5ke: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Do you even know when your white masters wrote the bible ?
Ehn hen....u were dere shey??....will like to knw
#happysunday grin
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Zikdik(m): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2014
Gloria3389:
lolzzz... u really make me laff... what if I meet u in real life..u gonna slap me or break my head or what tongue
Nah. I'm a feminist. But I'm rather more "evangelical" and outspoken about atheism in real life than here.
You look good BTW.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Zikdik(m): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: Where do atheists come from??

Who created them??

Was it science??
...chai...
We have a long way to go in this parts.

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:20am On Sep 14, 2014
flowjoe: Quantum physics says the world came into existence by energy , we say the world came into existence by God
No matter how they twist it , it still brings them back to God .
#happysunday smiley

God is a personification, a symbolic concept that represents different aspect of our reality, this is what ancient spiritualities did before Abrahamic religions hijacked it and now you have people talking of God as if that God actually exists the way it is represented

Religion's problem is that it forces you to believe in it's dogmas hence it's adherents don't see the symbolism

3 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Gloria3389(f): 9:25am On Sep 14, 2014
Zikdik:
Nah. I'm a feminist. But I'm rather more "evangelical" and outspoken about atheism in real life than here.
You look good BTW.
hmmmm....Thanks....
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: Eg. The Big Bang theory.

Science tells us "HOW": A reaction of certain molecules reacted to result in the the "big bang" explosion that started the chain reaction leading to the creation of the universe, earth and life.

Religion tells us "WHY" : God is the force behind the molecules reacting to create life.

Science says; The earth completes a rotation in 24hrs resulting in Day and night due to exposure to the sun.

Religion; A caring God created night and day to provide man a period to rest from his toils. God even turned out the lights so that man could sleep better.

But due to his infinite wisdom, he left a bedside lamp(The moon), just incase man still needed to move about at night.

I have tons of more explanations......Philosophy is still man's creation.....now who created that man??
it boils down to what i've said before, when a science experiments/reseaches have been made, you guys will now go to your bible or quran and look for a suitable place you can fit it in, like saying 'oh that place in the bible didnt mean that literarily, it meant that FIGURATIVELY'.

I understand that you guys are threatened by what science can unveil but lemme tell you once more science and religion cant and never will be reconciled, you cant, brainy people of the past failed that process/procedure, faith and reason are parallel lines.

Now back to the point, you can say god is the force, is the dark energy, god is this and that, you can fill your god in the science ignorance, but science is tackling these mysteries and if they do you can now go back to the bible again.

Any scientific procedure or experiment is carried out logically by reasonable people with different perspective and world view different different from yours that relate everything to the bible
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by davien(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: Eg. The Big Bang theory.

Mister if you have no understanding of the big bang theory then please keep mute...because some of us dedicate our lives to understand this mysterious universe and spend countless sleepness nights revising and re-proving the established theoretical and mathematical models of fellow peers...
The big bang is not an "Explosion of chemicals" infact the word "bang" hitched on to the inflation theory was what steady-state theorists used to ridicule the theory and till this day it has become attached to that name....
You see the "big bang" theory is mainly mathematics so no matter how much verbatum i use i doubt you would understand it...but i would still ofcourse try...
First one very important aspect for one unfamiliar with this theory to grasp is that space is a phenomenon that permits all physical constructs we see and relates it to a specific region in the universe relative to time....
That said...the inflation theory a.k.a "the big bang" is the creation of all the physical phenomenon you see today....a "before the big bang" question would be illogical because time also is a result of the inflation....also a "where the big bang" came from is also illogical because positions in a non-existent space to define regions do not tarry...
The only logical question is what the source material ejected from the singularity is and what state it was prior to the universe...again it's a big headache not defining positions and time....because that is what we live by... THANK YOU smiley
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:32am On Sep 14, 2014
kilokeys: oya atheists dem.. check this out..

what amazes me is the fact that most atheists on NL have Christian names.. like oluwaseun, modupe, et al..

very funny..

You are so dumb, seriously your intelligence is so low

Oluwaseun, modupe are Yoruba names, anybody of Yoruba speaking parents can have these name regardless your religion.

Btw there really is nothing like a Christian name, names relate to the language and culture that you are exposed to, be it native or foreign
A German can bare Gotze and be of any religion, a name as nothing to do with religion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2014
Arinze96: I so much like the quote. It's rare; such coming from the father of science.
what about that he said he doesnt believe in any personal god, you people dont even know anything about the Einstein, he often said it times without number when people misquote him about his worldview and besides thats in the 19s when science is been funded by religious organisations and you can hardly see scientist coming out of the closet, but we're now in era of freedom, era of human rights.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by kilokeys(m): 9:35am On Sep 14, 2014
macof:

You are so dumb, seriously your intelligence is so low

Oluwaseun, modupe are Yoruba names, anybody of Yoruba speaking parents can have these name regardless your religion.

Btw there really is nothing like a Christian name, names relate to the language and culture that you are exposed to, be it native or foreign
A German can bare Gotze and be of any religion, a name as nothing to do with religion

are u serious? u telling that those bearing such names didnt have a Christian background?..
well i ll be surprised.

but putting that aside, lets say they are pagans.. pagans still believe in the existence of a supreme being.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:36am On Sep 14, 2014
ibnquasale: Obviously,science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality and the notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both.

People should just understand that GOD is the creator of all, including science!

When you say God if you are thinking of the God of a particular religion then you are greatly mistaken.

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: Where do atheists come from??

Who created them??

Was it science??
looking at your questions above, it is best for us to stop at this junction.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2014
kilokeys:

are u serious? u telling that those bearing that name didnt have a Christian background?..
well i ll be surprised.

but putting that aside, lets say they are
pagans.. pagans still believe in the existence
of a supreme being.

I know two girls, one Muslim, the other Christian both bare Mojisola
Another case with Oluwole

How has Yoruba names become Christian?? Even John isn't Christian, it's English.
You don't identify a name with religion but the culture the name is known

And since when has the belief in a creator force aka supreme being become strictly Christian

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday / How To Witness To Loved Ones Who Are Roman Catholics / If Social Media Was There In The Bible Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.