Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence (23364 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by kilokeys(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2014
macof:

I know two girls, one Muslim, the other Christian both bare Mojisola
Another case with Oluwole

How has Yoruba names become Christian?? Even John isn't Christian, it's English.
You don't identify a name with religion but the culture the name is known

i said "oluwaseun, modupe and others hinting obeisance to a higher power"
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by nwaobitex: 9:55am On Sep 14, 2014
wow
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 9:58am On Sep 14, 2014
although the OP is just trying to force things that don't apply, I see he considers the Bible not so literal.

Science never professed there's no power that created and sustains the universe, Infact it keeps showing there is.

The conflicts between religion and science is that the religious mind never questions his religion, believing in these religious tales as they come without any proof or logic

3 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 10:09am On Sep 14, 2014
kilokeys:

i said "oluwaseun, modupe and others hinting obeisance to a higher power"

and how are these names religious? You haven't seen cases were parents name their child after people they admire

There's nothing wrong with a Yoruba man or someone exposed to Yoruba bearing a Yoruba name atheist or not

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 10:20am On Sep 14, 2014
Agunechibeya: the fool says in his heart that there is no God
Only a fool thinks there is no God.
I hope ua not a fool.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Macelliot:
I'm not deceiving myself.
The Bible is the best book every written... If not for the Bible, satan/evil would have long ago conquered the world, but their secret has been revealed in a book in which people have tried to burn, destroy, eradicate, terminate it during the spreading and persecutions of Christians in the Middle-ages....
You are the one deceiving yourself...
I understand the bible quite well, if I start with you, I will only make you feel stúpid
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by davien(m): 10:26am On Sep 14, 2014
As for the "only a fool says in his heart,there is no god" verse please consider this....the smartest alleged being in the universe can't come up with any better logical thing to say to convince atheists but that....c'mon on? undecided
All it("god"wink ) had to do is say something we didn't know about the universe which we could identify using plain detail....but apparently "god" isn't omni-mature... undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 10:32am On Sep 14, 2014
obie3rixe:
Fools dont see...
Yu may neva see the truth!
I'm not dumb so, I can see the truth.
only a fool thinks everyone must agree with him or her in order to become wise.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 10:33am On Sep 14, 2014
Emmalot121: No one should argue with this guy,he has already made up his mind,he just wants to prove his stance.The bible tells us not to argue with our words,by proclaiming the word of God is enough for sober people to repent,transfer your energy to those willing but don't have people to preach.........................................And he said unto him,If they hear not Moses and the prophets,neither will they be persuaded,though one rose from the dead.

If they come unto you to argue,throw unto them an identical and matching verse and let them argue with God. sad
Bring it on.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by asavibe: 10:33am On Sep 14, 2014
See How Man Captured his Wife Cheating with Another Man via WHATSAPP - http:///XgACc2
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry wink smiley cheesy sad angry
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2014
flowjoe:
Pls what's the meaning of olalekan
Atheist wanna be , even if u are one , I donno why u guys talk about God more than we do
I'm ever never been an atheist and will never be one.
I believe in God
I believe that God also gave everyone sense of reasoning only that, some people are just so dumb to use it.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 10:39am On Sep 14, 2014
flowjoe:
Pls what's the meaning of olalekan
Atheist wanna be , even if u are one , I donno why u guys talk about God more than we do
Olalekan is a Yoruba phrase. if u wanna know the meaning, google could be your friend.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by kalufelix(m): 11:08am On Sep 14, 2014
God is nature...
God is supreme...

Dont know bou religion...
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2014
cirmuell: funny even famous scientists acknowledges the two can't be unconnected.

Yet some scientists also say the two are unrelated. I'll wait till all the scientists agree that religion and science go hand in hand.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by bwideity: 11:14am On Sep 14, 2014
GOD IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS:- no matter what you do or what you read , you can only get the right answer to your question when you believe that there is a master planner for everything in the whole universe.

Happy Sunday.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2014
davien:

Mister if you have no understanding of the big bang theory then please keep mute...because some of us dedicate our lives to understand this mysterious universe and spend countless sleepness nights revising and re-proving the established theoretical and mathematical models of fellow peers...
The big bang is not an "Explosion of chemicals" infact the word "bang" hitched on to the inflation theory was what steady-state theorists used to ridicule the theory and till this day it has become attached to that name....
You see the "big bang" theory is mainly mathematics so no matter how much verbatum i use i doubt you would understand it...but i would still ofcourse try...
First one very important aspect for one unfamiliar with this theory to grasp is that space is a phenomenon that permits all physical constructs we see and relates it to a specific region in the universe relative to time....
That said...the inflation theory a.k.a "the big bang" is the creation of all the physical phenomenon you see today....a "before the big bang" question would be illogical because time also is a result of the inflation....also a "where the big bang" came from is also illogical because positions in a non-existent space to define regions do not tarry...
The only logical question is what the source material ejected from the singularity is and what state it was prior to the universe...again it's a big headache not defining positions and time....because that is what we live by... THANK YOU smiley
Why has man's greatest acomplishments a replica of events and creations atheists regard as "chance"??

Is it by chance that your body is symetrical?? Or the Earth rotates at just the right speed to keep it in stable orbit?? Or your eyes are located in a vantage point for optimal visibility?? Or the human eye is more complicated that the best cameras?? Or the human brain can store more information than super computers??

This "Chance" must be a higher form of intelligence.

Or lemmie go lewd.........is this "big bang" responsible for the way a male sexual organ is shaped and the female's design to fit it and provide lubrication for smooth entry?? ......and result in a baby 9months after??

Creation is too vast to be a product of chance, it contains too much intelligence the puny scientific mind of man can never grasp.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 11:25am On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan:
I understand the bible quite well, if I start with you, I will only make you feel stúpid
You sounds so funny!
The same way those who lived before tried to do. Hmm?
.... "Heaven and Earth may pass away, but the prophesies of the Word of God Almighty in the Scriptures shall never pass away until every bit of it is fulfilled."
Je vous dis la vérité et
rien que la vérité.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by kalufelix(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2014
Just so the 'lazy brained' guilibles will acknowledge their 'God' the more...

Science is only a systematic study of what has been already in makin future projections...

If God permits science can discover God someday...
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by davien(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2014
ba7man: Why has man's greatest acomplishments a replica of events and creations atheists regard as "chance"??

Is it by chance that your body is symetrical?? Or the Earth rotates at just the right speed to keep it in stable orbit?? Or your eyes are located in a vantage point for optimal visibility?? Or the human eye is more complicated that the best cameras?? Or the human brain can store more information than super computers??

This "Chance" must be a higher form of intelligence.
Explain to me where i made mention of "chance" being responsible for any of the above garbage you put up?...If you cannot grasp statistics...keep mute...instead of addressing the topics i chose to divulge on you chose to raise the creationist' favourite straw-man "chance"...
Oh and by the way the rotation of the earth has nothing to do with it being in a stable orbit...just the pull(gravity) of the sun...what would be correct of you to say however is that the tilt of the earth prevents the earth from pointing directly to our currently north star polaris

[size=18pt] SCIENCE,IT WORKS BITCHES!!! [/size]

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 11:38am On Sep 14, 2014
Macelliot:
You sounds so funny!
The same way those who lived before tried to do. Hmm?
.... "Heaven and Earth may pass away, but the prophesies of the Word of God Almighty in the Scriptures shall never pass away until every bit of it is fulfilled."
Je vous dis la vérité et
rien que la vérité.
La vérité signifie beaucoup de choses pour différentes personnes. Vous ne voyez pas ce que je vois.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Sunnycliff(m): 11:39am On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan: op, keeping deceiving yourself on an adulterated and doctored story book written by men with myopic view.
The today's bible has many absurd flaws.

Pls proof your points
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2014
In this Life u must believe something, if you believe in God, you ll believe in something else by default, Trust me, there is no Science invention that was made by mere Man, its either a Spiritualist of some sort or a core Christian. Mr n Mrs atheist, if you don't believe in God, you can't doubt the existence of Spiritual being. So why believe in creations and despise the Creator?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ba7man(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2014
davien: Explain to me where i made mention of "chance" being responsible for any of the above garbage you put up?...If you cannot grasp statistics...keep mute...instead of addressing the topics i chose to divulge on you chose to raise the creationist' favourite straw-man "chance"...
Oh and by the way the rotation of the earth has nothing to do with it being in a stable orbit...just the pull(gravity) of the sun...what would be correct of you to say however is that the tilt of the earth prevents the earth from pointing directly to our currently north star polaris

[size=18pt] SCIENCE,IT WORKS BITCHES!!! [/size]
Aknowledge there's a higher authority that created the medium you're replying me with.....your mouth, brain and fingers or did science create that??

Once u don't aknowledge that, it means you believe there's no supreme force/ intelligence that guides all the complexity of Nature all around you which translates to......."Chance".

If the earth should slow down in its rotational speed, its drawn towards the sun..........if it should increase it, it pulls away from the sun.

Speaking English doesn't automatically translate to intelligence.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Emmalot121(m): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan:
Bring it on.
We have shown unto you oh man what is good so that you may not be destroyed ... sad
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2014
Sunnycliff:

Pls proof your points
Many things contradicts themselves in the bible...
Most Christians are so choosy in reading from the the Bible ( old and new) Most of you read mostly read from the new and make excuses that many things in the old testament doesn't apply today because Jesus... bla bla bla - Go and tell that to the jews.
But, yours pastors will never stop preaching from the book of Malachi because they want to build mansions and buy private jets. Alas, other books like Leviticus and exodus are no go area...
Hypocrisy at its peak.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Rapture07: 12:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan: op, keeping deceiving yourself on an adulterated and doctored story book written by men with myopic view.

Ur prob is dat u try to understand the bible with ur brain. And believe ur only getting urself more confused. But the spectacular tin about the bible is that the more you read it, someday u get changed by it.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan:
La vérité signifie beaucoup de choses pour différentes personnes. Vous ne voyez pas ce que je vois.
Qu'est-ce que vous voyez et les autres ne voient pas.
Tell me!
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by olaeffect(m): 12:10pm On Sep 14, 2014

Go and read the post all over again please. You will notice that some of the flaws (truth) in the past are now being confirmed by science as "facts" and most of your current/present flaws(truth) will be discovered to be "facts" in 200 or 300 years time but you won't have the opportunity to believe then because we will all be long dead. Since you lack faith now and you want everything to be scientifically proven before you believe.

Hope you know that procreation is yet to be fully and totally scientifically proven or understood, but your parents and mine still went ahead and gave birth to you and I. Hope you will wait for science to fully understand procreation before you give birth to you own children.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by olaeffect(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
firstolalekan:
Many things contradicts themselves in the bible...
Most Christians are so choosy in reading from the the Bible ( old and new) Most of you read mostly read from the new and make excuses that many things in the old testament doesn't apply today because Jesus... bla bla bla - Go and tell that to the jews.
But, yours pastors will never stop preaching from the book of Malachi because they want to build mansions and buy private jets. Alas, other books like Leviticus and exodus are no go area...
Hypocrisy at its peak.

And your point is?

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Yet some scientists also say the two are unrelated. I'll wait till all the scientists agree that religion and science go hand in hand.
then you'll have to wait forever
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
olaeffect:

Go and read the post all over again please. You will notice that some of the flaws (truth) in the past are now being confirmed by science as "facts" and most of your current/present flaws(truth) will be discovered to be "facts" in 200 or 300 years time but you won't have the opportunity to believe then because we will all be long dead. Since you lack faith now and you want everything to be scientifically proven before you believe.

Hope you know that procreation is yet to be fully and totally scientifically proven or understood, but your parents and mine still went ahead and gave birth to you and I. Hope you will wait for science to fully understand procreation before you give birth to you own children.
So, what has science or religion got to do with procreation?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by firstolalekan(m): 12:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
olaeffect:

And your point is?
use your head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor / Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome! / Daddy Freeze Attacks Pastor Oladiyun Over Tithes Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.