Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence (23372 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Liekiller(f): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
Macelliot: 1. Only in recent years has
science discovered thateverything we see iscomposed of invisible atoms. Here, Scripture tells us that the "things which are seen were not made of things which do
appear."
2. Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day.

3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "HE hangs the earth upon
nothing" (Job 26:7).

4. The prophet Isaiah also tells us that the earth is round: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the earth" (Isaiah 40:22). This
is not a reference to a flat disk, as some skeptic maintain, but to a sphere.
Secular man discovered this 2,400 years later. At a time when science believed that the earth was flat, is was the Scriptures that inspired Christopher Columbus to sail around the world (see
Proverbs 3:6 footnote).

5. God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35). The
Bible here is making what appears to be a
scientifically ludicrous
statement—that light can be sent, and then
manifest itself in speech.
But did you know that
radio waves travel at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with
someone on the other
side of the earth. Science didn’t discover this until
1864 when "British
scientist James Clerk
Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated
Encyclopedia).

6. Job 38:19 asks, "Where
is the way where light
dwells?" Modern man has only recently discovered that light
(electromagnetic
radiation) has a "way," traveling at 186,000 miles per second.

7. Science has discovered that stars emit radio waves, which are received
on earth as a high pitch.
God mentioned this in Job 38:7: "When the morning stars sang together..."

8. "Most cosmologists
(scientists who study the structures and evolution of the universe) agree
that the Genesis account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be uncannily close to the
truth" (Time, Dec. 1976).

9. Solomon described a
"cycle" of air currents two thousand years before scientists "discovered" them. "The wind goes toward the south, and
turns about unto the
north; it whirls about
continually, and the wind returns again according to his
circuits" (Ecclesiastes 1:6).

10. Science expresses the
universe in five terms:
time, space, matter,
power, and motion.
Genesis 1:1,2 revealed
such truths to the
Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: " In the beginning [time] God
created
[power] the
heaven
[space] and the earth [matter] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [motion] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe.

11. The great biological truth concerning the
importance of blood in our body’s mechanism
has been fully
comprehended only in
recent years. Up until 120 years ago, sick people were "bled," and many died because of the
practice. If you lose your blood, you lose your life.
Yet Leviticus 17:11,
written 3,000 years ago, declared that blood is the source of life: "For the life
of the flesh is in the
blood."

12. All things were made by Him (see John 1:3),
including dinosaurs. Why then did the dinosaur disappear? The answer may be in Job 40:15–24.
In this passage, God
speaks about a great
creature called "behemoth." Some
commentators think this was a hippopotamus.
However, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but a small twig. Following are the characteristics of
this huge animal: It was the largest of all the creatures God made; was plant-eating (herbivorous); had its strength in its hips and a tail like a large tree. It had very strong bones, lived among the trees, drank massive amounts of water, and was not disturbed by a raging river. He appears impervious to attack because his nose could pierce through snares, but
Scripture says, "He that made him can make his sword to approach unto
him." In other words, God caused this, the largest of all the creatures He had
made, to become extinct.

14. Luke 17:34–36 says
the Second Coming of
Jesus Christ will occur
while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This
is a clear indication of arevolving earth, with day and night at the same time.
http://www.livingwaters.com/witnessingtool/scientificfactsintheBible.shtml

Your idea of science is that of the 19th century, and so are the scientific results you pull out of their context here to "prove" whatever point you believe you have. They are not from "recent" years oo. Science has moved WAY beyond this. You just seem to have missed the past 120 years of research?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by farem: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
firstolalekan: op, keeping deceiving yourself on an adulterated and doctored story book written by men with myopic view.
The[b] today's bible[/b] has many absurd flaws.
You have to prove that you have finished reading and comprehended TODAY'S BIBLE and compared it with 'your' YESTERDAY'S BIBLE. IF you cannot do this you are the most disillusioned entity ever lived!
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
musicwriter:

Obviously, you don't know me.

I'm in better position to educate you. Keep the middle ages believe argument cause that doesn't make sense.

You folks always feel embarrassed when reminded names of great scientists who did believe in God.

And, did I tell you the first men on the moon did recite Genesis chapter 1 immediately on landing on the moon?. Of course you know what that means.

The first men on the moon reading Genesis chapter 1 - 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwI4s97S_fQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5QwuYKIgQ

More details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_8_Genesis_reading

This are facts. And all you have to do is deal with it.
back to our discussion, what can you say about issac newton? Tell me something.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Majority of the biblical stories were stolen from ancient Babylon, e.g the flood stories,Moses and Tower of babel.The bible is a joke,but fools will take Mythology serious anyway and even build a faith around it.

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by musicwriter(m): 8:53pm On Sep 14, 2014
Peterken05: back to our discussion, what can you say about issac newton? Tell me something.

I don't make argument with folks like you cause you argue erratically. First, what do you have to say about the scientists reading bible on the moon?.

Isaac Newton literally researched Physics with the bible side-by-side and even hinted when Jesus Christ may return using advanced calculus (maths). Of course this's information modern day science don't want you to know, but history will.

Isaac Newton religious views. Details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Isaac_Newton

Isaac Newton predict world will end in 2060. Details: http://opentheword.org/2013/10/16/sir-isaac-newton-predicted-world-would-end-in-2060-ad/

Find the biography of Isaac Newton and read it. I've done so. Or better help yourself with google. You may begin by searching "did Isaac Newton believe in God?". Hope you get help.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by haffaze777(m): 10:49pm On Sep 14, 2014
kilokeys: oya atheists dem.. check this out..

what amazes me is the fact that most atheists on NL have Christian names.. like oluwaseun, modupe, et al..

very funny..

those are not Christian name but general Yoruba name
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 11:16pm On Sep 14, 2014
Macelliot:
Why do u wanna know? Hope all is well?
LOL
yes sir,all is well,just suprise that a topic as important as the "heart can think" has not been conventionally recorgnised.i have even gone further to ask seven medical personel but it seems to sound strange to them all.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 11:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Please a question for you sir. What do you believe?
Am sorry sir,you sound relatively convoluted.What do i believe?please explain sir
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by edrisworld(m): 12:18am On Sep 15, 2014
lincolnj88:
Try read nd understand......if u can't understand this den u nid help.....nd abt quran error in embryonic development ,below are lists of dem

Embryology[edit]
Main Article: Embryology in the Qur'an

The Qur'an and Hadith contain statements about bodily fluids and the stages of development of the human embryo. Many of these descriptions are vague and unscientific. Most bare a striking resemblance to similar descriptions found in the Jewish Talmud and the ideas of ancient Greeks such as Galen, including their errors.
Sperm Originates Between the Backbone and Ribs[edit]
Main Article: Qur'an and Semen Production

The Qur'an states, incorrectly, that semen originates from a spot between the backbone and ribs. Today we know sperm comes from the testicles and semen from the pelvic region, which is not between the spine and ribs.
He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs
Qur'an 86:6-7
Embryo is Formed from Male and Female Fluids[edit]
Main Article: Greek and Jewish Ideas about Reproduction in the Quran and Hadith

The author of the Qur'an describes the formation of a human embryo from fluids emanating from the man (and possibly also of the woman). This reflects the contemporary, but incorrect, view that the embryo is initially formed out of semen stored in the womb. In fact, semen is the vehicle for the sperm cells, one of which fuses with a woman's ovum in her fallopian tube, and the resulting cell divides and travels back into the womb for implantation. While English translations mention a "drop of seed", or "drop of sperm", the Arabic word in question literally means a small amount of liquid, a euphemism for semen.
Did We not create you from a liquid disdained? And We placed it in a firm lodging For a known extent.
Qur'an 77:20-22
From what thing doth He create him? From a drop of seed. He createth him and proportioneth him
Qur'an 80:18-19
Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm [nutfatin amshajin], in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight.
Qur'an 76:2
No Mention of Female Ovum[edit]

The Qur'an's author did not mention the role of the ovum in human reproduction and appears to have no knowledge of it. This verse fails to mention the important role of the female egg, or ovum, plays in the reproduction of humankind. It implies that reproduction is caused simply by the male semen. The human ovum is very small, though visible to the human eye, and it's purpose wasn't understood in the 7th century. Again, we are left wondering why an all-knowing deity would omit such information.
He is created from a drop emitted
Qur'an 25:45
Humans Created from a Clot of Blood[edit]
Main Article: Embryology in Islamic Scripture

The Qur'an and Hadith depict that humans are formed from a clot of blood. There was never a stage in embryonic development where humans are formed into a clot of blood. This description is likely influenced by an unscientific and primitive understanding of human reproduction based on observations from an early-term miscarriage and a woman's menstrual cycle.
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Qur'an 96:2
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mus'ud: “Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(The matter of the Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period.”
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:4

Nice post but you are not doing justice to your copy and paste. You should first understand that its written in arabic and you have to compare translation to give you a better meaning.

For your first argument that the woman is not mentioned. In quran 76:2 you mentioned earlier the word there is nutfah and if you check Lane’s Lexicon of classical Arabic it means a Sperm of a man and of a woman or mixture quantity. Also some other translation uses nuftah as mixture. With that being said even if the woman is not mentioned explicitly that doesnt mean theres a contradiction or no point there.. You should understand that holy books are not science text books that gives all the details but they are more like pointing your reasoning into it as an ayat (sign).. For example if i tell you i create my bed from wood, does that mean i didnt add nails or gums or spray to the bed.. Its only an error when i say i created my bed ONLY from wood..

ref

(Verily, We have created man from Nutfah Amshaj,) meaning, mixed. The words Mashaj and Mashij mean something that is mixed together. Ibn `Abbas said concerning Allah’s statement,
(from Nutfah Amshaj,) "This means the fluid of the man and the fluid of the woman when they meet and mix.” Then man changes after this from stage to stage, condition to condition and color to color. `Ikrimah, Mujahid, Al-Hasan and Ar-Rabi` bin Anas all made statements similar to this. They said, "Amshaj is the mixing of the man’s fluid with the woman’s fluid.”

Ibn Kathir on 76:2

Second point.. the word here again is Alaqa which have a variety of meaning.. and the commonly used one is clot of blood and also something that clings or a leach like substance.. Once you understand this then you will understand that that thing actually clings.. No translation is infallible thats why its important to get to the root of words sometimes. For example not too long ago being called gay means being bright but now you know what being called gay actually means but that doesnt mean the 2 or 1 is wrong.. It simply means use the right one for the right context if the other doesnt fit in well..

sahih Internation uses the word cling btw.

Finally you do know keith moore which was a leading profesor in embryology confirms that aspect in the quran.. Thats a neutral source.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by lincolnj88: 6:55am On Sep 15, 2014
edrisworld:

Nice post but you are not doing justice to your copy and paste. You should first understand that its written in arabic and you have to compare translation to give you a better meaning.

For your first argument that the woman is not mentioned. In quran 76:2 you mentioned earlier the word there is nutfah and if you check Lane’s Lexicon of classical Arabic it means a Sperm of a man and of a woman or mixture quantity. Also some other translation uses nuftah as mixture. With that being said even if the woman is not mentioned explicitly that doesnt mean theres a contradiction or no point there.. You should understand that holy books are not science text books that gives all the details but they are more like pointing your reasoning into it as an ayat (sign).. For example if i tell you i create my bed from wood, does that mean i didnt add nails or gums or spray to the bed.. Its only an error when i say i created my bed ONLY from wood..

ref

(Verily, We have created man from Nutfah Amshaj,) meaning, mixed. The words Mashaj and Mashij mean something that is mixed together. Ibn `Abbas said concerning Allah’s statement,
(from Nutfah Amshaj,) "This means the fluid of the man and the fluid of the woman when they meet and mix.” Then man changes after this from stage to stage, condition to condition and color to color. `Ikrimah, Mujahid, Al-Hasan and Ar-Rabi` bin Anas all made statements similar to this. They said, "Amshaj is the mixing of the man’s fluid with the woman’s fluid.”

Ibn Kathir on 76:2

Second point.. the word here again is Alaqa which have a variety of meaning.. and the commonly used one is clot of blood and also something that clings or a leach like substance.. Once you understand this then you will understand that that thing actually clings.. No translation is infallible thats why its important to get to the root of words sometimes. For example not too long ago being called gay means being bright but now you know what being called gay actually means but that doesnt mean the 2 or 1 is wrong.. It simply means use the right one for the right context if the other doesnt fit in well..

sahih Internation uses the word cling btw.

Finally you do know keith moore which was a leading profesor in embryology confirms that aspect in the quran.. Thats a neutral source.
u are still lacking d explanation I needed....
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Mavrick2012: LOL
yes sir,all is well,just suprise that a topic as important as the "heart can think" has not been conventionally recorgnised.i have even gone further to ask seven medical personel but it seems to sound strange to them all.
Even the question sounds strange to me either.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2014
Liekiller:

Your idea of science is that of the 19th century, and so are the scientific results you pull out of their context here to "prove" whatever point you believe you have. They are not from "recent" years oo. Science has moved WAY beyond this. You just seem to have missed the past 120 years of research?
How?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 15, 2014
lincolnj88:
Try read nd understand......if u can't understand this den u nid help.....nd abt quran error in embryonic development ,below are lists of dem

Embryology[edit]
Main Article: Embryology in the Qur'an

The Qur'an and Hadith contain statements about bodily fluids and the stages of development of the human embryo. Many of these descriptions are vague and unscientific. Most bare a striking resemblance to similar descriptions found in the Jewish Talmud and the ideas of ancient Greeks such as Galen, including their errors.
Sperm Originates Between the Backbone and Ribs[edit]
Main Article: Qur'an and Semen Production

The Qur'an states, incorrectly, that semen originates from a spot between the backbone and ribs. Today we know sperm comes from the testicles and semen from the pelvic region, which is not between the spine and ribs.
He is created from a drop emitted- Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs
Qur'an 86:6-7
Embryo is Formed from Male and Female Fluids[edit]
Main Article: Greek and Jewish Ideas about Reproduction in the Quran and Hadith

The author of the Qur'an describes the formation of a human embryo from fluids emanating from the man (and possibly also of the woman). This reflects the contemporary, but incorrect, view that the embryo is initially formed out of semen stored in the womb. In fact, semen is the vehicle for the sperm cells, one of which fuses with a woman's ovum in her fallopian tube, and the resulting cell divides and travels back into the womb for implantation. While English translations mention a "drop of seed", or "drop of sperm", the Arabic word in question literally means a small amount of liquid, a euphemism for semen.
Did We not create you from a liquid disdained? And We placed it in a firm lodging For a known extent.
Qur'an 77:20-22
From what thing doth He create him? From a drop of seed. He createth him and proportioneth him
Qur'an 80:18-19
Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm [nutfatin amshajin], in order to try him: So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight.
Qur'an 76:2
No Mention of Female Ovum[edit]

The Qur'an's author did not mention the role of the ovum in human reproduction and appears to have no knowledge of it. This verse fails to mention the important role of the female egg, or ovum, plays in the reproduction of humankind. It implies that reproduction is caused simply by the male semen. The human ovum is very small, though visible to the human eye, and it's purpose wasn't understood in the 7th century. Again, we are left wondering why an all-knowing deity would omit such information.
He is created from a drop emitted
Qur'an 25:45
Humans Created from a Clot of Blood[edit]
Main Article: Embryology in Islamic Scripture

The Qur'an and Hadith depict that humans are formed from a clot of blood. There was never a stage in embryonic development where humans are formed into a clot of blood. This description is likely influenced by an unscientific and primitive understanding of human reproduction based on observations from an early-term miscarriage and a woman's menstrual cycle.
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Qur'an 96:2
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Mus'ud: “Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(The matter of the Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period.”
Sahih Bukhari 4:54:4
I would reply your allegations against the facts about the human embryonic stages mentioned in the Qur'an later when I finish my exams. As a sensible individual and an aspiring physicist, I wouldn't use scientific explanations of physical phenomena to verify the ones provided in the holy Qur'an. Since God is All-Knowing and He's the Creator of all things, so when He says in the Quran or in the Gospel given to Jesus (the real Bible) that He creates man through the mentioned developmental stages, the claim needs no verification ; shouldn't the One that creates know everything about His creatures? I would rather cross-check scientific explanations with the ones in the Qur'an, keepind in mind that the Qur'an is not a science manual but a guide for men.
Even though, in this age, Science has recorded several breakthroughs which are epoch-making, I believe It's still immature. There are still many questions begging for answers- what is soul? How does it leave the body at death? What is death? Is our perception about death valid? What is the relationship between the soul, the mind and the body? Is there really an entity called God? Or do things occur in nature accidentally? What are the true facts about the origin and the evolution of the universe? And so many more. Attempts are being made at present to solve these puzzles in the new field called Noetic Science. By the time Scientists provide answers to these questions, by the time Science merges with Religion(because they are one), then one doesn't need to convince an atheist or an agnostic or even a sceptic of the existence of God. Since this would have proven empirically by scientists.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2014
UrbanMystique: [s]Wonderful load of craps[/b]
Hater!!!
When religion says, you won't believe. But when Science says, you will believe. Yet tommorow, science will disaprove the former research with another new findings. Still yet, you will believe.
You see ur life!
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2014
UrbanMystique: Wonderful load of craps
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by edrisworld(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2014
lincolnj88: u are still lacking d explanation I needed....

Well maybe its because you want to believe the things you only want to believe.. My explanation about alaqa is well known and about the woman i told you about nutfah i even gave you a reliable neutral source for translation and a professor with reputation in embryology.. and some examples.. Anyway just realize and i will repeat that holy books are not science text books that gives all the details but they are more like pointing your reasoning into it as an ayat (sign).
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ea7(m): 9:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Macelliot:
Hater!!!
When religion says, you won't believe. But when Science says, you will believe. Yet tommorow, science will disaprove the former research with another new findings. Still yet, you will believe.
You see ur life!
Shockingly enough, scientific theories that are widely accepted don't get disprove. Just built upon. By the way, science isn't a person and as such cannot "say" anything. It is a method. Do try to keep up here.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by ea7(m): 9:37am On Sep 15, 2014
Macelliot:
Hater!!!
You see ur life!
P.s I totally agree with you. I'm actually the Son of Thor. But no one believes me. Filthy infidels. One day I'll strike them all down, today I'm going drinking with my best bud Hercules.
What's that? Just because someone says something doesn't make it true? Oh dear! K might actually have to prove stuff with evidence?! What arrogance. If a religion says something it's true darn it.
All the religions.
At once.
Even if they disagree.
They're all true.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2014
ARES: One day science will discover what faith already knows

Lol....when will dat be? When science discover the cure for HIV/Aids? Or a cure for cancer? Or find solutions to mankind problems? Why won't science find solutions to poverty? Why shld science measure itself with God? How wise?

Read about the origin of science...you'd get to know that it started in the church and so....It was set to prove that most things weren't done from God...science defines atheist! Its pathetic! Am a graduate of pure physics and most scientific theories and principies are just to measure itself with God.... Using the genetical scientists and medical physicists to see if man can create or clone A HUMAN. Do you know that the American govt has been secretely developing robots/A.H (artificial human) that will be destructive above human's imagination? I wouldn't go into details! Time will tell.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by UrbanMystique: 10:06am On Sep 15, 2014
Macelliot:
Hater!!!
You see ur life!
and the craps continue
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Mavrick2012: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2014
Macelliot:
Even the question sounds strange to me either.
lol.
you know i know and i know you know that the question is VERY MUCH comprehensible.
But since the question is "strange",please give me another site/material that says "the heart can think".
sir,its not enough to just post any site and you expect everybody to accept it hook-line-and-sinker because its from a "site".Their are loads of baldadash on net,i mean totally irrational and false infos on net,thats why i like going with a widely recorgnised information,eg united nation or government recorgnised.
A dude once told me(on facebook)that pope benedict 13th was killed because he converted to islam,he even backed it with a site,but when i checked wiki i didnt see anything like that.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by brainbox2014(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2014
....Just wonder why people (especially Nigerians) keep quarrelling (especially on social platforms and online forums) over contrasts of beliefs when it is certain that everyone will die one day and end up believing one thing. Regardless of what you believe, the TRUTH is the TRUTH and it changes not...so why not seek to live in harmony instead and respect others. The best way to propagate your ideas is through love, not disparaging remarks.

1 Like

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by NumberOne2(m): 9:44am On Sep 16, 2014
3. At a time when it was believed that the earth sat on a large animal or a giant (1500 B.C.), the Bible spoke of the earth’s free float in space: "HE hangs the earth upon
nothing" (Job 26:7).

One of my favourite bible quotes. How did Job know the earth hangs on nothing...
Bible scholars will tell you that Job happens to be one of the oldest books in the bible.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 5:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mavrick2012: lol.
you know i know and i know you know that the question is VERY MUCH comprehensible.
But since the question is "strange",please give me another site/material that says "the heart can think".
sir,its not enough to just post any site and you expect everybody to accept it hook-line-and-sinker because its from a "site".Their are loads of baldadash on net,i mean totally irrational and false infos on net,thats why i like going with a widely recorgnised information,eg united nation or government recorgnised.
A dude once told me(on facebook)that pope benedict 13th was killed because he converted to islam,he even backed it with a site,but when i checked wiki i didnt see anything like that.
Thanks alot!
Obviously, I can't conclude on whether the Heart can think or not due to many unclear circumstances.
What's ur own view of it?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
UrbanMystique: and the craps continue
what a shame!
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Macelliot(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
ea7:
Shockingly enough, scientific theories that are widely accepted don't get disprove. Just built upon. By the way, science isn't a person and as such cannot "say" anything. It is a method. Do try to keep up here.
k. It might get disaprove tommorow...
There are three states of matter which is widely recognised, but some new researches are proving that there are four states of matter...
Hmmm?
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2014
kalufelix: God is nature...
God is supreme...

Dont know bou religion...

Religion only hijacked ancient spiritual concepts and added it's ridiculous dogmas eg. belief in Jesus, a dead jew or rot in hell, pray in his name or ur prayers don't get answered, knock ur head on d ground facing the kabba and proclaim Mohamed, a pedophile Arab as a man from God etc

Religion is nothing but a waste of time

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
shollynoob: In this Life u must believe something, if you believe in God, you ll believe in something else by default, Trust me, there is no Science invention that was made by mere Man, its either a Spiritualist of some sort or a core Christian. Mr n Mrs atheist, if you don't believe in God, you can't doubt the existence of Spiritual being. So why believe in creations and despise the Creator?

Wat is spiritual being?? You should know that wat spirituality calls spirits is what science calls energy.

So where religion gets it wrong is by taking the tales of a "God" literally and building a blind faith around a myth that has no reality

This is why religion is a waste of time, it is only the pollution of the concepts of ancient spiritualities

3 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
Macelliot:
Hater!!!
You see ur life!
Yes, that's the beauty of science and spirituality. It is progressive, the universe is so vast that we need to keep searching and keep growing in consciousness

While religion is fixed, the religious mind doesn't care for knowledge because he is forced to settle for the dogmas of his religion as fixed centuries ago

2 Likes

Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
macof:

Wat is spiritual being?? You should know that wat spirituality calls spirits is what science calls energy.

So where religion gets it wrong is by taking the tales of a "God" literally and building a blind faith around a myth that has no reality

This is why religion is a waste of time, it is only the pollution of the concepts of ancient spiritualities

grin grin grin grin
if Spirituality is what Science called Energy then it ll be better to call it Spiritual Energy(Form of Energy), which makes more sense. Well, just put it this way Science is your Faith.
Re: The Scientific Facts: The Biblical Evidence by macof(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
shollynoob:

grin grin grin grin
if Spirituality is what Science called Energy then it ll be better to call it Spiritual Energy(Form of Energy), which makes more sense. Well, just put it this way Science is your Faith.
Read my post again. You didn't get it

Every man must have faith, it's our nature.
But then question ur faith once in a while to achieve a better understanding on wat the whole concept is about, u could even realize u understand it better than where you first heard it from.

The Christian mind doesn't question the Christian dogmas, hence there's no guarantee that this is truth either by logic or experience which prompts me to tag the Christian belief as Hope rather than faith

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome! / Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.