Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,530 members, 7,770,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:54 AM

Any HSE Professionals In The House? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any HSE Professionals In The House? (403071 Views)

Re: Hse Professionals / Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / Hse Professionals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2010
eonaiviv:

@ brainwave, oh! thank u. I guess i'll jst keep adding value 2 myself until I find a practising job.

@eonaiviv, u're welcome to the forum. Adding value to yourself while searching for a relevant job to 'practicalize' makes sense. What sort of work experience do you have presently, i.e, in what area?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Bawses(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hello house, good job you guys are doing down here. Am a graduate of Microbiology and would like to follow a career in HSE. While searching online for info, i stumbled upon this thread. And so far i think i've learnt a few from the masters in the house and i appreciate.
@bubbleskid
Please i don't mind getting the file from you too, no knowledge they say is lost. Even though am a starter am sure i'll pick up alot from it. My email addy is
(Clementis27@gmail.com). Will really appreciate your assistance.

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by Superbrain(m): 12:14am On Jul 03, 2010
Hello people, there is an opening for HSE Officer at Mantrac. Follow this link.

http://www.mantracnigeria.com/page.php?pg=vacancy_details&career_id=88

It requires 5 years of experience. Those with 2 and above can still try their luck. All the best.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 10:51am On Jul 05, 2010
Superbrain:

Hello people, there is an opening for HSE Officer at Mantrac. Follow this link.

http://www.mantracnigeria.com/page.php?pg=vacancy_details&career_id=88

It requires 5 years of experience. Those with 2 and above can still try their luck. All the best.

@Superbrain, Thanks for this info.Well done!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2010
Folks, I came across an HSE Advisor/Manager opening post on nairaland career forum. If you're interetsed, just follow the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473171.0.html
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eonaiviv: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2010
@ Brainwave, I am currently working in a Real estate development firm. Right now I have 7 months experience after NYSC. Finished service in November 2009.

Thanks y'all 4 the job posting, please keep it up. I heard that a bill is to be passed in the National Assembly concerning HSE.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 7:48am On Jul 15, 2010
@brainwave, I Came across a training programme Organized By spherical engineering ltd on HSE practicals which costs N22,500. pls i want to know if u have anybody that have done such training before so he or she can fill me in on how professional the training is, because i want to go for it next month. Also i want to know if doing the training in spherical engineering ltd wil be worth the money and time? thanx man
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eonaiviv: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2010
@ kkkossy, when is the date for your training? My training was done by spherical engineering limited in June 2010. Its was ok.
Wat level of training are you about to do?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2010
kkkossy:

@brainwave, I Came across a training programme Organized By spherical engineering ltd on HSE practicals which costs N22,500. pls i want to know if u have anybody that have done such training before so he or she can fill me in on how professional the training is, because i want to go for it next month. Also i want to know if doing the training in spherical engineering ltd wil be worth the money and time? thanx man

@kkkossy, I do not recall any1 I know undergoing any training by Spherical but its good to know that WE have one of US on this forum (eonaiviv) who has had dealings with them. I do think her opinions will be worth considering. I'd suggest you ask her here, any further questions that may be bogging your mind about the training before you commit your time & funds to it. Cheers!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2010
eonaiviv:

@ Brainwave, I am currently working in a Real estate development firm. Right now I have 7 months experience after NYSC. Finished service in November 2009.

Thanks y'all 4 the job posting, please keep it up. I heard that a bill is to be passed in the National Assembly concerning HSE.

@eonaiviv, I do hope the HSE bill sails through. I believe we truly need more awareness on workplace HSE matters 'nationally' because the general standards one sees around is still very far from 'ideal'. As individuals we can keep spreading HSE awareness in our spheres of influence.

I must appreciate your commitment to personal development, do keep it up! smiley
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2010
@brainwave, Have u heard of INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL SECURITY AND SAFETY OF NIGERIA (ISSN)? They have a 2 days training coming up next month too. i want to know if they are HSE consultants or Rather HSE lisenced. thanx
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eonaiviv: 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2010
@ kkkossy & brainwave; As I said earlier my training was organized by Spherical Engineering Ltd (Level 2 & 3) in June bt im yet 2 have my certificate, until I get that I will not vouch for them toatally. Although the training was ok bt wat is a training if you dont have a cert 2 show 4 after u apply 4 a job.

As 4 the IISSN, i jst googled dt. From my findings, it doesnt include health and env. It only includes safety & security. I dunno if thats a complete package on HSE. Any other contribution from the house is welcome.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
eonaiviv:

@ kkkossy & brainwave; As I said earlier my training was organized by Spherical Engineering Ltd (Level 2 & 3) in June bt im yet 2 have my certificate, until I get that I will not vouch for them toatally. Although the training was ok bt wat is a training if you dont have a cert 2 show 4 after u apply 4 a job.

As 4 the IISSN, i jst googled dt. From my findings, it doesnt include health and env. It only includes safety & security. I dunno if thats a complete package on HSE. Any other contribution from the house is welcome.

@eonaiviv ,
i want to know if spherical engineering is HSE Licenced, if so is there certification authentic? The training involves going to a construction site and obtaining field reports and carry out risk management and HsE assessment. the reliability of your report will depend on whether you failed the training or passed because you will be assessed at the end of the day, but if you do pass you will be issued a certificate. the reason why i feel i should go for it , is because it`s more of practicals and it invovles an on-feild experience.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2010
kkkossy:

@eonaiviv ,
i want to know if spherical engineering is HSE Licenced, if so is there certification authentic? The training involves going to a construction site and obtaining field reports and carry out risk management and HsE assessment. the reliability of your report will depend on whether you failed the training or passed because you will be assessed at the end of the day, but if you do pass you will be issued a certificate. the reason why i feel i should go for it , is because it`s more of practicals and it invovles an on-feild experience.

@kkkossy, I am presently not aware of an HSE accreditation body around that authenticates HSE training providers. If you feel the training would be of benefit to you, you can as well give it a try.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kunle4u(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2010
pls is anyone know if there are NEBOSH course provider here in nigeria? i av being to their site but i could not get any nigeria course provider.u can send d info to owodola@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2010
@akpezi,
Thanks for the site (OSHacademy) you posted for the HSE Free Training. i really want to do the online training to get the online certificate (pdf Format through email). Pls how did you pay for it? Have you done the certified training before? thanks
@brainwave, for some reason i decided to forget about the training offered by spherical engr ltd. i`m on a HSSE progamme nw, though i`m scheduled to sit for the exam On saturday. thanks for ur replies.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:41pm On Aug 05, 2010
kkkossy:

@brainwave, for some reason i decided to forget about the training offered by spherical engr ltd. i`m on a HSSE progamme nw, though i`m scheduled to sit for the exam On saturday. thanks for your replies.

@kkkosssy, no wahala! What's important is that u'v taken a step forward. I remember a quote that goes something like this: "If you cannot fly, run, if you cannot run, walk, if you cannot walk, crawl, but by all means, keep moving". Cheers!

PS- By the way, can you give more details on what the HSSE programme u'r taking is all about?

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 3:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
kunle4u:

pls is anyone know if there are NEBOSH course provider here in nigeria? i av being to their site but i could not get any nigeria course provider.u can send d info to owodola@gmail.com thanks.

@kunle4u, I'll try to send some info on NEBOSH course centres in Nigeria (to your email box) ASAP. But I'll advise you not to take things at face value i.e, do your findings on the quality of service offered by the various centres before deciding which to deal with.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2010
@brainwave,
HSSE-Health, safety, security and environment as it is called, at the end of the training, successful  trainees will be issued a certificate certified by the institute of industrial safety and security in nigeria IISSN (like i stated previously). Apparently, it`s not licenced by NISP. Coupled to the fact that i studied industrial/production engr, i think it`s blatantly necessary for me to go for it as a starting point, though i`m going for the level 2 only. it`s Scheduled to commence tomorrow though.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by uzygirl(f): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2010
Hi all, I'm really glad to see that we have a forum for HSE in the house. I have an MSc in Environmental Management and I'm looking for graduate opportunities. I had the NISP training level 3 some years ago and need to renew soon. However, I would prefer to get some certification in Environment as well. Does anyone know where I can get this? Brainwave?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by waledudu(m): 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2010
I 've really ready gained alot 4rm dis forum. I registerd 4 hse level 2 (august diet) and i plan goin 4 level 3 by septemba. Do u think some of dis companies employ those witout expirience. Which other area of hse can i go into afta d level 3? Thx
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:14pm On Aug 09, 2010
uzygirl:

Hi all, I'm really glad to see that we have a forum for HSE in the house. I have an MSc in Environmental Management and I'm looking for graduate opportunities. I had the NISP training level 3 some years ago and need to renew soon. However, I would prefer to get some certification in Environment as well. Does anyone know where I can get this? Brainwave?

@uzygirl, certification in environment? Sorry, I do not know of any recognized/accredited one in Nigeria.

@All, anyone with relevant info on this
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2010
waledudu:

I 've really ready gained alot 4rm dis forum. I registerd 4 hse level 2 (august diet) and i plan goin 4 level 3 by septemba. Do u think some of dis companies employ those witout expirience. Which other area of hse can i go into afta d level 3? Thx

@waledudu, u're welcome! Yes, its possible to be employed in an HSE role without prior hands-on experience i.e entry level. As for the other area of HSE you can go into after level 3, do you mean, how you can go further in HSE? If yes, after your level 3, you can proceed to write the project and membership exams to become an associate of the institute (NISP).

1 Like

Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by brainwave(m): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
kunle4u:

@kunle4u, u can check your mail for the info you requested!
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by eonaiviv: 9:10am On Aug 17, 2010
@ uzygirl, I kno of a school in nigeria called the African School of quality and engineering at ikeja. They do serious environmental management courses, they lodge the guys in hotel and they even bring foreigners 2 teach. I ll get d website 4 u.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by earthangel(f): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2010
d
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by uzygirl(f): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2010
eonaiviv:

@ uzygirl, I kno of a school in nigeria called the African School of quality and engineering at ikeja. They do serious environmental management courses, they lodge the guys in hotel and they even bring foreigners 2 teach. I ll get d website 4 u.

Thanks, I'll be waiting.

kkkossy:

@akpezi,
Thanks for the site (OSHacademy) you posted for the HSE Free Training. i really want to do the online training to get the online certificate (pdf Format through email). Pls how did you pay for it? Have you done the certified training before? thanks

Pls what's the site, I'm interested.
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by uzygirl(f): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2010
earthangel:

Hello Peeps,

I am in need of 2 facilitators to support a lead trainer for a two day general HSE course. The participants will be mainly Managers and HR personnel and will focus on promoting a general awareness of health and safety in a corporate environment. The topics that would be covered should meet international standards and must also include a module on HSE laws in Nigeria.
If you are interested in being a facilitator and have relevant experience in occupational health and/or HSE facilitation, please send and e-mail to moji.sola@hotmail.com, stating the topics you feel comfortable facilitating, any relevant HSE qualification and experience that you might have.

The training will be held in October.

@earthangel
Where will the location for this training be?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by earthangel(f): 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2010
The training will be in Lagos
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2010
@UZYGIRL,
The site is www.oshatrain.org but they have a consultant in nigeria, so you can do it in nigeria if your are not oversees. for details visit www.elakgroup.com
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by uzygirl(f): 10:50am On Aug 24, 2010
Thanks guys. Is there any other HSE professional body one can join in Nigeria apart from NISP?
Re: Any HSE Professionals In The House? by kkkossy(m): 11:31am On Aug 24, 2010
@uzgirl,
like the one i did IISSN - institute of industrial Safety and security in nigeria. though i`m not a member yet until i do HSSE level 3 with them. You can visit www.IISSN.org

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (113) (Reply)

How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure? / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.